Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cc (clothing and accessories) that i downloaded are not in the game

Comments

• Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    @Shelby1234 Cripes! There's a program that will go through your entire mods folder and eliminate the special characters...like a stupe, I never d/l it and now I wish I had. I'll put in an "ask" to budgie2budgie over on tumblr...I remember someone else asking about it a couple months back and budgie posted the link. If I can come up with it, I'll come back here and post it. I want it, now, also!
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks for all the answers. I'll try it.
  • Options
    hey. about the problem with the lights - solved :) . and of course i have a new problem. :neutral:
    i have a lottttt of cc and mods in my game, and recently my game is very slow. The running in the beginning, after i press the PLAY button. Sometimes in the build mode too. It happens most when I open the game and waiting for the opening menu.
    This problem is not so bad, or bothering, but i would be happy if it was over. i don't think this is a problem with the many cc because there are people who wave much more cc than me. right?

maybe something else... what is it? should i do repair game or something like that ? :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    hey. about the problem with the lights - solved :) . and of course i have a new problem. :neutral:
    i have a lottttt of cc and mods in my game, and recently my game is very slow. The running in the beginning, after i press the PLAY button. Sometimes in the build mode too. It happens most when I open the game and waiting for the opening menu.
    This problem is not so bad, or bothering, but i would be happy if it was over. i don't think this is a problem with the many cc because there are people who wave much more cc than me. right?

maybe something else... what is it? should i do repair game or something like that ? :)

Hello @Shira3000
    Try renaming the cc files so that they don't have any special characters in them. Rename them so that they only contain letters and numbers. Doing this can help.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Go to the website of the maker of your computer, go the support section, search for your computer model and then see if there are drivers to downlosd/update.
  • Options
    I have another problem - and it's really annoying. I can't try for baby in the bad! when i tried to do it as an interaction or by pressing the bed, it's written for a second in the sim's actions list, but then the two sims are like have a bug and their hands are up, vertical to their body, and the action was over . what is it ?????? as well when two sims want to
    get married - THEY CAN'T !!!
    when i press the interaction ''get married to ... '' - the same thing, it's written in their actions list and then there is a kind of a bug with their hands and they can't do the married. right now i stopped a wedding in the middle because of this stupid bug.

that problem began just some days ago, and i think that maybe it caused by the teen pregnancy mode and marrige i've downloaded.

please help me, I'm sick of all these bugs :(
  • Options
    This bug fixed when i removed the teen pregnancy and marrige mode
  • Options
    and i have another question - why when i download houses from the TSR or something i don't see them in my gallery? also when i save my own houses, or households, i don't see them in the gallery. i'm using a lot of cc but i don't think that it's the problem because i know people who save household and lots with cc.
    why is it?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    and i have another question - why when i download houses from the TSR or something i don't see them in my gallery? also when i save my own houses, or households, i don't see them in the gallery. i'm using a lot of cc but i don't think that it's the problem because i know people who save household and lots with cc.
    why is it?

Hello @Shira3000
    Go to your library, and check to see that the " include custom content" button is ticked in the advanced section of the filter. This button needs to be ticked so that you can see items that contain cc.
  • Options
    yes, I always tick this button, and still the houses i downloaded from the internet are not seen there, just their cc in the build mode. the whole house isn't there, in the gallery, and it's strange and annoying. what to do?
  • Options
    yes, I always tick this button, and still the houses i downloaded from the internet are not seen there, just their cc in the build mode. the whole house isn't there, in the gallery, and it's strange and annoying. what to do?

Hello
    If the house files come in a zip folder, the files need to be taken out of the folder and placed directly in to the Tray folder. You can't have subfolders in the Tray folder.
    The house files need to go into the tray folder not the mods folder.
  • Options
    Oh, i think i understand-should i put the house in the tray folder (which is in electronic arts>sims 4)?
  • Options
    Oh, i think i understand-should i put the house in the tray folder (which is in electronic arts>sims 4)?

Hello
    Yes, the house files go into the tray folder. Take them out of the folder that you downloaded them in, and place the files directly into the tray folder.
  • Options
    I put the files of the house in the mods folder, because i thought it is like cc. should i need to cut it from mods (it won't be there) - but i think that maybe if i do that all the cc that come with the house won't be in y game? or if i put the house in tray i'll have all the cc from the house like now? (i didn't say that but i have the cc from the house in my game now), @rosemow
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Hi, put the files for the house in your tray folder, or the house will not show up. Any CC for the house you put in the mods folder.
  • Options
    I put the files of the house in the mods folder, because i thought it is like cc. should i need to cut it from mods (it won't be there) - but i think that maybe if i do that all the cc that come with the house won't be in y game? or if i put the house in tray i'll have all the cc from the house like now? (i didn't say that but i have the cc from the house in my game now), @rosemow

Hello
    The cc package files need to go into the mods folder , and the other house files need to go into the tray folder.
    A Lot consists of 6-11 files, depending on how many floors your Lot has (1 trayitem file, 1blueprint file and 4 bpi files, and an extra bpi files for each extra floor). Those are the house files that need to go into the tray folder.
  • Options
    Lucci VeeLucci Vee Posts: 10 New Member
    I have a question, I downloaded recently cc and it launches Sims 4 but once I go into CAS the cc is not in the game. I put the cc in the mods folder, I made sure the Allow Custom Content and Script Mods were enabled, but it just doesn't show up in CAS and when I check in the Game Options to see the list of cc, it doesn't show anything.
  • Options
    Lucci Vee wrote: »
    I have a question, I downloaded recently cc and it launches Sims 4 but once I go into CAS the cc is not in the game. I put the cc in the mods folder, I made sure the Allow Custom Content and Script Mods were enabled, but it just doesn't show up in CAS and when I check in the Game Options to see the list of cc, it doesn't show anything.

Hello @Lucci Vee
    Make sure that if the cc came in a zipped folder or in a rar file that you extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or rar file and placed them into the mods folder.
    Check that the files are for sims 4 and not for sims 2 or 3.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Lucci Vee
    Make sure that if the cc came in a zipped folder or in a rar file that you extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or rar file and placed them into the mods folder.

I deleted all of my cc and mods just now and I only downloaded one from TSR which is called Nightcrawler-Danger and it still doesn't show up as if it is in my game, but I put it in the mods folder which is why I am really confused
  • Options

Hello @Lucci Vee

I deleted all of my cc and mods just now and I only downloaded one from TSR which is called Nightcrawler-Danger and it still doesn't show up as if it is in my game, but I put it in the mods folder which is why I am really confused

Hello
    I am just checking. Is your game up to date? Try right clicking the sims 4 picture in origin, and click " check for updates" and see if your game is uptodate.
  • Options

Hello @Lucci Vee

Hello
    I am just checking. Is your game up to date? Try right clicking the sims 4 picture in origin, and click " check for updates" and see if your game is uptodate.

It should be up to date, I had uninstalled it a few hours ago and reinstalled it. I still checked to see if it was up to date and the button that says "Update Game" is greyed out so I am assuming that it is updated
  • Options
    Oops my mistake, it was greyed out because I had the game open. I just closed it and I clicked it and it says I am up to date :sweat_smile:
  • Options

Hello @Lucci Vee

Hello

It should be up to date, I had uninstalled it a few hours ago and reinstalled it. I still checked to see if it was up to date and the button that says "Update Game" is greyed out so I am assuming that it is updated

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Are other cc items appearing in your game?
  • Options

Hello @Lucci Vee

Hello

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Are other cc items appearing in your game?

I tried right now download about 5 clothing cc from TSR and put it in the mods folder, but again once I open the game it's not anywhere in CAS and look at the view custom content list and nothing shows up on the list. I tried contacting Sims about this but they just told me they don't support mods in the game.