Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Non-tropical destination ideas. Where in the world are my sims?

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    OP, I would KILL for this kind of vacation for The Sims. Aurora Skies was nice, but didn't do everything it needed to for me.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    count me on for different location even if it is for just visiting
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Non Tropical Vacation/Destination ideas -

-Euopean Roadway/Speedway (more for a vehicle expansion to be fair) Sims could drive and race along steep cliffs, country roads, and through a few small European villages where they'd meet locals and learn new trades, like how to make pizza.

-Moscow/Russian city- Explore a vibrant, bright, and frozen city! Learn how to make delicious candy and fine crafted toys! Attend extravagant parties at rich palaces! (Would also be great for a world politics expansion)

-Mt. Everest/ Himalayas- Hike and climb through treacherous and icy mountains to reach the peek of the world! Learn Sim-fu or other practices from monks in a hidden temple. Maybe milk a yak, I don't know.

-Congo/African jungle- Get immersed in a new culture, learn to play drums, dance with shadows around a fire, and learn how to survive in the wild. With some sandy rock/canyon areas, and other areas thick with trees to explore and get lost in!
  • TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited August 2016
    i'd love to see sweden as an option, or maybe even ireland. stormy weather with tons of snow.
    ireland has tons of beautiful ruins and castles from the older days, would be great for people into exploration or era themed packs, like myself! especially if you could extend your vacation for however long you want in ireland! then you can write fairly accurate time pieces for at least those locations with Simlit. :)
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    Still can't post pics yet, soon soon, but in the mean time here are some none tropical ideas: 1. Bluffton, South Carolina, 2. The Finger Lakes, 3. New Orleans, 4. Napa Valley, 5. Providence etc. There are sooo many! I got a few ideas from this really cool site, can't link but just google non tropical vacations and it should be the first or second link.

Also while I have nothing against tropical vacations and locations, it would be nice to see something different! @FLIRTYINPINK No one is pushing their ideas on someone else, we just want u to think about different views and have more options instead of the stagnant one that seems to be the trend.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would love a vacation to a tropical beach with a volcano in the background, fire dancing, luau feasts with roasting pigs in a fire pit, steel drums, bright Caribbean colors, etc. Beach activities like shell collecting (a new collection), building sand castles, digging for treasure, laying out and sunburns.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would love a vacation to a tropical beach with a volcano in the background, fire dancing, luau feasts with roasting pigs in a fire pit, steel drums, bright Caribbean colors, etc. Beach activities like shell collecting (a new collection), building sand castles, digging for treasure, laying out and sunburns.

I think this is the wrong place to put that idea lol
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think this is the wrong place to put that idea lol

LOL! you're right. I saw tropical and started thinking and typing. OOPS!
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I think people are more focused on a tropical destination because we don't have weather in the game yet...a tropical world would work with the game as it is now, always sunny. Sure, they could make different destinations with locale weather, but then that might mean destination specific weather situation instead of a full on season/weather expansion.

Either way, I would love many different types of vacation spots. But right now I do really want a tropical addition.
    I want an Alpine vacation in the snow capped mountains. Skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, building snowmen, snowball fights, snow angels, sitting around a fire in a lodge drinking hot chocolate, etc. I would like a return of the snow boarding object, a new round fireplace for the middle of the room, build igloos to woohoo in and the ice bar venue. I loved that bar venue carved out of ice with an ice bar, chairs, tables and couches.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    It would be interesting to have an African vacation spot. Animal watching, collecting new plants and insects, learning new tradisional dances, drum instrument, sleeping in little round bungalows and fending off mosquitoes etc. I don't believe that we have had an African location before, so this would be interesting!

I'd also like a vacation world with a lot of caves that we can actually see and explore on our screen. Nice light brown rock so it isn't too dark and natural arches and hollows. Basically, something like an ancient Elderado slash Aztec destination with things carved into the mountains and rocks, large caves and a series of long caves with a stream running through it. There can be an ancient temple hidden lot somewhere in the network of caves, if you explore hard enough :)
    It would be interesting to have an African vacation spot. Animal watching, collecting new plants and insects, learning new tradisional dances, drum instrument, sleeping in little round bungalows and fending off mosquitoes etc. I don't believe that we have had an African location before, so this would be interesting!

I'd also like a vacation world with a lot of caves that we can actually see and explore on our screen. Nice light brown rock so it isn't too dark and natural arches and hollows. Basically, something like an ancient Elderado slash Aztec destination with things carved into the mountains and rocks, large caves and a series of long caves with a stream running through it. There can be an ancient temple hidden lot somewhere in the network of caves, if you explore hard enough :)

Like that hotel in Africa where the giraffes that come up to your room windows to get a snack.
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    The original idea would be more like going home than a vacation for me, but I would buy it instantly!
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2016
    I remember the original Sims 1 had about 9 vacation spots: 3 were snowy destinations, 3 were forest destinations (similar to Outdoor Retreat), and 3 were beach destinations.

Beaches can be either tropical or nontropical - in the Sims, whether or not they are tropical depends on (A) The weather chosen for the location, and (B) The type of trees and plants in the vicinity. My parents have a beach house on a nontropical beach - there are evergreen trees nearby, and blackberries and wild roses, and wetlands plants. No palm trees. There is a dock nearby, and it is mostly a rocky beach, with most of the rocks about the size of your fist, with barnacles on them, and a little bit of sand, just enough to make small sand castles. But when the tide is out, past the rocks is more sand. This is when people in the area go digging for clams.

I would certainly like to see beach destinations and at least one beach neighborhood, along with the return of hotels. I also miss the local dance, food, and gesture from the Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Sims 3 at least brought back the local food. I would love to see souvenirs return, and perhaps a gift shop location in a vacation neighborhood. Having vacation memories in a Sim's notebook would be great, for instance, a memory of watching a special destination dance or event (such as a ribbon-cutting), or visiting a specific special vacation location. Touring famous residences or famous landmarks might be a great new Simtourist activity.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    I want the stereotypical Persian/Arabian Town:
    • Architecture: Like that of Agrabah
    • Market streets- selling potteries, rugs, spices etc..
    • Magicians and fortune tellers.
    • Sand desert with a beautiful oasis and watering hole.
    • Hidden cave- Like the cave of wonders from Aladdin, or that one from Ali Baba and the 40 thieves.
    • Belly dancing, hookah.
    • Genies, magic lamps, magic carpet rides, camel rides
    • New harvestibles: Coconut, dates and figs.
    • There could also be a neighborhood inspired from Egypt with pyramids, statue of the Sphinx, and temple complexes like those in Luxor
    • Archaeology skill.

• SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    i know this might be a little bit tropical, so maybe this doesn't fit here, but i'd love a place in the sims inspired by istanbul or even just the middle east.. you know, not those beach resorts with lots of tourists but just the real life in these towns :)
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @Sel, I think you need to read through the thread again
    Movotti wrote: »
    What about a mediterranian holiday?

Greece:
    holidayhomegreece.jpg
    easid-6732-media-id-810.jpg
    greece-travelguide-santori-large.jpg

Olive groves
    1491741.jpg

Ruins and cyprus trees
    Fullview.jpg

Poppies in olive groves
    2009_Greece_KarpathosKasosCrete1.JPG

Turkey?
    oludeniz%20beach%20and%20lagoon%20and%20paragliders.jpg
    istanbul-world-hd-wallpaper-1920x1200-3675.jpg
    1-Turkey-Konya-Whirling-Dervishes-Sema-Dance.jpg

Morocco!
    market-research-africa-morocco-marketing-analysis-reports-company.jpg
    CamelcaravantripinSaharainMorocco-275931449286219_crop_1024_400.jpg
    Morocco_h%C4%B1story_9.jpg
    img_3526.jpg

And no, Turkey isn't what one would call tropical.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    @Movotti sorry i have a bad habit of reading the OP first and then instantly responding, i need to stop doing that :D
    also yeah Turkey isn't that "tropical" but in some tourist-y destinations like Antalya it kinda has the same vibe as some tropical destinations do :D (at least imo but yeah it's not tropical lmao)
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    I always thought about a wheather forecast gamepack that includes a mountain scenario, like you can travel there only during winter season and there you can ski or drink chocolate in a hut!
  • MyndrunnerMyndrunner Posts: 86 Member
    They should roll out a couple more vacation spots, call it SIMS4 Mystic Vacations or something.
    Jackson Hole - Thought the pic looked pretty nice. Apparently it's great in the summer and winter.
    8200-2014-06-flying-saddle.jpg
    Telluride - Another nice place that is meant for winter but is pretty in the summer too.
    8205-2014-06-box-canyon-lodge.jpg
    Tucson - Who doesn't love horses, farms and such!! (Okay I know there are ppl who don't but still!!)
    8206-2014-06-tanque-verde-ranch.jpg

~~~Lala B~~~
    How about New Zealand? So cute!!
    NZ1.jpg
    3b2625793fc32a307d0b0b144fcccecb.jpg
    New-Zealand_South-Island_Milford-Sound-Lake-and-Mountains_APT_2065_LLR.jpg
    D198-hero-new-zealand-light-hiking-family-2000x837.jpg

So beautiful and serene. I was actually thinking about moving here one day IRL.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    How about New Zealand? So cute!!
    So beautiful and serene. I was actually thinking about moving here one day IRL.
    I think it's one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I've never been there.
    Though, I've also had a bit of a day dream about moving there.
    Who wouldn't want to live in middle earth?

The trees in southern south NZ
    tree-bent-over-by-wind-on-the-coast-of-the-catlins-in-south-island-dencxx.jpg
    Are like something out of a novel
    I half expect ents to go for a wander out of them
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    La Paz, Mexico
    0528_tra_mexico-1.jpg?quality=85&w=640
    Dublin
    0528_tra_dublin-1.jpg?quality=85&w=640
    Naxos. Greece
    0528_tra_greece-2.jpg?quality=85&w=640

~~~Lala B~~~