Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day & Knight 4/29

Comments

• roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I understand August. When my grandpa died on my hands I saw his dying face almost everywhere, in my dreams, too. So it's really not easy, it will haunt you very long time and you'll never be able to forget it. I'm really glad that August has Beau, after all what happened he needs a friend's shoulder. It's sad that Ethan can't understand it, but I think he has his own reasons to react to this so negatively. As we remember Ethan's mother was Tony Corleonesi's lover (and dancer? Trying to remember) and I think Ethan sees his mother in that girl who was murdered in the park. Sure, I can be wrong, but it's really obvious that Ethan reacts too sensitive to August's behavior.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Is the dynamic duo August and Beau or Sith? ;)

For this generation, August and Beau, of course. ;)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I understand August. When my grandpa died on my hands I saw his dying face almost everywhere, in my dreams, too. So it's really not easy, it will haunt you very long time and you'll never be able to forget it. I'm really glad that August has Beau, after all what happened he needs a friend's shoulder. It's sad that Ethan can't understand it, but I think he has his own reasons to react to this so negatively. As we remember Ethan's mother was Tony Corleonesi's lover (and dancer? Trying to remember) and I think Ethan sees his mother in that girl who was murdered in the park. Sure, I can be wrong, but it's really obvious that Ethan reacts too sensitive to August's behavior.

Your thoughts hit the closest to what's going on with Ethan. (But you will learn more later). Sorry about your grandpa!
    Is the dynamic duo August and Beau or Sith? ;)

For this generation, August and Beau, of course. ;)

Aww...yes. :D I know it's been a lot of Ethan and August lately, huh? But their relationship will never be the same as Beau and August and that's really shown here. No one remarked about it but Beau was being very protective of August, something we haven't seen yet (because it's been a lot of the other way around with August helping Beau).
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    *Shipping intensifies*
    Who will be next?
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    Wralai wrote: »
    *Shipping intensifies*
    Who will be next?

Shipping? You mean love interests or murder ships (which I haven't heard of yet. Ha ha!) ?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    *Shipping intensifies*
    Who will be next?

Shipping? You mean love interests or murder ships (which I haven't heard of yet. Ha ha!) ?

I ship August and Beau
    Jackson and Ro didn't get together, now is your chance! :'D
    *Shipping intensifies*
    Who will be next?

I ship August and Beau
    Jackson and Ro didn't get together, now is your chance! :'D

They are very cute. We shall see!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I don't think Ethan cares about his friends that much to commit a murder. :) I have an idea who Ethan may fear for, considering the victim's profession, but I'm sure there's much more in play. I'm happy Pammie keeps up this level of suspense, I'm enjoying it very much.

What? :o Well, I do believe that Ethan is able to have very intense feelings for his friends not although he keeps his secrets to himself but because of it. They can't be good and this either makes you bitter and dull or you are more watchful, more empathic, both are ways to protect oneself. Ethan wouldn't have any friends if he was the first one, especially from the character of his friends we can conclude that under normal circumstances he is easygoing and fun to be around. Wilder wouldn't want him as a mate if he was difficult, would ruin party mood :D And maybe he wouldn't murder his friends but people he doesn't know so much because he pities them and is convinced they'd have it a lot better this way? I'm just trying to sort things out in my head.

Other possibilities I could imagine are:
    - Ethan knows something about the murderer, the reason of the murder or the girl, is maybe even tied to her in some way. Maybe she's a colleague of his mother? Works for the same people, she's in a bad environment, maybe suspects something? Or his brother is in bad company and that's why he hates him, because with that he puts his family in danger?
    - Ethan feels threatened because he knows something, is or has been involved with dangerous people whom he suspects to have ordered the murder. Someone like him has to know a lot and it isn't for nothing that he puts so much effort into hiding anything about himself but knowing everything about others at the same time. He isn't shy and this level of observance isn't normal any more.
    - Ethan is in the dark and that's why he feels upset/unsure. He has tried to find out but has failed, there's a person in the background pulling the strings and he has no clue what they will do next, who will be threatened next. August's investigation aggravate this failure and uncertainty so he overreacts on them. Plus why should August succeed in something in which he, the experienced one in that field, hadn't been successful?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I don't think Ethan cares about his friends that much to commit a murder. :) I have an idea who Ethan may fear for, considering the victim's profession, but I'm sure there's much more in play. I'm happy Pammie keeps up this level of suspense, I'm enjoying it very much.

What? :o Well, I do believe that Ethan is able to have very intense feelings for his friends not although he keeps his secrets to himself but because of it. They can't be good and this either makes you bitter and dull or you are more watchful, more empathic, both are ways to protect oneself. Ethan wouldn't have any friends if he was the first one, especially from the character of his friends we can conclude that under normal circumstances he is easygoing and fun to be around. Wilder wouldn't want him as a mate if he was difficult, would ruin party mood :D And maybe he wouldn't murder his friends but people he doesn't know so much because he pities them and is convinced they'd have it a lot better this way? I'm just trying to sort things out in my head.

Other possibilities I could imagine are:
    - Ethan knows something about the murderer, the reason of the murder or the girl, is maybe even tied to her in some way. Maybe she's a colleague of his mother? Works for the same people, she's in a bad environment, maybe suspects something? Or his brother is in bad company and that's why he hates him, because with that he puts his family in danger?
    - Ethan feels threatened because he knows something, is or has been involved with dangerous people whom he suspects to have ordered the murder. Someone like him has to know a lot and it isn't for nothing that he puts so much effort into hiding anything about himself but knowing everything about others at the same time. He isn't shy and this level of observance isn't normal any more.
    - Ethan is in the dark and that's why he feels upset/unsure. He has tried to find out but has failed, there's a person in the background pulling the strings and he has no clue what they will do next, who will be threatened next. August's investigation aggravate this failure and uncertainty so he overreacts on them. Plus why should August succeed in something in which he, the experienced one in that field, hadn't been successful?

Wow. Absolutely love this analyses! You're right that Ethan is normally very chill so the behavior is very strange and upsetting. We will learn more about why he's on edge next chapter.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Loved this chapter, of course.
    Shouldn't August's parents be more worried? I mean a young woman was murdered and August was nearby with his friends. They seemed to have taken the news the same way as one would take the weather forecast.
    I sympathize with August and his need to find answers.
    Ethan's reaction may have been insensitive but it speaks volumes. We have never seen him upset. My guess would be he's scared. He was trying to not to think about it and August kept bringing the case up. This was probably the most intriguing line of the chapter: "How do you know someone didn't save someone else by killing her?" It's not something a regular person would say unless they knew the victim somehow. If he just hated all w****s he would say: "How do you know she didn't deserve it?" But the bit about saving someone else suggests he or his family is involved.
    Hmmm, Any connection between Etoile and the victim? Insufficent clues for further speculation.

That line "How do you know someone didn't save someone else by killing her?" is exactly what caught my attention and the fact Ethan is pushing so hard to make August give it up. Yes, it does appear to be obsessive behavior for August but I don't think he has shared his nightmares about it being Briar with them and that coupled with the trauma of finding her is driving him to find out who dunnit.
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Shouldn't August's parents be more worried? I mean a young woman was murdered and August was nearby with his friends. They seemed to have taken the news the same way as one would take the weather forecast.
    Ethan's reaction may have been insensitive but it speaks volumes. We have never seen him upset. My guess would be he's scared. He was trying to not to think about it and August kept bringing the case up. This was probably the most intriguing line of the chapter: "How do you know someone didn't save someone else by killing her?" It's not something a regular person would say unless they knew the victim somehow. If he just hated all w****s he would say: "How do you know she didn't deserve it?" But the bit about saving someone else suggests he or his family is involved.
    Hmmm, Any connection between Etoile and the victim? Insufficent clues for further speculation.

That line "How do you know someone didn't save someone else by killing her?" is exactly what caught my attention and the fact Ethan is pushing so hard to make August give it up. Yes, it does appear to be obsessive behavior for August but I don't think he has shared his nightmares about it being Briar with them and that coupled with the trauma of finding her is driving him to find out who dunnit.

Ethan knows about August's nightmares that's why Beau is so mad. So Beau will try to find out what's going on with him. But will Ethan open up?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Ethan knows about August's nightmares that's why Beau is so mad. So Beau will try to find out what's going on with him. But will Ethan open up?

Sorry, I must have missed that. Interesting. I actually need to go back and read it slower...:) I was reading in the airport and couldn't comment right after because the internet connection kept dropping and then I would have to reload the page...
    Okay, reread - I read yesterday in the airport and couldn't comment right after. Internet connection issues. Now I recall the silent dream discussion. :blush:

Still, Ethan's whole speech seems very telling. It's like he knows what might have happened. And Beau, well we know how he feels about August so of course he will take his side and be there to comfort him. The fact that Beau and Ethan were friends before August arrived but he's never been to his house - that's a little mysterious as well. Beau just thinks he hates 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for some reason...I think there is much more going on with Ethan. I don't think he's bad even though he has the genes to be, but then I don't think Tony is necessarily bad either...lol...But I think Ethan is Beau's friend for a reason.

Sorry - we all are like August, trying to figure out the mystery! :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited October 2017

Knowing how many suspicious deaths have happened already in town, Ethan is just being logical. :p:(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited October 2017
    @MrsRacooney Not sure if you didn't misunderstand what I was trying to say. Or maybe I misunderstood. :/ Ethan gives the impression he's friends with everyone and not actually being close to anyone (or he cares deeply and does a good job pretending he doesn't). That's why I was questioning his willingness to kill someone to protect them. It's still a bloody murder we are talking about. Wouldn't it be more logical to call the police if he knew something or simply warn the person first? All jokes about his genes aside, a normal person is not capable of killing someone even if their life is at stake. It is not natural for a normal person to take someone's life. You either have to be trained to do it, have some kind of personality disorder or be very desperate and have nothing to lose. I don't know how much of his background Pammie decided to use, but the original idea was, that the thought of killing people and becoming a killer terrified him more than anything. Current situation would upset him even if he wasn't involved. I still can't decide if I want to see Ethan as a good guy or someone who pulls the strings in the background. My comments may sound conflicting thanks to that sometimes. However, no matter what kind of character he becomes in Pammie's story, I will keep enjoying looking at his pretty face. :)
    Alright, I'll stop gushing about him and see myself out...
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @Maladi777 - Ethan is even more gorgeous than Tony - imho (eeek - I'm going to get hate mail for that) He looks yummy in every single screen shot. I'm not sure if it's @pammiechick's mad screenshot skills or if he is just that handsome. But I agree - I am enjoying his pretty face! :)
    So I'm reading through Gen Four again, and...
    He said he wanted to be a secret agent like his great granddad, so I started calling him Double O to bust his chops. I told him he had to earn the right to a real number when he grew up. All he did was laugh when I told him. And so, "Double O" stuck.

This is from 4.2. Foreshadowing, maybe...?

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @MrsRacooney Not sure if you didn't misunderstand what I was trying to say. Or maybe I misunderstood. :/ Ethan gives the impression he's friends with everyone and not actually being close to anyone (or he cares deeply and does a good job pretending he doesn't). That's why I was questioning his willingness to kill someone to protect them. It's still a bloody murder we are talking about. Wouldn't it be more logical to call the police if he knew something or simply warn the person first? All jokes about his genes aside, a normal person is not capable of killing someone even if their life is at stake. It is not natural for a normal person to take someone's life. You either have to be trained to do it, have some kind of personality disorder or be very desperate and have nothing to lose. I don't know how much of his background Pammie decided to use, but the original idea was, that the thought of killing people and becoming a killer terrified him more than anything. Current situation would upset him even if he wasn't involved. I still can't decide if I want to see Ethan as a good guy or someone who pulls the strings in the background. My comments may sound conflicting thanks to that sometimes. However, no matter what kind of character he becomes in Pammie's story, I will keep enjoying looking at his pretty face. :)

Well maybe I did :# But I was only giving a few of my theories anyway, didn't refer to yours. They were more about Ethan knowing or not knowing something rather than being the actual murderer. Of course he'd inform the police immediately - but we don't know about his past, his surroundings, his mother's surroundings. Could also be someone blackmailing or threatening them, whatever so they doesn't talk. If we excluded Ethan now because normal people aren't capable of committing a murder, wouldn't we have to exclude most of the others too? They're normal teenagers, at least the majority.
    Btw I didn't remember his backstory, forgot them for all of the submitted sims :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited October 2017

ETHAN GUSH! Little by little, we will peck away at Ethan's hard exterior and find out who he is, but it's going to take some time. You will meet his mother next chapter and you'll find out more about her and his father and maybe you can make better conjectures on why he's acting like this, but honestly, I'm not sure you'll be able to guess it yet. But I'm happy to hear all your thoughts!
    @Maladi777 - Ethan is even more gorgeous than Tony - imho (eeek - I'm going to get hate mail for that) He looks yummy in every single screen shot. I'm not sure if it's @pammiechick's mad screenshot skills or if he is just that handsome. But I agree - I am enjoying his pretty face! :)

Maybe because I'm biased but Ethan is a total pretty boy. He has his father's demeanor which is uncanny. I remember when shooting Tony, he'd give the best looks and Ethan does this. In game, Ethan is quite small, much different from his father and August dwarfs him (you probably can't tell.) Even Beau is bigger, but he is CRAZY photogenic! :love:
    So I'm reading through Gen Four again, and...
    He said he wanted to be a secret agent like his great granddad, so I started calling him Double O to bust his chops. I told him he had to earn the right to a real number when he grew up. All he did was laugh when I told him. And so, "Double O" stuck.

This is from 4.2. Foreshadowing, maybe...?

Oh definitely!

Well maybe I did :# But I was only giving a few of my theories anyway, didn't refer to yours. They were more about Ethan knowing or not knowing something rather than being the actual murderer. Of course he'd inform the police immediately - but we don't know about his past, his surroundings, his mother's surroundings. Could also be someone blackmailing or threatening them, whatever so they doesn't talk. If we excluded Ethan now because normal people aren't capable of committing a murder, wouldn't we have to exclude most of the others too? They're normal teenagers, at least the majority.
    Btw I didn't remember his backstory, forgot them for all of the submitted sims :#

In the backstory, his mother was an exotic dancer and his father was a mob hired killer (hundreds of deaths on his bloodied hands). But Maladi was making the point that just because his father was a killer, that doesn't mean Ethan is. No one knows what happened to Ethan when he was growing up. That affects him deeply. But he's built huge walls of protection around himself (which I feel is quite apparent by now). You find out more about him next chapter. I assure you that there's a lot going on in every character's background that you don't know yet (but little by little you will.)
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    This is definitely a high stakes, high drama generation so far. Poor August--making such a grisly discovery can't be good for his psyche. And with all the sketchy stuff going on surrounding Briar and Etoile's families, there may be more than one reason his dreams are taking such a dark, personal turn.

I'm still glad to see him and Beau together. Beau seems to genuinely care for and support his friend, even if he'd not-so-secretly like to be more than that.
    uduVcAP.png
    This is definitely a high stakes, high drama generation so far. Poor August--making such a grisly discovery can't be good for his psyche. And with all the sketchy stuff going on surrounding Briar and Etoile's families, there may be more than one reason his dreams are taking such a dark, personal turn.

I'm still glad to see him and Beau together. Beau seems to genuinely care for and support his friend, even if he'd not-so-secretly like to be more than that.

It is a little sad and scary. So different from what August was used to growing up. August probably still doesn't trust Daniel and his psyche is going crazy. He's definitely lucky to have Beau who he can always trust. :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    TGIF!

And I have a chapter for you!

t7zK5H4.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    YAY, a new chapter!!! I was wondering when we'd get one, eeee. <3

And OMG.
    Ethan and Amber are half-siblings? I'm in shock. Wow.

And he wants to keep dating her anyway. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I wonder what Amber would say if she knew? Does she know? And would she be mad if he kept it a secret and found out about it later...? And can Beau keep it a secret from August too? Hmmm. Secrets tend to not stay secrets forever!

Loved The Popsicle Stick, LOL. Your scenes are always perfect! And it's fun to watch the boys all interacting with each other, and in different combinations.

But wow, Ethan...
    uduVcAP.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Geez, kinda complicated. I was expecting it though when he mentioned his mum and his dad.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    amazed-cat-gif.gif
    Epic revelations!
    I had a feeling that they were going to be related, as soon as Ethan started talking about his dad skipping out on his mum. Mind you,
    this is only based on his mother's opinion - sure, Amber's mum got pregnant around the same time, but without a DNA test, I'm going to sit on the fence on this topic.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)