Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Difficulty building romantic relationships

I have started a fresh install and began with a single female. I decided I wanted her to date Marcus Flex. So I built up their friendship bar to probably around three quarters of the way before trying any romantic interactions. When I finally try and flirt, he rejected her. So I kept trying to build up the friendship bar further and try again but he was having none of it!

So I thought okay, maybe this just isn't meant to be. I went into CAS and created her a boyfriend before moving him in next door. I did the same with these two and the same happened again. Am I doing something wrong?

She's a romantic, family oriented, foodie and he is family oriented, nest and creative. So I don't think it's a trait conflict.

I've never had this level of difficulty in the past and can usually get romantic interactions to succeed when the friendship bar is much much lower. I've even tried setting up a club with just them in it where romantic interactions, kissing and woohoo with other members is encouraged and still nothing :D

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on how I can make them fall in love? :o

Comments

• NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Strange, what mood were they in? Try the "beguiling" trait from aspiration rewards. Also start off with easy interactions like "flirt" and "sexy pose" when they're both flirty.

I hope it works out for you! Strange problem you got..
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    yes this has happened to me lots of times!! cheating up the romance bar doesnt even work for me, so i kept trying for hours and then idk how, but it worked... so ya keep trying
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited July 2016
    Nette wrote: »
    Strange, what mood were they in? Try the "beguiling" trait from aspiration rewards. Also start off with easy interactions like "flirt" and "sexy pose" when they're both flirty.

I hope it works out for you! Strange problem you got..

At one point they were both flirty, which confused me even more :D I'll try and stick to flirt in future, but they don't even accept that. Thank you for the help! :)
    lejoninna wrote: »
    yes this has happened to me lots of times!! cheating up the romance bar doesnt even work for me, so i kept trying for hours and then idk how, but it worked... so ya keep trying

Glad to hear I'm not alone and I'm happy to hear that you worked it out in the end. I'll stick at it, thank you! :)

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2016
    Get her to play video games until she unlocks the impress with video game prowess interaction. I have never seen that fail. I think it is lvl 4ish.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    Get her to play video games until she unlocks the impress with video game prowess interaction. I have never seen that fail. I think it is lvl 4ish.

Thank you! I'll try that next time I go in game. I quit because it was frustrating :D

• sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    flirty paintings and sculptures help. Also when you unlock the ice bucket, that will help too.