Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims reset outside every time the game is loaded?

Comments

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    Oh yes, every single dang time usually both of my sims has to pee really bad. Maybe this is some type of punishment.

You'd have to pee really bad too if your player left you standing outside your house till the next day's playing session!

• littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    It happens to me only when I switch the household and then comes back to the first family. If I constantly play just one household, it would continue from where they are left off after loading. :|
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Raddish4Raddish4 Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2016
    I play rotationally. Every time I load a new household they stand on the sidewalk complaining in chorus about their full bladders. It's annoying - especially when the house doesn't have enough bathrooms. Embarrassed moods ensue.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Ahh, This is a intended feature to help with rotational play. Sims will keep there locations when you save the active household, just remember the active house and active sim to be able to return to a save were sims are not reset. The reason why this is so is NPC sims never go to their jobs and really just stand around with all motives frozen until your return, or they are called apon by a player like going to a community lot or other location, such as the bar or restaurant, this is where their needs start to degenerate and why when you come back to them most have bathroom problems. Most likely they where heading to the bathroom when you went home. Also because Sims may not all be in the same place when you get back and might have taken up some community job while you are away like tending bar the sims are reset to outside the home lot once you return. This keeps the players from having to go get them when they return.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    does that every time I turn my game on. I save every time my sims go to bed. a great habit to have.
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Really don't like this "feature"
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    It happens to me all of the time. And when they are suppose to be going (or at) school or work when the household is loaded, instead of going, they would rather do other things. Before the "fix" they would run off to school or wherever. Just another issue with TS4...
  • HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    I hate this.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    This has been a minor issue ever since I can remember. I'm just wondering is there any way to fix it.
    You know when you load your household, the sims end up standing outside in the streets, regardless of what time it is?
    Or they'll be standing out there even if they're 4 hours late to work (which has happens quite a bit)
    I know I'm not the only one with this issue - it happens to my cousin as well.
    Is there someway to fix this or is it something that we all just have to deal with?
    It really isn't a major issue. I just know now to save my game at certain times.
    But it would be nice if they didn't do it.
    Does this happen to you as well? Just curious.

This has been happening for over a year and started after a patch. With one of the recent patches however it s atleast not happening with every household you load but still happens on some.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2016
    It's happened to me as well. I'm not sure if it's because I was playing multiple families at the same time and roaring between them or if it's because I downloaded a mod that's causing this issue. I might try deleting the mod and see what happens.

I have no mods, so you don't need to go deleting your mods. Seems like it happens when you go to manage worlds (like others above) and since you rotate families, that is probably why.

Hopefully they find a fix for this......unless it is suppose to be like this :D

No it s not normal. Maybe @SimGuruArvin could have a look.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'm finally not getting this happening - when I load a household, the Sims are doing things (watching TV, eating cake in the bathroom...). But they're not at work or school if that's where they ought to be, and I'm having to manually send them. Is this what other people are currently seeing?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm finally not getting this happening - when I load a household, the Sims are doing things (watching TV, eating cake in the bathroom...). But they're not at work or school if that's where they ought to be, and I'm having to manually send them. Is this what other people are currently seeing?

Yup, same here. Wish they could be at school when they have to be (kinda like I wish unplayed households that I used to play and set up stories for, including jobs, would keep on making money every day and not just when I play them)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    MocaJava wrote: »
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Long ago they stated that this is an intended feature, so...guess we're stuck with it.
    I don't seem to recall them saying this, do you have a link?

Sorry, no. I assure you I'm not lying about it but I'm having trouble searching for it.

I saw that too - a long time ago when we had the Ask a Guru - early on. You can't find it because they removed those early Q & A's when they brought it back temporarily. So searching will do you no good if they removed it - but I remember it because people were upset hearing that was a feature. I recall them saying when you change households though was when it happens - I do not recall though if it was via build and buy too - but I do recall changing households that this is supposed to happen.

The biggest complaint was often kids lost a day of school and sims lost a day of work if you changed households during the hours they were supposed to be at these places. It was suggested to change households in the middle of the night - that way you only had to send the sims back to bed, by one of the Gurus. But they made it pretty clear they designed the game to work like that -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This was all fixed in my game recently. Yay. They may not be at work but at least they are indoors doing stuff and their motives aren't in the red (like before) and I can send them to school or work without much problem. I really enjoyed seeing this patched.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This was all fixed in my game recently. Yay. They may not be at work but at least they are indoors doing stuff and their motives aren't in the red (like before) and I can send them to school or work without much problem. I really enjoyed seeing this patched.
    But that only happens if you go back to the same household you were playing - if you play in a rotation like many of us do and change to a different household via the Manage households option, they are standing outside 99 percent of the time.

If you never switch households then you won't see it happen. This is apparently the way it was supposed to work - and when it was happening to households you were playing when you last quit - that was the bug - that they fixed. Seems to me one of the mods - maybe MCC (not sure because I don't use mods in Sims 4) keeps that from happening.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited April 2017
    @Writin_Reg I'm not getting them standing outside when I'm playing in rotation at the moment (just checked to make sure I wasn't imagining that). Just the not-at-work/school part. Admittedly I'm playing with MCCC, but I don't recall that it added a feature that sets up activities for the Sims who are at home. @egwarhammer is that a thing? Is this MCCC doing this?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @Writin_Reg I'm not getting them standing outside when I'm playing in rotation at the moment (just checked to make sure I wasn't imagining that). Just the not-at-work/school part. Admittedly I'm playing with MCCC, but I don't recall that it added a feature that sets up activities for the Sims who are at home. @egwarhammer is that a thing? Is this MCCC doing this?

Interesting as I still see it when I switch households through manage world and I have the game set on automatic updates so I have all updates.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Interesting as I still see it when I switch households through manage world and I have the game set on automatic updates so I have all updates.

Ok, maybe it is MCCC? @Cinebar are you still playing vanilla?

The only other thing I can think of @Writin_Reg is that I recently did a gameplay folder reset too, as well as a game repair.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm playing rotationally & vanilla and they're no longer on the sidewalk. It was fixed some time ago, a month or two.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

No, MCCC has nothing to do with this happening.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

Wow it's really been for a while. I searched and managed to find this first thread where I saw it mentioned. So it must have been fixed with either January or December patch.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15511061
    edited April 2017

The only other thing I can think of @Writin_Reg is that I recently did a gameplay folder reset too, as well as a game repair.

Yes so did I for every challenge game - I always do that for challenges to make sure everything is working proper. It makes no difference if I use the new save or add back a former save. I tried it just to test and when I use manage households to switch to another sim to play the challenge on - the sims are out side.

As I said I have no mods and no CC regardless. I heard one of the major mods which I assume is MCC does fix that issue - but of course I have not tested it myself as I don't use mods and CC as long as a game is still in development. So I will not test that anyway. LOL. Actually it is not a big deal to me anyway - as I always stop playing at night after my sims are all in bed anyway - so I simply send them back to bed. No problem and no one loses a day at work or school or needs to be manually sent. I was just responding my observations - not complaining about it.

Just to add - if I go back to the same household I was playing when I last played the game and not through manage households - they are not on the street but standing next to their beds - lol.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Yes so did I for every challenge game - I always do that for challenges to make sure everything is working proper. It makes no difference if I use the new save or add back a former save. I tried it just to test and when I use manage households to switch to another sim to play the challenge on - the sims are out side.

As I said I have no mods and no CC regardless. I heard one of the major mods which I assume is MCC does fix that issue - but of course I have not tested it myself as I don't use mods and CC as long as a game is still in development. So I will not test that anyway. LOL. Actually it is not a big deal to me anyway - as I always stop playing at night after my sims are all in bed anyway - so I simply send them back to bed. No problem and no one loses a day at work or school or needs to be manually sent. I was just responding my observations - not complaining about it. Seeing Gurus stated it was supposed to happen - well not much point in arguing about it - to me anyway. LOL.

Just to add - if I go back to the same household I was playing when I last played the game and not through manage households - they are not on the street but standing next to their beds - lol.

How do you go to a family through manage households? I always load them through the world map when I switch families.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    My sims are still doing this to a degree. Only one is outside, the sim I pick to play before loading the lot, and the rest are inside doing whatever. But they all are missing work and school. I thought this was supposed to have been fixed some months ago, but it never did anything for me at that time. I stopped playing somewhere around the beginning of Feb and just started back about a week ago. So it updated when I started it up the first time and now only one sim is outside. Idk exactly when it would have started since I hadnt played in so long.
    edited April 2017

As I said I have no mods and no CC regardless. I heard one of the major mods which I assume is MCC does fix that issue - but of course I have not tested it myself as I don't use mods and CC as long as a game is still in development. So I will not test that anyway. LOL. Actually it is not a big deal to me anyway - as I always stop playing at night after my sims are all in bed anyway - so I simply send them back to bed. No problem and no one loses a day at work or school or needs to be manually sent. I was just responding my observations - not complaining about it. Seeing Gurus stated it was supposed to happen - well not much point in arguing about it - to me anyway. LOL.

How do you go to a family through manage households? I always load them through the world map when I switch families.

I go to manage households either overhead (top right) or in the options menu, and then click on the world I want to go, then go to the house I want to play. (keep in mind you only need to do that if you have been playing a household and in the same session want to change to another household. ( If you are just going to a different house on a new play session - you don't need to go through manage households - you just click the world you want to go to as the cache is cleaned everytime you close the game so it doesn't carry anything forward).

When the game first came out they told us that was the safest way to go to our other households without creating conflicts in the game - so that is the way I always go. Going to manage world first supposedly clears something in the game so you don't carry issues between households. I have never looked into it to be honest - I just do what the Guru's advise and perhaps that is why I hardly ever have issues with the game. Preferably I like the way we switched households in Sims 2 the most - it was just click on the other house - but this is the way this game works - so it's the way I do it. LOL.

Eta - I played tonight and sure enough when I switched to play my Cutie Roommates (which I have not played during the challenge) household the sims were outside - I checked my settings and it is still set for automatic updates for both Origin and the game - checked the latest updates on both and right up to date. So don't know what to say and also as I said I did the standard reset folder/repair when the plant challenge came out. Also when I went back to my Angstrom House to the sim who has completed the challenge she was not outside, but she was standing beside her bed - she was supposed to be sleeping so I sent her back to bed.

Strange.....

In dreams - I LIVE!