Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theory on The Sims 4 Seasons

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I can see Seasons coming at the beginning of next year.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think seasons will happen too because when I was playing it last night all of a sudden there was a loud noise like thunder and the whole screen shook like it used to on sims 3 when there was a thunderstorm, I actually thought it was an earthquake...and when it happened some of my sims were sleeping but they woke right up after...another one of my sims was taking a shower and when he got out I notice something on his actions so I hoovered over it and it said "What was that?" Has this happened in anyone else's game?

It was an earthquake -City Living gave us a lot trait that can have the sims experience an earthquake. There is even some you tube videos that shows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBX825LwP0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1EWQSPXoQY

Sims 3 also had earthquakes Ambitions pack. But the only time I experience one in my game was when I had a Sim have the fireman career.

But in Sims 4 all you need is have a lot trait for one on the lot your Sims live on. They do not come with weather or Seasons in any Sims game though as weather does not cause them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AshleyBooAAJ06AshleyBooAAJ06 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > AshleyBooAAJ06 wrote: »
    >
    > I think seasons will happen too because when I was playing it last night all of a sudden there was a loud noise like thunder and the whole screen shook like it used to on sims 3 when there was a thunderstorm, I actually thought it was an earthquake...and when it happened some of my sims were sleeping but they woke right up after...another one of my sims was taking a shower and when he got out I notice something on his actions so I hoovered over it and it said "What was that?" Has this happened in anyone else's game?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It was an earthquake -City Living gave us a lot trait that can have the sims experience an earthquake. There is even some you tube videos that shows it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sims 3 also had earthquakes Ambitions pack. But the only time I experience one in my game was when I had a Sim have the fireman career.
    >
    > But in Sims 4 all you need is have a lot trait for one on the lot your Sims live on. They do not come with weather or Seasons in any Sims game though as weather does not cause them.

Oh wow thank you I had no idea! That explains why one of my sims being tense the next day all day...
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Josabell wrote: »
    I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else, but I just had a thought.
    I know a lot of people want Seasons to be an expansion pack for Sims 4 as it was with Sims 3 (myself included). However, I'm not sure if that's going to happen. First off, recently some people have been saying that Gurus have said that we should be expecting "new" ideas with packs. I'm not sure how valid that is though. It could be plausible that the stuff packs have replaced seasons in a sense. What I mean is that we got a free holiday pack with winter holiday themed clothing and items. We have a Spooky Stuff pack and now a Backyard Stuff pack which has a lovely summer vibe to it. I have a feeling that EA might feel that is enough variety of "seasons."

I could be totally wrong, and this is just speculation. Feel free to comment if you have ideas why my theory might be wrong or possibly correct.
    Thanks (:

We've seen new ideas in GPs and SPs, and in some of the EPs. Instead of shoehorning vampires into a city-themed EP, we got them in their own GP and they're probably the best vampires we've ever had in the Sims. We could potentially see a new take on the theme. For example, we've already got different climate structures in the game, from the desert in Oasis Springs to more of a southern flavor in Willow Creek, with Newcrest somewhere in the middle. What if you had snow in Windenburg, then you travel to Willow Creek and it's rainy, then it's dry in Oasis Springs, all in the same day at the same general time? So if you really like snowy winter weather you might lean towards moving your Sim to Windenburg, while if you have a Sim that hates wet and cold weather they might prefer Oasis Springs where it rarely snows and when it rains it might not be quite as cold. Maybe plants will actually be on a seasonal basis instead of growing the same all year round, and we can have greenhouses for year-round growing. Since we can already grow plants indoors in pots, it would maybe be a matter of creating glass walls and roofs, maybe add a sprinkler system. There are a lot of different directions they can go with Seasons, still giving us the key factor of changing weather patterns, and the packs we've got now like Backyard Stuff and Spooky Stuff and the free holiday packs can enhance that experience, and since we've got those items in packs that leaves space in a possible Seasons EP for new ideas and items. I mean, we'll finally have actual use for those ugly Christmas sweaters. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Josabell wrote: »
    I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else, but I just had a thought.
    I know a lot of people want Seasons to be an expansion pack for Sims 4 as it was with Sims 3 (myself included). However, I'm not sure if that's going to happen. First off, recently some people have been saying that Gurus have said that we should be expecting "new" ideas with packs. I'm not sure how valid that is though. It could be plausible that the stuff packs have replaced seasons in a sense. What I mean is that we got a free holiday pack with winter holiday themed clothing and items. We have a Spooky Stuff pack and now a Backyard Stuff pack which has a lovely summer vibe to it. I have a feeling that EA might feel that is enough variety of "seasons."

I could be totally wrong, and this is just speculation. Feel free to comment if you have ideas why my theory might be wrong or possibly correct.
    Thanks (:

kind of ironic how a lot of the "new ideas" are things we have seen before.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    > @brendhan21 said:
    > Josabell wrote: »
    >
    > I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else, but I just had a thought.
    > I know a lot of people want Seasons to be an expansion pack for Sims 4 as it was with Sims 3 (myself included). However, I'm not sure if that's going to happen. First off, recently some people have been saying that Gurus have said that we should be expecting "new" ideas with packs. I'm not sure how valid that is though. It could be plausible that the stuff packs have replaced seasons in a sense. What I mean is that we got a free holiday pack with winter holiday themed clothing and items. We have a Spooky Stuff pack and now a Backyard Stuff pack which has a lovely summer vibe to it. I have a feeling that EA might feel that is enough variety of "seasons."
    >
    > I could be totally wrong, and this is just speculation. Feel free to comment if you have ideas why my theory might be wrong or possibly correct.
    > Thanks (:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > kind of ironic how a lot of the "new ideas" are things we have seen before.

Kind of hard to do new things when they were reaching so badly last series they did time travel lmao Its really just finding way better ways to do things they've already done at this point. Frankly had they not gone to game packs to better flesh out some themes we'd probably be seeing the same expansions over again. Thats part of why I think they are also going to break tradition again and make Sims 4 go on longer than it has previously because people are starting to feel like they're paying money over and over and over again for essentially the same thing and they won't want to have to do it again with Sims 5.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I tried the earthquake lot trait got tired of waiting and removed it to change to something else. Wow in that first video the Sim didn't even stop painting..lame. I think if the whole block was shaking I would run for cover. Totally lame.

This thread is over a year old but anyway, I have two theories about 'Seasons' it's either going to be extreme weahter (like the earthquake lot trait) and instead of rain it's hurricane etc. with things like bad buffs or happy buffs, and or vacation spots. Why I believe this is because they said to even swim in a place like the ocean (summer time) in WB they would have to create totally new terrain all other games were already built with swimming in mind for later...like roads...that tells me it would be way too much trouble to build new terrains for exsiting worlds so they could be covered with rain, able to swim and or snow activities etc. This means it would be less complicated to do this in new worlds/ spots where they could just build terrain from scratch without having to go to all the trouble to do this in existing worlds. Hello, The Sims Vacations.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    @Cinebar I've never used it because the concept of just one apartment experiencing an earthquake bugs me hahahahahaha its so unrealistic.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited June 2017
    I hope we get more intense weather, like super strong high winds and rain blowing across the roof tops in wind. Basically rain moves with the wind and doesn't falls straight down, same with snow. Also howling noises from inside the house so if there is high wind you hear it due to drafty winds or something.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think the real reason we're not going to see stuff like Seasons or Generations (no toddlers) is that the game engine is extremely limited and they CAN'T do those without redoing the entire game. How would seasons work with the set backgrounds? They'd have to do a custom background for each world and each season. While this is possible, it seems like too much work for them to bother with. I also doubt pets will be released, ever. Pets would require new animations and ways to multitask. If they did Pets but not toddlers, that would create a firestorm of controversy on the forum and elsewhere. So they'd have to do toddlers if they are going to do pets, and they aren't going to do toddlers because of the difficulty of programming carryable toddlers while multitasking, which is why babies are restricted to the crib as objects in the first place. This indeed is a new type of Sims game, it is very very limited as to what can and can't be done.

There are modders who have changed those backgrounds so the developers themselves could easily do that. I definitely think we'll see a full-blown seasons pack down the road! My only wish is that it won't CONSTANTLY rain! I recently played Sims 3 again and it seemed to rain every other day!
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    I'm sure they will add season if they can. I'm not sure if they can.
    Seeing how the Sims 4 World is created, there are a lot of backdrops that would have to be recreated and the active areas will be difficult to give a distinct look for every season as they went for pretty low res textures for the whole game style which holds the risk that it will look like someone threw a can of white paint over everything winter. I fear that if we get seasons there wont be changing seasons in the world but an single neighborhood where its always winter and thats it.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    We can have the world add on packs, they can charge for them. Simmers can buy, winter world, autum/fall/ beach world for summer. This is a good way because we can only buy what world we want.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Yeah have fun in your winterworld with 3 houses for 30 bucks.
  • Options
    > @Nelus said:
    > Yeah have fun in your winterworld with 3 houses for 30 bucks.

you would buy one as well. I think winter world is on the way lol.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    > @Cinebar said:
    > I tried the earthquake lot trait got tired of waiting and removed it to change to something else. Wow in that first video the Sim didn't even stop painting..lame. I think if the whole block was shaking I would run for cover. Totally lame.
    >
    > This thread is over a year old but anyway, I have two theories about 'Seasons' it's either going to be extreme weahter (like the earthquake lot trait) and instead of rain it's hurricane etc. with things like bad buffs or happy buffs, and or vacation spots. Why I believe this is because they said to even swim in a place like the ocean (summer time) in WB they would have to create totally new terrain all other games were already built with swimming in mind for later...like roads...that tells me it would be way too much trouble to build new terrains for exsiting worlds so they could be covered with rain, able to swim and or snow activities etc. This means it would be less complicated to do this in new worlds/ spots where they could just build terrain from scratch without having to go to all the trouble to do this in existing worlds. Hello, The Sims Vacations.

Oh yes The Sims Vacations: :) I loved them and we could also build on the lots.
    Why would they not give us vacations. We work hard. with our toddlers as well please they are part of the family we do not leave our babies behind. lol
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited June 2017
    I hope we get more intense weather, like super strong high winds and rain blowing across the roof tops in wind. Basically rain moves with the wind and doesn't falls straight down, same with snow. Also howling noises from inside the house so if there is high wind you hear it due to drafty winds or something.

That would be cool if they could manage to pull that off, however just regular rain, thunderstorm, snow, snowstorm, fall with leaves falling, summer etc is enough to make the game feel totally different. It's the small things subtle things I missed, sitting by the window writing a book while it's snowing, slow dancing in the rain, kids playing in leaves, all those things added so much depth to the game. I hope they don't make us wait years for it.
  • Options
    fineappleladyfineapplelady Posts: 2 New Member
    > @azxcvbnm321 said:
    > I think the real reason we're not going to see stuff like Seasons or Generations (no toddlers) is that the game engine is extremely limited and they CAN'T do those without redoing the entire game. How would seasons work with the set backgrounds? They'd have to do a custom background for each world and each season. While this is possible, it seems like too much work for them to bother with. I also doubt pets will be released, ever. Pets would require new animations and ways to multitask. If they did Pets but not toddlers, that would create a firestorm of controversy on the forum and elsewhere. So they'd have to do toddlers if they are going to do pets, and they aren't going to do toddlers because of the difficulty of programming carryable toddlers while multitasking, which is why babies are restricted to the crib as objects in the first place. This indeed is a new type of Sims game, it is very very limited as to what can and can't be done.

They did add toddlers, and "pets" (Cats & Dogs expansion) is being released in November. It's already on the EA website. EA has many animators and they can work on multiple things at once, and they won't stop in any area that could make them money, regardless of the workload given to animators, writers, etc. I believe that seasons will come with a game update though, because it'd increase popularity of the game and would sell more, or at the very least come in an expansion. After all, they did come through with the others. (I apologize because you didn't know that these would be added to the game at the time, but never underestimate EA)
  • Options
    haleybob729haleybob729 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Josabell said:
    > I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else, but I just had a thought.
    > I know a lot of people want Seasons to be an expansion pack for Sims 4 as it was with Sims 3 (myself included). However, I'm not sure if that's going to happen. First off, recently some people have been saying that Gurus have said that we should be expecting "new" ideas with packs. I'm not sure how valid that is though. It could be plausible that the stuff packs have replaced seasons in a sense. What I mean is that we got a free holiday pack with winter holiday themed clothing and items. We have a Spooky Stuff pack and now a Backyard Stuff pack which has a lovely summer vibe to it. I have a feeling that EA might feel that is enough variety of "seasons."
    >
    > I could be totally wrong, and this is just speculation. Feel free to comment if you have ideas why my theory might be wrong or possibly correct.
    > Thanks (:

I VERY much hope NOT!!!! I feel like this won't happen, because EA is totally thirsty for money, I mean look how many stuff packs there are! But then again, EA is getting SUPER lazy! The Sims 3 was AMAZING! It had an open world, the Pets expansion added horses, there was create a style, and more! But with The Sims 4, there is NONE of that! Just better graphics, and minor improvements. If there is a seasons expansion, I bet it will only include one or two other seasons, with drawbacks.

EA is seriously getting lazy and careless.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    TBH, I don't care if we get a Season's pack. It was a kewl thing in TS2, but in TS3 is just bogged down my compy, and I all ready have enough technical issues with the game as is. Weather only complicates things in ways that aren't fun, so if we never get a Season's pack, I truly won't be disappointed, and I think you're theory here might be quite valid.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I would not be bothered if we do not get Seasons. In fact, I will be ecstatic. The devs could spend time working on new ideas.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    There's been some Seasons leaks running around lately, so I think it's not an impossibility.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    There's been some Seasons leaks running around lately, so I think it's not an impossibility.

What seasons leak?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    In all the cases, we'll get seasons. EA is not stupid, they know with seasons they can earn a lot of money.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I am cautiously optimistic for seasons. I'd love if it was done like Sims 2 & 3 Seasons. I want the ability to have 4 seasons in every town. I don't care if it isn't "realistic". The Sims was never a strictly realistic game and players should have that freedom to play however they'd like. On that note, I'm afraid it'll be like Sims 1 vacation and we'll have to travel to different worlds to experience weather. I loved Sims 1 Vacation for its time but am hoping for more this time around.