Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC and MOO - Do you use it??

Hi everyone!

I was wondering what everyones view are on using CC and Move objects cheat.

I don't use CC in my game as I think it causes more problems and glitches than the game already has!

As for MOO - If I do use it, it's very minimal! It makes my game lag if the whole lot uses MOO! So all my builds on the gallery hardly use it!

What are your thougts??
The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg

Comments

• marshaline6marshaline6 Posts: 576 Member
    edited July 2016
    I love CC and MOO
    CC just makes my game take 20 mins to load, (cause I have so much!) but I usually walk my dog in that time :)
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    @marshaline6 20 mins is a long time! haha! MOO really opens up what you can do in the game, it's a shame it makes the game slower!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
    @marshaline6 20 mins is a long time! haha! MOO really opens up what you can do in the game, it's a shame it makes the game slower!

Yeah! Same with CC :( Couldn't make my sims stuff without it though, haha
    I know that sounds super sad but I just need my sims looking a certain way! :open_mouth:
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member

Yeah! Same with CC :( Couldn't make my sims stuff without it though, haha
    I know that sounds super sad but I just need my sims looking a certain way! :open_mouth:

If I could get over the lag I would definately have CC in my game! Like you said, the Sims do look alot better with it! When I see simmers using it, I wish I had it! The make-up alone is fab! And the clothing options are great!

68OUgVc.jpg
    That's true! There's just so much, and it can cause so many errors in your game... If you get the bad CC :confounded:
  • WatercolouredWatercoloured Posts: 87 Member
    I have about 3Gb's of custom content and Mods. However, I don't use moo, I had it once and it crashed my game horribly. I just stick to the move objects command and it works just as good.
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I've had a collection of over 2000 CC items sadly I had to reduce them to space issues and game problems. Now I only have about 500. I love CC and how much it enhances gameplay. The same with MOO.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • SiliconebunnySiliconebunny Posts: 51 Member
    I love CC and MOO, I make my own CC currently, so being able to use MOO with it is a need.
    ☾ ✧---🖤--- ✧ ☽
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I use both... When you use CC/mods it takes a little extra maintenance since patches can break things. Too much effort for some people. I really recommend organizing too. It helps to sort through when you need to remove something.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I use neither. I only use the resize 'cheat' and 'alt' when I'm furnishing.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited July 2016
    UniSims wrote: »
    I've had a collection of over 2000 CC items sadly I had to reduce them to space issues and game problems. Now I only have about 500. I love CC and how much it enhances gameplay. The same with MOO.
    I use both... When you use CC/mods it takes a little extra maintenance since patches can break things. Too much effort for some people. I really recommend organizing too. It helps to sort through when you need to remove something.

Absolutely agreed,

I have at the moment 2.7 GB CC in play, around 1.800 pcs. And I love almost every piece of it, especially my shoe treasury. The best things in my collection are in any case not from the original game stuff.

As for the mods, I only select what I really want and not everything, what's available. In Sims3 for me it was the Awesome Mod and Twallan's NRaaS Suite. In Sims4 it's the MCCC and one or two others, but not more. I always check whether the modder is active to keep the files up to date with the patch level.

And of course I organize my files in the mods folder. I haven't run into problems for the whole time since game release.

Almost everything here is CC, including the pose:
    y3mpKYhenEp0OjAeFkAyTda1kAWvBpdxrTaDz2w8jwSHWFSAGKWA-2qCuMdnlhhDCrrWWV1BmiW9rxxvOlTAqWMuJsV5FcQlP4XKmdPINYMm9Ne5kxIO325Q5ysb7NR2EEKmkTTi_DBZJT3pakxcjLCOWizxgM--r16FI9jh2nsk-E?width=800&height=500&cropmode=none

I really don't want to play with the original maxis stuff only.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    I use both, but more mods then CC's but I'm adding more CC's into my game as of recently.
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I only have about three CC items, but I way overuse MOO in my builds
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I use both! Nearly all my CC are hair and patterns and a couple of clutter objects. I also have default skin and eyes! And I use Move Objects On all the time! It's the best way to clutter up a room and I like having everything real close together. I love interior decorating and I cant live without MOO!
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    I use various types of custom content. Only time I use the Move Objects On command is when something glitches in the game.
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I use MOO mostly to make things closer to each other, like a nightstand closer to a bed or something like that. As for CC, I have a slight obsession :p. I'm trying to limit myself! *switches tab back over to Mod the Sims :D
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • lovleady5lovleady5 Posts: 56 Member
    I use so much CC! But my game has never really been laggy? Occasional bad CC but easy to find it. I use MOO to clutter desks!!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    I use Maxis Match CC (Sparingly) and a few script mods.
    Definitely use MOO.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited January 2017
    I didn't even know there was any sort of debate on MOO (great acronym btw)! It's never crashed my game, even on my potato desktop! xD I use it all the time!

And CC-wise, I'm not too sure what counts as "a lot", but I do still mostly use clothes from expansion packs and stuff, but when I'm looking for something that won't be in an expansion (like piercings or cool hair) I go online for it! ;)
    I mainly use mods when I want something new like a job (or to fix glitches; literally got a whole folder called "Fixing EA's Mistakes")! xD
  • Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    Yes, I have a lot of CC hair, makeup and clothes. And I have a huge collection of poses! I also like CC clutter and objects, so I use MOO to arrange them.
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    I cannot imagine my game without MOO, things are just too far! :joy:
    and I do not use any custom content. it somehow stands out from the gameart. perhaps I just didn't find really good made CC :worried:
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    This may make me the odd one out, but I honestly don't like most CC. It just looks...strange to me. Especially hair. I don't know, something about CC hair is just really off-putting to me. No offense to anyone who does like and / or use it, that's just my personal opinion.
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I use CC (only maxis match) and MOO a lot. I think it gives my game something extra :)
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    LyniaSC wrote: »
    This may make me the odd one out, but I honestly don't like most CC. It just looks...strange to me. Especially hair. I don't know, something about CC hair is just really off-putting to me. No offense to anyone who does like and / or use it, that's just my personal opinion.

@LyniaSC Personally, I've found TS4 custom hair to be a bit weird, but TS3 custom hair fits in the game really well! I think a lot of it depends on the game!

Tbh, I don't understand the point in custom skins! I get it for TS4, but TS3 has such a ridiculous amount of great skins in the game already! The custom skins always look a bit off anyway imo, and (in my experience) you have to model your sim's face to fit to it nicely!
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I use CC hairs, makeup, 1 cc default skin and eyes. No cc clothes because I like the clothes that sims 4 and ep's come with. Toddler cc clothes being an exception.
    For sims 3, I use everything under the sun.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif