Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can not download off the sims community

hi please help its driving my insane. i am trying to download off the sims community and when i want to place them in my world lets say a person it says cannot play item in this mode so i can not down load anything off the sims community and i really want to please please someone help me

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    carlymadi wrote: »
    hi please help its driving my insane. i am trying to download off the sims community and when i want to place them in my world lets say a person it says cannot play item in this mode so i can not down load anything off the sims community and i really want to please please someone help me

Hello
    You need to either be in live mode or build mode to be able to download and place items into the world. Try loading your save game, then go to the community section of the gallery and try to place the items into the world.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Also, maybe it doesn't relate or doesn't work bu

Maybe this suggestions does apply or does not apply and you'll think "where did that come from?" but here it is just in case:
    -You may be 13 or under and so that does not allow you to use the gallery.
    Hope this helps in some way!

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • carlymadicarlymadi Posts: 3 New Member
    nope iam 28 years old so i tired the 1st message that was posted and i could put the person in my world but all its custom content had gone so no hair ect.. I've tried to contact e a but as they don't out the stuff on the community they won't help me
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    nope iam 28 years old so i tired the 1st message that was posted and i could put the person in my world but all its custom content had gone so no hair ect.. I've tried to contact e a but as they don't out the stuff on the community they won't help me

CC doesn't transfer thankfully. You will need to download it from wherever it is available online.
    apple-signature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Like BlueBellFlora said specific pieces of CC must be downloaded from the original sources for it to show up in your game. You may have to contact the person who made the sim and see if they can provide the links or more information about where they downloaded the CC.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • carlymadicarlymadi Posts: 3 New Member
    but in sims 3 when u downloaded a sim or anything from the community it came with everything why not in sims 4. i thought that was the point in sharing your creations so other simmers can get your stuff but its not on mine there bald and naked
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    The saved files have a different protocol for each version. Sims 2 would save ALL of your CC (furniture, clothes, hair, etc. I mean everything) in addition to your sim if you didn't have a way to make the files smaller or turn off the CC from showing. And not all creators in Sims 3 included the CC when they uploaded the Sim or house or whatever to share.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    And CC can sometimes cause huge issues. Not everyone wants CC in their games and actively avoided all creations which had it, me included. CC could render a game unplayable if it conflicted with a later patch of the game and the creator never updated it.
    apple-signature.png