Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think it would be good to have funerals in the sims 4

it would give all there friends a chance to morn and you could win a reward for a good farewell
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    what do you guys think of course it would be optional
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would at least want a wake like we had in TS3. But then these Sims would have to remember and find out someone died on a different lot and or even their own lot. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    well thats life
  • Options
    well thats life

I meant these Sims don't even know their loved one died on a different lot and neither do we. We don't even get a notification to get the urn. The body is culled if we were not there to see it. It's lame and they would have to change that stuff first.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    well that could be included
  • Options
    well I think they fix some of it all ready when my sim die off lot I got a notification and was told where the urn was
  • Options
    well I think they fix some of it all ready when my sim die off lot I got a notification and was told where the urn was

Really, because it's been about two months and I didn't but that's good to know.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    But that's far too hard for my poor simgurus... aww my poor booboos!

• Options
    I also think it would be nice if they added wheelchairs not everyone can walk
  • Options
    and broken legs and arms would be good it would give the doctors more to do and you could win the brake a leg award
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    We did have funeral 'parties' (I called them wakes) in TS3 but in this version I don't think the Sims care much. We don't have cemeteries either.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I used to like cemetaries. I haven't played Sims3 for years but wasn't there a vampire lounge or bar under one? That would be a good place to have a wake. They would be a good addition to a Supernatural pack for Sims4.
  • Options
    yes it would
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I used to like cemetaries. I haven't played Sims3 for years but wasn't there a vampire lounge or bar under one? That would be a good place to have a wake. They would be a good addition to a Supernatural pack for Sims4.

I'm not sure we're going to have Supernaturals this time around either.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Really, because it's been about two months and I didn't but that's good to know.

Yeah, I could've used something like that, lol. My Sim just died while I was playing another household, and I have no idea where his urn is, or if he even has one :-/

I think a funeral/wake is a great idea. Maybe it could also be a way to inform everyone of a sim's death, like it could be programmed to trigger their death reactions in case they missed the actual death, :-P
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Not I. lol. The little gathering Sims have in the vicinity when a Sim dies while the Grim reaper does his thing is enough for me. They are sad for days afterwards. That's annoying. However the thought of how a "give eulogy" interaction might work - one Sim giving this dramatic speech and everybody crying - that would be pretty funny.
  • Options
    Rachel8064Rachel8064 Posts: 40 Member
    I want a cemetery. I haven't played Sims 3 or any of the EP's. It would be cool to have cemeteries, vampires, werewolfs, possessed beings, anything really creepy. Also, are there any events that Maxis does for specific holidays. Like on Halloween the world turns dark and eerie the whole day. That would be fun IMO.
    Don't trust a song that's flawless
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would, And i would like Coffins too

I built a crypt like this, and I really want my sim to place flowers on a loved one's coffin
    640?cb=20130323152022

that and to create secret passages

tumblr_inline_nhpu4dDlS61r5nlfn.png
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    I think an optional funeral would be nice either as an invited event or an event you could hold because it just seems weird if like your parent/kid/friend/sibling died and you were just like meh unless you witnessed the death. Maybe evil/mean/enemies sims can laugh and make jokes or be mean at a funeral or during a eulogy , then a cheerful sim may make a cheerful eulogy or bring up nice memories. I know we can make cemeteries ourselves but it would be nice if there was a designated lot for graves and an option of keeping it on your property or the cemetery , if we aren't going to have supernaturals then cemeteries seem fitting for Generations since funerals are generally a family event.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The option of a wake, after your sim dies, but before grim takes them away, could lead to interesting opportunities

A wake where you can really wake the dead. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member
    I have been saying this since the beginning of sims 4 lol. The funerals were nice in sims 3. Especially if it is a loved one. Last night my sim Larissa's mother died and I did not know it until her mother invited her the restaurant. The cemeteries were a nice touch and having a burial of your family members would be cool too. Also adding the feature to sit at a grave and talk or reflect on old times would be neat.
  • Options
    AudGirl9000AudGirl9000 Posts: 45 Member

Really? How did that work out? I'm curious b/c in TS3 we just had to go to the crypt in the cemetery to pick up the remains. Do you just go to that place and put it in your Sim's inventory?

I did recently build my own graveyard, though, b/c my Sims obsess over remains. My Origin ID is SailorDrew and same for my YouTube channel, if you want to check it out.

Funerals would be so nice to have, but I think it falls into too real for EA (I think I even saw an article where they commented on trying to find that fine line). They want to immolate life, but they're afraid of crossing over into really sensitive topics, which I get. I've just had 2 really important and close people to me die w/in 6 months of one another and even making this little dinky graveyard made me a little misty-eyed. :(

Baby showers would also be nice. :)
    2i796r4.jpg

SailorDrew on Youtube || Origin & Steam ID: SailorDrew || Recent Project: Save Money on Sims 4
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited July 2016
    Maybe when a Sim dies, after Grim reaps the soul out, player can click on the dead sim and select "perform ritual ceremony". Also since we already have urn, it's time to see not only the proper burial but cremation ceremony as well. BTW I miss the obelisk, tombstone is too plain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    MissMaddy1021MissMaddy1021 Posts: 83 Member
    I think it'd be a great idea. My sim husband died in the room next to me and my sim self didn't even cry until she went into the bathroom the next morning and he was right in front of her face.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    yes to funerals if we get cemeteries, and you can hold the "party" there or at home.
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard