Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crash possible bug with pregnant sim

My game is usually very stable but last night I had two crashes where the game just flicked off the screen completely and had to be reloaded.

Both times, I was in a house with a pregnant sim and I was trying to access the menu to turn ageing back on. Luckily for me, I had saved just before it happened. The crashes happened in two separate houses but were within half an hour or so of each other - yes, I have a fertile neighbourhood.

I do use mods (which are kept up to date) and my next step would have been to try removing my mods folder but as soon as the last baby was born, I was able to access the menu without a problem.

So, not sure if it was just one of those things (twice in a row) or somehow tied to pregnant sims but I suggest saving first in case anyone else has this problem.

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Figwit wrote: »
    My game is usually very stable but last night I had two crashes where the game just flicked off the screen completely and had to be reloaded.

Both times, I was in a house with a pregnant sim and I was trying to access the menu to turn ageing back on. Luckily for me, I had saved just before it happened. The crashes happened in two separate houses but were within half an hour or so of each other - yes, I have a fertile neighbourhood.

I do use mods (which are kept up to date) and my next step would have been to try removing my mods folder but as soon as the last baby was born, I was able to access the menu without a problem.

So, not sure if it was just one of those things (twice in a row) or somehow tied to pregnant sims but I suggest saving first in case anyone else has this problem.

This is a nice idea and maybe it was just a temporary bug or glitch during the time of the pregnant sim or a bug or glitch with the baby. Saving is a good idea and I heard there mods which auto save as well.

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member

Hey Figwit :)

That's interesting, is it still happening?

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    No more babies to test it on yet @BluebellFlora. I will certainly post if I get further proof and even if I find that it is not connected at all.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Well I just tried turning ageing on with a pregnant sim and nothing happened. All was well. So much for my theory. The crashes I had must have been just one of those things.

I will just go wipe the egg off my face now. :*
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Well I just tried turning ageing on with a pregnant sim and nothing happened. All was well. So much for my theory. The crashes I had must have been just one of those things.

I will just go wipe the egg off my face now. :*

Lol, all info is useful info :)

apple-signature.png