Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims reset outside every time the game is loaded?

This has been a minor issue ever since I can remember. I'm just wondering is there any way to fix it.
You know when you load your household, the sims end up standing outside in the streets, regardless of what time it is?
Or they'll be standing out there even if they're 4 hours late to work (which has happens quite a bit)
I know I'm not the only one with this issue - it happens to my cousin as well.
Is there someway to fix this or is it something that we all just have to deal with?
It really isn't a major issue. I just know now to save my game at certain times.
But it would be nice if they didn't do it.
Does this happen to you as well? Just curious.
giphy.gif

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I only thing I found out, If I do a close up of my sims inside the house, and then save, they do not go to the street. very seldom. Other then that I do not know. I do hope they fix that.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    It has not happened to me since i live on my restaurant lot.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Long ago they stated that this is an intended feature, so...guess we're stuck with it.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have had that happen a few times, but not every time.

I usually "pause" my game before saving and exiting. Sometimes I forget to pause though. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    Maybe the times that happened is when I didn't pause it?

Maybe it is which household I play? I usually play single and seems I noticed when playing family they were on the sidewalk? Not sure, but right now I am playing 3 to a household and I did pause the game, will see when I go back in the game if they end up at the sidewalk.

Probably nothing to do with either of these, but you never know, LOL
  • Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    Only happens to me when I change households or do editing in manage worlds
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I had one game a while ago which must have been bugged because it did that. But now, like @Angela_4588 - it only happens when I edit stuff in the world or swap households, which I think is how it is meant to be.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Long ago they stated that this is an intended feature, so...guess we're stuck with it.

I wonder what the point of that feature was though? I find this getting increasingly more annoying lately, I kinda hope they'll come up with something more natural :D
    Oh, that could be it @Angela_4588 and @elanorbreton ! I do go to manage worlds to place restaurants or fill up NC, and I do change households (not often) maybe that is why I only see it every now and then!

• Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    It is annoying though !
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member

Makes sense considering the team.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    The best solution I have found for this is to never close the game :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Weird, interesting that this happens to so many folks. For me it only happens if I go into Build/Buy Mode from Manage Worlds before loading my household. Basically going into Build/Buy on any lot seems to make it so next time I load a family they're all standing in the road - otherwise they're where I left them. Also happens when I rotate families so I imagine it's a nuisance for heavily rotational player, but if all I do is save my game and quit at the end of a session and then load the save and play the same family they start where I left them except sleeping sims are sometimes awake standing next to their beds and automatically lay back down and sleep.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
    I don't seem to recall them saying this, do you have a link?
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    This doesn't happen to me. It only happens when switchin a household
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

Sorry, no. I assure you I'm not lying about it but I'm having trouble searching for it.

Sorry, no. I assure you I'm not lying about it but I'm having trouble searching for it.
    I'm sure you're not lying about it, I just seem to remember that they fixed it not long into the series and that it is only supposed to happen now when switching homes or editing. But I have a memory like a sieve so I could be totally wrong.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It happens in my game only when I use build/buy from the map view. Like if I'm in my game and then go to map view and renovate the house next door and then go back to my lot, then the Sims will be outside on the sidewalk. Otherwise just from normal loading, they are not.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    It happens to me every time. :s My routine when shutting down the game is to pause, having the sim at home, usually ready for bed, save then exit. When I go back, my sims are always standing on the sidewalk in front of the house in various states of dress, some in their formals, some in their pjs, some are late to work and every single dang sim has to pee...bad. :# I just figured this was some form of punishment. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member

how is this an intended feature? Having my sim be 4 hours late for work or having their sleep schedule\needs all kinds of messed up?
    giphy.gif
    The best solution I have found for this is to never close the game :)

That's what I've been doing for quite a long time. I just never close my sims game... Although sometimes it does get forced closed because of computer update.
    giphy.gif
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Weird, interesting that this happens to so many folks. For me it only happens if I go into Build/Buy Mode from Manage Worlds before loading my household. Basically going into Build/Buy on any lot seems to make it so next time I load a family they're all standing in the road - otherwise they're where I left them. Also happens when I rotate families so I imagine it's a nuisance for heavily rotational player, but if all I do is save my game and quit at the end of a session and then load the save and play the same family they start where I left them except sleeping sims are sometimes awake standing next to their beds and automatically lay back down and sleep.

Guess I've never really paid attention to the pattern that closely. I usually only play one household though, until I get tired of it... Then I switch to another. But that takes quite awhile. As for buying\building I usually only do that if I get inspiration to build a certain thing so. Well thanks for actually explaining how it happens to you. I'll keep that stuff in mind.
    giphy.gif
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    It happens to me every time. :s My routine when shutting down the game is to pause, having the sim at home, usually ready for bed, save then exit. When I go back, my sims are always standing on the sidewalk in front of the house in various states of dress, some in their formals, some in their pjs, some are late to work and every single dang sim has to pee...bad. :# I just figured this was some form of punishment. :D

Ahh, finally. Someone understands my pain! I too try to exit my game when my sims are just about ready for bed or whatever... Never really works though. Oh yes, every single dang time usually both of my sims has to pee really bad. Maybe this is some type of punishment.
    giphy.gif
  • HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    Just happened to me, Yep.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • ShortieJ845ShortieJ845 Posts: 38 Member
    It's happened to me as well. I'm not sure if it's because I was playing multiple families at the same time and roaring between them or if it's because I downloaded a mod that's causing this issue. I might try deleting the mod and see what happens.
    It's happened to me as well. I'm not sure if it's because I was playing multiple families at the same time and roaring between them or if it's because I downloaded a mod that's causing this issue. I might try deleting the mod and see what happens.

I have no mods, so you don't need to go deleting your mods. Seems like it happens when you go to manage worlds (like others above) and since you rotate families, that is probably why.

Hopefully they find a fix for this......unless it is suppose to be like this :D