Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which hair type do you prefer? Alpha or clay?

Comments

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited July 2017
    I honestly get so confused when I see people say alpha does not fit in the game, I always use alpha on my sims and never even notice that the townies have clay hair. It doesn't matter to me, I feel it makes it more diverse with different looking sims going round rather than looking similar. :D
    Obviously I love alpha but I do like clay hair too but mostly custom content clay hair.
  • choccolattechoccolatte Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know honestly, I like the alpha hair but, I'm afraid if I get too much CC it would crash my game.
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2017
    Mm. Nevermind. Not gonna post those. I don't think mine are good enough examples.

I like both styles. They have different vibes. I go alpha for darker stories, and clay for just playing the game for the most part.
    Post edited by naomeh on
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I like em both. I do tend to choose one or another in my games for my sims or sims of interest. My current save is all Maxis Match and therefore clay hair, but I do like my other save where my sims all have alpha hair. My super sims really stand out against the townies.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • MadRadMandeeMadRadMandee Posts: 110 Member
    I really love Maxis Match hair, I don't use really any alpha, and clayified is pretty nice in my opinion :)
  • IanOllerIanOller Posts: 5 New Member
    I think clay looks better. Sometimes I see some good alpha hair styles, but they don't always match the texture of the game itself.
  • PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    It's not that I dislike alpha hair but it just doesn't seem to fit the game. But it's having a combination of clay haired townies and alpha haired playables that really gets me. I never use alpha because if I did, I'd have to somehow get rid of all the clay hair and I refuse to use MC Command Center so that's that. I generally prefer clay in this game anyway. When I see youtubers play and they have a mix of clay and alpha hair in their household, it drives me crazy.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    i like both, but i only use alpha hair for sims that are unique or special to me :p:p
  • Studio_Queen_BStudio_Queen_B Posts: 7 New Member
    I like Alpha
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I Prefer clay hair. I play with laptop mode on (cause i play on a laptop) so the alpha hair always has those ugly blonde streaks.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    9/10 alpha hairstyles I do not like. but the few that I do like, I think are really pretty. I only use them for women when I do.
    I like maxis match hair for my boys. As for the clayified stuff (when people take an alpha hair and clayify it and slap a "maxis-match" label on it), I think that stuff is hideous. Absolutely atrocious.
  • FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    It's so interesting how everyone just has different opinions and preferences. Most people say that alpha doesn't match the sims style, but to me it's the other way around :D .
    I have a computer where I have lots of cc including alpha hair and a laptop where I use only maxismatch stuff. Every time I take screenshots of my sims I get the feeling that the background has so much more details than the thick clay hair and I always wonder why everybody else says that ONLY clay fits the sims 4 world.

Like for example here: The plants/grass in the background are much more detailed or fine-grained than her hair. And of course Oasis Springs is one of the less detailed towns.

tumblr_ouahg39wWB1wxvesvo1_1280.png

But don't get me wrong, I still love playing with the clay haired sims on my laptop and many of you guys make very very beautiful maxismatch sims! I just like alpha hair a little more <3
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • CiarasStuffCiarasStuff Posts: 12 New Member
    I prefer clay as it fits in with the whole aesthetic of the game, if you use alpha hair it doesn't fit into the game
  • madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    I pretty much only use Maxis Match CC, whether it's hair, eyes, furniture, etc. It really limits my options, but I just like to have everything flow really well.
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I actually like the stylized look of the clay hair more. I prefer details on the face and clothing.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    I don't get how some of you are making slick comments about alpha hair yet your sims have very realistic makeup/contacts/accessories/clothing that look terrible with clay hair. People are saying clay hair fits the "aesthetics" of TS4 when I find the clay hair too cartoony compared to how realistic TS4 sims/lighting is, this is how I see your screenshots:
    lazytown-7.jpg

^ And that eyesore is why I try my best to avoid the sims 4 section.

Oh, and for those complaining about how "greasy" alpha hair looks: find better CC.
    ot4TPlS.png
    a742kT4.jpg
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Personally I prefer the alpha hair styles and there seem to be more colour options. I don't dislike the clay hair mind, it doesn't matter to me which townies choose to wear.
  • bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    I like clay better. I used to compromise by also using clayified alpha hairs so that I could have a larger range of hairstyles but I think we're at the point we have enough clay hairs that I'm even letting go of clayified hairs.

beret_looks.png
    vs.
    haironbounce.png

In the first pic see how the you can see the flat pieces, they bother me now. It's especially irksome in curly hair styles. I wish alpha hairs could be truly clayified so they could be juicy looking like the second pic.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited August 2017
    JMConcept wrote: »
    I don't get how some of you are making slick comments about alpha hair yet your sims have very realistic makeup/contacts/accessories/clothing that look terrible with clay hair. People are saying clay hair fits the "aesthetics" of TS4 when I find the clay hair too cartoony compared to how realistic TS4 sims/lighting is, this is how I see your screenshots:
    lazytown-7.jpg

^ And that eyesore is why I try my best to avoid the sims 4 section.

Oh, and for those complaining about how "greasy" alpha hair looks: find better CC.
    ot4TPlS.png

Please take all of the CC off of the that sim except for the hair and post the difference. Alpha hair looks better when you have a sim covered in cc in Sims 4.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    ot4TPlS.png

She looks incredibly natural and real, but some people aren't going for that in a game.
    I worry about the clipping issues of CC, I've always had issues with CC looking good from one angle but if they turn their head it all sticks or clips.
    It makes me glad I'm satisfied with the vanilla options.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    edited August 2017
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Please take all of the CC off of the that sim except for the hair and post the difference. Alpha hair looks better when you have a sim covered in cc in Sims 4.
    No longer "covered in cc" and the hair still looks more natural than that playdough you guys call hair.
    77PlgVn.png
    i0UaR5v.png
    a742kT4.jpg
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited August 2017
    Is that cc makeup? The lips look weird.

I mean that sim, totally CC free, except put on the CC hair.

The mostly CC-free sim looks better anyway.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

No makeup on, custom skin color but the skin texture is maxis-match.

Beauty is subjective, I don't like how TS4 sims look like w/o cc, especially the default hairs but that's just me. Agree to disagree.
    a742kT4.jpg
  • pastelgxmer204pastelgxmer204 Posts: 13 New Member
    Clay 100%. Alpha is nice for The Sims 3 but when playing in The Sims 4 with Alpha I don't enjoy it. It doesn't flow for me. I don't like realistic. I like when everything matches. And the only reason I even use CC is because I don't have that many packs for TS4. As soon as I get them, I likely wont use CAS mods. :/
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2017

No makeup on, custom skin color but the skin texture is maxis-match.

Beauty is subjective, I don't like how TS4 sims look like w/o cc, especially the default hairs but that's just me. Agree to disagree.

I mean, we're supposed to just "agree to disagree" after you come here and insult everyone else and their sims, instead of just sharing your preference like everyone else has?

That's not really how it works, sweetie.