Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Going Solo: Cassie McSassy, Gen1; Athletics.

LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
Going Solo Challenge.
Gen1, Cassie McSassy, Athletics.
Chapter001: A new life

Screenshot-2_zps6l5rlidn.jpg
She wants to ride her bicycle, she wants to ride her bike

'Hi! I'm Cass. Well, Cassie, really. But I hate "Cassie", because it rhymes with my family-name. Cassie McSassy.., it sounds as like a struggling stand-up comedian who tries too hard. My parents are like that, you know. The open-minded, humoristic, "do you want to talk about it?" kinda parents. I'm sure that they thought Cassie McSassy was very funny. It's not like they went through middle-school with a name like that.
'I'm an exchange student from Moonlight Falls. The Colonial High-School of Isla Paradiso offered me free studies in exchange for me competing in varsity Track&Field. It's quite an honor to be invited into the Colonial High-School's athletics program because graduating from Colonial High basically guarantees a successful athletic career!
'I didn't need much time to think about going for Colonial High, even though Appaloosa Tech had a very tempting offer too. But I'm not much of a cow-girl and though Appaloosa Tech delivers awesome athletes, they're still not Colonial High!'

Screenshot_zpsswrgh3lq.jpg
Cassie is too short for her bike! lol

'So here I am in the Colonies. I've read in the school-documentation that Isla Paradiso is the cradle of Simmity and the indigneous people of Isla Paradiso are the oldest civilization on Sim-Earth. There's a lot of history here and also a lot of myths. The myth I like most is the story of the servant to the gods who wanted to be a god herself. This servant, known as Tiando, brought down an entire vulcano to expose a god, Nephalim Vuneca. It took all of Tiando's strength to reduce the vulcano to rubble and in that carnage, Nephalim Vuneca managed to escape. The legend says that Tiando is still walking Sim-Earth searching for Nephalim Vuneca so that their final battle can finally come to pass!
'Historians dismiss the legend. They say that the vulcano, now called Mount Vuneca, merely erupted with so much power that the force of it caused it to explode. They say that the Nephalim are a fabrication of the auboriginal medicine-women, who use the legend to rule the tribes with fear.
'I'm glad to be here, because the Colonies are beautiful and the climate is perfect for sports. For a Track&Field athlete like me, the Colonies are ideal!'

Screenshot-2_zpsu3x5pv6p.jpg
The Colonies might be ideal, but is so much sun ideal for a ginger like Cassie?

'The views here are awesome! You can walk around in Moonlight Falls all day long, but you'll never come over a hill and see the main town below you resting in a valley! But here in the Colonies, that's normal! Funny thing, it's so green here that I actually became dizzy on my first day here. My brain just couldn't handle so much green!
'I have to be in the town because there are things I have to do there, sadly. Tomorrow is the first day of school, and there are some things I have to take care of. First is that I'm required by Colonial High to hold down a part-time job. Luckily, my uncle Billy-Bob used to vacation here before he discovered Starlight Shores and he knows a lot of people here. So he made a few phone-calls on my behalf and landed me an opportunity at the bookstore. Bless uncle Billy-Bob. How streneous can working a job in a bookstore be?
'From there I have to visit Colonial Hall, because I need my self-determining minor papers and a permit to conduct financial transactions as a minor. On top of that, I want my witch' permit. On Isla-Paradiso, witchery is forbidden for non-indigneous or non-Paradiso born magic-users. The league of medicine-women have the arcane-sciences in lock-down and the Agency of Arcane Investigations, the AAI, is said to be quite on point seeking out rogue-mages. Well, it's what I heard anyway.
'And after that, I'm going to check out the gym and get a few sets in to pump myself up a bit so that I make a ready impression on the first day in the jock-bunker. You may not be able to beat the locals, but it is important to look like you might. Sometimes, that will win you the race before it even starts.'

Screenshot-3_zpspxwnruoc.jpg
All athletes start out supporting themselves with meaningless jobs. Some of them never progress beyond!

'Uncle Billy-Bob said that I had to look for a quaint bookstore that's meant to trick tourists into believing that the place is authentic Colonial. I guess that this gaudy place fits the bill. They have books on display in the windows, so I should be at the right place. I'm not looking forward to having a job. I have to train and am still expected to turn in assignments and to do homework. And I live alone on a small houseboat, which I rent from Colonial High, that I also have to upkeep. Failing at any of this will mean that I'll be expelled from the program.
'Yeah, no pressure at all!
'Well, time to go in and to make uncle Billy-Bob proud. I don't know the extend of the friendship between uncle and the bookstore-owner. I never thought that uncle Billy-Bob would be friends with a bookworm. I can't even remember seeing uncle Billy-Bob holding a book like ever. Cigars, yes. Women, yes. Plates of food, yes. Books, no.
'Maybe I learn how uncle Billy-Bob became friends with a stuffy bookstore owner!'

Next time on Cassie's gen:
Will the mystery of the bookstore-owner be solved? And what does it take to become a registered witch in Isla-Paradiso?

Comments

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    This is a very good start to the story. Isla Paradiso is a beautiful world to play in (it would be perfect if is wasn't so laggy) and it would be awesome to live in a place like that. I do hope she doesn't have any problems registering as a witch or with the book store owner.
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Piazzagirl1015 If you go into Edit Town on Isla Paradiso and remove the Scott family and their houseboat from the secondary island, you'll have solved much of the lag. On top of that, you might also want to sacrifice Nraas-SP.
    I was born in Bogor on the Isle of Java and the back-country there looks a lot like it. Sometimes I get homesick playing in Isla Paradiso! It's by far the most beautiful world that Maxis made.
    @LittleMinxUndr Thanks for the advice :) I removed some families when I moved the family there but I'm not sure if the Scott family is one of them I'll have to check. SP I can't remove because the last time I removed it the game wouldn't load for some reason. I'm hoping to get through these two generations quickly and move onto a new city. Oh Wow I'm so jealous that you lived in a place that looks like IP. That must have been living in paradise and I can understand why you are homesick.
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    Great Start on your challenge :smiley:
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    This is a great start, I can't wait to see more <3 Isla Paradiso is such a vibrant setting! I hope her being a witch won't be a problem, it sounds like they have some very strict rules. And I have her know, it IS hard work working in retail every day and not lapping customers for being rude s*its! :P

Looking forward to more! :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    @Piazzagirl1015 Right you are! TBH I wouldn't have made use of the dutch migration-program back then if being gay hadn't been illegal by law in Indonesia. I have build a good life in the Netherlands, despite my circumstances, but I do at a weird level regret leaving sometimes.

@Nancy01905 Thanks for the kind words! <3

@MischiefTheKitten Thanks! Yeah, I think that Cassie will soon learn! LOL

Next update later today!
    edited July 2016

Going Solo Challenge.
    Chapter002: Papers, please!

What happened before
    Cassie McSassy, an exchange-student from Moonlight Falls, is scrambling to finalize her business before the first day at Colonial High starts. New to Isla-Paradiso, she revels in the views and the verdant surroundings she finds herself in. Cassie seems to have an enterprising uncle, who appears to be quite different from how she knows him. Uncle ex machina? Who knows!

Chapter 002: Papers, please!

Screenshot-4_zpsdpxz9npn.jpg
    Making exits is as important as making entries. You can't drop your posture until out of eyesight!

'That was easy! "Oh, you're Bibo's neice? You start tomorrow after classes, run along now!" Seriously? I see how uncle "Bibo" is friends with the store-owner, though. That's one fine lady there. Uncle has taste. I wonder how many more "friends" uncle has in the Colonies? Maybe being uncle Bibo's neice might be helpful somewhere else as well.
    'At any rate, I have a part-time job and that was an important item on my to-do list. And I'm not flipping burgers, so SCORE! My study-coach will be happy that I've landed a job too. It's a requirement for studying at Colonial High and I wasn't too keen on it, because I have a lot of responsibilities as a self-determining minor. The study-coach told me that this is what it means to be self-determining and that it won't change once I come of age. When I trade my job for a career, my current responsibilities won't disappear all of the sudden. Many people even add kids to the mix!
    'Yeah, that's a bit looking too far into the future. But I get what the coach was telling me. Well, onwards to Colonial Hall! Maybe things will go down smoothly over there if I name-drop uncle Bibo!'

Screenshot-5_zps43u5hpdy.jpg
    Colonial Hall is an impressive monument of imperialistic oppression of the indigneous people. (Just call me Che.)

'I've only seen Colonial Hall from tourist-brochures and everybody knows that tourist-brochures are photoshop-adverts more than anything else. But to see the building for real is actually more impressive than a hundred pictures can show!
    'There's a lot of history locked away in Colonial Hall. I've read that it was build on the spot where Ebenezer Alto held his motivational speech that kicked of the three-hundred year war against the auboriginals. The original settlers, who called themselves 'the righteous pilgrims', colonized the islands because of a famine on the mainland. They saw the fertile islands as the land promised to them by the Watcher and believed that tilling the soil of Isla Paradiso was a holy mission entrusted upon them. The pilgrims, ignorant of the auboriginal's traditions and beliefs, believed that the auboriginals were performing unholy rituals to twarth the pilgrims in fullfilling their holy mission, which spurred Ebenezer Alto to demonize the auboriginals even more.
    'Such a skilled orator was Ebenezer Alto that he succeeded in launching his peers into a pogrom on the tribes living close to where Colonial Hall now stands. But the auboriginals didn't go to the slaughter willingly and they struck back with a conviction and a cruelty that was never repeated again in history. Led by a beautiful young medicine-woman claiming to be the agent-provocateur Tiando, the auboriginals stood their ground against the colonial forces.
    'The hostilities came to an end after the auboriginals abducted Ebenezer Alto from his heavily guarded fort and delivered him back a while later, skinned and rubbed with salt. Ebenezer Alto died in agony, as the healers of the time didn't had the knowledge to help him. Ebener's passing broke the Colonials' resolve and they offered peace, which was promptly rejected by the auboriginals. Three hundred years later, the auboriginals are technically still at war with the Colonial forces! Wild!
    'Rumor has it that the Tiando who led the auboriginals in the first open war was the same Tiando who defeated Nephalim Vuneca centuries earlier and that Tiando is still alive today! If I believed in the Nephalim-pantheon, I guess that I would find a lot of strength in worshipping Tiando, but I'm a Peterian and believe in the Watcher. I mean, the Watcher doesn't meddle in my life like the Nephalim do, right?'

Screenshot-6_zpsadrdxblk.jpg
    Behind the beauty of Colonial Hall's facade hides a lot of suffering caused by extremely intricate legislation.

'The will to live seeped away from me as I was send from window to window collecting papers, permits to collect papers and papers permitting me to collect papers that would permit me to pick up papers, after which I was told that the papers were intended for majors and not for minors so I had to repeat the process allover again. I became years older in a matter of hours...
    'At the offices of the AAI, the Agency of Arcane Investigations, I was made to feel even less welcome...'
    Clerk:No loitering in the offices, kid. Move along.
    Cassie:But...
    Clerk:Are you deaf?
    Cassie:No! I just...
    Clerk:.., want to report my mum for being an unregistered witch. Like all teenage girls do who are not allowed to see their boyfriends. It won't work, kid. Give it up.
    Cassie:I don't have a boyfriend...
    Clerk:Oh, I see. Listen kid, we take a dim view on kids who think that they deserve special treatment because they're gay. You better leave now before I call in Juvenile Services.
    Cassie:What the marthashape!?
    Clerk:Mind your language, kid! Insulting the administrators is a misdemeanor.
    Cassie:But I'm just an exchange student from Moonlight Falls and am born with magic! I want to get a mage's lisence on grounds of being natural and my desire to nurture and practice my talent!
    Clerk:Why didn't you say so right from the start, kid? You're lucky, you know that? The Colonies maintain a covenant of friendship with Moonlight Falls and getting a permit to practice magic on Colonial soil is greatly relaxed for Moonlight Falls residents. If you can present to me DNA-proof that your talent originates from your mother and that your family has had natural magic for at least ten generations, next to you being able to safely perform magic and able to afford the lisence which will cost you tenthousand Simoleons, the AAI will gladly issue you a witch' permit valid for a year. You Moonlight Falls people have it easy here. Privelege does as privelege is, huh?'
    Cassie:What! Wait till uncle Bibo hears about this!
    Clerk:You're Bibo's neice? By the Watcher! Look kid, I was a bit too eager to do my job. I'm sure you understand. Here, a provisional lisence for you. Take it! Take it with my blessing! We'll mail you your official lisence shortly, valid for life. In honor of Bibo! And please, don't tell Judge-Magistrate Wasimton about this, okay? We don't need another round-table summit with the Mage's Council. Go! Go away before my superior spots me with you at my desk! Please! Leave!

Screenshot-7_zpss0vec1xf.jpg
    Battered and beaten is how all citizens leave Colonial Hall. Cassie is in miserable company in that regard!

'I have no clue what happened there. Name-dropping uncle Billy-Bob was just a bluff and that clerk reacted as if the world collapsed in on him! What's going on with uncle? Mum says that uncle Bibo is a parasite who throws away his part of the family-fortune on booze, women and cars.., but here in the Colonies he has a weird kind of influence. He doesn't even have to be present to get things done! I know uncle Bibo as a "life-artist" and as the annoying "funny uncle" at family-gatherings.
    'At any rate, I have all my papers. But I need to get the frustration out of my system so the gym is next on my list. The weights will know my wrath!'

Next time on Cassie's generation:
    Will the weights tremble before Cassie's wrath? And will uncle Bibo's influence cause weird happenings again? Will we ever find out what's going on with Cassie's uncle?
    That conversation with the Clerk and Cassie had me laughing. Uncle Bibo's name surely opens some doors for Cassie. I wonder what kind of mischief that Bibo caused there to make that clerk change his mind completely by the mention of Bibo's name.
    How odd! Her uncle is clearly more than she realised, and I wonder if her mother knows how highly he stands on Isla Paradiso. This is so intriguing! <3

~MischiefTheKitten

Going Solo Challenge.
    Chapter003: Musclebuster 3000, yay!

What happened before on Cassie's gen:
    Cassie gets the fight taken out of her by Colonial bureaucracy. But then once again being the neice of the seemingly omnipresent while absent uncle Billy-Bob, affectionally known as Bibo amongst the locals, pulls her business out of the fire. Cassie only knows her uncle as a bon-vivant with a penchant for having young women in his company who are drawn to Bibo because he lives the sweet life on his part of the family-fortune.
    What's going on? Cassie doesn't know...

Chapter003: Musclebuster 3000, yay!

Screenshot-8_zpspet9kahf.jpg
    The Colonial Gym used to attract celebrity screen-actors training for their new action-roles. Used to.

'Sim Norris trained here at the Colonial Gym. Arnold Simmenegger and Jean-Claude van Simme too. That was a golden era for the Colonial Gym and Sims from allover Sim-Earth came here to train because of the famous Sims favoring this place. There are still screen-actors who train here some times, like Hugh Jacksim, but the vibe that once rested upon this sports-temple never recovered from the blow it got when Starlight Shores opened their ultra-modern gym. Ever since then, the celebs train there because they're close to the studios and other hotspots that help their career.
    'It makes me feel like I was born too late. The Colonial Gym works hard to maintain the standing it once had, but you can't escape the feeling that it tries to trap ghosts. When you step into the gym, you feel as if you can meet a famous Sim at any moment and rub shoulders with them in an informal manner. But the most famous Sim you probably will run into is some C-lister trying to catch attention from being in a vintage sports-temple.'

Screenshot-9_zpsdyvvd0k8.jpg
    This is a very special torture-device... the legendary musclebuster 3000, endorsed by Sim Norris!!

'Watcher! I can't believe it! The Musclebuster 3000 that Simvester Stalsim used to train for "Simbo's Revenge"! And nobody is using it! I shouldn't savor this moment for too long, before someone claims it other than I. I'm sure that I can tap into Stalsim's lingering presence and work an epic set on this equipment of legend!
    'Imagine, me training on the same bench that greats like Simvester Stalsim, Sim Norris and Arnold Simmenegger trained on! This is a very special moment in any Sim's life who's serious about sports!'

Screenshot-10_zpsdik6iz97.jpg
    Sim Norris, this legpress is for yooooouuuuu!!

'Finally training on real professional equipment is quite different from training on equipment that you buy online... After just one set, my muscles beg for mercy and it is all I can do to struggle for the magical eight set... No matter how I try, I fail to tap into the power of Simvester Stalsim to help me forward. Oh, Simvester... why are you failing me now?
    'Please don't let me die on the altar of aspiration! I have to be buff to make a good impression in the jock-bunker tomorrow! Help me, Simvester and I promise I'll take back the bad reviews for your "Spy-Sim" movies that I placed online! Lend me your strength!!'

Screenshot-12_zpsfftpm0dj.jpg
    Channeling a Simmica Alba shower-scene is less intense.

'I never failed this hard at the weights as I did today... I only made it to the sixth set... But I do feel more buff and if I can take that feeling into tomorrow, I'm sure it will show in the jock-bunker and I'll win the first day at Colonial High.
    'There's one last thing that I'll have to do before this day is done. I'm going to pay a visit to the local branch of Alistair's to check out the deals on the consigned goods. I'm a rapt student of Eleanor Wasimton, the first black Judge-Magistrate of the Mage's Council and fellow Moonlight Falls denizen. She lived here in the Colonies for a while when she struggled with the hundred babies syndrome. Then she suddenly disappeared and while she still heads the Mage's Council, no one knows where she lives now or what she does in her private time.
    'Rumor has it that Eleanor had a weirdly intense friendship with a medicine-woman everybody claims was the mythical Tiando while she lived here, but that's just Paradisoians telling stories to bamboozle the tourists. The Mage's Council has no jurisdiction in the Colonies and representatives of the Council are under heavy survaillance by the AAI when they visit. The League of Medicine-women wouldn't have stood for the friendship, even if one is called Eleanor Wasimton and the other one Tiando of the Bright Moon.'
    'Anyway, in the 'Codex Wasimtonia', penned by Eleanor Wasimton, it is explained how to make a quick fortune consigning items that come into your possession for small change. Eleanor's recounting of how she became a millionare overnight is engrossing reading-material. Now that I have a permit to conduct financial transactions as a minor, I can repeat Eleanor's actions and lay a foundation to future financial independence!

Will Eleanor Wasimton's 'Codex Wasimtonia' prove helpful with Cassie's quest to broker future financial independence?
    Cassie is learning the meaning of "No Pain No Gain" the hard way. I love all you Action Film Sim Star name and I wonder if Steven Simgal, Bruce Simlee and Sim Diesel also worked out there. If Cassie is going to follow Eleanor's methods of becoming wealthy I'm sure she will be a very rich girl quickly.
    I love how you integrate your earlier stories <3 It's great that you can stick to the same universe so easily!
    Haha, poor girl, she's gonna be sore in the morning!! Although, I suppose she'll need to get used to everything hurting :P

~MischiefTheKitten

edited July 2016

Going Solo Challenge.
    Chapter004: Your melons put mine to shame.

What happened before on Cassie's generation:

Desperately invoking the lingering presence of Simvester Stalsim while working out on a vintage Musclebuster 3000, Cassie nevertheless fails to complete the eight sets required for a full work-out. Disappointed with herself, Cassie still sees a positive. With the knowledge of the sage Eleanor Wasimton committed to memory, she hopes to claim a slice of the Isla-Paradiso economic pie!

Chapter004: Your melons put mine to shame.

Screenshot-14_zps8tuyqzfw.jpg
    The only reason Alistair's was able to open a branch in the Colonies is because Eleanor Wasimton owns the retail-chain.

'It's kinda weird to realise that decades ago, a young Eleanor Wasimton stepped into an "Alistair's" and laid the foundation here for her future. Not only did she became pousantly wealthy, but she also set her first steps here to become a legendarily skilled alchemist. As a fellow Moonlight Falls denizen I feel that I must at least honor her by expanding my interest in the arcane, if only from a hobby perspective.
    'I possess magic, like all Moonlight Falls born, but my jam is athletics. In that sense, I take more after another, uhm more infamous, Moonlight Falls resident that took up living here. Topanga Masters, demonized for bringing youthgang-culture to the Colonies, was a petty criminal gangbanger, but she also was an athlete of note and tried to turn her life around by chasing her dream of becoming the best life-guard the Colonies ever had. Had she not perished young in an electrocution-accident, people would remember her now as a saint, I guess. The Masters family-name still holds a stigma in the Colonies to this day.
    'Well, in I go. I have some Simoleons saved up as a starting-capital. I hope it'll be enough to try out Eleanor Wasimton's consigning method!'

Screenshot-24_zpsc0ewaoky.jpg
    I want to buy a motorboat... I mean... To transport melons! Yes! Are those the only two left? I'll take it!

'I stepped in with confidence and made it to the counter with purpose in my stride. But the woman manning the counter sported a distracting sense of fashion that made me quite aware of my own fashion-growth. I mean, my friends back home tease me constantly over the fact that I'm very slow to develop while they themselves turn into full-blown young women more and more by the day.
    'The woman behind the counter became quite annoyed with the awkward silence that remained to keep my attention fixated on her luxury and she opened, "Hey kid, eyes up! You're like that aubie-kid that comes in here just to gawk at my chest. I get the feeling that you young lesbians tweet eachother to come check my rack or something, but I don't find it amusing. I'm not an object so no, you can't touch them. I run a business, so either buy something or get out!"'

Screenshot-22_zpsraqersvu.jpg
    Poor girls in Simfrica would kill for melons! It's not fair!

'"What? No! I'm not gay! I just wish I had breasts like yours!", I blurted in self-defense. The saleswoman's face softened a bit as she looked me up and down, "Yeah, I can see that... Sadly, there's no remedy for lagging behind, kid. You'll just have to be patient, or join the church of mammology. On to business however. You're here to buy something, I hope?"
    '"Yes! I want to buy stuff and then consi-"
    "-Hold it right there, kid.", the saleswoman bruskly interrupted, "You're in the epicenter of Wasimtonian-principles and the woman herself has put down some barriers to avoid that hopefuls like you go broke trying to do what she did. You'll need to be of age no matter what and be able to provide proof of being an established mage and alchemist. Besides that, I really don't need to lose my franchise-deal because of several Colonial Agencies suddenly becoming very interested in my business for enabling underage gambling and whatnot. Now, are you buying or leaving?"'

Screenshot-20_zpscat45pcd.jpg
    If I was able to grow a melon-patch like yours, I would be a 'largest melon in the world' exhibit!

'It wasn't really going as I had envisioned. I have a tidy sum in savings with me and I was hoping to consign some items with a hidden value so that I could triple my savings. And after that, triple it again. It also strikes me as unfair that my role-model would make sure that no-one would be able to repeat what she did. It's... selfish! Obviously, I need to bring in the big guns here. Seriously, Watcher be my witness, tonight I dine in Isla-Paradiso!
    '"Well, do you really want to say no to I, Cassie McSassy, the neice of Bibo?", I claimed by way of first shots fired. The saleswoman remained non-plussed by my veiled threat and there was a certain rumble in her voice when she returned fire, "Okay kid. You better make yourself scarce before I turn you into a horse and sell you to a glue-factory. And tell your uncle to settle his tab within five days before I have his kneecaps broken. Get out!"
    'With my tail between my legs, I hurried out of "Alistair's". There was so much blood running to my cheeks that I felt dizzy an as I stumbled off of the frontporch, my ears painfully stung as the saleswoman's words bounced around in my skull. I learned an important lesson here and I decided to never name-drop uncle Bibo again. Talking about double-edged swords!'

Screenshot-28_zpsmkldsvrl.jpg
    Olly, olly, olly, oxenfree!

'Ashamed, I hurried back to the barge that I rent from Colonial High. It felt as if everybody I passed on the way over knew about my gaffe and were silently judging me. I had fooled myself believing that uncle Bibo was a hero in the Colonies, that he used his fortune to do good here! Maybe mum is right and uncle Bibo really is the parasite that she makes him out to be, a cynical profiteur who uses the people that he first attracts with his money!
    'I hope that the display in "Alistair's" stays there, otherwise my first day at Colonial High will be hellish! There's nothing I can do now to change things though. I'm going to make a nice salad and have a hearthy dinner. That'll make me feel better!'

Who is the weird aubie-kid the saleswoman mentioned? Will she become important somehow? But most of all, what's really going on with Uncle Bibo? Will Cassie ever crack the secret of Billy-Bob?
    Post edited by LittleMinxUndr on
    It seems like Uncle Bibo's name can close doors as fast as opening them. It seems like the Eleanor method of making money is not open to Cassie so she is going to have to find another way. I wonder who that aubie kid is? I think I have an idea.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Yeah, that Bibo... I wonder what he would have to say for himself when he gets cornered one day! The weird aubie-kid though... probably has 'moon' somewhere in her name, lol!
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Do we get to meet uncle Billy-Bob??? He sounds like an interesting man and he is WELL known on that island. LOL

Well all caught up. Cass is finding her way. Can't believe her parents let her go off on her own like that. Scary, but they must know she can handle it.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

edited July 2016

Going Solo Challenge.
    Chapter005: Catching fancy.

What happened before on Cassie's generation:

Cassie ran afoul of name-dropping uncle Bibo. The man appears to be rather two-faced. After having received a good ear-scrubbing by a disgruntled store-owner, she fled home...

Chapter005: Catching fancy.

Screenshot-41_zpsuvvxqsuk.jpg
    Pokesim Go detected a pokesim in Cassie's cupboard!

'Living on a barge is awesome! I was gently rocked and had a great night's rest. Sometimes the barge rocks more violently, but that's because people pilot their powerboats close to the houseboats just to see them bob on the waves that they create. It's a tradition I heard. Auboriginals kept prisoners on barges during the height of the three hundred year war and the colonial forces create huge waves in a bid to destabilize the prison-barges, so that the prisoners in them got violently sick and their jailors forced to bring them above deck for fresh air. So to this day, the citizens of Isla-Paradiso rock the barges as they pass.
    'A few minutes before I have to go to class, I got a text:
    Hey Red, looking forward to be in your classes and to look at you all day long! B.M.
    The text made me smile because reading it filled me with a weird sense of happiness. I can't really explain it, but only when I read it the first time I heard drums beating. Not in the fore, but it sounded like far away but yet intense, demanding but also reassuring. Somehow I feel that I can trust this B.M.
    'Will this B.M. make himself known today? It's exciting!'

Screenshot-42_zpszxugmgvc.jpg
    Warning: result of careful Colonial breeding ahead!

'The warm and fuzzy feeling that I had from the lovely text I had gotten this morning was stomped out the moment I scaled the steps to Colonial High's grand entry. A girl with fine and noble features seized me up and then dismissively cast her eyes to the heavens. This girl has to be Ashley Alto, a direct descendant of Ebenezer Alto. The Altos have the Colonies in an iron economic and political grip, and even families like the Vidals who can likewise trace their lineage back to the original righteous pilgrims, defer to them. Ashley obviously doesn't think much of me.
    '"Oh great, Coach Skinner's new action-figure.", Ashley opened by way of greeting, "And as blatant a genetic dead-end as they come. Brilliant."
    'Even though Ashley's voice sounded like a prowling tiger to my ears and no matter how I had promised myself to make it through the first day of classes unscratched and with maybe a new friend or two, I engaged Ashley, "How do you mean, genetic dead-end?"
    "Seriously? Green eyes, red hair and a skin so light it's almost transparent?", Ashley answered with dripping disdain, "Tell me, do you call your brother uncle? I guess you came to the Colonies to deepen your genepool a bit, but take it from me, your genes are so far gone you'll just bring mongrels with missing toes into the world."'

Screenshot-46_zpst6ulytzs.jpg
    Hi ho Silver!

'The first, most important day of class was a total bummer. Ashley Alto reigns supreme over the other Colonial or Mainlander girls who do whatever she demands. And just because I was drafted for the athletics-program by Coach Skinner and because I've red hair and green eyes I'm unworthy to be part of her circle. The Aubie girls are weirdly interested in me and want to touch my hair all the time, but they never speak to me in Simlish. Amongst themselves they speak Paradiso-jo, a very complicated and impossible to learn language. It's awesome to finally have heard it spoken though! They sound as if they're singing to eachother, so melodious that it makes you happy! When they do talk Simlish, they carry the melody of their language over. I never thought that Simlish was a beautiful language, but having heard an Aubie speak it was an experience!
    'Classes were strange as well... In the sense that Ashley Alto got full marks from every professor even when she obviously gave a wrong answer to a question. The same thing happens when students like Sean Vidal made mistakes... When I finally had enough of it and wanted to tell the professor that he was ignoring the mistakes of Ashley, an aubie who reluctantly listened to Chandell (Which she considers to be her "slave"-name.), pulled me back in my chair while merely slowly shaking her head at me.
    'Chandell is also, uhm, weird. In history-class she talked about the three hundred years war as if she had actually fought in it! She even corrected Professor Cox several times over! The other Aubie kids in school almost idolize or straight up revere Chandell. I think that she's the daughter of an very important chieftain. I don't know enough of the auboriginal tribal society, but it appears to me as if Chandell is some sort of royalty.
    'But Chandell isn't given the same treatment by the professors as Ashley gets. In fact, she and the other aubie-kids were often ignored, no matter how they signalled they had a question or knew an answer. And everytime it's Chandell who slowly shakes her head at anyone Aubie who wants to agitate against the treatment they get.
    'On top of that, Coach Skinner appeared disappointed with my athletic performance on the track. He paced and yelled and finally ordered the entire athletics class to give him ten laps around the track because of me. Because I run like a "drunken cow". So yeah, guess what my nickname in the jockbunker now is. I have my work cut out for me if I want to turn things around... Which I obviously want.
    'I need friends, I realise as I flee from Colonial High. But Ashley shut me out of her clique and the Aubies shut me out on general principle. This will not go as easy as I first thought it would...'

Screenshot-51_zpsng3fkju3.jpg
    No, my hair doesn't hurt! It's just red! Stop bugging me about it! Sheesh!

'My first day at the bookstore wasn't fun too, to top things off. Did I first imagine that I would talk with interesting people as they selected a new novel to buy, the reality saw me in the store-room flattening carton and sweeping the store-room floor. I even have to wear this unsightly outfit and wasn't even allowed anywhere near the actual store! I had to work really hard to get all the things expected off of me done on time.
    'As if Chandell was watching me she gave me a ring as soon as I stepped into my now hide-out from the big evil that's Isla-Paradiso. Right at the moment I closed the door, my cellphone chimed. It was.., unnerving!
    '"Hey Red, you made quite a splash on your first day huh?", it sounded pleasant and melodious, "Want to talk?"
    The moment I heard Chandell's voice, a warm feeling washed over me. I didn't realise it until later that far away in the background of Chandell's voice I hear drums being beaten in an intricate, almost feverish, tempo. It never became really tangible, but it was always there, like a sound that's always there but that you stopped hearing almost. The creaking of an old house, maybe, or like birds singing... a sound that you realise that's always there unless it suddenly stops. But unlike the birds singing, it was impossible to concentrate on the drums hidden deep in Chandell's voice. Each time I instinctly tried to make the sound out as Chandell spoke, it seemed to bury itself deeper away.
    'Spurred on by Chandell's voice more than by what she was saying, I talked. By the time she broke the connection, I felt a lot better. Chandell wants me to wear a skirt tomorrow. I can do that! For Chandell, I will!'

Chandell obviously has reverted back to being a teenager. But why is she interested in an average exchange student from Moonlight Falls? Will Cassie realise that she's falling under a spell?
    Uh Oh here comes trouble, Chandell is back.

btw I had to laugh when I read the the pokesim remark because two minutes before I read it my daughter and my niece just told me they were off to the park to catch pokemon. LOL!
    Uh Oh here comes trouble, Chandell is back.

btw I had to laugh when I read the the pokesim remark because two minutes before I read it my daughter and my niece just told me they were off to the park to catch pokemon. LOL!

Ack! I now see that I mispelled 'niece' everywhere in the story! Well, at least I did it consistently, lol! And a big 'UGH' to Pokemon Go... A kid overhere lost his life the other day because he stepped into traffic trying to get to a Pokemon first. I know, responsibility and all that, but at the same time... it's icky.
    And Chand..., wait... do you hear the drums too?
    Tough first day. Crazy how that Alto chick is treated. If the war is over, why in heavens is she allowed to run things, even the classes like that? I'm so confused LOL. I hope that Cass does stand up and say something, she's already an outcast at this point what does she have to lose?

Chandell...her involvement is always questionable. And almost always self-serving.

edited July 2016
    jazen wrote: »
    Tough first day. Crazy how that Alto chick is treated. If the war is over, why in heavens is she allowed to run things, even the classes like that? I'm so confused LOL. I hope that Cass does stand up and say something, she's already an outcast at this point what does she have to lose?

Chandell...her involvement is always questionable. And almost always self-serving.

The Auboriginal Tribal Authority never signed formal peace with the Colonial Forces and the state of the Colonies is what's politically known as a 'peaceful war'. Pointedly ignoring the atrocities committed that sparked the Three Hundred Years War, the Colonials keep the memory of the Auboriginal response very much alive.
    The families that can trace back their lineage to the Righteous Pilgrims of course have much to gain by being the 'wronged party' in all of that and in the current political climate in the Colonies they have much to protect. Auboriginal emancipation is a doomsday scenario. On top of that, since the economic and political power is in the hands of just three families (Alto, Vidal and Rodell), everyone else is tied to them for sheer livelyhood, even the Aubies that are hidden away from plain sight in the reservations.
    Being critical towards brats like Ashley Alto is not smart if you want to go far in the Colonies!

Yes, Chandell is... trouble. But that's why we love her! ^^
    Well, her uncle has certainly made a name for himself! He seems quite famous, but perhaps he had a bit of a drinking problem if his tap is enough of a problem for Cass to be turned away? :P I wonder if we're going to meet him.
    Cass will need to get creative if she wants to make some money soon - besides her job, that is. It wasn't as easy as she thought and now she needs to rethink things.

~MischiefTheKitten

edited August 2016

Going Solo Challenge.
    Chapter006: Meanwhile at the Scotts...

What happened before on Cassie's Generation:

Cassie's first day at Colonial High was traumatic to say the least and her first day at her part-time job didn't help to alleviate matters a bit. She flees home only to be ringed up by an Auboriginal girl who reluctantly listens to the "slavename" Chandell. Chandell, who keeps her tribal name a secret for now, is seemingly the Auboriginal equivalent of the Colonial it-girl Ashley Alto. But whereas Ashley rules the Colonial and Mainlander kids through sheer bullying, Chandell seems to be naturally revered and sometimes even worshipped by the Auboriginal kids. Who is this "Chandell" and what sparked her interested in Cassie?

Chapter006: Meanwhile at the Scotts...

Screenshot-160_zpsrrly48yr.jpg
    A probably Colonial guy in an Auboriginal home? Plain-clothes police-officer!!

Chandell returned home from the first day of classes at Colonial High feeling quite good at herself. This new body she now inhabited was the product of her old vessel painstakingly keeping track of the Auboriginal bloodlines and brokering arranged marriages. She didn't give any consideration to the person that she destroyed to usurp the body. As Chandell had anticipated, the former occupant was a dimwitted and somewhat vapid girl who's main achievements included being trending on Simterest. The former Chandell was a disappointment to her parents and never would've gotten far. The possessed Chandell was a major improvement, highly gifted, socially engaged and suddenly Tiando Incarnate, the wolfmother of the Auboriginals.
    From Tiando, the legends retold, the Auboriginals of Isla Paradiso sprang forward and through Tiando they got language, mathematics and civilization. Now marginalized and almost driven to extinction, this proud race is the oldest people on Sim-Earth and the first to lay the bricks for the current civilizations on Sim-Earth.
    Chandell felt the alien presence in her home before it manifestated itself with a light tone of voice, as if it had always been there, "Well, well, look at the evil carelessly possessing a new body. It took you a while to create a near perfect copy of your old body, but I dare say you came terrifyingly close."

Screenshot-161_zps8ggxp7qj.jpg
    Other people would run. But Chandell isn't other people...

"Well, well...", Chandell mimicked the opening that the man had used, ".., Nephalim Jupiter. Latest rumor has it that you're overlooking that Nephalim Titan is blood-related to you." The man who Chandell had identified as Nephalim Jupiter merely smiled at Chandell's words and expanded, "Mere gossip for the upcoming Grand-Meet of the Pantheon. Titan is trying to secure the underdog position for herself to garner votes to become Speaker over my person. But that's not why I'm here."
    "Well, if you're here to ask me how to keep a mortal body in shape, ", Chandell kindly observed, ".., then I can only tell you to visit the gym. On that note, Luna's Garden is off-limits to Nephalim and Vunecans. So color me interested in why you are here."
    "I'm here to tell you that you unwittingly walked into my trap, Tiando. As of this moment forward, your powers are sullied and only I can release you from these shackles should I so desire. But I really don't. I never understood why Mars and Vuneca always insist on fighting you head-on. It's almost as if they want to keep you around. Like a favorite pet that always gets praised for soiling the carpets."

Screenshot-168_zpsdoyixjjc.jpg
    Where to turn when the beds are burning?

Chandell didn't even need to try her powers to know that Nephalim Jupiter was telling her the truth about her powers being sullied. Nephalim Jupiter, while mostly keeping to himself, was the Nephalim avatar of deceit and could boast a brilliant if malevolent mind. Deceitful as Jupiter might be, his truths nevertheless didn't need any proving. Now powerless, Chandell was just a teenage girl that had no hope of self-defense against a Nephalim like Jupiter. "W-wait! W-whatever is on y-your mind, there's n-no need for any of it!", Chandell cried out. Loud enough she hoped, to alarm her parents that were sure to be home. "You can stop yelling, Tiando. Chandell's parents aren't aware that we're here. For a brief while, they aren't even aware that they ever had a daughter. That spell won't last however and I have to impart some wisdom into you...", Jupiter said with a menacing tone in his voice, ".., But before that, the reason why I'm truly here. This appearance of mine is a glamor known as Billy-Bob."

Screenshot-170_zpshuxymeqf.jpg
    A scared Chandell... Where's the world coming to?

"W-what?!", Chandell shrieked as her mind worked out the implications of what she had just learned, "Oh no! What did you do, Jupiter? Cassie!! Are you out of your mind?" Jupiter remained quite calm as he witnessed Chandell realising the truth, "I took a page out of your book, Tiando. The details are not important, but Cassie is unawares a half-Nephalim. I never expected her to become an exchange student to Isla-Paradiso, but here we are. But we're on a clock, as I explained before, so what do you say we take it to a place where the time works different and where we show our true faces, hmm?"

Next time on Cassie's Generation
    Bibo is Nephalim Jupiter! The old god of deceit and somehow the father of Cassie McSassy! Will Chandell be able to break free from Bibo's shackles or will she submit to his will?
    Post edited by LittleMinxUndr on
    Uncle Billy Bob!!! Well things are getting complicated now aren't they? Chandell is powerless, Bibo is the god of deceit but Cassie's actual father...poor girl is about to be in for a wild ride depending on what each side wants from her.

That certainly stirred the pot a little. I thought this was a small update but so much happened here. So Uncle Bibo is actually dear ole dad and Chandell is powerless. How Chandell is going to survive without her powers and when will she get them back.