Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    OMG @Maladi777 @CharmingMaruska MASS EFFECT IS MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME SERIES OF ALL TIME

Sorry for screaming :joy: Carry on! :tongue: (I have Andromeda. It's fun but definitely a lot of graphics issues and nowhere near as good as the original games)

Mass Effect is definitely scream-worthy so no need to apologize. :smiley: It's sad that Andromeda is not as good as the previous games. The more reason for me to wait for a sale and not pay the full prize. Why is it not so good? Is the story not interesting enough or the combat is not what it used to be?

There are a lot of graphics issues and the graphics quality actually is not as good (especially on the characters). The voice acting is so-so. The squad controls are hard to maneuver. The story is mildly interesting but I'm not immediately wrapped up in it like I was with ME :/

Don't misunderstand though. It's still fun! But waiting for it to be on sale is probably smart :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    OMG @Maladi777 @CharmingMaruska MASS EFFECT IS MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME SERIES OF ALL TIME

Sorry for screaming :joy: Carry on! :tongue: (I have Andromeda. It's fun but definitely a lot of graphics issues and nowhere near as good as the original games)

Mass Effect is definitely scream-worthy so no need to apologize. :smiley: It's sad that Andromeda is not as good as the previous games. The more reason for me to wait for a sale and not pay the full prize. Why is it not so good? Is the story not interesting enough or the combat is not what it used to be?

There are a lot of graphics issues and the graphics quality actually is not as good (especially on the characters). The voice acting is so-so. The squad controls are hard to maneuver. The story is mildly interesting but I'm not immediately wrapped up in it like I was with ME :/

Don't misunderstand though. It's still fun! But waiting for it to be on sale is probably smart :joy:

Ah well then, I guess it was too much to expect it's going to be as good as Dragon Age: Inquisition was. :(
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited March 2017
    Someone brought up the idea of us each picking one story that we'd like to focus on in this thread. I think that's a great idea especially if we want to add new members. That's not to say we can't still read all of everyone's stories and post updates here. But I think having more focus would make this a more active and helpful group.

How does everyone feel about this?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    @swcheppes I don't think it would be a problem when they come back. I just hope to keep our circle alive or I fear I will switch back to spam @Maladi777 with everything (still doing it but not that much anymore) :D

We could also make a new thread where we invite the new members so that we have two circles. All current active members will stay in both circles and when the others come back they don't need to join the other circle and just continue here.
    @Marialein You could always just spam here and bring the circle back to live, I might not always reply right away in thread (I'm way faster via PM, cause I open those on phone, so feel free to do so too :lol:) But I almost always reply and share my opinion/advice :)
    Right now we have 6 active member right? And trouble shared is trouble halved :lol:
    About two circles, sound appealing, but I would like to think that out some more. About how it would work :blush:

@CharmingMaruska How do you screenshot parties to make them look like actual fun and not like a bunch of sims standing around?
    I quite honestly don't know, just bomb the scene with sims and hope for the best. :lol:
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @Maladi777 I totally understand - I felt pretty heroic even at the beginning of ME1. FemShep sure knows how to walk around her ship epically! :lol: And I won't be buying Andromeda, because my computer wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm afraid it won't even run ME3 :cry:

Anyway, who's your favourite romance? :tongue:
    @Maladi777 I totally understand - I felt pretty heroic even at the beginning of ME1. FemShep sure knows how to walk around her ship epically! :lol: And I won't be buying Andromeda, because my computer wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm afraid it won't even run ME3 :cry:

Anyway, who's your favourite romance? :tongue:

Kaidan, of course. I have a type. ;):D And he's so amazingly voiced. My FemShep loved him through all 3 games. Although it was really hard without him in ME2. On my second playthrough in ME2 I went for Thane, but no other romance was as good as the first. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Good news, the Teleporter mod has been updated! We are saved. All those steamy moments I have planned can commence now!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited March 2017
    @Maladi777 We can't be friends anymore. :joy: Kaidan is so boring! I really can't stand him :lol: Sorry. Garrus is my man :love: (and Tali is my lady, for my MaleShep!)

*back to lurk-mode*
    snvAF3B.png
    ( @Maladi777 You know I'm kidding, right? Hahaha We can have different tastes in ME men ;):tongue: and Kaiden is pretty to look at, but... not for me at all haha)
    snvAF3B.png
    ( @Maladi777 You know I'm kidding, right? Hahaha We can have different tastes in ME men ;):tongue: and Kaiden is pretty to look at, but... not for me at all haha)

It's okay, I'm glad I don't have to share. I like Garrus' voice. He's a nice guy if you're into all that calibration stuff. :p
    heffners_orig.jpg

It's okay, I'm glad I don't have to share. I like Garrus' voice. He's a nice guy if you're into all that calibration stuff. :p

Garrus can calibrate me any time :naughty::joy:
    snvAF3B.png

Garrus can calibrate me any time :naughty::joy:

Sure, if you get him to stop calibrating everything else first. :p
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @Marialein Young adult Luna looks gorgeous <3
    I wonder what she's going to do with that sword, though :lol:

@Maladi777 So glad the mod got fixed! Too many writers I love couldn't continue because of it! :blush:
    New update for my Disney Princess Legacy!

suRdkSd.jpg
    @Maladi777 hahaha, I'm a Kaidan girl, too. And I went for Thane in ME2, since Kaidan basically broke it off (?) and I didn't want my femShep to pathetically mope alone in her cabin before the suicide mission :lol: The romance with Thane is so tragic, though, but the poetic melancholic in me loves it. (And I plan to go back to Kaidan in ME3, if my poor laptop can handle it.)

And @CitizenErased14 I didn't find the romance with Garrus very romantic, to be honest. It just seemed like a convenient 🐸🐸🐸🐸 call in ME2. And his lack of lips was a big turn-off. How is my femShep supposed to kiss that scary mouth of his? :lol: But Tali is love! I absolutely adore her and I was actually sad she's not a romance option :smile:
    edited March 2017
    @CharmingMaruska You're my kind of girl! In ME3 Kaidan is even hotter than in the previous installments. I wish there was as many fanarts of him back then as it is today. The swoonfest would last much longer. :D
    I agree with the lack of lips on Garrus. I wonder, does he have some sort of carapace under his armor? (maybe @CitizenErased14 could shed some light into this, as my FemShep never romanced him.) I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it must be to cuddle with him and other things, all those bones and edges, ouch. Well, someone likes it rough I guess. ;):p
    heffners_orig.jpg
    You guys are missing out @CharmingMaruska @Maladi777 ! Garrus is the best :tongue:

(And if you romance him, Mordin warns you not to swallow OMG :joy::joy::joy: I kid you not. He warns you that Turian bodily fluids can be toxic to humans if ingested, so he says "so don't... *ahem* ingest." I DIED)
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 I know there's a huge fan circle for Garrus out there and that's why I wanted to give him a chance, but it just felt forced and emotionless in ME2. Maybe it's better in ME3? I don't know.

Mordin is hilarious. If you choose to romance Thane, he warns you that oral contact may induce hallucinations. :lol:
    I have no idea who these people are :p
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @Marialein Maybe you could post some nice pictures to help us return back to Earth. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @Marialein Maybe you could post some nice pictures to help us return back to Earth. :)

I am currently in build mode so there isn't much to show. And I was buying shoes today. So … Not really pictures here.
    Sorry, we went heavily off-topic, I guess! :smile:
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Hey everyone,

I would like to make a new thread and a new reading circle. Everyone who is active in this circle is welcome to join. Those who aren't active are welcome as well when they return if they won't get overwhelmed. I will stay in this circle as well. I just think it is a better way to do it than inviting new members without knowing if our other members are okay with it. Of course you don't have to go into the other circle. Stay here if you want to.

If someone thinks this is a good idea here are the rules:

1 story which should be read by the others. You can decide which one. If you can't decide take the one the most of the circle members are already reading and caught up or close to be.

You can post updates of every story there.

We can ask each other every question about the stories of the others or ours or every silly stuff we like to. If you have a question which is very important for you, ask it on Fridays because it most likely will be answered at the weekend. During the week it might get lost.

Post bloopers, outtakes, buildings or just pictures of gorgeous sims. That is always a good thing. ;)

Feel free to share links for good CC or poses. I am always in the need for that.

I think this is all for now. Please say me if I should make a new thread. :)