Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Non-tropical destination ideas. Where in the world are my sims?

MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
People seem to be stuck in a box. A tropical island in a box, and it's time they got out of the box.

I hate the tropics.
But I do want my sims to have holidays in exotic locations.

Ever heard of the Blue Lagoon Resort and Geothermal Spa in Iceland?
Something like that would be an awesome location for a holiday themed EP
Blue-Lagoon-Bridge.jpg
image.jpg
tumblr_mnzmxahhG71s5uxk1o1_1280.jpg
image5a.jpg
pools-4-byhotel.thumbnail.jpg

And at night, there are the northern lights
default.jpg
121b971f50005c88a8fa03f25154ae72.jpg
That's right!
A resort, in a cold climate, with hot springs AND the northern lights at night. Why would you want a tropical island?

But there's more
In the land of the midnight sun.

MAJOITUS_Lasi-iglut_1.jpg
Why would you have glass roofs in the snow?

Why would you not?
giphy.gif
northernlights.gif
tumblr_njumaehLfX1u7gnm9o1_400.gif

But I'm not done yet.

There's the ice hotel in Sweden.
1-icehotel-jukkasjarvi-sweden.jpg
86bbc623ef96d2100d874ee9da6362e1.jpg
Ice-Hotel-suite-by-Natuski-Saito-and-Shingo-Saito.jpg
sweden-lapland-icehotel-art-suite2-rth-mid_37ceaeabd158655bb52ba6e5efae504f.jpg
859f551b8d7c767701c709ded12b77a43a86b21d.jpg
Icehotel_Ice_Hotel_Jukkasjarvi_Sweden_1.jpg
54268.jpg

Maybe an Ice palace isn't to your taste...

What about something more outdoorsy?
sami-perm-hut.jpg
viggo-3yrs-kolarkojan-031.jpg

You want cruises? What about cruising the fjords?
91upEz3RrpL._SL1500_.jpg
rewrite_norwegian-fjords-1.jpg
article-1347272-0CC00645000005DC-272_634x341.jpg

Edit:
Then again, there is the Aurora Australis...
Screen-Shot-2015-08-17-at-4.34.51-PM.png
EYaxahc.jpg
16661895099_0d8b4122bc_b.jpg
1432155346341.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
Post edited by Movotti on

Comments

• GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Yes, I have heard about this resort in Iceland and I would LOVE to have a vacation world based on Nordic countries.

But this shouldnt stop other people from wishing for a tropical world.... Isla Paradiso was great but there are more sides of beachy island worlds that are left to be explored...
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I enjoy looking through those pictures, great ideas :)

The Sims Game
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why does it have to be either/or? Why can't we have both?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sorry, but I still very much would prefer a tropical vacation.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I would love to have holidays in London, Paris, Venice, Egypt. I hate tropical locations. Why cant it be London, Paris and Venice with lots of places to go to and lots of things to see?
    Why are people so obsessed with water and swimming? I'd rather travel the world.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    So because you hate the tropics you're trying to convince other people to join you and not want a tropical destination? Lol oh.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I want more diversity, I don't really care where exactly, I've seen a lot of nice ideas around the forum. Nordic countries sound cool, perhaps they could make something tropical without it being an island too, like something indian/south asian inspired or brasil, perhaps even more about the forest than the beach. They did a good job with Windenburg at mashing up various European countries, and offering various environments (island is totally different from the countryside), so I hope they'll do the same with other areas of the world.
  • TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    i'd like a blend of both personally. i like your ideas, and i really like the tropical ideas i've been seeing too. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I would love to have holidays in London, Paris, Venice, Egypt. I hate tropical locations. Why cant it be London, Paris and Venice with lots of places to go to and lots of things to see?
    Why are people so obsessed with water and swimming? I'd rather travel the world.
    Good points.
    Though, I'd rather have rural, rather than city locations. Rural England, rural France, Rural italy, why just the cities?

Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I still very much would prefer a tropical vacation.
    Enjoy your box!

YungGigi wrote: »
    So because you hate the tropics you're trying to convince other people to join you and not want a tropical destination? Lol oh.
    Yes and no.
    Yes, I hate the tropics, but more of a case of pointing out that there are non tropical options. People seem to be hooked on a singular concept, and are blind to all other options. Kind of like how they are so hooked on repeats of EPs that have happened in the past.

Neia wrote: »
    something indian/south asian inspired or brasil, perhaps even more about the forest than the beach.
    Now that's using your noggin!

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I know what you mean there are so many things to see
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    the only vactions i know of which are to cold climates is Quebec's Ice festival and Alaskan cruises
    6adMCGP.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I totally want the tropics but it is more about what else will come with it like swimming in the ocean. The possibility of a boat ride of some sort and maybe boardwalk games and food. Colorful Tropical drinks, lush hotels maybe an infinity pool...ahhh I need a vacation

I would also like to see an Amazon forest type vacation with rafting down the river. Expand on herbalism, discover new plants with medicinal properties instead of buying the meds off the computer, you can use this. Maybe even add a potion to treat snakebites. Please add coconuts and recipes that use coconuts.

At night it can be really dangerous to travel. Encounter new animals, bugs, poisonous snakes... Meet with tribal locals and learn how to traverse the jungle without dieing... Maybe learning spearing for fish or archery

Okay I think I would rather see a tropical jungle instead of just the plain tropics...lol
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    So awesome! I would love a change of scenery, maybe something that can come before or after seasons so that we can enjoy snowy locations like Sutopa (not real) and traverse the wet jungles of Opidopi (not real) *sigh* We can all dream tho right? lol This will probably fall on deaf ears but its always great to hold out hope and be a little optimistic.....right?
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
    Ok.
    So not everyone want's a holiday to a cold place.

What about a mediterranian holiday?

Greece:
    holidayhomegreece.jpg
    easid-6732-media-id-810.jpg
    greece-travelguide-santori-large.jpg

Olive groves
    1491741.jpg

Ruins and cyprus trees
    Fullview.jpg

Poppies in olive groves
    2009_Greece_KarpathosKasosCrete1.JPG

Turkey?
    oludeniz%20beach%20and%20lagoon%20and%20paragliders.jpg
    istanbul-world-hd-wallpaper-1920x1200-3675.jpg
    1-Turkey-Konya-Whirling-Dervishes-Sema-Dance.jpg

Morocco!
    market-research-africa-morocco-marketing-analysis-reports-company.jpg
    CamelcaravantripinSaharainMorocco-275931449286219_crop_1024_400.jpg
    Morocco_h%C4%B1story_9.jpg
    img_3526.jpg

@keekee53
    You can swim in the mediterranian, and there are tibal cultures in north africa and the middle east.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Ok.
    So not everyone want's a holiday to a cold place.

What about a mediterranian holiday?

Greece:
    holidayhomegreece.jpg
    easid-6732-media-id-810.jpg
    greece-travelguide-santori-large.jpg

Olive groves
    1491741.jpg

Ruins and cyprus trees
    Fullview.jpg

Poppies in olive groves
    2009_Greece_KarpathosKasosCrete1.JPG

Turkey?
    oludeniz%20beach%20and%20lagoon%20and%20paragliders.jpg
    istanbul-world-hd-wallpaper-1920x1200-3675.jpg
    1-Turkey-Konya-Whirling-Dervishes-Sema-Dance.jpg

Morocco!
    market-research-africa-morocco-marketing-analysis-reports-company.jpg
    CamelcaravantripinSaharainMorocco-275931449286219_crop_1024_400.jpg
    Morocco_h%C4%B1story_9.jpg
    img_3526.jpg

@keekee53
    You can swim in the mediterranian, and there are tibal cultures in north africa and the middle east.

I would love any of those too. I don't want to visit any ruins though. They make great atmosphere but boring for my Sims to look at. I didn't like the exploration in World Adventures much.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I totally want the tropics but it is more about what else will come with it like swimming in the ocean. The possibility of a boat ride of some sort and maybe boardwalk games and food. Colorful Tropical drinks, lush hotels maybe an infinity pool...ahhh I need a vacation

I would also like to see an Amazon forest type vacation with rafting down the river. Expand on herbalism, discover new plants with medicinal properties instead of buying the meds off the computer, you can use this. Maybe even add a potion to treat snakebites. Please add coconuts and recipes that use coconuts.

At night it can be really dangerous to travel. Encounter new animals, bugs, poisonous snakes... Meet with tribal locals and learn how to traverse the jungle without dieing... Maybe learning spearing for fish or archery

Okay I think I would rather see a tropical jungle instead of just the plain tropics...lol

AHHH I LOVE IT!!!! Please EA/Maxis make some of these dreams come true!!
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @YungGigi wrote: »

It's more a case of, we've had multiple tropical worlds in past games, and that's all people seem to be interested in this one too.
    Why not opt for more than just tropical?

If EA see that all people want is tropical, that's probably all they will deliver. A wash, rise, repeat of Bon Voyage/Island Paradise/Sunlit Tides.
  • FLIRTYINPINKFLIRTYINPINK Posts: 109 Member
    Some people like Tropical Island nothing wrong with that.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    YungGigi wrote: »

And there is nothing wrong with wanting something other than tropical islands.
    This thread is for holiday ideas that are NOT tropical themed.
    Give it your best shot! What non-tropical destination can you come up with?

jackjack_k wrote: »

It's more a case of, we've had multiple tropical worlds in past games, and that's all people seem to be interested in this one too.
    YAY! Someone gets it!

Maybe I should edit the name of this thread.

It just seems like you are trying to force your opinion on other people. If you don't like tropical themes that's fine but why try to make people go along with what you are saying?
    Movotti wrote: »

And there is nothing wrong with wanting something other than tropical islands.
    This thread is for holiday ideas that are NOT tropical themed.
    Give it your best shot! What non-tropical destination can you come up with?

YAY! Someone gets it!

Maybe I should edit the name of this thread.

• crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I would enjoy any vacation location really. We could have multiple. I want Tropical still, but I think a snowy vacation spot would be cool too or anything else. :)
    It just seems like you are trying to force your opinion on other people. If you don't like tropical themes that's fine but why try to make people go along with what you are saying?

You sound bitter. What have you got against non-tropical holidays?
    This is just a different opinion to all the repeated threads on tropical themed holidays. Don't get your knickers in a bunch over it. If you only like the tropics... well... I pity you. Surely you can come up with some awesome non-tropical idea? Surely you're not lacking the imagination to do so?

Now, stop being such a debbie downer, and share some awesome ideas!
    I would enjoy any vacation location really. We could have multiple. I want Tropical still, but I think a snowy vacation spot would be cool too or anything else. :)
    Literally. :p
    There is nothing wrong with having other worlds that are not tropical. But trying to convince other people to change their mind about liking tropical worlds is a different story. So what happens if EA sees that people are complaining about there being too many tropical worlds and they decide to not make one then what?

If EA see that all people want is tropical, that's probably all they will deliver. A wash, rise, repeat of Bon Voyage/Island Paradise/Sunlit Tides.

There is nothing wrong with having other worlds that are not tropical. But trying to convince other people to change their mind about liking tropical worlds is a different story. So what happens if EA sees that people are complaining about there being too many tropical worlds and they decide to not make one then what?

What if all they see are threads about tropical locations? What then?

And I'm still waiting for your non-tropical ideas.
    That is what this thread is for.
    Surely you can imagine something that doesn't invilve the tropics? You do have an imagination, don't you? Lets see it in action!