Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims reset outside every time the game is loaded?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Wait, why are people bringing up this thread again ?? This stopped happening to me awhile ago ...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    Wait, why are people bringing up this thread again ?? This stopped happening to me awhile ago ...

That was me. For me the change was recent, not one I noticed a while ago, but partial and I wanted to find out if other people had the same partial (not at work/school) as me before I started mod-weeding/repairing/etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member

That was me. For me the change was recent, not one I noticed a while ago, but partial and I wanted to find out if other people had the same partial (not at work/school) as me before I started mod-weeding/repairing/etc.

It's fine, I was just wondering because I had 40 notifications here, and a lot of them were from this thread... But it just started happening to you?? It happened me for awhile but it stopped. I don't remember exactly when.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well it happened to me yesterday when I switched households and again to day - so it is definitely still doing it just not at every household - in my case was a household of 3 yesterday and today a household of 1. So it may have been fixed for a while but it is definitely back if you change households on a rotation.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options

It's fine, I was just wondering because I had 40 notifications here, and a lot of them were from this thread... But it just started happening to you?? It happened me for awhile but it stopped. I don't remember exactly when.

I had the problem a long time but the sidewalk part only just stopped recently.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I've not had the sidewalk problem (just the not at work/school problem) the last two days, and I was doing a lot of rotation. If it's been fixed but not for you, @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick and @SimQAMadacat might be interested.
  • Options
    Well anytime they want to see my files I stay on with Origin and allow monitoring all the time. So they get all my files all the time. All they have to do is look.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    It's really weird the not at the sidewalk fix is coming to different people at different time, even months between! o.o I'm playing old saves myself and I noticed it in December or January. When it comes to them not being at school or work, I realized I have no clue about that. I've been rotating at night time pretty much since I got the game, so I probably wouldn't even know if that had been fixed.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Writin_Reg, no so far so good, I rotate extremely often so it seems fixed in my game finally after three years. But I have a zillion other problems other people don't have.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    It's really weird the not at the sidewalk fix is coming to different people at different time, even months between! o.o I'm playing old saves myself and I noticed it in December or January. When it comes to them not being at school or work, I realized I have no clue about that. I've been rotating at night time pretty much since I got the game, so I probably wouldn't even know if that had been fixed.

I'm starting to wonder if certain bugs or things getting fixed has anything to do with which version of TS4 you have (I have the LE) and what packs are installed. I think it really does matter. (and I remain different since I never installed the Double Deluxe give away).
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Especially weird for me seeing I stay connected to Origin and have both Origin and game automatic updates allowed - as I don't use CC or mods so no chance that could have ever interfered even before they automatically shut off the mod folder. If anything I should show the affects first with patches seeing my game should reflect a patch as soon as it comes out. My game also goes right to their cloud for monitoring and watching or switching to any pc. I always assumed because I have on auto fixes and updates why I don't get hardly any game issues at all -

Like I said the going to sidewalk does not happen every time - and had even stopped for a while but it started back up just recently. I can not determine the actual return to that - if it was the last patch or not seeing I had a period there where I did not rotate for a while - while I was building up and maxing out my Vampire slayer -so I mainly stayed just with my slayer working also on his ambitions, leveling up all his levels and such. So saw no issues - until this challenge actually and funny after a reset folder, adding my challenge Sim into the game and adding a couple other households too after she completed the challenge to do it as well - and this is how I noticed it was back happening. I am edging on thinking it may have been the challenge patch - but then again maybe it was the patch before that when I wasn't rotating between my own sims at all but just adding Vamps.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg, no so far so good, I rotate extremely often so it seems fixed in my game finally after three years. But I have a zillion other problems other people don't have.

Yep it is odd - as my game definitely had stopped that because I was rotating a ton after the toddler patch so I could get all my Newcrest Sims married, and then with babies and such and finally some toddlers. I was playing as many as three households a session and playing sometimes 8-10 hours a day everyday - and had not one instance of standing outside. Then we got the Vamps and those patches and I went in and built up Forgotten Hollow and the lots the way I wanted it and started playing my Greg Coburn character to build him up as a slayer who mainly worked at home to the top of several different fields so of course I was not switching household much other than play each vamp household a bit and made it so there are at least 6 vamps in each household and getting them up to date with their perks and such - so it was just a single play session at each of the newly added Vamp households. Of course being newly added they did stand outside their house - but I thought that was normal anyway. The only Vamp household I revisited a few times was Vllads where I moved the brother and sister and the Noble Vamps - and wanted that household the most powerful - so I revisited them to build their skills a little and have them all study the Vampire Tomes. LOL.

But anyway from my deduction I am assuming some patch after the Vamps or maybe even possibly with the Vamps might have rebroken the fix - which was not an issue after the toddler patch. It was working then - but definitely a come and go issue with this challenge.

Also after the toddlers came out and the Vamps were coming I did go by the packs I was missing like CL was the only ep I was missing, and a couple of the stuff packs - I had all the gps - I think the sps I got was the Child stuff pack, the outdoor one with the slip and slide, and the two glamor type packs - (the first sp and the one with the butler) - so I assume all those also got patches.

As I don't pay a lot of attention when Origin updates - it seems something is always updating (I also have other Origin games as well) so with automatic updates - it is not something I worry about. LOL.

But other than periodic standing outside or sometimes in their house but just standing beside their beds during this challenge - I really don't see any game issues at all. Game plays smooth and fast - ---- runs to knock on wood....... LOL.

I am not going to worry about it - as at least they don't get stuck outside like they use to - they always do go inside without me needing to tell them to so I just manually send them where ever they supposed to be. They still get credit for work and school as long as they get there before time for those to end - so I can live with that.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    This was definitely supposed to be fixed with the patch that came right before EP03, the October 27th 2016 patch.

@Writin_Reg is this still happening for you with brand new saves/households? Sometimes our fixes aren't retroactive, so I'm wondering if you're perhaps only seeing this on a save/household that was created before October 27th.

Thanks much for all the detailed info! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    This was definitely supposed to be fixed with the patch that came right before EP03, the October 27th 2016 patch.

@Writin_Reg is this still happening for you with brand new saves/households? Sometimes our fixes aren't retroactive, so I'm wondering if you're perhaps only seeing this on a save/household that was created before October 27th.

Thanks much for all the detailed info! :)

Nick both of the households I have going presently for the challenge - I have seen it when I switch between them on rotation The Angstrom sim I actually started when GTW came out but saved her to my library and just use her for various challenges - I re-added her the day the plant sim challenge started. So she was new to the save but had been in several old saves. I have updated her with a new starter house for each challenge in a new save - but once she completed the challenge - I decided to save her to my main save in the house I have been playing her in.

The cutie roommates were new - I downloaded all three separately from the gallery and put them together on an already used house - I put them together though first on an empty lot - then moved them to the house they could afford - they of course were standing outside when I went to play them and I had to send them in to eat as they were starving. I played them a bit to get jobs and such but did not start them on the challenge. I went back to my Angstrom house I had been playing and she was standing outside - but she went back in on her own. But when I left her I had left her at night sleeping - when I came back it was mid day and she should have been at work and was not - so I had to send her manually - I usually go with her but did not this time.

Last night I went back to the roommates household they were inside supposedly sleeping and instead were standing beside their beds - but not outside this time. So I sent each one back to bed. It was the same thing when I switched back over to my Angstrom house - she was inside but standing by her bed.

Hope that helps.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Sounds like Angstrom was outside because he was supposed to be at work. I don't think that part still works? The Cuties again, game makes up their positions, it's not the same where you left them. Standing next to a bed is not very imaginative random position, but I guess it's better than outside.