Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harry Potter Academy ?

Hello, I am hoping that Harry Potter Academy and Careers in Magic will be added to the Sims 4 or something like it as part of a Supernatural's type expansion, cause I Luv Harry Potter Books and Movie Series, in fact, Harry Potter's 8TH Book will be out in stores and such July 31st for those who did not know, I made a post bout it in the Off Chat section, But I am afraid that not many go to that section, it is called Harry Potter & the Cursed Child 1 & 2 Official Script Book of Original West End Production ( Special Rehearsal Edition ), I am hoping that EA and Maxis add in a Book for Magic like a Grimoire, or Book of Spells.

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'd really like a customisable open education pack. So basically we could make our own schools and unis, and set the curriculum. So if we also had a supernatural pack, we could use that to make a Hogwarts type school.

The reason why I see it as separate packs is that some players strongly dislike supernaturals, but may really like the idea of building their own open schools. Likewise, some players might like supernaturals but dislike the idea of playing schools. I also think it means the separate packs would make the features more in-depth and satisfying.

So people could combine the school pack with whatever content they liked! So they could combine it with a pets expansion to make a veterinary school. Or mix schools and a sports pack to make a sports school. Or schools and Get to Work to make a medical school. Or combine it with a Superstar pack to make a stage school like Glee.

But I'd totally buy a SN pack and the school pack and make Hogwarts! :) I love the Harry Potter books too.

edit: because I can't spell 'separate'. XD
  • Options
    LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    YES! And I mean there are star wars costumes and stuff in the base game, I wanna see some harry potter too :33
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I'd really like a customisable open education pack. So basically we could make our own schools and unis, and set the curriculum. So if we also had a supernatural pack, we could use that to make a Hogwarts type school.

The reason why I see it as separate packs is that some players strongly dislike supernaturals, but may really like the idea of building their own open schools. Likewise, some players might like supernaturals but dislike the idea of playing schools. I also think it means the separate packs would make the features more in-depth and satisfying.

So people could combine the school pack with whatever content they liked! So they could combine it with a pets expansion to make a veterinary school. Or mix schools and a sports pack to make a sports school. Or schools and Get to Work to make a medical school. Or combine it with a Superstar pack to make a stage school like Glee.

But I'd totally buy a SN pack and the school pack and make Hogwarts! :) I love the Harry Potter books too.

Great Idea's thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Lissmels wrote: »
    YES! And I mean there are star wars costumes and stuff in the base game, I wanna see some harry potter too :33

Agree 100% , :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have a whole Harry Potter save with all the main characters and buildings. I built a huge Hogwarts School, so I want magic, not only for adults and teens, but a little magic ability for kids and robes to wear. Yes please.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have a whole Harry Potter save with all the main characters and buildings. I built a huge Hogwarts School, so I want magic, not only for adults and teens, but a little magic ability for kids and robes to wear. Yes please.

sounds great thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    After reading the 8TH Harry Potter book, I plan on doing a Harry Potter World in My Sims 2 game, I might do one in Sims 3 as well, but not in Sims 4, do not like the way the characters do their own thing when I am not there, I am the one in control of My characters, not them in control of Me, therefore none of My Harry Potter stuff will be added to Sims 4, Unless they fix a lot of the problems like Relationship Culling and such I have added harry potter characters and stuff in My games before, but never a whole world for them, so now is the time to add in old characters as well as the new ones from the 8TH Book, I can not wait, Happy Simming one and all.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

I love your idea of having customizable open education! Definitely would be a fresh take on the concept of education for the game.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Yup I had agreed with that Idea myself, its a great idea:)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

That is one of the best ideas I've seen on the forum so far :D Let's hope someone sees it :)
  • Options
    I would like to have schools for My Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Witches, Plant Sims , Mermaids/Mermen , and such, they could each have classes that are made just for them, for Me that would be awesome.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member

genius, and now I really want it and then download a incredible hogwarts build I found on the gallery
    I would like to have schools for My Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Witches, Plant Sims , Mermaids/Mermen , and such, they could each have classes that are made just for them, for Me that would be awesome.
    agreed and maybe set other daily tasks than just plain homework
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    Marley V wrote: »

genius, and now I really want it and then download a incredible hogwarts build I found on the gallery
    agreed and maybe set other daily tasks than just plain homework

Exactly, I like the way you think, I thought the same thing, :).
  • Options
    Teens could practice "vampires kiss" in a mirror (unless they make it so their reflections don't show up, funny).
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Teens could practice "vampires kiss" in a mirror (unless they make it so their reflections don't show up, funny).

Yup Very :)
  • Options
    learning to grow your own plasma(blood replacement) plant would be something to teach at vampire schools
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    If you have get to work and download Zerbu's get to school mod and Hogwarts from the sims gallery (I've seen a few), I'm sure you can replicate the whole Harry Potter feel a bit - aside from the tasks (they are just general skill building ones.) However, sims with high mischief skill can perform slightly magic actions - e.g use a voodoo doll (bought off the computer or I think you can dig them up but I'm not sure, but you can do this at level 3), or teleport. Or you can just cheat teleporting by typing ctrl, shift, c at the same time, typing 'testingcheats true' and then clicking shift and pressing on the ground where you want to teleport - teleport here will show up and you will be able to teleport.

And if you want the students to have Hogwarts uniform, you can download uniform at the sims resource or if you look around at any other website for Hogwarts uniform I'm sure you'll find something.

The bad news is that it is hard to get your sims to wear their uniform, technically school DOES count as work but for some reason my teenage sim that goes to school only wears her work outfit now and then.

As far as I know you'll have to apply this uniform to everyone by yourself by opening up the cheat console and typing in testingcheats true and cas.fulleditmode, then pressing shift whilst clicking on a sim and select. Put some random outfit on them, make it look nice though, and save. This will make it so your control switches to this sim and their family (this only needs to be done for sims that ARE NOT in world, for sims that are in world just take control of their household the normal way.)

Once you have control of the sim you want to wear the uniform, open the cheats console by pressing ctrl shift c at the same time and type in testingcheats true and then sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas - I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a try.

If all else fails just set the uniform as their daily outfit, do so by clicking on a dresser or locker and pressing plan outfits whilst in control of the sim (I think it's works on mirrors and wardrobes too but Idk) or just doing the way I told you before, open up cheats console, testingcheats true, close the cheats console with esc and then shift click on your sim and click modify in cas. You only need to put cas.fulleditmode if you wanna edit facial details and stuff. Then when you get to cas for their daily outfit set the uniform, and that will be the outfit they will wear by default.

If you want the sim to have more everyday outfits aside from that outfit you can press the little arrow above the picture of the sun and press the add sign and make another outfit, a little number 2 will pop up, but the first one has to be the uniform if you want them to wear that normally. Alternate between the outfits by pressing on the various numbers.

If you DON'T want your sim to wear the uniform then click on them and press change outfits and chose the outfit you want them to wear.

Sorry if this is too many words but yeah I hope this helps in some way?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    Some of us like Me can not use Mods or CC, so that wont help much, but thanks for advice just the same.
  • Options
    I have been talking bout Harry Potter for a long time cause that series is one of My all time faves, but now I am seeing all kinds of other people talking and doing things with Harry Potter chars, Glad they caught on yet again, And I do hope more things are added so I can make a awesome Harry Potter village again, I use those chars in all My Sims games, :).
  • Options
    check out @brittpinkie's Harry potter stuff here
    1. Hogwarts Stuff
    This pack is focused on functional and decor items that come from the Harry Potter universe. The lovely Decat has given me permission to convert her HP deco items from TS2 to TS4. I’ve converted some video game models from the HP computer games, and have done some recolors as well. These items are for use in your Sims 4 Harry Potter universe. This is a HUGE pack with over 100 items and 12MB worth of content..

I recommend the Hogwarts castle which @ lila-builds created for you to play in. My vision is to either create a Hogwarts to go with @zerbu​’s Go To School mod (have your Sims go to Hogwarts for school!), or create a family of HP characters and let them live there. Anyway, with the objects I’ve created, you’ll be able to fully decorate your castle and feel like it’s real.

2. Harry Potter Mod Pack
    This pack comes with 4 custom traits (one for each Hogwarts house), 16 custom buffs (moodlets), 16 Get Together club icons, and over 400+ townie name replacements using surnames from the Harry Potter universe!

3. Harry Potter Fan Stuff
    Finally, this will be a pack of recolors designed for your Sims who are fans of the Harry Potter universe (and not living in it). Think along the lines of readable Harry Potter books, posters, clutter objects, bedding/furniture, wallpapers, etc. It will all be maxis-matchy and in Simlish, where possible. I will also be doing some house robes for adult Sims.

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @Marley V the OP can't use Mods/CC since she had issues in the past so she rather see something from EA allowing her to do the same thing. She even said so 3 posts above you.
    Some of us like Me can not use Mods or CC, so that wont help much, but thanks for advice just the same.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee I know and I have also expressed my wish for it. I linked to the content because of the threads theme and for the others who have shown their interest. they might not be opposed to use cc and mods
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    @MadameLee I know and I have also expressed my wish for it. I linked to the content because of the threads theme and for the others who have shown their interest. they might not be opposed to use cc and mods

It's just the OP is kind of sick of people suggesting mods/CC when she has stated she's unable to use them.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for sticking up for Me, But I do not mind if Other's want to post stuff for other people to use in their games, its just that I can not use them, but I do not mind if others use them.
  • Options
    Thank you BlueBlack007, you're a class act.