Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Generations...

Comments

• Options
    EzebitEzebit Posts: 39 Member
    I think they (toddlers) will be patch in... the EP will add the others life stages. I hope so
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    If they decide to bring back the imaginary friend characters, at least let me BUILD IT. Like in a "Create-A-Monster" :D
    Create your own Monster would be so cute. They could even use the Voidcritter idea to do this with.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I think a lot of the clothes and furniture from the kids stuff pack was aimed at preteens. So to me I don't think we will get them. But you never know x
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I really don't see the need for another Adult life stage (middle aged) -- they could make adjustments to the current Adult stage to reflect they're a bit older. What we need more is more definition of the age stages; what makes an Adult different than a Young Adult? Maybe Adults have an easier time getting job promotions since they're more "mature", or they have a harder time getting pregnant (more fails in Try for Baby) because sometimes older couples have trouble conceiving in Real Life. (Wouldn't have to be just the woman's fault -- if you have a Young Adult female married to an Adult male, maybe his "little swimmers" are a bit sluggish. :p )

Young Adults were originally a temporary life stage, solely for when Sims were at University in Sims 2. Sims 3 promoted them to a full life stage, but never really went into the difference between YA and Adult. And Sims 4 hasn't either. Adding a middle aged stage would just muddy the waters further. :/

I can justify pre-teens, though with Kids Room Stuff sort of allowing us to create our own pre-teens by letting the current children skew a bit older (I have twins in one game that are starting out with the base game furniture and decor until they finish their first aspiration, then they'll "grow into" the Kids Room Stuff for the second half of their child stage), we may not be getting them, at least not in Sims 4.

Feel confident that we'll get toddlers patched in, and hopefully some content that will help distinguish the age stages from each other -- unique interactions, behaviors and/or activities. I'd especially love a CAS filter so I can designate certain outfits as for a single age stage, at least for townies/NPCs because I'm tired of seeing Elder townies dressed like they're out of high school. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    And here we are. Still "patiently" waiting for toddlers :D
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I didn't think I'd like a middle-age and preschooler life stage but the pictures made me really want them. Wow. The preschoolers and toddlers are such cuties.
    But I feel like with 3 additional life stages, bringing the total to 9, it would be kind of lengthy? Imagine trying to play out several generations
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Or a kissing stand instead of a lemonade stand. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Now that thy have finished recycling Olympus there is a chance that you might see more Generations stuff at least next year.

The Kids SP was a good hint to go by ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The preteen stage seems pretty neat the more I think about it. Not middle age though. I'd rather use the makeup that add wrinkles to make sims look older.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    In my opinion, the more life stages the better. But i really only *need* toddlers. Anything besides that would be a bonus :wink:
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    i think they should include university with it

generations alone imo is not enough for an expansion pack especailly since they will likely give toddlers for free because the outrage that would come if you had to buy generations for them would likely break these forums
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    What the heck is that one between toddler and child? We don't need all those, toddlers are a MUST. Pre-teens would be amazing but not as much of a necessity as toddlers.

Its a pre-teen which has been asked for for a while. I honestly don't care about toddlers (although I would love to have them) as passionately as most on here, but that doesn't mean that I have a right to tell people what is worth wanting or not. So to say that we don't NEED all those is kind of rude to the OP. In my opinion we don't NEED toddlers (although I obviously want them), the point is most people want them and they are important to many, which is what counts......maybe pre-teens are important to the OP. I know several generational players have said they want pre-teens, revamped teens, and toddlers, not just one or the other.

• Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    I don't think we need that many life stages, they would end up just spending 1 or 2 sim days in it then aging up :neutral: What age range would you have for each group?
    Baby - 0-1
    Toddler 1-3
    PreSchool 3-4
    Child 4-8
    PreTeen 8-13
    Teen 13-18
    Young Adult 18-25
    Adult - 25-40
    Middle Aged 40-65
    Elder 65+

I think Pre School isn't really needed, possibly pre teen but even that I don't think is 100% necessary. Just my opinion though :)
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Now that Sims 4 devs have the chance to fix what they did back in the past, we are finally hoping they will make a generations ep.

1. Life stages-
    Banned_Story_canvas.png

Oh just wait and we'll see about that...

2. Gameplay/Features- Hopefully, they will bring back the pranks. Can we have something better than an imaginary friend? Something that is not a stuffed toy and we use with our actual minds? I miss prom night and graduation.

3. New items- Bunk beds, trampolines, pogo sticks, basketball or soccer, tag, catch the ball game, you know the basic things (swings would be nice to have back). It would be nice to have a lemonade stand or the bake sale stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCnC_5mdLW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXOwxMkcZd0

Just like the Sims 2 Freetime:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3_KBBwswg

I hope it will come soon. Sims team better be heading in the right direction with this...

yes yes yes..:))) except imaginary friends.. they still are too creepy for me;)) and pre-teens are not a necessity for me.. would love to see toddlers though...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Hyeion wrote: »
    @BrattonMatton I found the Male version. I think these were mentioned in threads before.
    KZF2GHT.jpg

This is so cool! This right here is what the sims 4 should have been about @SimGuruDrake

love the middle aged option:)))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nny1Du93z9o
    Toddlers would look and act like this

While preschoolers or simply young children would act and look like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PWzNjT_pM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pgkP2Vb9XM
    And here from 19:29 to 19:42.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1qnSz4m-QA
    f67923faa18bddecc22d56471234c6b6.jpg

tumblr_o9deu3imnQ1ujuy8xo2_r1_500.png
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo1_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo2_r1_1280.jpg

Concept art for toddlers...

Concept for preschoolers
    nyexcuse1001.jpg
    Boy in red hoodie
    e87a31e13821ea39ebf7e26010d26309.jpg
    8b8269d036d667b3e67a0a10a9e72096.jpg

Ageing- toddler, child, preteen, teen
    tumblr_o6k03hQVP61ujuy8xo1_500.png

toddler, preschooler, preteen, child, teen, adult, and elder
    Agess_zps67dbc95d.png

toddler, preschooler, child, preteen, teen
    2dbus1u.jpg\

To me, I want preschoolers to resemble these Japanese anime-looking 5-year-old mannquin girls.
    20130201_19027.jpg

Cute clothes, super shiny hair, big and sparkly eyes, lanky bodies (long limbs and necks if they are skinny)

@SimGuruGraham @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruDrake (Sorry to bug ya'll :) )

Omg kawaii desu shugoi preschooler
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I say the more age-stages, the better. So yes to preschoolers, preteens and middle aged. This would be a dream come true for me.
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    I am one of those people who think the more the life stages the better... Infants, toddlers, preschooler, children, preteens, young teens, older teens, young adults, adults, middle aged, elders.... I would love to have all of them in my game :smiley:

But yeah, we only absolutely need toddlers...and propably a stage between child and teen
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2016
    I prefer quality over quantity myself. The only stages that I really miss are the toddlers and the traditional Sim teen that was visually distinguished by being a smaller than the adults.

Since the mission statement of this iteration seems to be "Simplify, simplify, simplify. If we can't, Cut it!", too many life stages would mean that they would become generic with less room for differentiation. With only toddlers and/or pre-teens (traditional teens) added, the programmers, hopefully, could devote more time to making each stage unique.

By adding a salt and pepper swatch to each of the game hairs, it would be easier for players to simulate middle age; there needs to be more of a visual transition from adult to elder. Otherwise, I'm not sure how many actual interactions there could be that would distinguish middle age from the other stages. IMO, a lot of that stuff would organically come from gameplay as the children of middle-aged Sims start to age up. Parents would have more free time for activities separate from child-rearing. Likewise there would naturally be less focus on work as middle-aged Sims reached the top of their careers. Gameplay would automatically open up and change without a need for hard-coded programming.

Whatever happens, a Generations EP should include unique animations and interactions for each stage. Please, no more perpetually recycled animations for everything. The life stages should also have different focuses. Every stage of life should have its own goals, concerns, and preparations for the run up to the next stage.

In the end, whatever the devs come up with, I hope that it is detailed, well-executed, and created with genuine love and memories of family life and growing up. I
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I usually treat...

YA as 20-40ish - Lively and spontaneous, spends time with friends made in teen years/new friends/partner, optimistic, getting started in life (careers/finding love/starting family in later half of YA).

Adults as 40-60ish (middle aged?) - More settled into routine, spends more time with family and with old friends families, a few job levels under their belt, perhaps more cynical/realistic, looking more mature/tired/starting to grey.

Elder as 60+ - Continuing working if they enjoy their job, retiring if they don't. Perhaps they have "Professional Slacker" trait by now and only work casually (when they feel like it). Maybe take up a new hobby, or spend more time doing a current one. Once they hit the minimum number of elder days they might retire and take it easy, spending time with loved ones before their time is over.
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nny1Du93z9o
    Toddlers would look and act like this

While preschoolers or simply young children would act and look like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PWzNjT_pM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pgkP2Vb9XM
    And here from 19:29 to 19:42.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1qnSz4m-QA
    f67923faa18bddecc22d56471234c6b6.jpg

tumblr_o9deu3imnQ1ujuy8xo2_r1_500.png
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo1_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo2_r1_1280.jpg

Concept art for toddlers...

Concept for preschoolers
    nyexcuse1001.jpg
    Boy in red hoodie
    e87a31e13821ea39ebf7e26010d26309.jpg
    8b8269d036d667b3e67a0a10a9e72096.jpg

Ageing- toddler, child, preteen, teen
    tumblr_o6k03hQVP61ujuy8xo1_500.png

toddler, preschooler, preteen, child, teen, adult, and elder
    Agess_zps67dbc95d.png

toddler, preschooler, child, preteen, teen
    2dbus1u.jpg\

To me, I want preschoolers to resemble these Japanese anime-looking 5-year-old mannquin girls.
    20130201_19027.jpg

Cute clothes, super shiny hair, big and sparkly eyes, lanky bodies (long limbs and necks if they are skinny)

@SimGuruGraham @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruDrake (Sorry to bug ya'll :) )

Omg kawaii desu shugoi preschooler

Lol so kawaii XD
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Or a kissing stand instead of a lemonade stand. :)

Omg the kissing! YASSSS!

13szkskanl.jpg
    21-Funny-Kissing-Booth-Ideas-For-Your-Wedding21.jpg
    21-Funny-Kissing-Booth-Ideas-For-Your-Wedding5.jpg
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I want toddlers and preteens so bad. Omg Anyway a generation ep would be so awesome because it would expand on all of the life stages. I hope a sims 4 generation is just as good or better than the one in ts3. Generations was one of my favorite ep for ts3 and I hope it can be for ts4. :)
  • Options
    I want toddlers and preteens so bad. Omg Anyway a generation ep would be so awesome because it would expand on all of the life stages. I hope a sims 4 generation is just as good or better than the one in ts3. Generations was one of my favorite ep for ts3 and I hope it can be for ts4. :)

Yes! I also liked Dreamie's idea from here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783890/sims-4-ideas-for-a-generations-ep/p1

I'm not sure if toddlers will return. But I thought I'd type this before I forget. I know that there's a chance we might not get toddlers in TS4, but if we do, I think they should be alot better then the past tots. With the new emotions systems it feels like there's soo much possibility for them, So i'm just jotting down my ideas. Other simmers feel free to add your ideas too. Anyone against these ideas..well i guess you could ignore it, but I also don't mind you stating your opinion as well, it's the forum after all lol.

Family/Generations like EP

I'll start of my ideas for toddlers if they make a comeback. Here's the Type of Toddler Aspirations that would be nice:

"Little Monsters"
    These little ones would be the hardest of the bunch to raise. Lot's of educational programs(that should be added!),time, patience, love and care will be needed for this rambunctious tot. Their likely to brake many things around the house and don't mind showing you that they're the true boss in the house! Warning: Sometimes "Scolding" could cause the tot to get the "tantrum" emotion, so watch out!!!! These little ones usually grow up to be rambunctious or evil sims (i'll add some more traits later).

Aspirations:
    "Bundle of Evil": Show those giants whose boss! Cause as much mayhem as possible and see how they like it when they're toys are taken from them.

The Little Einsteins:
    Growing smarter everyday. These tots are born to excel and absorb everything learning like a sponge! Educational programs as well as other educational toys make this toddler the happiest. However it tends to get bored rather quickly, so be sure to keep it's mind occupied. Toddlers like these grow up to be Geniuses, Music Lovers,Geeks, and Creative.

Aspirations:
    "Super Baby": These are the best years of knowledge they say. Why not take advantage of that? Watch educational programs on t.v, use the number/letter charts, and other educational objects to help you absorb enough knowledge to be the best of the best. Don't forget to go to Preschool!
    "The Next Picasso": Even the great Picasso had started somewhere. Master the art of finger-painting, color in coloring books and you'll be one more big step from achieving your dreams!

Little Angels
    The less likely to cause trouble. These little ones are happy when their parents or family is happy with them. Give them plenty of praise for their milestones and their emotion will almost always be very happy, but sometimes will change to "Perfection". Their also great little helpers around the house too. Joining in activities (be it chores or fun), these little ones want to help! These little ones are likely to grow up to be Good, Perfectionist, Proper (umm if we ever get that trait).
    Aspirations Ideas (like others have said, there should only be one)
    "Mommy/Daddy's Little Helper": Even big people need help! Let them know by helping them with cooking, cleaning and other things. Who knows, you might learn something!
    "The Proper Toddler": Who says a toddler can't be clean or be quiet half of the time? Watch the child etiquette program on t.v and continue to get good behavior notes at preschool to achieve this!
    Little Adventurer
    Now that these little guys are out of their crib, their ready to explore the mysteriously big world around them. However, They're most likely to find many hidden items that they're family hasn't seen before. Like random simeloans in the couch or gems/flowers around the house. These tots are most likely to grow up to be Adventurers or Gatherers.

Aspirations Ideas:
    "Mini Pirate": Arrgh! they're be lots of treasure out there for a miniature buccaneer! Collect and find many different kinds of gems to impress the even the greatest of pirates!
    "Souvenir Collector": What does this do-hicky do? What about this thing-a-ma-jig? There's alot of objects that the other inhabitants of the house might not be able to get to since their too big. But with your size and imagination, you can find just about the rarest objects in the house! Try to find many different things and discover what they are! Maybe the large ones can decipher it's mystery.

As you could probably tell from above I thought of some new feature ideas. New things for kids channels that would help both toddler and child (and maybe if we get pre-teen now lol).

TV Program Ideas
    Princess Penelope and Prince Peter's Charm School: This channel would raises the etiquette skill. As well as Charisma.
    The Adventure of Dino-Boy: This would raise their "Mischief" and Motor Skill (still thinking of a better name for Mischief).
    Professor Llama's Preschool At Home: This can raise Logic
    Bunni's Art and Music: This can raise Painting and the baby drums.
    Pirates in Training: this would raise the "Gather" skill

New Skills Ideas: (please note, these are just ideas, i'm not for sure if their possible)
    Mischief Mischief for toddlers I meant lol
    Etiquette
    Gather
    Baby Drums
    Preschool:
    Yep! You can ship the little ones off to finally learn more then going to the potty. As a matter of fact, the school can provide tutelage in those major milestones if the parent has a busy schedule, though it might cost you extra! Beyond that Preschool toddlers can learn Etiquette, Charisma, Logic, Painting, and Motor, and Baby Drums skill.

Instead of the "grades" they'll soon learn to love/hate as children, Preschool grades are determined by the teacher's day review note home. The review will be divided, one part for educational and the other behavior.

Educational Review
    Brilliant: "You daughter Emily is phenomenal in school! She's learning things at a very high pace. Might I suggest a gifted school?"
    Excellent Review: "Emily is doing very well in school, with a little more teachings, she could excel beyond highschool!"
    Good Review: "Emily has certainly improved. She's finally getting better at coloring in those lines! Perhaps she
    Okay: "Emily is learning things at a fairly normal pace. Remember every child learns at a different pace, so we'll work to help her understand."
    Bad: "Emily is having a tough time learning things. We'll try to teach her, but as her parents/family, we hope you do your part too!"
    Awful: "Emily has very tough time learning anything. We desperately need her family to help out in her educational development."

Behavior Review
    Brilliant: "Your toddler is outstanding in class! She sits quietly during storytime and she always shares her toys with the other children, A true little angel! "
    Excellent: "I'm quite surprised with your Toddler! She's the only child in my class who actually wants to help me pass out the baby carrots around the class!"
    Good: "Emily is doing very well, she's starting to learn how to be patient, and that she can't always have her way. I'm glad we're making progress."
    Okay: "Emily has started to listen to us. However sometimes she doesn't. Her family needs to help teach her more manners"
    Bad: "Emily is becoming quite a burden of the class. She's doesn't like to share at all and refuses to listen to us."
    Awful: "Your child is a Little Monster!! We have no idea how to handle her! Not only doesn't she listen to us, she also causes havoc among the preschool, breaking everything (which we hope you'll be paying for!!) and putting play-doe in her classmates hair. Get Help or The Social Worker!"

(^please note: that last pharse is meant to be only a world play, but it would be funny if that happened in game xD)

Toddler Homework Idea:
    -Tots bring a book home to practice writing their letters/numbers.

Object Ideas:
    an Abc Chart (great for charisma/social)
    a Number Chart (good for logic)
    Coloring Book (good for both toddlers and children in creativity skill)
    Educational Dolls (like umm Mr. Smarty bear is what i thought of for the logic skill).
    Miss Tea Potts tea table (this toy will help children and toddlers raise the etiquette skill)
    Many baby safe things for the house!
    Toddler Beds
    Miss Tea Potts tea table for teen- elder (cause tea time should be for everyone!)

New Interactions Ideas:
    Family members child and up can hold the toddler's hand while walking (once it has the ability to walk). It should come in handy at community lots.
    Toddlers can climb upon furniture.
    Toddlers also have the ability to break certain objects like computers, lamps or decor.
    Kids and Teens would have the ability to egg their neighbors houses. Or throw toilet paper and water balloons around the place.
    Kids can tease their toddler siblings. While Teens can tease their children siblings (like saying "Your ADOPTED!!" lol)
    Toddlers can also annoy their older siblings (like step on their foot or steal their stuff).
    Kids can steal their older siblings diaries and find out their deepest darkest secret.
    Kids and teens can get detention.(I've never seen this in the base, u_u i tried to make the worst student ever and....nothing)
    Toddlers can find hidden/random items around the house. They can also find gems and flowers.
    Toddlers can have tantrums which can result in their mood going to "angry" and would result in them really wanting to cause more trouble.
    The playpen and Walker could make a return. Oh and the Toddlers can sometimes if the toddler is mischievous or adventurous, they have the interaction to climb out of the playpen xD
    Teens and kids can have diaries/journals.
    Toddlers can help their family out while preparing a meal and by cooking. They can also gain a cooking skill by doing so.
    Families can help teach their toddlers by showing them how to clean up. They'll gain a neat skill and next time they may think twice before touching the toilet lol
    Parents can ground, scold, praise, and congratulate all kid-like stages (toddler - teen).
    Parents can put their toddler or child into "time out" however this can have either result good or bad effects.
    Toddlers have social interactions with other toddlers.
    Kids can feed their toddler siblings tiny carrots or sliced apples. A handy little snack until mommy and daddy get home.
    Kids and Teens can influence and teach toddlers certain tricks, like whistling, snapping, or fart noises (lol my cousin thought of that)
    Brides can use "Throw bouquet" interaction after their wedding (it should be rather funny to see all of those brides maids/adult female guests jumping after it xD)

Little Feature Ideas
    Some toddlers are faster walkers and can use the interaction "run" interaction. Parents can chase their toddler around as family play. But sometimes they'll run if their also in trouble lol.
    Other toddlers are well gifted in talking and can use a "Long conversation" interaction which would give the other sim a "Where's the Mute Button?" Moodlet.
    Private School Return
    Elders are handy with knitting and can create special clothes for toddlers-adults. The clothes will give a "Grandma's Love" moodlet.
    A New career/service called "Photographer". and could come over the how and take a family picture for the family :D and allow them to hang the picture on the wall.
    A Match Making Service.

Supernatural/Life-State: Tooth Fairy!
    Those baby teeth won't stay in for long. And that's where the tooth fairy comes in! Everynight when your little one is fast asleep,

The Parenting System
    Okay, So the preschool can't do everything for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. There will obviously be some values in life that you will have to teach your child yourself. However, since your the parent, it's up to you to decide on how to raise your toddler. Praising your toddler when they learn how to walk and talk, and for helping you in the kitchen will aspire them to continue to do those things and become good children, smart children. However Praising them for smashing,breaking, biting, running around when they shouldn't will inspire them to also..to go into the destruction child xD. To prevent one or the other, simply scold them if their doing something you don't want them to do. You can also influence them to help you harvest items, maybe even help out with gardening,show them many objects that are probably mysterious to their eyes. these are good values for a Little Adventurer. Finally if you introduce your child to educational items like: T.V Programs, Coloring books, educational dolls, Baby Drums, Abc/Number Charts, and your child will be on it's way to a Little Eisenstein. It's also possible to have a toddler with the mixture of all 4 types, so your free to raise your child in any way you'd like. However of course, Parenting doesn't stop there...it's only the beginning (literary), your toddlers will continue out their personality through childhood. And like preschool, an behavior review will be given for elementary students, however unlike preschool can have great benefits or pretty annoying consequences. Having an good behavior in school could allow children to learn some hidden skill, teachers will be less demanding when it comes to late homework, also sometimes prizes can be rewarded. Consequences for bad behavior would result in detention, and voluntary work for the school, as well as a possible suspension if it gets worse. These behavior reviews continue into teen years until they graduate. Please note ofcouse, their separate for your child-teen's 'actual' grades, however if your sim's 'bad' behavior continues after highschool, the college may think twice of omitting them, though if they're grades are good it's possible for them to make an exception (it would be awesome to make this a risky chance for those with 'bad' behavior but good grades, like 50/50 for the school to say yes or no).

Toddlers and Technology
    Almost every very very young child i've known has had a big fascination with technology objects lol. I'd find it amazing to see the toddlers have the decision to either try to press the keys/buttons on a computer/laptop(if we get those again) or smash the keys/buttons (if they're more mischievous xD)
    Little Helpers in the Kitchen
    This feature is great for bonding with your family. Toddlers & Kids can help their family prepare meals or help bake cooking and in result could gain cooking experience from it. Children can also mimic what they've learned with a Little Bake Oven.
    Bridesmaids & Groomsmen
    Okay, this is something i've been thinking about ever since I re-watched the original TS3: Generations trailer. I think the wedding ceremony setup in TS4 is beautiful. But i've been wondering...."what about the possibility of bridesmaids?" that would make the wedding a bit fun/funny in some ways. Allow the bride to pick her Bridesmaids' dresses and let those Bridesmaids show their feelings if they completely hate the dress xD.
    I Object/I'm not ready!!
    I can't begin to tell you how many of my sim stories I've made that i've had one of the sims' ex boyfriends/husbands/secret crushes stop their wedding. I think this interaction would be very very fun (um with a option to turn it off for those who don't want it lol). Also I think it would be good to have a "I'm just not ready" interaction for the bride and groom. and they'll have the option to either postpone the wedding or leave the sim at the alter.
    Dating Features:
    I Just got a random idea on dating. How about we add a few types of dates? The sim's traits would determine the type of date they prefer. It could also add some great restaurant lots in the game tooo.

-Club Date: Perfect for the social butterflies who love to be around people, even with their date lol
    -Fun Date: Who doesn't enjoy a trip to the bowling alley?
    -Cheap Date: some people just love the simple pleasures of a bowl of fries and old worn out chairs from your local food joint.
    -Fancy Date: Nothing but the best! Everything down to the napkin is quite expensive. However, there shouldn't be any price to be put over your date lol.
    Blind Date
    A Blind date would be perfect for simmers who don't know what to expect and for those looking for something fresh. Careful though, you never know what the Match-Makers could bring you!
    Parents Night Out
    A perfect restaurant for Parents trying to get away from being...well....parents for just one night xD.

Jobs

-Teacher
    It can be a hard, dangerous, yet rewarding job. Work your way up from Preschool monsters to the sleepy college students lol.

-Marriage Counselor
    Some people are just made for each-other. Then there's those who need a little help seeing why they fell in love in the first place...or why they aren't compatible at all. Help save marriages that are on the brink of divorce, or stop them and save them from another 50 years of misery! The Choice is yours!!!

-HomeMaker
    Bored with the daily 9-5? Want to be there for your children, without worrying of making it home before dinner or even bedtime? Well HomeMaker is the job for you! You can manage your house, children and get paid for doing things you finally should be given credit for!

Community College
    All that hard work from preshool to high school are finally going to pay off in a awesome way. After finally completing highschool, your sim will finally be able to advance their educations in a local college in their town (both willow creek and oasis springs could have one). Depending on how well you succeeded with your education between preschool and highschool would determine your level in college. Once gifted preschoolers might have a much higher level in college then those who had a tough time. Or if you were a late bloomer and excelled better in elementary you will also have a pretty high level. Average students have a fair start in community college and if they work hard, can catch up with their genius classmates. Students who didn't excel at all (or barley got out of college with awful grades), might have some trouble compared to the others, but just as the average students, there's still hope.

(Note: I don't think this would effect/conflict with a possible "University" like EP. As a matter of fact it would probably enhance it if their both installed. A simmer that graduated from community college, has a chance to advance their education at a university, and that would probably leave access to other jobs)

New Parties Ideas: (Some have already been suggested but just jotting down some)
    Baby Shower ( I think this would be a great addition especially with how great pregnancy is this go around)
    An Anniversary Party! (I miss these from the sims 2 and would love a better revamp version).
    Community Lot Idea:
    Retirement Village: A new sub neighborhood where elders can live in peace and away from the awful whiny noises of the world. Where they can enjoy golfing, gardening, fishing and other fun activities without worrying about someone's homework or the awful dreaded line "Am I in your will ma/pa?". There could also be some hidden features there too...perhaps a mysterious fountain of youth? :O
    A few age restricted lots?: This would allow mature adults to mingle with others of their own age. Or Young Adults with only YA. And let teens have their own hangout. even a learning center for children to study or have fun.

[*]Family Shopping Mall: Mom's old dress is loosing it's color, Dad's shoes have tooo many holes in them, and the kids are growing like weeds!! Never fear, the family shopping mall is coming to a neighborhood near you! Here you can buy more clothes for your whole family, along with getting their first haircut or many hair-styling. There's also fun for the whole family!
    - Family Salon for haircuts/hairstyles
    - Buy-able Clothes for All Ages (I wish it would be possible for babies...but i doubt it's possible)
    - hangout section for pre/teens
    - a playroom section for children and toddlers
    - a lovely lounge-ish like section for adults/YA

Pre-Teens
    The Socially Awkward stage full of many uncontrollable emotions. No longer a child, but not quite a teen...simply in-between! Their Aspirations are also unique from their in between stages as well.
    Princess Fashionista: Why wait for teen years to look your best? But then again why also throw away your princess dolls too? Why not have both?! Show those middle school-ers you can rock the latest teen fashions while still being able to keep up with the newest princess dolls,

Pre-teen Idol: It's never too soon to start your dreams! Practice your guitar, take some singing lessons, or start your own comedy
    Fairy-tale Love: "And Prince and his Princess lived happily ever after"...These Preteens feel that the fairy-tails they've been reading and watching since they were in diapers are totally true! And why wait for till they're old and gray to find their one true crush?

Suggestions from other simmers:
    Bridal Shower party
    Wedding Anniversary
    Return the old Sims 2 point system for personality, zodiac/horoscope.
    Good – Bad
    Sirius – playful
    Neat – messy
    Friendly – unfriendly
    More adult stage features (trying to think of some)
    Teens can help their parents fix cars (ummm perhaps an 'object' cars since we don't have actual cars? Like the one from roaring heights)
    Ring Bearer & Flower Girl for weddings
    Optional auto in-game pictures of the sim family members to be hanged over within the sim family house.
    Family Reunion as a Social Event for sim relatives (perhaps like how seasons' festival was?)
    Toys: Big Wheels, New Dolls, New Action Figures, Kitchen Set (one to boost Cooking skill ofcourse), Playhouse
    Add Pre-teens
  • Options

I had a weird dream about about toddlers and preschoolers and preteens last night. Funny story.

I had a dream about a preteen holding hands of a toddler and a preschooler and they were walking around the whole neighborhood. It was cute.