Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dizzi-Lizie's Orphan Challenge

Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
Link here to the Challenge and its Creator - > CLICK HERE

Hi I am attempting the "easy" version of the above challenge, I am no story writer, except in my head, but I wanted to share how this challenge is playing out for me :)
I hope you take a peek, and give the challenge a go to, please add a link to your story here so I can pop over to your thread x

Robyn Sykes was married he had 2 gorgeous children, sadly his wife passed away when their Son was a baby, they lived in Windenburg then,
Robyn was a bit eccentric, in fact some said he was insane, it was during a manic phase his heart stopped and despite the doctors best efforts
he died, Leaving his Daughter Jenna to care for her young brother Ben, now Jenna was smart, and she knew that if they stayed in Windenburg, people would interfere and they would end up in care, they had lived in a rented house and so it was easy to pack up the home, and move out of town.

Jenna found a nice wooded Lot to rent in Willow Creek, the guy who owned it said they could live rent free,
so long as they payed their utilities and kept it looking smart, he was a man who asked no questions,
and so Jenna & Ben pitched a tent in the middle of the lot, put their belongings inside and set about starting again, Alone :(
Jenna was determined that She & Ben should carry on going to school, she moved them to Willow School and told the Headmaster her dad was ill in hospital and that he would sign the papers once he was out, of course, only that was a lie the 1st of many Jenna had to tell to keep Ben Safe and them out of care.

Each Day Ben & Jenna would nip over to the local grill, cook up some fruit & use the facilities nearby, after School she would take them to the local Gym for a shower, sometimes they were lucky and found food freshly cooked on the neighbourhood grill, while Jenna foraged for things to grow and sell, Ben would do his homework, the weekends were easier, they traveled to the park the town center, all the time Jenna Foraged, while Ben played or practiced a new skill or hobby, no one knew these two were working so hard just to stay together.

I rolled the traits for Ben, he is a Whizz kid & Glutton!
Jenna wants to be a Master chef, she is Athletic & Cheerful

28295414334_b5c33d1155_c.jpg

28807918412_98b25aa181_c.jpg

28807929802_f75bdbf0f5_c.jpg

28297711153_67675f5f4f_c.jpg

28837434891_5283df110b_c.jpg

PART 2 -> Click Here

PART3 -> [url=http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15106434/#Comment_15106434[/url]
Check out My showcase thread
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
or look for me in the Gallery
aka DizziSquirrel

Post edited by Liziann1 on

Comments

• Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Jenna is so pretty! I really love that Dine Out hair.

Also, that shot with her fishing is really beautiful. Sometimes I forget how lovely Willow Creek really is.
  • Options
    thank you @JoieWilder
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    1st Roll for Ben . . .. Aspiration: Grilled Cheese
    Traits: Glutton, Dance Machine

2nd Roll for Ben Aspiration: Friend of the World
    Traits: Glutton, Slob
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    1st Roll for Ben . . .. Aspiration: Grilled Cheese
    Traits: Glutton, Dance Machine

2nd Roll for Ben Aspiration: Friend of the World
    Traits: Glutton, Slob

I always do two rolls, too. :D That's a hard combo!
  • Options
    I couldn't do the cheese aspiration 1) I've never done it before so had to google it and
    2) because he'd not eaten 3 grilled cheeses to unlock the aspiration lol!

So I've gone with the second roll! Friend of the world & slob neither of which I normally choose for my sims,
    so looking forward to seeing Ben's Character develop

aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Ben & Jenna settled into their new life, and soon Ben's grades picked up, and he started making friends, of course some days he was sad, he missed his parents and his old life.
    days turned into weeks, and soon Jenna was able to buy a grill of her own, she had discovered a love of cooking and couldn't wait to get a kitchen of her own, how she missed her papa's homemade pizza.
    Ben was desperate for friends to play with, and one day they jumped off the school bus with him, jenna was worried, very worried, they never invited people to their lot, so she quickly met them and took them over the local park, they even did their homework, it was a great afternoon/evening.
    All to soon, both Jenna & Ben aged up, Jenna asked mike ( the Landowner) if they could build on the lot, having given him no trouble, he agreed, if they funded it themselves, he also agreed that they could use the trees on the land so long as they left the big tree at the front of the lot.

Jenna also knew now she wasn't at school she could get a job, life was improving, trouble was Ben's mood was not he was not an easy teenager

28352820754_9bbbb9f890_c.jpg

28971970115_be08b2969c_c.jpg

28352824764_a1a01ab1e6_c.jpg

28686146780_ca0c1d0e21_c.jpg

28867153242_37a49d8149_c.jpg

28972010835_d1944f0437_c.jpg

aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Link here to the Challenge and its Creator - > CLICK HERE

Hi I am attempting the "easy" version of the above challenge, I am no story writer, except in my head, but I wanted to share how this challenge is playing out for me :)
    I hope you take a peek, and give the challenge a go to, please add a link to your story here so I can pop over to your thread x

Robyn Sykes was married he had 2 gorgeous children, sadly his wife passed away when their Son was a baby, they lived in Windenburg then,
    Robyn was a bit eccentric, in fact some said he was insane, it was during a manic phase his heart stopped and despite the doctors best efforts
    he died, Leaving his Daughter Jenna to care for her young brother Ben, now Jenna was smart, and she knew that if they stayed in Windenburg, people would interfere and they would end up in care, they had lived in a rented house and so it was easy to pack up the home, and move out of town.

Jenna found a nice wooded Lot to rent in Willow Creek, the guy who owned it said they could live rent free,
    so long as they payed their utilities and kept it looking smart, he was a man who asked no questions,
    and so Jenna & Ben pitched a tent in the middle of the lot, put their belongings inside and set about starting again, Alone :(
    Jenna was determined that She & Ben should carry on going to school, she moved them to Willow School and told the Headmaster her dad was ill in hospital and that he would sign the papers once he was out, of course, only that was a lie the 1st of many Jenna had to tell to keep Ben Safe and them out of care.

Each Day Ben & Jenna would plum over to the local grill, cook up some fruit & use the facilities nearby, after School she would take them to the local Gym for a shower, sometimes they were lucky and found food freshly cooked on the neighbourhood grill, while Jenna foraged for things to grow and sell, Ben would do his homework, the weekends were easier, they traveled to the park the town center, all the time Jenna Foraged, while Ben played or practiced a new skill or hobby, no one knew these two were working so hard just to stay together.

I rolled the traits for Ben, he is a Whizz kid & Glutton!
    Jenna wants to be a Master chef, she is Athletic & Cheerful

28295414334_b5c33d1155_c.jpg

28807918412_98b25aa181_c.jpg

28807929802_f75bdbf0f5_c.jpg

28297711153_67675f5f4f_c.jpg

28837434891_5283df110b_c.jpg

PART 2 -> Click Here

Number three picture is the saddest one I ever saw in The sims 4. Oh my, it brought tears to my eyes. I have built and started an orphanage in the game myself. With two adults, one child of their own and 5 foster children, it's a big challenge.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Simsister2004 thank you hun, I've tried a few orphanages / foster children 1 adult scenarios but this was / is quite tough!
    both Jenna and ben are YA and I dont have funds to build them a bedroom let alone a home!
    I am considering one of them having a child so a future generation may get a home lol
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Part 3
    While Jenna worked mostly night shifts at the kitchen, Ben would meet up with friends and hang about the neighbourhood,
    coming in just before Jenna so she wouldn't know, this went on for a few weeks, however Ben's grades began to slip, and so she was called to the head teacher's office, to discuss the reasons, as jenna was now a YA, she told them their Dad had died, and she though Ben was handling it, but perhaps he wasn't.
    when she got home, she called Ben over and they had an almighty row, things were pretty tense between them, as luck had it Jenna had a couple of days off, so she took Ben with her to the local gym, so that he may take out his frustrations on a punch bag!
    however the very next night Jenna worked, Ben snuck out and met with friends, however he did his homework 1st and he even did the extra credit work over the weekends, Jenna's Plants were thriving, and soon she hoped to have many varieties to cook more meals on the grill with, she had also started yoga and could do basic repairs on their bathroom, Jenna was tired, Ben was a slob, he never cleared up, he never helped with gardening or repairs, Jenna was praying for the day he became a YA, and would get a job, maybe maybe they could afford a trailer . . .

28874353162_4defc5d953_c.jpg

28946950896_3f34221e4a_c.jpg

28693313720_6437440902_c.jpg

28902987401_546dcd2f81_c.jpg

28362634323_e3daee0c5b_c.jpg

28947004346_7a351653b6_c.jpg

28362660613_0ebfdc7fae_c.jpg

aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    @Simsister2004 thank you hun, I've tried a few orphanages / foster children 1 adult scenarios but this was / is quite tough!
    both Jenna and ben are YA and I dont have funds to build them a bedroom let alone a home!
    I am considering one of them having a child so a future generation may get a home lol

Oh goodness, no shelter even when Ben is a YA??? I'm really curious, how? Everytime I've played, I've been able to build a pretty good shelter even before my teen hit YA.
  • Options
    Ive no idea lol I probably choose the slowest way to earn money . ..
    they do have a home now, it even has flooring wallpaper and a light in each room

Update later x
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Ive been on holiday, so will catch up a chapter as soon as I have chance to play!
    aka DizziSquirrel