Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer the sims 3 or the sime 4?

I own both the sims 3 and 4 and ive played them. I still cant decide which one i like better. I love the graphics in the sims 3 especially on clothing and hairs. However I like the gameplay of the sims 4 better ( probably since i have all the expansion and game packs ). Which one do you like better?

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sims 3, even with all Eps in Sims 4 and all the packs it still leaves me feeling unfulfilled. I kiss what I have in Sims 3.

I do like the more modern style and clothes/ hair of Sims 4 though.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I prefer the Sims 3 all the day. I have all the EPs and all that for Sims 4, but I still miss CASt like crazy.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sims 3.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I own 1,2,3, and 4... have played them all of course. TS3 is my top favorite. Graphics, game play, open world, pretty much all of it I love. I own all packs.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    For right now its Sims 3
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    JBalJBal Posts: 74 Member
    Hands down The Sims 3 for me.
  • Options
    meredisumeredisu Posts: 112 Member
    I will say Sims 3. I haven't played 4 that much, bought the base game, was bored to tears, but I can't afford the other EPs and SPs, so I feel like its fine I don't have the EPs and SPs because I've heard those that didn't like the base game still didn't like the EPS.
    Simblr: meresimblr.tumblr.com
    <p><b>--Mere</b>
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Sims 3 all the way. Sims 3 for life ♥

I only have the base game for TS4, and I can only handle it in small doses or I get bored. The EP's don't sound like they make it that much better honestly, so meh not spending 40 bucks each to maybe make the game the slightest bit less (but still pretty) boring. I loved TS3 since the base game though, but I have most EP's and there's so much to do. I still find new things 7 years later (how has it been 7 years tho?!?!). I like the art style better in TS3. And I have CASt, open world, and toddlers that are all important to me. So TS3 wins easily.
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    I have Sims 1-4 (and all eps with Sims 1-3). I prefer TS3. There's so much gameplay, options and items. Even playing since 2009, I'm still discovering new things and seeing things I've never seen.

I have TS4 and a couple expansions but it just feels like it's missing so much. I'll wait a few years and hopefully it'll be fleshed out by then.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Why do you need to decide which one you like better? Play what you like and enjoy it! :):):)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love Sims 3 heavily Modded and with the entire collection installed though I don't own TS4 yet so I love TS3 more.I also love Sims 2 a lot even though it's an older game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Of those games, 3. I haven't touched 4 in months. My daughter (12) likes 4 the most.
    But, if you like them both, the play both. I go back and forth between 2&3 depending on my mood and have since 3 came out.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I like chocolate milk....

And TS1/2/3
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    The Sims 3, the only game that can keep me playing for more than 3 hours. :#
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    The Sims 3, the only game that can keep me playing for more than 3 hours. :#

Seriously I can sink a good 6+ hours if I have the free time. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 3 is the greatest Sims game every made :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 3. I hope one day I'll be able to answer Sims 5 here, with still a special little place for Sims 3 in my heart for memories' sake.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2016
    I have all Ts4 Expansions, game packs and stuff packs up until Kids stuff. And I feel just the opposite than the OP. I prefer Ts4's visuals but Ts3 gameplay wind hands down. There is so much to do! I can spend hours playing (whereas with Ts4 I get bored in 1-2 hours). And since I play the game for its gameplay value I prefer Ts3 all the way (if I wanted to play pretend with pretty looking dolls I could just borrow my counsin's barbie dolls lol)
  • Options
    jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    sims 2 and 3 i do the sims one to
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I find Sims 4 so shallow. I never feel part of the community & there is not enough family content. There are a bajillion things to do & ways to play Sims 3!
  • Options
    rachcook1991rachcook1991 Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2016
    the sims was my very 1st game i played 1/2/3/4 but i love the sims3 the most when my sims are busy at work or sleeping i like to go around town and see what other sims are doing and CAST is the best thing that ever happened i look at screenshots from all the games 1/2/4 i see the same ojects and interior design over.. and over but the sims 3 each screenshot is always different thx to CAST you can truly make it your own.. if you get what i mean
    so.. Woo!!!! for Sims3 <3
    Post edited by rachcook1991 on
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Sims 4 is beautiful in CAS but it's fun but it lacks something from Sims 3 and Sims 3 <3 always bring back good memories.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sims 3. I hope one day I'll be able to answer Sims 5 here, with still a special little place for Sims 3 in my heart for memories' sake.

Yes same as me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Definitely 3. I have 2 and 4, and while I hear 2 is amazing I just haven't been able to get into it. I'm so used to TS3.

I actually gave up TS3 when I got TS4, but then I got pretty bored and frustrated with TS4 and the amount of CC I had to DL just to make it and the sims, playable (For me). Went back to TS3 and never turned back.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    KaylieBreeannKaylieBreeann Posts: 12 New Member
    I toss around with this questions quite a lot also. But considering the fact that I am a family player and The Sims 4 does not feature toddlers or pets yet, The Sims 3 is preferable.