Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 not working!! Please Help!!

So I just bought a new sims 3 game through Origin. The first couple months it worked great until I installed my old expansion packs that I had stored. Now, when I load the game it goes in and when I go to choose a family, a message appears with only 2 options. RETRY and QUIT. When I press retry the message appears again like nothing happens and when I press quit, it quits the game. It doesn't matter how many times I open the game, the same message always appears. Help please!! I don't know what to do....

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    What is the message? Is it a debug error? If so you need to regularly purge RAM.
    apple-signature.png
  • tuttikaratuttikara Posts: 4 New Member
    BluebellFlora so, thats the problem, there is nothing written... only two options appears. The Quit and the Retry
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    tuttikara wrote: »
    BluebellFlora so, thats the problem, there is nothing written... only two options appears. The Quit and the Retry

Try the purging and see if it helps.

apple-signature.png
    Just tried it out and it didnt work... Thanks for the help!! Do you have any other ideias??
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try this to see if you can at least get the game to work again. Move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3). Your saved games will be safe as long as you do not delete that folder. Start your game up and see if it allows you play. You won't have any CC or mods, but you should be able to at least get past the "quit"/"retry" message.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Tremayne4260,
    Now the game goes, but I lost everything... I simply moved my file to my desktop and opened my game. When It loaded, the game had restarted and I only had the option to create a new household.
    Oh well, all that progress for nothing.
    Thanks anyways!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    tuttikara wrote: »
    Tremayne4260,
    Now the game goes, but I lost everything... I simply moved my file to my desktop and opened my game. When It loaded, the game had restarted and I only had the option to create a new household.
    Oh well, all that progress for nothing.
    Thanks anyways!
    The point of restarting with a clean game folder and the old one pulled out to a safe place is that, if you can get the game to run on the new folder, slowly and gradually begin adding your content back to it. Then eventually you may be able to move your saves from the pulled out folder to the new one hopefully without the original problem following you back.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Ok, so once the game starts again, you will have to reinstall all your Store content (I haven't found a way for the file to be recognized other than to reinstall them), and then add back your other mods and CC that was in the Mod folders (I just download a fresh copy of the Mod file set up from Mod The Sims) and then add back my Saved games a few at a time. If you find that the game is crashing again or not starting, then something is corrupted in your Mods or CC folder and you may have to re download those again.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.