Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day & Knight 4/29

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    @MrsRacooney I wouldn't exclude our gang at all! They are my prime suspects! Take Beau for instance. For all we know Daniel could be protecting Briar from him. I don't see those two siblings acting like brother and sister.
    Also someone here made a good observation about the victim resembling Briar. We can safely assume Briar was the actual target and the killer mixed those two girls up. Daniel is not the villain in my opinion. Somehow he knows she's in danger. And it's also the reason why he was so angry when she went to see her friends without telling him or whatever it was she was doing.

Wow. Such insight for so little I've given you here. Love these thoughts! But I will not lead you down any paths. It will be like a maze where you'll go down one path, hit a dead end and will have to backtrack and reevaluate all you know. >:) But I will have to hand it to you--I love how your mind works. Keep that up!
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @MrsRacooney I wouldn't exclude our gang at all! They are my prime suspects! Take Beau for instance. For all we know Daniel could be protecting Briar from him. I don't see those two siblings acting like brother and sister.
    Also someone here made a good observation about the victim resembling Briar. We can safely assume Briar was the actual target and the killer mixed those two girls up. Daniel is not the villain in my opinion. Somehow he knows she's in danger. And it's also the reason why he was so angry when she went to see her friends without telling him or whatever it was she was doing.

You raise a good point. Time to add these points to my D & K Murder Mystery Motive sheet. (Basically a wordpad document. :joy: )

I think this is the best idea yet! Write down every detail of any clues you might learn about. This might give you the murderer even before August finds out. (Which won't happen until he's well into his YA years, guys. >:) )

Keep up the discussion! I can't comment on it, but I can say this is already getting good on your part and I haven't even scratched the surface of all the clues I'm about to unload on you. :lol:

Thanks. :) Definitely adding those clues.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So after today's chapter here are all my thoughts. First I kinda knew August and Etoile wouldn't last but him literally begging for her, or should I say some bed time or wall time or closet time ect ect... really?! Love love love the way you wrote Kiera! She is adorable all squeaky and cheerful and pixie like~too cute! Too bad that August doesn't like her too much. Perhaps it's just the mood he's in, all sad and yearning after loves he can't have. I think he is a soft and kind man under it all as he has a Pomeranian and a Siamese cat. Most men would have a big dog and no cats. At least from my experience.
    When there was a scream I first thought Oh No Daniel had maybe hit Briar. But then remembered he was just playfully chasing her, so no that couldn't be it. Never thought there could have been a stabbing. Then I saw the body and thought Oh No it's Briar. Thanks goodness it wasn't her. I have no idea who it could have done it so won't even venture to guess. I do agree with @AudreyFld I think August will have nightmares about Briar because of this.

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    So after today's chapter here are all my thoughts. First I kinda knew August and Etoile wouldn't last but him literally begging for her, or should I say some bed time or wall time or closet time ect ect... really?! Love love love the way you wrote Kiera! She is adorable all squeaky and cheerful and pixie like~too cute! Too bad that August doesn't like her too much. Perhaps it's just the mood he's in, all sad and yearning after loves he can't have. I think he is a soft and kind man under it all as he has a Pomeranian and a Siamese cat. Most men would have a big dog and no cats. At least from my experience.
    When there was a scream I first thought Oh No Daniel had maybe hit Briar. But then remembered he was just playfully chasing her, so no that couldn't be it. Never thought there could have been a stabbing. Then I saw the body and thought Oh No it's Briar. Thanks goodness it wasn't her. I have no idea who it could have done it so won't even venture to guess. I do agree with @AudreyFld I think August will have nightmares about Briar because of this.

Can you blame poor August and his overactive libido? I blame it on his Pongan genes. It's all Seth's fault!

So glad you appreciated Kiera. I just saw her like this and unfortunately, under other circumstances, maybe August would have liked her, but he was too full of other girls to even think about another one at this stage. He's going to take a break (believe it or not) for a bit. I loved her squeaky voice, too. August does have a soft interior (look at how he cares about Beau and even Briar). His pet choices do say a lot. ;) We shall see what happens to August after this horrific event.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I am late to the party (or would it be the murder? :p ) and shocked :o
    Looking forward to the next chapters. I love a good mystery story :smiley:
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I am late to the party (or would it be the murder? :p ) and shocked :o
    Looking forward to the next chapters. I love a good mystery story :smiley:

You're never late until the mystery is solved! Ha!

Glad you like mysteries. B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

Good theory! Daniel knows something.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I agree with you here, I don't think Daniel is the villain, but I also don't think that it was supposed to be Briar, it was a warning, just not for August like others have suggested, that warning was for Daniel - Keep your girl close Daniel, because just like that *clicks fingers* and she'll be gone.

The similarities of the victim won't be lost on either August or Daniel, I wonder if they'll form an awkward "Super Team-up" to catch the killer! :D

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    edited October 2017

I agree with you here, I don't think Daniel is the villain, but I also don't think that it was supposed to be Briar, it was a warning, just not for August like others have suggested, that warning was for Daniel - Keep your girl close Daniel, because just like that *clicks fingers* and she'll be gone.

The similarities of the victim won't be lost on either August or Daniel, I wonder if they'll form an awkward "Super Team-up" to catch the killer! :D

You raise a great point that maybe it wasn't for August but he stumbled upon her anyway. I love the idea that it was intended for Daniel, adds to the mystery feel.

Wow. Very good sleuthing, Detective Bacon!

I really like how all of you are thinking on how things might work down the road.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

Another great, probably even more relevant, theory! The message was for Daniel.....
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    What if, instead of Daniel protecting Briar because she is with him...Briar is with him because he is the only one who can protect her? We know nothing about her and Beau's parents past and how it reflected on them. -pensive-
  • nbgangelovanbgangelova Posts: 194 Member
    My heart was about to fall out of my 🐸🐸🐸🐸-I thought Briat was dead! Then he said he didn't recognize her and on closer inspection it didn't even look like her. Relief! Okay, so murder one has happened. Anyone got any theories? So far it is way too opened ended for it to be anyone in particular, in my opinion. If they were in a closed-off area. that's easy. It would have to be someone in the group. But literally anyone could've gone to the park and did it. Can't wait for the next chapter!
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Let's be realistic - anyone can be murder who was in this park, exept August and Kiera. Maybe their friends, too. We don't know too much or better to say, we know nothing. So I think it's better to wait for the more chapters and then will try to guess ;)
    edited October 2017
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    What if, instead of Daniel protecting Briar because she is with him...Briar is with him because he is the only one who can protect her? We know nothing about her and Beau's parents past and how it reflected on them. -pensive-

Interesting concept...you will find out more about the Blackwell parents in later chapters (just like everyone else, pieces will come to you bit by bit.)
    My heart was about to fall out of my 🐸🐸🐸🐸-I thought Briat was dead! Then he said he didn't recognize her and on closer inspection it didn't even look like her. Relief! Okay, so murder one has happened. Anyone got any theories? So far it is way too opened ended for it to be anyone in particular, in my opinion. If they were in a closed-off area. that's easy. It would have to be someone in the group. But literally anyone could've gone to the park and did it. Can't wait for the next chapter!

So glad you were relieved about Briar. Yes, she does look like her from afar, doesn't she? >:) Lots of theories abound from Beau to Daniel to even August using a time machine (although, August would never murder anyone--at least right now. ;) ) It's true, it's not a sequestered scene, so anyone could be under suspicion. Right?
    Let's be realistic - anyone can be murder who was in this park, exept August and Kiera. Maybe their friends, too. We don't know too much or better to say, we know nothing. So I think it's better to wait for the more chapters and then will try to guess ;)

More clues would help, right? ;)
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Hey, hey! I'm getting this out early since I'm going out of town this weekend.

There will be no update on Monday. Maybe next Thursday. Sorry about that!

YoYLrtd.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • nbgangelovanbgangelova Posts: 194 Member
    I feel for August. Seeing a dead body (especially if it does violently) will stick with you for life. At least he's trying to get out that nervous energy by doing something productive, and investigating. But Ethan. Dude, are you serious? What he said about it not mattering because she was a stipper/🐸🐸🐸🐸 was sooooooo creepy. Maybe Ethan...?
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    That can't have been easy for August. Seeing something that bad really can torment a person, it's horrible. Ethan was being a little harsh about August trying to do something about what he saw. He doesn't seem to like people who choose that profession. Like Beau said, there is probably something behind it. That aside I am glad that August has Beau. He is trying to cheer up August it. I hope the torment of what he saw eases at some point.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Poor August :'( sounds like he's suffering from PTSD. And why is Ethan being such a muppet? Looking forward to finding out what his story is... And the connection of the dead girl and Etoile to Monte Vista... hmmm... red herring? :D Oh, and lovely to see Sith!
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I giggled that the name of the bar was The Popsicle Stick :D where the girl worked. Poor August and his bad dreams! :'( I really think Ethan is hiding something big from everyone! >:)
    I feel for August. Seeing a dead body (especially if it does violently) will stick with you for life. At least he's trying to get out that nervous energy by doing something productive, and investigating. But Ethan. Dude, are you serious? What he said about it not mattering because she was a stipper/plum was sooooooo creepy. Maybe Ethan...?

Yes, August is trying to work through this as best he can. He needs support! But Ethan has some skeletons in his closet. Wonder what Beau will find?
    That can't have been easy for August. Seeing something that bad really can torment a person, it's horrible. Ethan was being a little harsh about August trying to do something about what he saw. He doesn't seem to like people who choose that profession. Like Beau said, there is probably something behind it. That aside I am glad that August has Beau. He is trying to cheer up August it. I hope the torment of what he saw eases at some point.

Yes, Ethan is responding to something...but what? Maybe Beau will find out more. August has a true friend in Beau. :smile:
    Poor August :'( sounds like he's suffering from PTSD. And why is Ethan being such a muppet? Looking forward to finding out what his story is... And the connection of the dead girl and Etoile to Monte Vista... hmmm... red herring? :D Oh, and lovely to see Sith!

Yes, he's being haunted right now. Hopefully, it will ease up later.

Ethan--a muppet. That made me laugh! :joy: You will find out a little more about his behavior next chapter.

I was happy to show a bit of Sith. It's hard with this gen--there's not much focus on the family per se because of the serious themes. But I'll try to put them in when I can.

And you noticed the connection with Etoile. Hmm...red herrings? I've never heard of them.
    haswh wrote: »
    I giggled that the name of the bar was The Popsicle Stick :D where the girl worked. Poor August and his bad dreams! :'( I really think Ethan is hiding something big from everyone! >:)

LOL! You liked that name? Well, it's like the name of the lot I'm going to use for it. ;) Ha ha...

I think you might be right about Ethan. But what is he hiding???
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Loved this chapter, of course.
    Shouldn't August's parents be more worried? I mean a young woman was murdered and August was nearby with his friends. They seemed to have taken the news the same way as one would take the weather forecast.
    I sympathize with August and his need to find answers.
    Ethan's reaction may have been insensitive but it speaks volumes. We have never seen him upset. My guess would be he's scared. He was trying to not to think about it and August kept bringing the case up. This was probably the most intriguing line of the chapter: "How do you know someone didn't save someone else by killing her?" It's not something a regular person would say unless they knew the victim somehow. If he just hated all w****s he would say: "How do you know she didn't deserve it?" But the bit about saving someone else suggests he or his family is involved.
    Hmmm, Any connection between Etoile and the victim? Insufficent clues for further speculation.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Shouldn't August's parents be more worried? I mean a young woman was murdered and August was nearby with his friends. They seemed to have taken the news the same way as one would take the weather forecast.
    Ethan's reaction may have been insensitive but it speaks volumes. We have never seen him upset. My guess would be he's scared. He was trying to not to think about it and August kept bringing the case up. This was probably the most intriguing line of the chapter: "How do you know someone didn't save someone else by killing her?" It's not something a regular person would say unless they knew the victim somehow. If he just hated all w****s he would say: "How do you know she didn't deserve it?" But the bit about saving someone else suggests he or his family is involved.
    Hmmm, Any connection between Etoile and the victim? Insufficent clues for further speculation.

I was thinking it was someone related to Ethan who did something bad or he's more deeply involved in this than we first thought. Or he's the murderer because she was going to murder someone else. August possibly?
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited October 2017

I was thinking it was someone related to Ethan who did something bad or he's more deeply involved in this than we first thought. Or he's the murderer because she was going to murder someone else. August possibly?

I don't think Ethan cares about his friends that much to commit a murder. :) I have an idea who Ethan may fear for, considering the victim's profession, but I'm sure there's much more in play. I'm happy Pammie keeps up this level of suspense, I'm enjoying it very much.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Eeps! :scream::scream: August nearly gave me a giant scare when he said that it was Briar who is murdered. Thank god it was a dream. August, don't scare us like that ever again!!!!!! I feel for him. Seeing dead bodies can be stuck with you forever. *rushes to set countdown to the day we find out who the murderer is*

Ah, Detective August in action, finding out the history of the murder victim. Like Beau said, give it a rest. In addition to that, I would add, "Let the police handle this. Go and play some video games with your buds to get your mind off this beauty." As always, love seeing my favorite dynamic duo. I'm so fortunate that August has Beau to cheer him up and give him some encouragement. All eyes on Ethan as it appears he's hiding something major! *writes Ethan's name on the list of possible murderer suspects*
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)

Yeah, they were worried (I had a whole section to show it) but I didn't have the proper poses, and I really HATE the boo face poses EA has for the worried look. Makes my blood curdle, stomach hurl, etc, so I just skipped that part. I REALLY need to get into pose making. Suffice it to say, they were upset but they didn't know that August found the body. He's trying to handle this on his own. He's very independent of them.

You're always good at analyzing (plus you know something most readers don't.) But I think you'll be surprised by what's going on with him (maybe?)

So glad you're enjoying this! >:)

Good thoughts. Lots of possibilities atm. All we know now is that the murder or the talk of it is upsetting Ethan.
    Eeps! :scream::scream: August nearly gave me a giant scare when he said that it was Briar who is murdered. Thank god it was a dream. August, don't scare us like that ever again!!!!!! I feel for him. Seeing dead bodies can be stuck with you forever. *rushes to set countdown to the day we find out who the murderer is*

Ah, Detective August in action, finding out the history of the murder victim. Like Beau said, give it a rest. In addition to that, I would add, "Let the police handle this. Go and play some video games with your buds to get your mind off this beauty." As always, love seeing my favorite dynamic duo. I'm so fortunate that August has Beau to cheer him up and give him some encouragement. All eyes on Ethan as it appears he's hiding something major! *writes Ethan's name on the list of possible murderer suspects*

Lol! Yes, it's Detective August on the case. His adult self would bristle at how archaic his sleuthing skills are now. Ha ha...

So sorry you thought he was reliving the scene and that he thought it was Briar. I probably should have made the pictures a bit hazy but I didn't want to because to August, the blood is vivid and his pain and fear in the dream seems real.

Is the dynamic duo August and Beau or Sith? ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg