Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamescom 2016

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    It's all speculation until EA decides it's time to drop the cloak and dagger act and say anything that actually means something. How long has it been since an EA employee residing outside the States has 'leaked' info? I suspect we will see another leak soon. And I have serious doubts about these little 'leaks' being innocent or beyond EA's control. They're actually becoming EA's method of choice when it comes to sharing news. It's a bit odd the leak hits the forums and then EA makes an announcement of some kind; denies the leak is valid and then announces a game or stuff pack that closely resembles what was contained in the info that was leaked. Gamescon isn't that far off so I am looking for another info drop from an EA employee, who is not based here in the states, a week or so before Gamescon begins. Especially when the event is being held in Europe.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I agree with you @Paigeisins5 I think the same way! Tired of them being so mysterious, its getting ridiculous!
    SGDrake said EPS could be shown in the teaser.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    EP3 will probebly be revealed in the next Teaser which would be September.

I don't know. They can announce EPs outside of their fiscal quarter, right ? Or maybe GT just so happened to still fit in there, not sure.

Not if there's associated free content. Plus that didn't really go so well last time they announced an EP super-early, so...

Anyway, it seems to me that these conferences are falling out of favor with game publishers as venues for announcements. When the pipeline through in-person official media isn't needed anymore, why pay extra to use it?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited July 2016
    Anyone know if EA has got an earnings meeting? Sometimes expansions are announced then.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I keep hearing EA will be there but they won't reveal EP3.

You mean there is no EP3 to reveal?

No I mean they won't be revealing EP 3 during Gamescom. Their working on it though.

We actually have no evidence that they are working on it. Are they probably working on something? yes, but what that is we have no idea. Since they haven't given us any hints I'm not sure we are going to know until October.

No I mean they won't be revealing EP 3 during Gamescom. Their working on it though.

We actually have no evidence that they are working on it. Are they probably working on something? yes, but what that is we have no idea. Since they haven't given us any hints I'm not sure we are going to know until October.

Well, we've been told there's an EP team. So unless they're working on something else, they're working on the next EP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    We don't know that nothing will be announced at Gamecom I haven't seen anything to confirm so why speculate .I'm sure EP3 is inthe works and could be ready any time who knows it's a waiting game at this point
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99

Well, we've been told there's an EP team. So unless they're working on something else, they're working on the next EP.

Yet we have heard nothing about it. We are nearing the end of the year. Not saying they aren't working on an EP, but we also have no real idea what is going on because we get nothing back from the teams. We only get a teaser that has so far not teased much for the end of the year. I honestly am questioning if we will get an EP at all this year. We might not.
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    We don't know that nothing will be announced at Gamecom I haven't seen anything to confirm so why speculate .I'm sure EP3 is inthe works and could be ready any time who knows it's a waiting game at this point

The reason people are saying they won't announce anything at gamescom is because they aren't doing a panel. They just have a booth with demos. I don't think any game company has ever announced anything without doing a panel.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    I think it is a smart move for EA not to do a presentation this year especially since people walked out on the last Sims 4 one with that embarrassing dancing. The bad press after that didn't do EA/Maxis' reputation any good. Do Simmers really want that repeated? LGR's review was more beneficial to Get Together than the presentation anyways.

What happened at the last one: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-05-ea-gamescom-2015-conference

"No. Please no. If this dancing on stage looks bad on the stream, I can assure it's even worse here. A few people just got up and left after that. I can't really blame them. ONWARDS."

So very bad sign that people had to leave during that presentation. I think marketing needs to be worked on before attempting another Gamescom presentation after that. Not like there is an EP to announce for Gamescom again anyways, so what is the point.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Yet we have heard nothing about it. We are nearing the end of the year. Not saying they aren't working on an EP, but we also have no real idea what is going on because we get nothing back from the teams. We only get a teaser that has so far not teased much for the end of the year. I honestly am questioning if we will get an EP at all this year. We might not.

They can't talk about October-December until October 1. I don't see why there's reason to think we won't get new info then, and I see every marketing-based reason to think it would be for an EP, because they're the best thing to put out for holiday sales, as they can be purchased in a box in a store. Teasers are for the quarter they begin; the July one couldn't cover to the end of the year.

They can't talk about October-December until October 1. I don't see why there's reason to think we won't get new info then, and I see every marketing-based reason to think it would be for an EP, because they're the best thing to put out for holiday sales, as they can be purchased in a box in a store. Teasers are for the quarter they begin; the July one couldn't cover to the end of the year.

Which is precisely what I said. We won't know really anything until October. My point is we shouldn't be getting our hopes up as so far they haven't really been great at telling us what to expect. I mean the fact we ended up getting two stuff packs in like what? 4 weeks? Is indicative of that.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The excuse for not sharing news about an EP has been the release of free content that will come just before an Ep's release? We don't care about the free content that comes in the form of a patch. We would like to know about content we are willing to pay for, if that ever happens. If this next EP is being held back so it's release coincides with holiday sales, fine. Just say so. Stop acting as if saying anything about it will knock the planet off it's axis or cause a zombie apocalypse. If I treated my clients the way EA is treating the fans, I would not have a business to run. If I allowed an upgraded or repaired computer to leave my shop in anything other than tip top shape, then dragged my feet about getting that PC in working order straight away, I would not have a business. Customer satisfaction is my number one priority. Always. The Sims might be just a game, but we have the right to expect honesty and open communication because we paid money for the honor of playing this game. A little customer appreciation from EA would be nice. Four million people have purchased TS4, according to EA's stats. I have to wonder how many of those four million customers are feeling let down or angry right now. That is a lot of bad PR to repair.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

SimGuruDaniel confirmed last year that EP3 had started Development.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sony, Microsoft, and EA are not doing a conference at Gamescom but they have already confirmed they will be on the Gamescom floor with their booth and demoing their games - so there will not be any announcements from EA. It is in the Gamescom news. I guess EA said all they were going to say for the June Conference they held and had nothing new to add, which of course never mentioned the Sims 4 as i watched that whole Conference.
    If I remember right EA has done that before at Gamescom.

Not really sure - but don't recall them not having a Press Conference before - although I know Sony opted out before though.
    I vaguely remember EA being at Gamescom back during TS3 days, but didn't hold a press conference while they were there.

Yes but back then it was mainly to show already announced content. And they did live streams.

Sony, Microsoft, and EA are not doing a conference at Gamescom but they have already confirmed they will be on the Gamescom floor with their booth and demoing their games - so there will not be any announcements from EA. It is in the Gamescom news. I guess EA said all they were going to say for the June Conference they held and had nothing new to add, which of course never mentioned the Sims 4 as i watched that whole Conference.
    If I remember right EA has done that before at Gamescom.

Not really sure - but don't recall them not having a Press Conference before - although I know Sony opted out before though.
    I vaguely remember EA being at Gamescom back during TS3 days, but didn't hold a press conference while they were there.

Yes but back then it was mainly to show already announced content. And they did live streams.

2011 was the year no conference
    I'm fairly certain that StilleWater is correct, EA didn't hold a conference at Gamescom in 2011.

I hope they announce more stuff packs
    tumblr_n7opzaDnjP1svi3flo1_500.gif

Unfortuanly I don't know if we'll get another stuffpack this year. With nothing in August in September and a possible expansion in October it would have to be in October to December depending on EP 3. I think Gamepack 4 is more likely this Fall or Winter then another Stuffpack.
    edited July 2016

Unfortuanly I don't know if we'll get another stuffpack this year. With nothing in August in September and a possible expansion in October it would have to be in October to December depending on EP 3. I think Gamepack 4 is more likely this Fall or Winter then another Stuffpack.
    Honestly there have been 4 SPs already like there were last year. I much rather see larger packs get released for the rest of the year. I've never been a fan of stuff packs personally. I take a pack with more gameplay anyday especially with how lacking life states are in this iteration. Plus Simmers need more room anyways and SPs never bring in any new hoods. If anything the Twitch streams have proven is that Simmers want the bigger themes done next which do not fit into tiny SPs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Put it like this, The Sims won't be at Gamescom.

They'll be there but they won't be announcing anything new -- just featuring what we have. When you consider there's been an EP (Get Together), a GP (Dine Out) and numerous SPs since the last Gamescom, they've got a lot to show off. After last Gamescom where we ended up with about 3 months to complain about Get Together, they're probably cutting back on the amount of lead time between announcement and release. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited July 2016
    Scobre wrote: »

Honestly there have been 4 SPs already like there were last year. I much rather see larger packs get released for the rest of the year. I've never been a fan of stuff packs personally. I take a pack with more gameplay anyday especially with how lacking life states are in this iteration. Plus Simmers need more room anyways and SPs never bring in any new hoods. If anything the Twitch streams have proven is that Simmers want the bigger themes done next which do not fit into tiny SPs.

That's true but I'm still hoping to see a stuffpack this year on bedroom/bathroom,weddings or pools. The first we're really in need of.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If nothing is announced in August, that will mean no EP in October and November.
    The next and last possible announcement will be in October with the quarter teaser.

Not necessarily -- they could announce end of August and release it end of September or even early October. It's only free content that has to be released the same quarter it's teased -- and they could give us a second teaser for free content in September.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

That's true but I'm still hoping to see a stuffpack this year on bedroom/bathroom,weddings or pools. The first we're really in need of.
    Maybe they'll save them for next year for Valentine's day and next summer? Cool ideas.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Which is precisely what I said. We won't know really anything until October. My point is we shouldn't be getting our hopes up as so far they haven't really been great at telling us what to expect. I mean the fact we ended up getting two stuff packs in like what? 4 weeks? Is indicative of that.

In the meantime, can we invent time travel?
    Gallery ID: babysquare