Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments and Daycare

In a future update or expansion pack they should add apartments. In The Sims 3 Late Night, there were apartments added. I loved living in apartments after I got that expansion pack. I wouldn't live anywhere else. They should add that in The Sims 4 because it was a really cool idea.

They should also add in Daycare as a job. I know some people don't like the babies and taking care of them, but I do enjoy taking care of babies, and the daycare career was so fun in The Sims 3. The babies would come your house in The Sims 3. I know that might not be possible because The Sims 4 isn't open world, but your sim could travel to this facility that had kid things like beds, toys, and baby cribs in it. Your sim could cook food in the kitchen and tell the kids to complete their homework. I think it would be a really cool idea. I know that teenagers can do babysitting, but you can't follow them to their jobs.
7Ar0t8G.png

Or do both and create yourself as a mermaid.

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh man I'd love apartments. I have huge households and it'd be cool to have them split up in an apartment complex. Different types of stairs and elevators for 4 would be rad (and desperately needed).

As for daycare, I only see a problem with babies in 4 still being objects, not because 4 isn't open world. Because they're objects, you can't actually bring them anywhere. They're literally locked up at home or magical daycare where they're instantly teleported. ;_;
    Maybe if they free the babies it'd work out?
  • thesims3mermaidthesims3mermaid Posts: 180 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Maybe if they free the babies it'd work out?
    Yeah, but I kind of meant, somehow the babies would be at the daycare when your sim arrived. I also wish that they would let babies leave their crib. I miss being able to bring the baby with me. At least in The Sims 4 you are able to leave the house without having to call a babysitter. You can just leave, and your baby is taken to daycare.

7Ar0t8G.png

• IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    The daycare could work if got toddlers.
    Can we just get toddlers back. It's all I want.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I would love many things for TS4 that we had in previous games but the route they are going, it's hard to say what will be added in the future. They've already stated many times that things will be different. I just wish they would tell us what they could implement and what they can't.
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I have been playing like condos for months now, and building them, not any recently because I don't see them adding apt living anytime soon, Like @asouthernwriter said, I don't know what direction they seem to be going in.

But there would be no problem if they added daycare. I can see when parents leave your house your child arrives at the daycare in the bassinet and just like at the restaurant you go to work fix bottles feed change talk, just like at home parents do, nothing changes in game system except the # of babies, 6 max with two workers getting in each others way, scrambling to tend the babies, well maybe the baby throwing up would be a new interaction, like in TS2 when the parent fed the baby then held the baby over their head. But it wouldn't be anything very different than we have now.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    If they add apartments I hope they are similar to how apartments worked in TS2 and not TS3.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Well...Sims 3 apartments were a disappointment. Those were absolutely horrible in the way that even the camera maneuver was just awkard, not to mention how limited they were. I want TS2 style apartments...and if they want an expansion..fine. As long as we can use gameplay from GTW and Dine Out with it.
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    Well...Sims 3 apartments were a disappointment. Those were absolutely horrible in the way that even the camera maneuver was just awkard, not to mention how limited they were. I want TS2 style apartments...and if they want an expansion..fine. As long as we can use gameplay from GTW and Dine Out with it.

I'm not really sure what you are visualizing with "expansion...GTW and DO". But I agree the apt in TS3 and TS2 were awkward and small but they forced you to get the sims to the gym, instead of have it in their home, and pools were communal, kids didn't have games, they had to go to centers to socialize and play. I tried to build condos in TS2 but there were strange rules that wouldn't always allow them to work.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Remember how you could ask an apartment neighbor to look after your children in Sims 2? They'd come over, no need to drop of the kid with them. That might work for Sims 4 babies, too. Now I wouldn't trust a random apartment neighbor with my baby in this game, but if for once the game controlled sims acted smart, it would be a great feature.
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    The daycare could work if got toddlers.
    Can we just get toddlers back. It's all I want.

I know I miss toddlers too. :'( They were my favorite.
    7Ar0t8G.png

I would love many things for TS4 that we had in previous games but the route they are going, it's hard to say what will be added in the future. They've already stated many times that things will be different. I just wish they would tell us what they could implement and what they can't.

I wish that they could tell us what they are currently working on, because I would love to know. Some people speculated based on post from a sim guru, that they may be working on the Pets expansion pack and that it might be the next one. Nothing has been confirmed though.
    7Ar0t8G.png

aclavo wrote: »
    If they add apartments I hope they are similar to how apartments worked in TS2 and not TS3.

I've never played The Sims 2, but from what I have heard, Sims 2 seems to be one of the best Sims games in the series. I've seen some gameplay and the babies looked way more realistic, plus you were able to just transfer the babies between the parents hands. In Sims 3 you had to set the baby down first. Sims 4... Can't even leave their crib.
    7Ar0t8G.png

Remember how you could ask an apartment neighbor to look after your children in Sims 2? They'd come over, no need to drop of the kid with them. That might work for Sims 4 babies, too. Now I wouldn't trust a random apartment neighbor with my baby in this game, but if for once the game controlled sims acted smart, it would be a great feature.

It helps a little now that they added Nannies, for free, in the game. It's not too expensive either, which again is nice.
    7Ar0t8G.png

But I agree the apt in TS3 and TS2 were awkward and small but they forced you to get the sims to the gym, instead of have it in their home, and pools were communal, kids didn't have games, they had to go to centers to socialize and play. I tried to build condos in TS2 but there were strange rules that wouldn't always allow them to work.

I enjoyed apartments in TS3, but I didn't have anything to compare them to. They were a little to small in my opinion, even the nice ones. If you look at all the space next to them, you should have been able to expand them. I did have a two story apartment before.
    7Ar0t8G.png

Those were absolutely horrible in the way that even the camera maneuver was just awkard, not to mention how limited they were.

I've never played TS2, besides watching gameplay, so TS3 was my first experience with apartments. The camera angles and movement was awkward and weird, but I can't really say anything bad about the apartments, because I don't have anything to compare them to. I would like to complain about the elevators though. They took way too long.

7Ar0t8G.png

• TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Apartments and Roommates would be cool to have. And it would be a fun legacy challenge to marry only your roommates. :P
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Those were absolutely horrible in the way that even the camera maneuver was just awkard, not to mention how limited they were.

I've never played TS2, besides watching gameplay, so TS3 was my first experience with apartments. The camera angles and movement was awkward and weird, but I can't really say anything bad about the apartments, because I don't have anything to compare them to. I would like to complain about the elevators though. They took way too long.

I can understand if you have no reference....Let me explain. :) Sims 2 apartments sat on a lot just like any other residence, except there were these special doors that isolated each household, and you could potentially have many households. As you know, Ts3 apartments are just this *shell* building with one household. You could have multiple households in an apartment building in Ts2...and you had a landlord to pay, unlike ts3 where it was condo style.
    I can understand if you have no reference....Let me explain. :) Sims 2 apartments sat on a lot just like any other residence, except there were these special doors that isolated each household, and you could potentially have many households. As you know, Ts3 apartments are just this *shell* building with one household. You could have multiple households in an apartment building in Ts2...and you had a landlord to pay, unlike ts3 where it was condo style.

Well, they actually do sound better. If EA does add apartments into the Sims 4 hopefully they can fit multiple people, instead of just one. :smile:

7Ar0t8G.png

• asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have been playing like condos for months now, and building them, not any recently because I don't see them adding apt living anytime soon, Like @asouthernwriter said, I don't know what direction they seem to be going in.

But there would be no problem if they added daycare. I can see when parents leave your house your child arrives at the daycare in the bassinet and just like at the restaurant you go to work fix bottles feed change talk, just like at home parents do, nothing changes in game system except the # of babies, 6 max with two workers getting in each others way, scrambling to tend the babies, well maybe the baby throwing up would be a new interaction, like in TS2 when the parent fed the baby then held the baby over their head. But it wouldn't be anything very different than we have now.

I think with the way lots sizes are and having enough room in the game, apartments could be a solution. I would like daycare but I think it works best with having toddlers. They won't even touch that issue lol

• nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    I miss the apartments!!! That would be awesome and we could pay for rent for living there.
    @thesims3mermaid TS2 you had noisy neighbors to deal with but you could build apts or condos. Your neighbors would just enter at will if you didn't lock doors...ohh wait so does the neighbors in TS4, they would pound on the wall if you were noisy and your sim could pound on the wall if they are noisy. But I liked the closet better in TS2, it was a sliding door that you put on a closet space that allowed the fun stuff, didn't take up so much room and you could put next to bed one square away, it was only one square deep also. So if they combined TS2 closet with TS4 action, it would be so much better and in a little space.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
    I would like daycare but I think it works best with having toddlers. They won't even touch that issue lol
    Agreed, the daycare would work better. In The Sims 3 you only had toddlers and children, you never had newborn babies come to the daycare. Let's hope that toddlers are added soon.
    7Ar0t8G.png

• SimmerMiaaSimmerMiaa Posts: 104 Member
    Apartments :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've built several apartment buildings with four apartments in each. They work okay, but there is no way to divide the bills and the salaries so it's like one family, plus I can only place a max of eight sims on a lot. But, so far, it's doable. I liked apartments in S2 and apartments in S3 were no different than a single residence because there was only one apartment per lot. At least S2 had four apartments per lot. I hope we get apartments one day.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I wish that they could tell us what they are currently working on, because I would love to know. Some people speculated based on post from a sim guru, that they may be working on the Pets expansion pack and that it might be the next one. Nothing has been confirmed though.

I saw that post -- it was for #InternationalCatDay, nothing to do with Pets. If they're thinking about Pets, it's probably going to be somewhere down the road; may not even be on the storyboard yet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)