Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Expansion Pack

Does anyone know, this is more for EA but everyone feel free to comment on these ideas, if and when there will be a Seasons Expansion Pack or at least be a game pack? I loved the Seasons idea since they started it in Sims 2. I didn't really get to play Sims 3 much but they had seasons but I never got to use that Expansion Pack. I think seasons makes the game feel more like real life. I read a few posts where people would like to see disasters and I think that's a great idea. I think it should affect the house, the Sims and the world that we are currently playing in because in real life we can't control what happens with the weather. I hope EA will take some of my ideas and put them into play for an awesome experience with Seasons.

I think the best way to go about this is to add options to either turn on/off seasons and disasters, if Sims could die from a disaster, if the house will be damaged, and so on. This way if someone wants a more realistic game play or if they want to keep their Sims safe, they have the options at their fingertips. I think the disasters should play out in random, but also depending on the season since some disasters only happen during that season and geographical area (IE hurricanes in summer/fall and only in coastal areas). In Sims 2, we had the option to set the kind of seasons we want to see in our game play and that should stay since some people may want to have the same seasons in their game as their area. I am from PA, so I would want to see all four seasons, but someone living in Texas may want their Sims to experience winter. We should also have a little more freedom on the number of disasters, what happens during that seasons and maybe even how bad it will affect the world. (IE winter: blizzard, ice storm, cold temperatures, etc). The seasons pack has to match all the worlds, so if it's Summer in the world I'm playing it's summer in the world I visit. I know in Sims 2, that did happen but it wasn't always seamless.

So some season and disaster ideas are as follows: Remember, some of these would only happen if you wanted them in your game play.
Summer could be heat waves, floods, storms, beautiful days, cloudy days, rainy days, tornadoes, earthquakes, fluctuating temperatures, hazy days, humid days, mild or hot summers, hurricanes.

Fall would have a few of the same weather and disasters as summer but with different temperatures and the possibility of snow, (hey in PA it snowed on Halloween 2011). Fall is a pretty mild season but some things can happen.

Winter: Blizzards, ice storms, pipes freezing, snow days from school (not weather but it can happen), small snow storms. Earthquakes (depends if you select it), freezing temperatures, etc.

Spring: It's a pretty calm seasons at least in PA, well for a few years we have missed this season, but it would just be cool mornings, nice afternoons, cool evenings. Rain, cloudy, overcast.

Again, all this would depend on what you select since you would have so many options to choose from for your seasons, weather, disasters, and what happens to the world, house, and your Sims. I hope EA sees this because I think it would be pretty cool. I'm sure there is a lot of coding that goes into this but it would really keep me interested in playing Sims 4 a little bit more. If it's going to be too far off I may have to move to Sims 3 until Seasons is added, then I'll be back Sims 4. :smile:

What does everyone think?

Comments

• MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    Most certainly if they will manage to add all of this, it will keep me playing for a while because of the many possibilities and the activities you can do. Etc.. play in the snow.. snowball fight and so on. I love the idea of disasters.. that would be awesome! It would add so much excitement. I loved Sims 3 Seasons.. it's where everything came to life for me. And the festivals were awesome too! If they could implement this into the game, that'd be truly amazing. I really hope they do some work on it.. :)
  • MaddHatter198213MaddHatter198213 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, me too because I am finding a lot of things missing out of this game. I truly wish they would go back to the Sims 2 method when it came to the Sims being Sims. I think that was the only version where they acted like people. These new games the people seem to get less realistic and more simple. I love the building mode has gotten better but the Sims have no memories, no sense of family and relationships. I don't mind complex as long as the game seems real. I remember when couples would snuggle together when they sleep and the kids would sleep like human kids, that was Sims 2 and 3. I'm not sure what's going on with Sims 4 but I might have to move back to Sims 3 and try that one over again and buy all the expansion packs from them and then if and when Sims 4 becomes more like Sims 2 and 3 again, I'll come back. Even though we don't have the seamless neighborhood, I do like how the time is the time no matter where you go in any of the worlds. That was my only grip with Sims 2. I know this has nothing to do with Seasons but I felt this added a few things. They keep making the game too easier. Sims 2 sims were needy and left messes but I felt they acted more like people. Anyone can add their thoughts to Seasons or this comment as well.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited August 2016
    Seasons could come with a Vacation Expansion but at anyrate I hope when we get Seasons we get the rare thundersnow event and we can make thundersnows with the weather machine. A snowstorm with thunder and lightning in TS4 would be awesome. They occur in real life.
  • MaddHatter198213MaddHatter198213 Posts: 4 New Member
    That is very true, they do occur in real life.
  • WhilteringAwayWhilteringAway Posts: 39 Member
    I really want them to come out with a season expansion sooooo bad. Would make the game that much better.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I'm ready for whatever they come out with.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    I really want them to come out with a season expansion sooooo bad. Would make the game that much better.

I agree but I think we need more vacation destinations as well.
  • zkettellzkettell Posts: 33 Member
    Really good idea but if you don't mind I would like to add a little bit more

My main idea is a climate setting because In the sims 3 seasons I had loved extending the seasons to 28 days each but I started a game in Isla Paradiso and seeing snow there bugs me because its a tropical setting but I don't want to disable a season all together just to avoid snow and frigid temperatures, instead I would love to see an option that allows us to adjust the average temperature of that season, the average amount of precipitation, a type of a common to rare scale for types of precipitation for that season (snow, hail, rain, sleet), and for the natural disasters a common to rare scale because in some people (like me) have preferences of where their sims live like for my sims world I envision California where earthquakes are common, blizzards are rare, heavy precipitation is rare, and hurricanes aren't rare and aren't common while others may envision Ohio where hurricanes are rare, earthquakes are rare, and heavy precipitation is common!

Thanks, once again love the idea I hope they include it (If they ever release one)