March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which hair type do you prefer? Alpha or clay?

Comments

• CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Clay all the way! Alpha looks Thin, Stringy and Gross like The Crypt Keeper From "Tales from the Crypt" I hated The Sims 3 hairs. To be honest, The Beta Sims 2 hair looks better than all of them. Stylized with a little polishing, it would be Perfect for S5, especially the "Generations" Promo video, I love all those hairs.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Klassickicks22Klassickicks22 Posts: 179 Member
    I do have alpha hair but I like clay hair better. :)
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I think the clay hair is ugly so alpha
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    naomeh wrote: »
    Edit: I'd rather come back and repost or fix this later when I have time and get everything together and organized. This wasn't as well put together as I'd have liked and I have to go now! Thank you for your answers, though.

What's alpha hair?
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    MysticOne wrote: »
    naomeh wrote: »
    Edit: I'd rather come back and repost or fix this later when I have time and get everything together and organized. This wasn't as well put together as I'd have liked and I have to go now! Thank you for your answers, though.

What's alpha hair?
    CC hair that looks more realistic. Here's some examples
    w-600h-450-2658837.jpg
    tumblr_obrez6JbtB1tw1icfo1_1280.jpg
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Is there any CC made or just a full on mod to have a more realistic art style? Because the way it is now really ruins it for me and these alpha haircuts look amazing! @Polyrhythm

(Not sure if you'd know an answer but you posted the haircut, so yeah ;) )
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Is there any CC made or just a full on mod to have a more realistic art style? Because the way it is now really ruins it for me and these alpha haircuts look amazing! @Polyrhythm

I haven't seen any yet. As far as hair there's probably users who have converted the BG hairs to alpha style or similar looking styles, but it's still pretty much ruined by townies spawning in a mixture of both alpha and clay hair.

It'd be cool if some did convert most the objects to look more realistic, but given how many parts of the TS4 worlds are static and hard to edit I'm not sure if someone will ever take on the task.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I prefer everything in my game to be Maxis Match so Clay I guess though I really hate that term for the default hair.
    ~ ~ ~
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

I haven't seen any yet. As far as hair there's probably users who have converted the BG hairs to alpha style or similar looking styles, but it's still pretty much ruined by townies spawning in a mixture of both alpha and clay hair.

It'd be cool if some did convert most the objects to look more realistic, but given how many parts of the TS4 worlds are static and hard to edit I'm not sure if someone will ever take on the task.

Probably not, but if anyone ever will I'm even willing to pay for that ;) that would make the game so much better for me!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I still most have alpha but lately I've started to use some clay ones I happened to have and I'm really loving them. It's funny to me. In Sims 2 and 3 I was a huge CC-a-holic for stuff that looked as far from Maxis that I could get. Now I'm finding I'd rather just use more non CC stuff and Maxis match. Crazy how that happened.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I still mostly have alpha but lately I've started to use some clay ones I happened to have and I'm really loving them. It's funny to me. In Sims 2 and 3 I was a huge CC-a-holic for stuff that looked as far from Maxis that I could get. Now I'm finding I'd rather just use more non CC stuff and Maxis match. Crazy how that happened.
  • MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    Definitely clay! I don't like it when CC clashes with the style of the game. Also I really like clay hair because it just fits the Sims and I adore the comic look. <3
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,433 Member
    Clay with more detailed textures. Some of the SPs have great hair so far, except for Backyard stuff.
    My Top Song of the Day: HEAVEN AND BACK by Chase Atlantic
    E0zWogS.gif
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Clay with nice texture.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    simmey1 wrote: »
    Clay with nice texture.

This is a good point to add. Definitely do not want base game textures clay hair in game. :unamused:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Well i learned what alpha and clay is lol. I prefer clay unless the alpha is really pretty. But it sometimes breaks up the immersion or whatever
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • soixedasoixeda Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't really care about my sims looking out of place compared to the townies. I use alpha for my male sims because i don't really like the male hairs in sims4. The female hairs look great tho
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Alpha.
    It just looks more like hair. The clay look is what you see on statues.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    I'm all for more realistic textures when it comes to skin and hair details, so I'm #TeamAlpha.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Those CC hair textures are terrible so not that one
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    Clay all the way! I won't even settle for clayified version of alpha hairs.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Alpha hair does look more real, natural but, it isn't TS4 style, still I do like a lot of the Alpha's I have. I don't upload sims with them though, they really don't fit the look of the game, but I like them.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I prefer the clay hair.
    I think the other hairs make sims look like prostitutes.

y-you.. you've just explained to me why I hate cc hair so much in TS4. I never understood why until I read this.
  • Jessvera1Jessvera1 Posts: 45 Member
    Clay all the way! I LOVE Maxis Match.