Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Heard my name mentioned (thanks for recommending Day & Knight @Maladi777 ) and I'm so glad I popped in or I would have missed those priceless Meatball bloopers! Bahahaaaa! :joy:
    If you enjoyed Meatball bloopers, you might also enjoy Marialein's date with Meatball, if you missed it as well. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

DANG *sob
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited March 2017
    Murky update hot off the presses ... bonus this time I have made this food and fun filled update also "educational" .. you will feel smarter after reading it! These burning questions to be answered ... will Lisabee get her man? What about Don? Which famous celeb was spotted eating at the Pufferdome? What on earth is wrong with Mad?

03-01-17_2-44-12nbspAM_zpshydknn1d.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-4-puffer-dome-experience/

For any of you who wish to check this challenge by @Brennachan out farther .. I urge you to do it .. it is so much fun! The community is amazing!

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910413/post-apocalyptic-murkland-the-starter-challenge/p1
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    What it takes to get Meatball in a police car...
    001.png

002.png

003.png

004.png

005.png

image.png

@Maladi777 LOL screenshotting can be such a pain!
    Marialein wrote: »
    Hey I thought it would be nice if we recommend stories from other authors than our members here. Maybe take one not everyone is already reading ;) I would love to know what else you are reading. :)

As for my recommendation, I take Fangs for the memories by @LadyLobster .
    It has a lot of humor and provides some nice hunks to look at. ;)

@Marialein Love the idea! Definitely going to give the story a try <3

My recommendations:
    I adore (Para)Normal Neighborhood by @CitizenErased14, which has just come to it's seasons finale :)

Taken By Storme from @JoieWilder is currently on hiatus, but is definitely worth giving a try :)
    edited March 2017
    @Sterretjeee The poses are so hard to make work sometimes.

(Para)Normal Neighborhood is definitely on my list. I miss Taken by Storme as well, but we have @lisabee2 's Murkland! It's apocalypt-ish too. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Heard my name mentioned (thanks for recommending Day & Knight @Maladi777 ) and I'm so glad I popped in or I would have missed those priceless Meatball bloopers! Bahahaaaa! :joy:
    If you enjoyed Meatball bloopers, you might also enjoy Marialein's date with Meatball, if you missed it as well. ;)

I would have LOVED to been in Maria's shoes...she was so shocked! Hahahaaa! And he was CLASSIC Meatball... :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited March 2017
    In case you guys hadn't seen it yet, the trailer for the new stuff pack ;)
    I love the dotted top in the very first frame, curious what you guys think of the new buy-able content? :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkEKKJoUUM
    @Sterretjeee Thank you for sharing the video, I was about to look for it. I don't know what to think about this pack. It doesn't look necessary for the game. There's much more needed stuff than this. I still want something like prom and slow dancing. Yeah, I know there are mods and poses, but I want the official stuff.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thanks for mentioning PNN @Sterretjeee !!! :heart: I know many people love A2A, but I always enjoy seeing my lesser-known "baby" get some love!
    snvAF3B.png
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi wveryone. Thanks for the reading suggestion :)

Since it is friday maybe we should return to our friday discussions. Everyone asks whatever they like :) I am gonna start.

Maybe we get a few ideas from that question for our own stories.

What would you love to read about in simlit? Maybe a version of a TV show or something completly new? What could that be?

When you don't know how to continue a story, what could be helping you?

Do you think it is important to keep up with the relatives of the main characters or is that unnessesary for you?

Would you like to add a new member to this reading circle since @Leeuska1 @Spottydog714 @Kamio @VIRTUALEE and @Jellysimwich aren't really active? I have none specific in mind but I don't want our circle to die out!!!!
    edited March 2017
    What would you love to read about in simlit? Maybe a version of a TV show or something completly new? What could that be?
    I would love to read a space opera in simlit. I love tv shows like Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly and Virtuality (the last two both got cancelled by FOX unfortuantelly). I love Mass Effect games. I wanted to write such a story myself, you know, to have this giant generational spaceship of colonists and explorers... Everyone peacefully hibernating until the brave female captain gets woken up... But I can't start another story.

There are several things that help me continue. Best thing is to discuss my story with @Leeuska1 Setting up a scene, building a room/house, changing the appearance of my characters in CAS also helps (just recently I came up with a whole chapter for Celeste based on a cc dress that I gave her best friend). Another great thing is to test some poses and take random screenshots. It makes me focus on the character(s) and think about them and almost every time I come up with an interesting conversation ideas while doing it.

Do you think it is important to keep up with the relatives of the main characters or is that unnessesary for you?
    They are supporting characters like any others. Their presence makes sense if they play a significant role in the plot. Keeping them around only because they are related to the main character can slow down the pace of the story, unless your story's main focus are family relations and keeping up with all the relatives.

Would you like to add a new member to this reading circle since @Leeuska1 @Spottydog714 @Kamio @VIRTUALEE and @Jellysimwich aren't really active? I have none specific in mind but I don't want our circle to die out!!!!
    Definitely. And maybe not just one. We need to discuss our stories again and bring back all the creativity, pictures of our hot characters etc. I was considering inviting @mypalsim1 to join if she's interested. Do you want me to also announce we are looking for new members in the Reading Circles thread?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Love that you brought or Friday discussion back @Marialein, it keeps our circle alive :blush:

What would you love to read about in simlit? Maybe a version of a TV show or something completely new? What could that be?
    I really love challenged based SimLit with a strong story, not taking the challenge to heavy. I don't know why I do, I just do. Maybe because there's a big-line you can follow and know what'll happen game-play wise. But the story line just keeps surprising you!

Brainstorming helps me a lot, I love talking about what I have in mind, what I can't quite figure out. Etcetra.
    Also introducing new characters or extra plot-lines help a lot :)

Do you think it is important to keep up with the relatives of the main characters or is that unnecessary for you?
    I like keeping them in the story somehow, since I feel relatives make a character more life-like. I really switch between huge roles and just extras, though. If they aren't that important it's best to let them go and only mention them sometimes. In my opinion :lol:

Would you like to add a new member to this reading circle since @Leeuska1 @Spottydog714 @Kamio @VIRTUALEE and @Jellysimwich aren't really active?
    I wouldn't mind adding a few new members.
    I really am a pro for the idea to bring the Friday discussion back, though. And since we don't particularly ask our members to be caught up anymore, I was wondering if this might make the discussions less successful? Say someone wants to discus somethings about their story, won't the others feel left out? Or the person whom asks bummed out because not everyone is able to reply?

My suggestion to work that out would be to catch up (with stories of active members) at your own pass, so that we can discuss away but nobody is hurried into doing anything.
    And maybe choose one story if you have multiple? So we won't force to much reading-work on one person.
    Let me know what you guys think, I might be stressing over nothing :blush:
    I would really like new members, though! :blush:
    Would you like to add a new member to this reading circle since @Leeuska1 @Spottydog714 @Kamio @VIRTUALEE and @Jellysimwich aren't really active?
    I wouldn't mind adding a few new members.
    I really am a pro for the idea to bring the Friday discussion back, though. And since we don't particularly ask our members to be caught up anymore, I was wondering if this might make the discussions less successful? Say someone wants to discus somethings about their story, won't the others feel left out? Or the person whom asks bummed out because not everyone is able to reply?

My suggestion to work that out would be to catch up (with stories of active members) at your own pass, so that we can discuss away but nobody is hurried into doing anything.
    And maybe choose one story if you have multiple? So we won't force to much reading-work on one person.
    Let me know what you guys think, I might be stressing over nothing :blush:
    I would really like new members, though! :blush:
    I believe the things figure themselves out eventually. I would of course prefer someone who is familiar with one or more of our stories and vice versa. Still, it's definitely easier for us to catch up with their story than for them to catch up with all ours. The thing that bothers me more now is the fact that we cannot change anything on our first page. We have already been in this situation when Kamio went inactive. I wish each thread could be appointed several moderators, but alas that's not how things work around here.

heffners_orig.jpg
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member

I would love to read more fantasy stories in simlit. Being able to build a whole new world without any restrictictions and beautiful fantasy costumes is my dream! It would be a lot of work and very difficult though.

Music or re-reading old chapters. maybe playing the game a bit. Music lyrics are often a great inspiration.

I think it's very important. I just find it hard to do sometimes. I plan to include the supporting characters a lot more in generation 2.

I would love to see new members! I still have a LOT to catch up to in this circle, but I would love to see new people. I have no one in mind though. maybe I'll think of someone later.
    @Maladi777 Last time @SimGuruDrake Fixed it for us, maybe she will again this time? It's just merging another thread I believe.
    I'll send her a message to work things out :)

I agree about things working themselves out, but I'm a huge perfectionist in need of guidelines. At least, I know they help me a lot :lol:
    edited March 2017
    @Maladi777 Last time @SimGuruDrake Fixed it for us, maybe she will again this time? It's just merging another thread I believe.
    I'll send her a message to work things out :)

I agree about things working themselves out, but I'm a huge perfectionist in need of guidelines. At least, I know they help me a lot :lol:
    We need to clean the front page a bit. Put the inactive members under honorary, I'm also willing to make a new picture of our simselves or @Marialein could make one, she's good in it. Her banners catch one's eyes. ;) We need a new calender month put on (not that I mind Meatball there, we love him, don't we?).
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

I would love to see someone tackle a musical. I'm not sure how that would even be possible but I would definitely read that if it was out there I just watched the Flash's musical episode so that's in my mind ha! There are a ton of shows I would love to see, 90210, Saved by the Bell, The OC, any of the housewives. I've contemplated doing one myself based of some of these shows but I've yet to tackle it :)

I've yet to have that problem. My issues is being motivated to write. Or having too many ideas and not being able to focus on just one.

If they are in the household I like to keep up with them. Once they are out of the house I don't feel it necessary to spend much time on them.

I'd be fine with that. But I think a few of these ladies had mentioned coming back so I don't know if we would be too overwhelmed if they came back.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited March 2017
    @Sterretjeee I would be up for some rules. If we take just one story per writer I would take Angel in the darkness since it feels like my amazons are loosing readers nether the less (and it is very long to catch up). I also need to do a bit catchig up but I will manage that. I am a quick reader ;)

@Maladi777 interesting to hear that you are into all of these science fiction things (why am I wondering? You told me already!) I read once kind like a story like this here on the forum but it is discontinued already for months …

@Sterretjeee I like bending the rules as well and yes they often make the best ideas ;)

@TheGeekGamez I would love to read more fantasy as well and I might right one myself once. Not sure now though but with the new CCs of the last days I just got such a big with to do so!

(talking to myself: No first finish Sucker for pain and your amazons. You are not allowed to start something new till then.)

I am open for making the new banner. Just need all the simselves ;)

I think it would be great to have a real good crime series as sim-lit. That could be so much fun! Imagine all the readers shipping characters and guessing who the murderer was :)

I think it could also help to have a casting call. You get new ideas and characters with it. Of course listening to music and watching films or reading is helping too.

For me it is important and if it is just through a family tree. I always love to see how the other characters developed without being the main character. They are mostly just mentioned namely in my stories.
    @swcheppes I don't think it would be a problem when they come back. I just hope to keep our circle alive or I fear I will switch back to spam @Maladi777 with everything (still doing it but not that much anymore) :D

We could also make a new thread where we invite the new members so that we have two circles. All current active members will stay in both circles and when the others come back they don't need to join the other circle and just continue here.
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Glad to see some activity here. As for new members - I would love to see new people here, but I am already struggling with staying caught up, even with half the members inactive. So I would really prefer people with only one active story :smile:

And my question for today: How do you screenshot parties to make them look like actual fun and not like a bunch of sims standing around?

Also, @Maladi777 I can't believe you're mentioning Mass Effect now! My story is actually on the mini-hiatus because I've discovered Mass Effect last week and I can't stop playing! It's possibly my favourite game ever! :lol:
    edited March 2017
    How do you screenshot parties to make them look like actual fun and not like a bunch of sims standing around?
    I usually set up clubs before starting screenshoting parties and such. That way the "guests" mostly do the activities I want them to do. I'm not using the Large Household Mod because I often go to CAS or manage household and don't want to lose any sims.

@CharmingMaruska I've been in love with the Mass Effect games since the first installment which I played about 10 times. The decisions you have to make have great impact and can cause death of your companions. Nothing beats the last scene from the first game for me. I've never felt so heroic playing a game. :D Can't buy Andromeda yet though for several reasons, the main being that I don't want it to distract me from writing. When I'm playing BioWare games such as ME or Dragon Age I tend to get obsessed with it for months. So I'll wait for when it's on sale and I'll stay faithful to Tony. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    OMG @Maladi777 @CharmingMaruska MASS EFFECT IS MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME SERIES OF ALL TIME

Sorry for screaming :joy: Carry on! :tongue: (I have Andromeda. It's fun but definitely a lot of graphics issues and nowhere near as good as the original games)
    snvAF3B.png
    OMG @Maladi777 @CharmingMaruska MASS EFFECT IS MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME SERIES OF ALL TIME

Sorry for screaming :joy: Carry on! :tongue: (I have Andromeda. It's fun but definitely a lot of graphics issues and nowhere near as good as the original games)

Mass Effect is definitely scream-worthy so no need to apologize. :smiley: It's sad that Andromeda is not as good as the previous games. The more reason for me to wait for a sale and not pay the full prize. Why is it not so good? Is the story not interesting enough or the combat is not what it used to be?
    heffners_orig.jpg