Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC DELETED AND SHOWING UP ON GAME

miky9789mmiky9789m Posts: 4 New Member
I deleted all my cc from mods, deleted mods and it didn't regenerate, but still the cc was showing on my game. I even tried to regenerate sims 4 file but it didn't and reinstalling my game but nothing worked. I can't download any cc because its stuck on the deleted cc. What can i do?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2016
    Did you delete localthumbcache as well before restarting the game?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • miky9789mmiky9789m Posts: 4 New Member
    @luthenrising I didn't the first time, but when i did it again i did delete it and the deleted cc still showed.
    @luthienrising I didn't the first time, but when i did it again i did delete it and the deleted cc still showed.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    I am just checking. Have you tried resetting the sims 4 folder? To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    @rosemow I did it already cause I saw it in one of your comment in another forum and it didn't work cause it didn't generate the files again...
    miky9789m wrote: »
    @rosemow I did it already cause I saw it in one of your comment in another forum and it didn't work cause it didn't generate the files again...

Hello.
    Did you move the whole sims 4 folder, or just the mods folder?
    If it was just the mods folder, try moving the whole sims 4 folder to the desktop, then do the rest of what I posted in the above post
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2016
    miky9789m wrote: »

What drive do you have the program files and gameplay folder on? Are they on the same drive?

These are the steps for pulling CC out and creating a new gameplay folder. Make sure you aren't skipping any:

1. Move Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder (if you have one) and the Autosave files (all the Slot_00000001 files) from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the whole The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders from your desktop -- but NOT Mods -- back and start the game again. You'll need to reset your Settings, but it might help having the file they're stored in regenerated.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Katy_Chan904Katy_Chan904 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > miky9789m wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow I did it already cause I saw it in one of your comment in another forum and it didn't work cause it didn't generate the files again...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What drive do you have the program files and gameplay folder on? Are they on the same drive?
    >
    > These are the steps for pulling CC out and creating a new gameplay folder. Make sure you aren't skipping any:
    >
    > 1. Move Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder (if you have one) and the Autosave files (all the Slot_00000001 files) from inside Saves.
    > 2. Delete the whole The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    > 3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    > 4. Copy all the folders from your desktop -- but NOT Mods -- back and start the game again. You'll need to reset your Settings, but it might help having the file they're stored in regenerated.

Im having the same problem and I just did what you said a deleted my sims 4 folder and it didn't come up with a new sims 4 folder! now what?
    > @luthienrising said:
    > miky9789m wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow I did it already cause I saw it in one of your comment in another forum and it didn't work cause it didn't generate the files again...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What drive do you have the program files and gameplay folder on? Are they on the same drive?
    >
    > These are the steps for pulling CC out and creating a new gameplay folder. Make sure you aren't skipping any:
    >
    > 1. Move Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder (if you have one) and the Autosave files (all the Slot_00000001 files) from inside Saves.
    > 2. Delete the whole The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    > 3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    > 4. Copy all the folders from your desktop -- but NOT Mods -- back and start the game again. You'll need to reset your Settings, but it might help having the file they're stored in regenerated.

Im having the same problem and I just did what you said a deleted my sims 4 folder and it didn't come up with a new sims 4 folder! now what?

Hello @Katy_Chan904

Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing the issues . Try seeing if there is a sims 4 folder in One Drive . The game may be using that sims 4 folder instead of the correct Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder .. One Drive can cause issues, It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4.
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another sims 4 folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the Documents -electronic arts folder.
    @rosemow I dont have one drive and I searched for it and I dont have another folder that it could be using
    edited February 2018
    @rosemow I dont have one drive and I searched for it and I dont have another folder that it could be using

Try using the search bar on your computer to see if you can find another “ mods” folder. It sounds like the game may be using that one, because your cc is still appearing although deleted from the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 - mods folder.

Do you still have your sims 4 folder that you moved to the desktop?
    > @rosemow said:
    > Katy_Chan904 wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow I dont have one drive and I searched for it and I dont have another folder that it could be using
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try using the search bar on your computer to see if you can find another “ mods” folder. It sounds like the game may be using that one, because your cc is still appearing although deleted from the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 - mods folder.
    >
    > Do you still have your sims 4 folder that you moved to the desktop?

I found another folder it turned out that I had accidentally coped my mods folder so it was the real one so it wasn't doing any effect on my game I found the real folder and sorted my problem out thanks for the help!
    > @rosemow said:
    > Katy_Chan904 wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow I dont have one drive and I searched for it and I dont have another folder that it could be using
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try using the search bar on your computer to see if you can find another “ mods” folder. It sounds like the game may be using that one, because your cc is still appearing although deleted from the Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 - mods folder.
    >
    > Do you still have your sims 4 folder that you moved to the desktop?

I found another folder it turned out that I had accidentally coped my mods folder so it was the real one so it wasn't doing any effect on my game I found the real folder and sorted my problem out thanks for the help!

You’re welcome :)
    I ment 'i had accidentally copied my mods folder so it wasn't the real one'