Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 baby challenge causing major lag

(reposted from another thread)

Hey all! This is my first time posting, but I've been doing the 100 baby challenge now for a few months. I'm up to 67 babies on the 4th generation! I really really want to finish this challenge, but my game has become so bogged down on this save. I don't want to have to abandon it, but it's basically become unplayable :(

Any advice? Ive tried moving to a smaller lot and it helped a tiny bit, but it still keeps freezing up. Do I have to restart the family in a new save (save to gallery and start them in a new world)? Or is there something else I can do?

My current matriarch makes her money gardening and she has a garden full of about 30 perfect plants. I really don't want to lose that. Help!

Just FYI my computer specs:

Macbook Air 13in
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
1.6 GHz intel core i5
4GB ram
Intel HD graphics 6000

Comments

• ChrissyAnneChrissyAnne Posts: 36 Member
    hmm tough crowd
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I have no idea what the 100 baby challenge is but if you have a large household that will slow your game down. Clear out your Sims' inventories too. And lower your graphics settings.

How big is your save file?
    apple-signature.png
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    the more sims you have, the laggier it gets :D
    it also depends on the size of the lot you're playing on and the amount of objects on it.. (like you've already found out when you moved. the plants could be part of the lag too, but obviously it would still be laggy if you got rid of them)
    and slo like BluebellFlora said, if you've been playing the same save for a while it can get really cluttered and make the game laggy as well...
    but also, your specs are pretty standard laptop specs so maybe try using laptop mode and lower graphics?
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    The longer you play the save and the more data it collects are definitely causes of lag.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.