Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sports EP

This hasn't been done in any of the previous Sims series, and it could cross-promote EA's FIFA series as well. Stuff that could be featured: functional basketball hoop, volleyball court, tennis court, soccer goal, softball field venue, bowling alley, tetherball pole (for child Sims), child-size basketball hoop for child Sims, "throw ball" or "play catch" interaction, jogging/track venue (with hurdles), balance beam, gymnastics mat.
I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.

Comments

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I would like the Basketball Hoop back! That was a neat object for the backyard, or a park. A Sports themed pack would be awesome! :heart:
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    I would like the Basketball Hoop back! That was a neat object for the backyard, or a park. A Sports themed pack would be awesome! :heart:

Well lucky for you! City life has a basketball hoop!
  • Options
    lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2016
    I love these and I would love to add 'fighting' sports like archery, martial arts, and fencing. We also can have horseback riding with Pets.
    Origin ID: lotary00
  • Options
    That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    I don't think a whole sports themed pack would be very good. If some sports themed things were in an EP, like the sports items from the Sims 2: Freetime. It seems more fit for a game pack.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I don't think a whole sports themed pack would be very good. If some sports themed things were in an EP, like the sports items from the Sims 2: Freetime. It seems more fit for a game pack.

Looks like they are adding the basketball hoop with the new City EP. I still miss the volleyball net from TS1 Vacation though, which would be a premium object in itself involving several Sims at the same time, and I think there may have been a practice soccer goal object in TS2 Freetime. Depending how many new venues were added (ice skating/roller skating rink anyone?) it could be fleshed out into an expansion pack. Although some of these objects have been done before in previous games, this combination of objects and venues is one that hasn't been done before, and if they added a whole new world as well as the venues and objects with new animations/interactions, it could be an EP.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.