Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS - Can't modify anything

I just bought The Sims 4 from amazon, and I redeemed the code to Origin. Downloaded it, installed it, enjoyed the loading screen. Then came the create-a-sim. I'm having a problem where I can't modify anything but the head, for example if I select an eye to modify it's color or positioning it doesn't work - it just shows a camera-steering symbol on the cursor.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    KATheSimKATheSim Posts: 4 New Member
    KATheSim wrote: »
    I just bought The Sims 4 from amazon, and I redeemed the code to Origin. Downloaded it, installed it, enjoyed the loading screen. Then came the create-a-sim. I'm having a problem where I can't modify anything but the head, for example if I select an eye to modify it's color or positioning it doesn't work - it just shows a camera-steering symbol on the cursor.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

UPDATE: I also cannot interact with other sims.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    To the left of your sims head do you see a small magnifying glass? It should say Detail Edit Mode next to it. As long as you are in this mode you should be able to click anywhere on your Sim's face and see an option box to the right. If it says Exit Detail Edit Mode then you are only allowed to push and pull at the face to change it. It is very easy to accidentally switch modes, you only need to double click on your Sim's face.

If that doesn't work let us know!

Where are you trying to interact with other Sims? Can you please provide more details?
  • Options
    Phoenix_RainxPhoenix_Rainx Posts: 677 Member
    Try reinstalling it
    tumblr_inline_nhvx4yvpMj1t79ug6.gif
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    To the left of your sims head do you see a small magnifying glass? It should say Detail Edit Mode next to it. As long as you are in this mode you should be able to click anywhere on your Sim's face and see an option box to the right. If it says Exit Detail Edit Mode then you are only allowed to push and pull at the face to change it. It is very easy to accidentally switch modes, you only need to double click on your Sim's face.

If that doesn't work let us know!

Where are you trying to interact with other Sims? Can you please provide more details?
    Try reinstalling it

Detail mode didn't work either.

Took me a few hours, but I finally fixed it. All I had to do was update my Macbook to the latest software update. Thanks!
  • Options
    By the way, is there a way for TS4 to stop draining my laptop too fast? Like set the graphics to low or something? The fan is loud!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Yes, you have to run the game in the lowest setting possible. If the fan is running too loud and fast, that means your laptop isn't cooling itself fast enough. Make sure you have it elevated when you play (no placing on a pillow and playing in bed) and think about possibly investing in a cooling mat.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.