Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Extra Creative" Reward Affects Offspring??

I recently had a legacy founder purchase the Extra Creative Reward and it started boosting her painting values started jumping randomly between ~100 simoleons each to 900+ each. When the heir got old enough to start painting, WITHOUT the reward, the same happened to his paintings at skill level 3! Is this normal or is it a glitch? I don't think I've ever had it happen before, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention? It's kind of cool but also feels a little cheat-y.

Comments

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Does the offspring have the artistic trait and or perfectionist trait ?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    When he was a toddler, did anyone read any books to him? If they did, that could be the reason for the extra boost in his skills. I discovered this with one of mine a while back. She had a very good mother, who loved to read books to her daughter, and when she was old enough to start working on her skills, some of her skills had been boosted up by three skill points.
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    @MemoriiValentine Nope! Just Excitable, Friendly, and Clumsy at the time it started happening. He now also has Computer Whiz, which also shouldn't affect it.

@LaBlue0314 He had all of the toddler skill books read to him, yes. But I have done so before with other sim families and the same has not happened. As far as I know, it just boosts the painting skill to 3 as soon as they start painting. The value of the paintings they make is still in proportion to the skill level (which, at skill level 3, isn't usually that high.)

I only have the base game, and I have no CC. His mother is from CAS and his father is the premade ghost Tragic Clown.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    So, here is what I think. Ghosts that paint have their painting values increased as if they had died, because well, they are dead. If his dad is a ghost he might have inherited the ghostly bonus. Ghost painters are the best.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If you have NRAAS Master Controller mod installed you could check to see if your sim has any hidden traits. They can inherit hidden traits from parents. This includes having a parent of a different occult type or in a specific career.
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    @Minx That makes sense. I haven't played ghosts much before so it didn't really occur to me. Thanks!

@Karritz I don't have any mods installed, but thank you. I knew about hidden traits but not the raised painting values for ghosts.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2016
    Minx wrote: »
    So, here is what I think. Ghosts that paint have their painting values increased as if they had died, because well, they are dead. If his dad is a ghost he might have inherited the ghostly bonus. Ghost painters are the best.

this is hilarious :smiley:

looks like i should implement aa ghostly painter into my Midnight Hollow game

does this happen to all dead artists ? musicians, sculptors & writers too ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I have no idea about that. I just know its for painters.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I find the best time to paint is after se.... woo hoo! ;)
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Minx wrote: »

this is hilarious :smiley:

looks like i should implement aa ghostly painter into my Midnight Hollow game

does this happen to all dead artists ? musicians, sculptors & writers too ?

I'm pretty sure it only applies to paintings, as musicians don't produce items, writers books dont change in value, they just give royalty payments, which can be inherited.

Sculptures MIGHT go up in value, but not as far as I know.