Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 survival ep

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
your sims is alone not a plumb bob to be seen survive for three days watch out for wild animals find drinking water
find food go hunting or fishing if you can make a poll or trap look for berries make a radio and call for help
do what ever it takes to survive
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd like something along the lines of Castaway, I enjoyed that game.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I second that. I always wished to be able to play Sims Castaway. We could vote for a The Sims 4 Castaway ep?
  • LuciferMongooseLuciferMongoose Posts: 123 Member
    I'd be all for this, so long as it's not as scripted as Castaways was. The main character had a certain personality, leaving any hope of character personality customization out the window. That, IMO, kind of defeated the purpose of the Sims and made the game not enjoyable at all.
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    I would love a sims survival game, but I'm not sure it would work that well as an EP; it really needs to be it's own separate game. The only way I'd be ok with it being an EP is if they disable the sim's phone, like greyed it out or something so that it's not usable. But it would still be kinda weird to specifically send your sim to be stranded for a few days and then come back to the normal world...might as well just go camping. I would really love to see this as a spin-off game so they can have the idea fully fleshed out. I loved castaway, but I hated the storyline part that was forced on you. Once you completed it, you could create a family and live in the world, but the gameplay felt stunted.

My idea of a great sims survival game would be:

Have it connected to ts4 like how castaway was with ts2 (use the same cas, build/buy mode model, textures, and same basic engine so that cc/mods were easily transferable).

Have several different environment types to try to survive in (desert, tropics, forest, snowy mountains)

Have it be a sandbox game like the sims is supposed to be. Maybe have quests if they want to get specific items or extra supplies or something, but not have them be integral to gameplay, just extra things if you feel like doing it.

Have an in-depth crafting system, because your sim has to create everything from scratch. Also have the object design aesthetic match the environment they're in.

Have a full weather/seasons system that reflects the environment that you're in (extreme heat/flash floods in the desert, extreme cold/blizzards in the mountains, varying temps/rain/snow in the mountains, heat/humidity/monsoons in the tropics)

Not have obligatory hostile mobs that attack you for no reason. Wild animals that attack you if you get too close to them or their territory is fine, but not ones that just randomly attack you for no reason. I hate games like that. I play Don't Starve, which is a really fun game, but I hate having to deal with the dogs that come to attack you every 10 days or so just to keep you on your toes, because it's really annoying. I think that the whole survival aspect should be about surviving the elements, trying not to starve, trying not to get sick, trying to stay sane while being alone. Maybe have bugs you have to deal with, like mosquitoes that can make you sick or ants/flies that can ruin your food, etc.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it could be anywhere in the world
    edited August 2016
    weird to specifically send your sim to be stranded for a few days and then come back to the normal world.. it could be cool to have it as a place where your sim could stay if they do well enough and also not die and no matter what survival game, you play when you start the person is stranded
    so it might as well be a sim that you really like that you want to see make an escape or make a new home
  • simplysarahrosesimplysarahrose Posts: 66 Member
    I really loved Castaway and I kind've liked that it was scripted. I'd love to see an updated version of "The Sims Stories" I liked the idea of having a "Choose Your Own Adventure" version or a guided version of the Sims. I wish there was a way to access these games again.
    I still think this would be a great idea most of us have probably done a rags to riches or a homeless challenge thing where your sims has to make though hard times I think it would make a fun ep to start out with nothing and build a home
    edited October 2017
    I'd like something along the lines of Castaway, I enjoyed that game.

me to @Cinderellimouse
    I'd be all for this, so long as it's not as scripted as Castaways was. The main character had a certain personality, leaving any hope of character personality customization out the window. That, IMO, kind of defeated the purpose of the Sims and made the game not enjoyable at all.

I wouldn't want it scripted ether I would rather it had random events that could happen for you or your sim to deal with as you play
    also I would like a crafting system where your sims could make a bed or fire or bandage if they get hurt @LuciferMongoose
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Oh I'd love a sims survival post apocalyptic type EP or a game if it's own :).That would be so cool!!