Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch Ruined my Game!

I wasnt having any issues with the sims 4 at all until the new patch update. Now when I enter the game it freezes at the loading screen that says the sims 4. Im really upset. I want to play my game. I dont get why sometimes updates ruin a perfectly good game. Please someone fix it cuz I wanna play my game. If anyone knows what to do in the meantime please help.
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Do you have any mods? If so remove the mod folder and see if your problem persists - if it does try repairing the game through Origin. (Right click on Sims 4 and select "repair game")

If neither option works then I can't think of anything other than reinstalling the game.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited July 2016
    Move your screenshots folder and place it on your desktop; launch the game once it has been moved.

Try doing the same with custom content and mods if you have any.

If that hasn't helped, a DxDiag may be needed.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Thanks moving the screenshots worked. Im able to get into my game now.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2016
    I had this problem after patching too. I didn't know I only had to move the screenshots. I had moved some out while waiting for the patch to download, but not all. Then when I went to play, it wouldn't launch and was stuck on the Sims logo screen with the plumbob. I did a repair which didn't help and I ended up doing a clean folder which got it working again. So if it happens again, I'll try just moving the screenshots folder out first.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    ensor910ensor910 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same issue. I moved my screenshots but it was the same, is there anyway i can fix it ??
  • Options
    ensor910 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue. I moved my screenshots but it was the same, is there anyway i can fix it ??

Hello @ensor910
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

• Options
    AquataAquata Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I was hoping someone could help me... a week ago my game was running fine; now, when I log on, the main menu and the city/world are fine, but as soon as I go into a household, the whole game flips out. The screen will flash in colors and rainbow icons, and I can't see anything. I have repaired my game, three times, & logged in and out... UGH. I ended up turning down my resolution, which makes my game look awful, and completely ruins all the fun of gameplay. PLEASE HELP ME! I just want my game back. Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Aquata wrote: »
    Hi! I was hoping someone could help me... a week ago my game was running fine; now, when I log on, the main menu and the city/world are fine, but as soon as I go into a household, the whole game flips out. The screen will flash in colors and rainbow icons, and I can't see anything. I have repaired my game, three times, & logged in and out... UGH. I ended up turning down my resolution, which makes my game look awful, and completely ruins all the fun of gameplay. PLEASE HELP ME! I just want my game back. Thank you :)

Hello @Aquata
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Make sure that graphics drivers are up to date.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Aquata wrote: »

It sounds like something has gone wrong with your graphics card. Could you post your dxdiag?

https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    ancaaaaaaaaancaaaaaaaa Posts: 26 Member
    i have a question.. does CC work on any version of the sims 4?
  • Options
    i have a question.. does CC work on any version of the sims 4?

Hello
    Cc works with both Windows and Mac versions of Sims 4.
  • Options
    VeranniCakesVeranniCakes Posts: 7 New Member
    I was wondering if anyone is having simulation lag? I've heard some people say it's been happening since the Toddler patch update...My sims take forever to go from one task to the next. They freeze in place..and after like 5 to 7 minutes they start moving again. When I pause the game, I can see the tasks I gave them trying to load and catch up...so I'm usually pausing the game to let it load and then I press play, is this a present problem right now? Or could it be something else?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    I was wondering if anyone is having simulation lag? I've heard some people say it's been happening since the Toddler patch update...My sims take forever to go from one task to the next. They freeze in place..and after like 5 to 7 minutes they start moving again. When I pause the game, I can see the tasks I gave them trying to load and catch up...so I'm usually pausing the game to let it load and then I press play, is this a present problem right now? Or could it be something else?

A lot of people have this. It doesn't happen to me cuz I play at speed 1.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

Hello @VeranniCakes
    There are a few things to try to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world
  • Options
    I think it's my mods folder, I have a a lot of items on there...lol I go into City world every now then to avoid lag, a stronger system would be better my gam eis running on an inteli3. I also noticed that if the sims house is big, makes the sims freeze even more. I'll try an clean up my mods folder. I emptied out my screenshots folder and that helped quite a lot. Adding script mods to my mods folder always worries me because...who knows if it has to do with one script file. thank you for you're help!
  • Options
    I think it's my mods folder, I have a a lot of items on there...lol I go into City world every now then to avoid lag, a stronger system would be better my gam eis running on an inteli3. I also noticed that if the sims house is big, makes the sims freeze even more. I'll try an clean up my mods folder. I emptied out my screenshots folder and that helped quite a lot. Adding script mods to my mods folder always worries me because...who knows if it has to do with one script file. thank you for you're help!

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Took out all mods and custom music, my sims are still freezing in place...So I'm gonna try to remove my recorded videos (3GB)
    see if that does anything.
  • Options
    Took out all mods and custom music, my sims are still freezing in place...So I'm gonna try to remove my recorded videos (3GB)
    see if that does anything.

I hope that doing that helps with your issues. If the issue remains, you could post your diaxdiag infornatio here, and simmers can check on your computer system info to see if they can hrlp.To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.
    Or you could copy and paste the information to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    The problem I'm having is when I want my sim to use the computer, the options wont come up when I click on it then it causes the game to lag. It happened since plantsims. Also it takes ages trying close the game down. Is this happening to anyone else.
  • Options
    Jano wrote: »
    The problem I'm having is when I want my sim to use the computer, the options wont come up when I click on it then it causes the game to lag. It happened since plantsims. Also it takes ages trying close the game down. Is this happening to anyone else.

Hello @Jano
    They selling the computer and buying a new one, and see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Jano
    They selling the computer and buying a new one, and see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Thanks for your help. :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Jano

Thanks for your help. :)

You're welcome :)