Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Pack Idea: Beach Escape

I'm guessing this has probably been suggested before, but it would be great if they made a game pack in the style of Outdoor Retreat where you could go on a beach vacation. The world would be like Twikkii Island, Sunlit Tides, and Isla Paradiso, basically a tropical island. There would be beach bungalows or beach houses to rent (think thatched roofs, bright colors, etc.) and a beach area to explore. Sims could sunbathe or otherwise relax on the beach, build sandcastles, and search for seashells (new collectable). It might be too much to ask, I don't know, but it would also be cool if they could swim in the ocean and go surfing or play beach volleyball. New objects would include hammocks, lounge chairs, and outdoor showers. There would also be new beach or resort themed bedroom set, decor, and clothing. They could also add new fish and recipes. Unlike Granite Falls, it would be good if there were also a couple of community lots, like an outdoor bar directly on the beach or, if you have Spa Day installed, a spa.

Really hoping they do this, or something like it. I love taking my sims camping but I'm getting tired of it being the only vacation available.

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yeah it gets suggested a lot...

...but that's because IT'S AN AWESOME IDEA!!! :):):)

I really hope they do something like this too.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Yessss please
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited November 2016
    Cheah I would be sooo keen

200.gif#7

Plus as you said it would utilize Spa pack so well.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    I'm hoping to see this too! My sims needs a beach vacation!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm guessing this has probably been suggested before, but it would be great if they made a game pack in the style of Outdoor Retreat where you could go on a beach vacation. The world would be like Twikkii Island, Sunlit Tides, and Isla Paradiso, basically a tropical island. There would be beach bungalows or beach houses to rent (think thatched roofs, bright colors, etc.) and a beach area to explore. Sims could sunbathe or otherwise relax on the beach, build sandcastles, and search for seashells (new collectable). It might be too much to ask, I don't know, but it would also be cool if they could swim in the ocean and go surfing or play beach volleyball. New objects would include hammocks, lounge chairs, and outdoor showers. There would also be new beach or resort themed bedroom set, decor, and clothing. They could also add new fish and recipes. Unlike Granite Falls, it would be good if there were also a couple of community lots, like an outdoor bar directly on the beach or, if you have Spa Day installed, a spa.

Really hoping they do this, or something like it. I love taking my sims camping but I'm getting tired of it being the only vacation available.

Also don't forget about resorts. We need those as well.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I'm pretty sure we're going to eventually see a tropical vacation pack - maybe even soon! A lot of simmers believe that all the plane and beach signs that came with CL are hints!

I'd hope we get to swim in the ocean, if not I'd hope they make it possible to jump in from a dock or something and swim around. I think that would be 100% doable. It'd also be neat if sims could have some interaction with the beach's shore like "test the water" or something where they stick their feet in to see if it's cold and then do a weird little dance thing if it is.

Like in OR, it'd expect new house decor and functionality items because in OR we got new bathroom stuff, bedroom stuff, living room stuff, etc. all to fit the theme.

I also want all the relaxation items beach chairs (the long ones), hammocks and towels you can lay on. And sandcastles of course! Maybe sandcastle-building could be one of those "almost skills" like handling chopsticks. I think they could totally do this, especially because we got street art in CL and I think the area for building sandcastles will probably be similar.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    I completely agree with @griffin1842 that a beach game pack would be awesome. I would release the game pack after the seasons expansion pack so that things like sunburn etc.. would already be in the game :smile:
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    yes please :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm pretty sure we're going to eventually see a tropical vacation pack - maybe even soon! A lot of simmers believe that all the plane and beach signs that came with CL are hints!

I'd hope we get to swim in the ocean, if not I'd hope they make it possible to jump in from a dock or something and swim around. I think that would be 100% doable. It'd also be neat if sims could have some interaction with the beach's shore like "test the water" or something where they stick their feet in to see if it's cold and then do a weird little dance thing if it is.

Like in OR, it'd expect new house decor and functionality items because in OR we got new bathroom stuff, bedroom stuff, living room stuff, etc. all to fit the theme.

I also want all the relaxation items beach chairs (the long ones), hammocks and towels you can lay on. And sandcastles of course! Maybe sandcastle-building could be one of those "almost skills" like handling chopsticks. I think they could totally do this, especially because we got street art in CL and I think the area for building sandcastles will probably be similar.

There was also some concept art leaked before dine out came out of a beach world and items. Can't find the link but I defiantly saw it last year.
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    Yes! Maybe with mermaids and diving like with Isla Paradiso in TS3.
  • UniversalBakwitUniversalBakwit Posts: 5 New Member
    Amen. Just.. amen.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would be on board if:
    Sailing gets introduced as a Hobby
    And use woodworking to craft/repair your own boat/raft
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AdiikAdiik Posts: 39 Member
    It sounds great. I can already feel the summer vibes.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Definitely!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    I want some new destinations for my sims, to ski, for swim etc. With hotels and activities, there will be very cool! :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    A beach holiday game pack would be brilliant.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    Here are some ideas-
    Things-to-Not-to-Forget-for-a-Beach-Vacation.jpg
    Lounge chairs
    74cafede9d01a8cc9aadc3c0c7f1110e.jpg
    Hammocks
    latest?cb=20130828095538
    44971d65393cbca0b529931c3903665b.jpg
    Beach cottages for sims to stay in
    huvafen-fushi.jpg
    Beach resort style furniture and decor (this would also be a good time to add ceiling fans)
    family-on-follybeach.jpg
    Bathing suits and straw hats for toddlers

• CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I'd appreciate if they included modern and traditional style in gamepacks. So maybe instead of like ten new chairs of one style, we get five of each? That kinda thing?
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Gosh I would love this...and maybe just to be daring, include the nude option like you have in Get Together for those Sims that wish to go to a Nudist resort of sorts ;) But yes, please, this would be an excellent idea!! A beach escape gets my vote big time!
  • Cait1998Cait1998 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love this
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yep, I am interested in this. Doesn't hurt to keep mentioning it to show that there is sustained interest.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    More ideas
    New harvestable plants- coconuts, mangos, pineapple, hibiscus flowers
    New skills- sandcastle building (hidden skill), surfing, volleyball
    New food/drink- drinks served in coconuts, tropical dishes with fruit and seafood
    New Objects- Beach toys for children and toddlers (maybe a big beach ball that they can toss around, pails and shovels for sandcastle building), pool bar, volleyball net (that can be placed on beach and allow sims to play in swimwear rather than athletic wear), lounge chairs and hammocks (as previously mentioned), surfboards

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I would like my sims to be able to swim in the ocean and take boats and sail, the kids play in the sand and build castles, toddlers (Toddlers plain the water too.) I would like them to play games on the beach . We had all of this in Sims 3 and you can hardly expect up not to want it again. Sims 3 is a hard act to follow.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    love it!!! a lot of really great ideas! :)

not sure if it's doable with TS4, but going for boat rides and skiing behind a boat would be awesome. a tiki bar would be great as well. :)