Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP3 is done and has been rated! But where's the announcement!?

The website that leaked Life in the city is the official rating board of Brazil which not only confirms the expansion pack but also confirms it has been rated. (I believe it was rated 12+ which is the equivalent of T for Teen in the Uk/Us) O Sim Br (a sims fan site) has discovered a letter asking for the rating to be taken down from EA and that the pack was sent to be reviewed on August 10th, now if it was sent off over a week ago for review, where's the announcement!? The pack is done and definitely should be ready if it's been reviewed so where is the announcement?? Here's the tweet from O Sims BR and the letter...
CqLWzN8WAAA5HfK?format=jpg&name=large
https://mobile.twitter.com/OSimBR/status/766412106627448833

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    It would be interesting to know when did previous EP get rated in Brazil (maybe 1 or 2 months before release?). Of course th EP has to be finished but there is still a lot that needs to be done (marketing, distribution etc.)
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know when did previous EP get rated in Brazil (maybe 1 or 2 months before release?). Of course th EP has to be finished but there is still a lot that needs to be done (marketing, distribution etc.)
    They reviewed Get Together on September 10th 2015 (3 months before release) so we could still be waiting a while
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    They reviewed Get Together on September 10th 2015 (3 months before release) so we could still be waiting a while

Interesting! But they initially planned to release it in November (i.e. They rated it 2 months before the original release date)...so I guess the next EP will most likely be released in October/November. Since August is usually a slow month, I would expect an announcement by early September? Maybe to celebrate the 2-year anniversary.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member

Interesting! But they initially planned to release it in November (i.e. They rated it 2 months before the original release date)...so I guess the next EP will most likely be released in October/Nobember. Since August is usually a slow month, I would expect an announcement by early September? Maybe to celebrate the 2-year anniversary.

I wouldn't expect the announcement to be until October - quarterly financial accounting rules of course.

Maybe Thursday, October 6 for the announcement and Tuesday, October 25 for the release?
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    Didn't we always get some sort of early-ish "announcement" with TS3. Like the "game went gold" thing? I can't really remember. I just want the PEPS feeling back. (haven't had it with TS4 yet at all)
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Interesting! But they initially planned to release it in November (i.e. They rated it 2 months before the original release date)...so I guess the next EP will most likely be released in October/Nobember. Since August is usually a slow month, I would expect an announcement by early September? Maybe to celebrate the 2-year anniversary.

I wouldn't expect the announcement to be until October - quarterly financial accounting rules of course.

Maybe Thursday, October 6 for the announcement and Tuesday, October 25 for the release?

I don't think the rules apply for EP's. Both Get To Work and Get Together were announced in the previous quarter.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    all we can do is wait...that is it...but i'm hoping for announcement in September....
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    the waiting is so painful
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited August 2016

No no they can announce paid content when they like, but free content is tied to restrictions. This is why they've announced EPs months ahead of release, and will likely do the same here. Although I think they are leaving much less of a gap between announcement and release as GT was announced way too far in advance they got negative feedback on that.

I think you are right in that the EP will be released hopefully some time in October. i'm expecting the announcement in the next few weeks. The sooner the better! :smile:
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Has an expansion ever been released within the same month as its announcement date? That seems way too quick.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Has an expansion ever been released within the same month as its announcement date? That seems way too quick.

No it hasn't.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

No it hasn't.

They've had roughly 8-week marketing lead-ups, IIRC.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Hey Simmers! The rating for the new expansion pack should actually be rated "I". For I'm tired of waiting"
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    the waiting is so painful

In the Sims 4 it's so painful due to silence and secrecy it's a trip to the hospital. When the doctor asks why I wanted to be sent to the emergency room I would say "EA is won't tell me what's the next expansion pack that will avoid family play?"
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member

I was guessing the dates based on how stuff packs and game packs have been released close to their announcement dates.

Then I saw that Get to Work was announced in February and released in April. Get Together was announced in August and released in December a month later than scheduled.

Still, whether the announcement is made in September or October a November/early December release similar to Get Together seems pretty likely.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I'm expecting October announcement and November release.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    September or October then we might get a preview or a picture or a hint or something.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    September 30 the article said otherwise the company has the right to do the rating and all that I think, so I'd expect an announcement before that.
    giphy_1.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The website that leaked Life in the city is the official rating board of Brazil which not only confirms the expansion pack but also confirms it has been rated. (I believe it was rated 12+ which is the equivalent of T for Teen in the Uk/Us) O Sim Br (a sims fan site) has discovered a letter asking for the rating to be taken down from EA and that the pack was sent to be reviewed on August 10th, now if it was sent off over a week ago for review, where's the announcement!? The pack is done and definitely should be ready if it's been reviewed so where is the announcement?? Here's the tweet from O Sims BR and the letter...
    Good question! This is to strange, here it said that the EP is done, and has already been sent out for a review. I just got done reading a comment about how half the team members are working on an EP. So now I'm completely baffled. Is this thing done or is it still being worked on?

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Good question! This is to strange, here it said that the EP is done, and has already been sent out for a review. I just got done reading a comment about how half the team members are working on an EP. So now I'm completely baffled. Is this thing done or is it still being worked on?

according to @Julyvee94 who was invited as a "Tradeshow" visitor. "They also showed that they are often working at 5 or 6 packs at the time while 2 or 3 more are in planning. And while most of their developers work on expansion packs, the small stuff pack team seems to be the most productive. There’s also a team called “Updates & Fixes” which is new for the Sims 4 and deals only with free content updates and patches.:"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

EP is done in terms of content probably. Doesn't mean it is ready for release though. Now is the time I assume they do bug hunting and optimizations.

EP is done in terms of content probably. Doesn't mean it is ready for release though. Now is the time I assume they do bug hunting and optimizations.

They could still be producing things like announcement content as well.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

According to a letter that I had read that was in Portuguese, the EP is a done deal. So why is there a comment on another thread stating that half of the Sims Team is working on a EP then, if this thing is done like the letter claims it to be?

According to a letter that I had read that was in Portuguese, the EP is a done deal. So why is there a comment on another thread stating that half of the Sims Team is working on a EP then, if this thing is done like the letter claims it to be?

The next EP?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

They could still be producing things like announcement content as well.

Well yes - I mean the pack + it's contents (key features) are locked in and aren't going to change. I assume you mean the free content by announcement content, and yes I agree that it could still be a WIP since it's released separately from the EP.