Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massage Table/Sauna aren't working

I must have edited the positions within my spas a dozen or more times to try and figure out why the these two spa items aren't working.

I am able to click on the massage table, pay the person giving the massage, my money gets deducted from my funds, and then that's it. My sim never gets on the massage table. I've tried having my sims change into robes and into towels to see if that made a difference and it doesn't seem to do so. The action just cancels out.

As for the sauna. I click on it and the option to "relax" shows up, but it just cancels out.

I started pulling mods from my game one by one or five by five, newest to oldest, until I just took all of my mods out of the game except for custom content.

None of my custom content items have anything to do with the spa items (no recolors or things of that nature that I can remember).

Everything else for the spa pack works. The massage chair, the yoga mats, the meditation stools, the fridges, the deco.

I tried to reset the object and also rebuy the massage tables and still nothing works.

Is there anything I haven't tried? (besides take all of my CC out of it).
[Fan since The Sims]

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    Sometimes cc items that don't seem to be connected turn out to cause issues.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @Geekery the thing you haven't tried (with removing your cc) is the one thing you NEED to do.

These last updates made SWEEPING changes to CAS, which of course DID affect cc files, as well as some mods that had been fine since launch. This happened with GT when they added clubs, too, and with GTW with the new active careers it added. Huge mod/cc storms.

Here are a couple of threads related to Dine Out's breakage of mods/cc... obviously everything isn't listed, but they're good places to start. :)

Read the first post, they're being updated.

CC: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888918/faulty-cc-since-2nd-of-june-patch-dine-out-release/p1
    Mods: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp/p1

It's not always going to BE a related thing causing the issue. It's like the car trouble I had last night, who knew the oil light coming on and car starting but dying was ACTUALLY being caused by a loose battery terminal?

I didn't... Sometimes updates seem to be like that. Mod A moves line 234 to line 475 (or changes its content some other way), Game or Mod B looks for info in 234, can't find what it needs there, melts down. (Wild guess, seems legit to my haphazard way of trying to put together what this game is doing.)

If you're getting any LastException errors in /Sims4 when you play, look at those. They can point you in the direction of what's snagged.
  • GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks for the help from the both of you.

I removed all the mods and custom content from my game and sure enough the massage table worked.

I'm now remaking my cc/mods folder. There's a lot of stuff in there I don't even need, but I "swore" I was going to use.

Hopefully what I'm putting back in won't mess up the game again, but at least I'll have an organized mods folder. That still won't help if it doesn't work properly though.

Thanks for the link information. I wasn't aware of them.

This is going to be a choppy game for sure. I started playing the Sims 3 (with mods/cc) right around the time the movie pack had come out so the game had only gone through two or three updates that I can remember. Now with the Sims 4 I'm realizing that since I'm playing right as it's going through it's updates and releasing packs... mods will have to be updated constantly.

It's just a change in mind set, but I hopefully learn how to handle it. Or I could go back to my Sims 1 and Sims 2 days when I didn't use mods... but I don't think that's possible now. I've become addicted. :P
    [Fan since The Sims]

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    Put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder gradually.
    Put them in one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks. I will. I haven't put any mods back in the game yet, but I did clear a lot of things I didn't even need in the first place. It's a process, but it is what it is.
    [Fan since The Sims]

• DragonAge6666DragonAge6666 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I exactly have the same problem... Did you find the bad CC causing this trouble ? Thanks anyway.
    Chris
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Geekery wrote: »
    Thanks for the help from the both of you.

I removed all the mods and custom content from my game and sure enough the massage table worked.

I'm now remaking my cc/mods folder. There's a lot of stuff in there I don't even need, but I "swore" I was going to use.

Hopefully what I'm putting back in won't mess up the game again, but at least I'll have an organized mods folder. That still won't help if it doesn't work properly though.

Thanks for the link information. I wasn't aware of them.

This is going to be a choppy game for sure. I started playing the Sims 3 (with mods/cc) right around the time the movie pack had come out so the game had only gone through two or three updates that I can remember. Now with the Sims 4 I'm realizing that since I'm playing right as it's going through it's updates and releasing packs... mods will have to be updated constantly.

It's just a change in mind set, but I hopefully learn how to handle it. Or I could go back to my Sims 1 and Sims 2 days when I didn't use mods... but I don't think that's possible now. I've become addicted. :P

Just use exclusion method it's tedious but usually it works, make a new mod folder and put packs you like to keep in one at time. Start game up and eventually figure out which packages causes the bug, should it happen to be a package you like try google it see if there is a newer version available.