Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    I think the curfew is overdone, but I do like the fact my teenagers can't just do anything they like without being reprimanded. Rebel teens' chances (trait that came with Generations) getting caught violating curfew are greatly reduced by the way.

Sims do talk while eating but you can't control that. It happens automatically as part of the animation.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Man I recently put TS3 aside and got back into TS4. Was over thrilled with toddlers finally making their way back into the game; I even got into Vampires. I tried playing ts2 and found that I missed multi-tasking; even with TS3. I love TS4s art style and the clothes but now I find myself missing TS3!
    I miss the open world, university, the different life states, everything! But I still miss the multi-tasking even though TS3 has it somewhat. TS3 even has emotions; if you hover over the colored meter it'll show "miserable" or "happy" or some variations.
    I feel like TS4 could get to be enjoyable but I don't want to wait another 3 years before I'm satisfied. I want to go back to TS3 but I need a better computer. My computer cannot play the game to where I can overlook minor lag. When I get a better computer, I'll be ecstatic to play TS3 and TS4 and I won't have to choose :)

But.. Man....I REALLY miss TS3! :'(

I don't hate 4 but I have to say I was mourning the fact that my sim who wants to catch a fish can't because the fish in the river by his house are too tricky for him. Fine I'll have him explore somewhere else. Though there are two bodies of water in the parks I still think it's a crying shame that I can't send my sim exploring over to the docks on the other side of the park behind his house. In 3 all that would have been fishable water not just backdrop and then my sim could have found the perfect spot to build his skills. Oh well I hope 5 is better.

BTW I played My Sims Kingdom on the Wii (yes throw anything Sims related in front of me and I'll play I even played sims Free Play on FB though I didn't spend a dime on just on internet usage) and the little frogger toy was a costume your character could play with after they unlocked so many tasks. Also some of the sound bytes for the voices in 4 sounded like the side-kick characters from My Sims Kingdom (Billy being one of them) Oh and when they tell ghost stories some of the little images there were also from My Sims Kingdom, a console game for kids.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
    Hey, don't want to start a new thread just for this, but is it normal that my Sims aren't able to speak with eachother while one is eating? I would've thought that multitasking was that far in 3 already.

Oh, by the way, I've found my first and so far only three complaints about Sims 3, finally, after four days of searching :D
    - There is no lottery. At least not in the basegame. Not good for my rather poor little Sim family. Although we're at 7000 simoleons already :)
    - You can't visit the Wellness Center with a group. After all the stuff I could do, I was genuinely surprised to find out this wasn't possible :D
    - Even when sending a teenager to the lake far away, the police still find him and bring him home again. They also do when he's visiting our literal neighbours from about 30 metres away. I hate the curfew.

My sims seem to be losing there ability to multi-task as well at first they could eat and do anything (almost) but now it's like they are having a hard time even talking and eating or talking and playing and they don't talk through anything on their own anymore I have to click on the sims surrounding my sim myself before they will talk while exercising.
    Hi @ Pancakesandwich :)
    It isn't normal that your sims aren't having a conversation while they eat, because they can and do. They will even have a conversation while eating with another sim watching tv or doing homework, so why your sims aren't conversing, I can't say. They should.

There is a lottery but it isn't base game, came with ITF I do believe. There are a multitude of other ways to make money, in fact I have yet to even have any of my sims buy a lottery ticket at the grocery store.

There is no Wellness Center in the sims 3. You can group up with other sims, though, and go from place to place and hang out. Not to the detailed extent you can in 4 but the system is there. You can also make a Wellness Center of sorts, with some store content. I have an interactive spa in my world which has a sauna, massage table and foot massaging chair.

I don't honestly mind the curfew since it is one of the things which helps differentiate age groups but I completely understand why others are bothered by it. I'm sure there are mods out there to remove the feature, I haven't looked because like I said, I don't mind. It works into the challenge.

I know this is going to sound weird but I was actually missing the curfew from 3 well because what parent allows their children to roam out in the wee hours of the morning (1-2 am)? Apparently Sims 4 parents do shame on them! No consequence either. Though it was strange I was getting older people coming by my Sims house at first I was a little perplexed and then I thought I'll pretend they are the babysitters so I had them take the kids to the park. They did seem to watch over them I wish there was a baby sitter option in 4.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I think the curfew is overdone, but I do like the fact my teenagers can't just do anything they like without being reprimanded. Rebel teens' chances (trait that came with Generations) getting caught violating curfew are greatly reduced by the way.

Sims do talk while eating but you can't control that. It happens automatically as part of the animation.

I loved how in 2 your teen Sims could sneak out. I always wished I could go with them and see what they could get up to. Sometimes they'd get caught sometimes they wouldn't. 3 fulfilled my wish of seeing what they could get up to but then they got taken in everytime even if they were with adults. It always led to extensive punishment and sometimes their buffs wouldn't go away and they'd also have the sneak around animation if that happened it was too buggy in 3 but its non-existent in 4. I would rather have the option just have all the bugs ironed out.
    Jenzup wrote: »

I loved how in 2 your teen Sims could sneak out. I always wished I could go with them and see what they could get up to. Sometimes they'd get caught sometimes they wouldn't. 3 fulfilled my wish of seeing what they could get up to but then they got taken in everytime even if they were with adults. It always led to extensive punishment and sometimes their buffs wouldn't go away and they'd also have the sneak around animation if that happened it was too buggy in 3 but its non-existent in 4. I would rather have the option just have all the bugs ironed out.
    I agree they aproached that curfew thing too drasticly (silliest thing being they can't go to school when having house arrest :s ). A tip for the sneaking glitch: go into edit town, take out the teen and put them right back in. That solves the problem ;) I truely hope they'll add real true teen stuff to Sims 4 in the future.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    I do like how in the Sims 3 the vampires can be out in the sun longer than the ones in the sims 4. I loved the open world.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Sp1k3_Th3_B1g_B4dSp1k3_Th3_B1g_B4d Posts: 12 New Member
    Yeah. The sims 4 just doesn't cut it. They never added an open world making it near impossible to add any city content.
  • Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    The Sims 4 it is missing a lot of features that we had in previous games. I mean that we had those features since The Sims 2. For example the elevation of terrain, the cars, the food delivery, the repo man, the option to edit your town, the beauty of the building by using elevators, the open world of the Sims 3 and the create style tool for the same game, the big words. I understand that the gameplay doesn´t recall a 100% on these features, but as long time players we are expecting that the next generation will be better than the last. In this case we just jumped to play with a game that is not as good as previous games. When we get a new generation we expect the game to be better than previous versions. In this case we got a game that is trying to be better but it is not. Many of us just found out that we had more fun buying expansion packs and stuff packs for The Sims 2 and 3 than we have with the Sims 4 that is chopped into many unnecessary packs, stuff packs that leave the option for one expansion pack per year.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2017
    I play TS since TS2, but when I play TS2 and TS3 I remark I miss many things of TS4. True TS4 missing some options, I know but if they make the next Ep and GP like this start of 2017, TS4 can be better.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    I can see all the simmers upset with the Sims 4 and am just wondering who else actually likes the Sims 3 better? Minus the lag, Sims 3 has so much more to do and I feel like the developers took more time with it. Plus the open world and extra objects available through the Sims 3 store just made the experience that much better imo!
    Plus I like the more realistic look than the cartoony Sims 4 look, but thats just me :p

I can't do 4. I tried for a few month but I just can't. All the ridiculous cheesy grins and over exaggerated animations coupled with the absolute lack of anything new really.. Just noo

I've never had lag really more than a second or 2 in CAS, until I accidentally put some TS2 skintones into my 3 mods folder.. That slowed my CAS down ridiculously. You might try delphys dashboard if it's too bad.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Well, TS4 has better graphics and prettier animations. Oh, and it runs smoothly, these are enough reasons for many people to play it instead of the earlier games. For TS5, they should just remake TS3 gameplay-wise with TS4 graphics and, to reduce lag, semi-open worlds. I think everyone would be happy with this game then.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited May 2017
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Well, TS4 has better graphics and prettier animations. Oh, and it runs smoothly, these are enough reasons for many people to play it instead of the earlier games. For TS5, they should just remake TS3 gameplay-wise with TS4 graphics and, to reduce lag, semi-open worlds. I think everyone would be happy with this game then.

@Huiiie_07 - Does graphics = art style because if so I wouldn't particularly like that. I don't think TS4 has any textures and the backdrops aren't my cup of tea!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    The art style is one of the many reasons why I wont buy this iteration of the game. It's hideous. I wouldn't be happy at all with another plastic art style like that.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I've bashed TS4 a lot and I've praised TS3 as well, but honestly, I think I like The Sims 4 more. Or at least, more interested. With modders moving on to the Sims 4 and with the hope we could get Pets, Seasons, Werewolves, and Magic, I'm curious on what modders and EA\Maxis do to the game.

I'm just burnt out on the Sims 3. I did really enjoy the game ( spent over 3,000 hours playing it ), but now that I know not much else will be going on for the Sims 3, it loses its appeal. Bought University yesterday and I'm already bored.

It's also the smaller things, really. I like the feminine walkstyle for the women, I like the hands on CAS, I like the singing skill, and the graphics, while certainly cartoony, are enjoyable to me.
    aricarai wrote: »
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

@Huiiie_07 - Does graphics = art style because if so I wouldn't particularly like that. I don't think TS4 has any textures and the backdrops aren't my cup of tea!

I thought more about the looks of the sims themselves, which I prefer a lot over TS3. I still play TS3 and like its gameplay, but the sims are imo hideous without cc. It wouldn't bother me if there were more object textures in TS4, I agree with you on that, but I personally love the backdrops, they make the worlds much prettier and believable. I realized it when City Living came out - due to the backdrops San Myshuno actually looks as big as a real city, while Bridgeport is just a world in the size of Sunset Valley with skyscrapers instead.

I like to build stuff
    edited May 2017
    The personal preferences for the different versions are strong, which makes "well Sims X has better dotdotdot" where it comes to looks a wrong way of putting it. Because, well, speak for yourself ;) I much prefer how my sims in TS3 behave - animation wise - and look, also vanilla. Looks and behaviour of the sims in 4 irritate me.

And as for backdrops..., well, all I can say is that playing in Bridgeport feels like citylife to me and playing in San Myshuno feels like my sims are in a play. It looks great for sure, but they're not a part of it. They can look at it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Well, TS4 has better graphics and prettier animations. Oh, and it runs smoothly, these are enough reasons for many people to play it instead of the earlier games.
    Not to sound rude and all but these are NOT reason enough for me to play TS4. I much would prefer to keep playing TS3 as I love the graphics better, I love the way the Sims look, I love the animations that my Sims do. They have me laughing so hard at the things that they do in my game. The game runs just fine on my PC and that was even before I had added any mods. The only reason why I wanted to use mods is because I have always wanted to use the Traveler mod so that I can can send my whole Scooby Doo and the Gang to other worlds and not just Fred, Daphne, Shaggy and Velma. And plus I wanted to install the Mystery Machine that someone has over on MTS and couldn't since I didn't have the set up for the mods folder that I needed to have for the van. They did look kind of funny exploring around in Egypt without Scooby Doo sniffing out clues for them and them driving around in a vehicle that wasn't the Mystery Machine.

I also I love the open feel of the world as I can spot an island over in a lake and take a boat out to it to explore since TS3 doesn't have the fake backdrops.

Take these pictures for an example. You can't do this in TS4.
    LiSzTwsl.jpg
    YcahIcNl.jpg

Now I'm out on this island talking to a classmate on the phone... :)
    zOtnMo4l.jpg

Take this for an example. I can go anywhere in this picture and not be limited to how far that I can go and not bump into a fake backdrop... ;)
    xa7vFStl.jpg

And as for the Sims in TS3 being hideous, I have seen other players creating Sims that looks real good without ever having to use custom skins/eyes/hair or whatever else that they use to create Sims with.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/911548/making-sims-without-a-ton-of-cc/p1

Here is one of my SS that I have made. And she is made without CC skins or anything else. And I don't find her hideous.
    sELrqkHl.jpg
    KApvKS5l.jpg

Now take this picture of a Sims 4 sim. I feel like someone had taken a clump of clay and molded this sim out of clay. The hair to me doesn't even look real to me, it looks like someone made the hair out of Play-do. And no, I'm not trying to bask TS4 Sims but that is how I feel when I look at TS4 Sims. I am not very impressed with how they look or how they act in the game.
    th?id=OIP.7_EL4Q1jErOxwtfETR3ZQwEsCo&pid=15.1

So I guess what I'm saying is that whatever reasons you or anyone else think that are good reasons for many or anyone else to play TS4 isn't good enough for others who still prefer the older games to newer and shinier game. Newer doesn't always mean better to everyone.

I'm glad that there are players out there that love TS4 and would rather prefer to play that one instead of the older games. We all love the Sims no matter which version of game it is and we all get enjoyment out of those games that we prefer to play... :)
    edited May 2017
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Well, TS4 has better graphics and prettier animations. Oh, and it runs smoothly, these are enough reasons for many people to play it instead of the earlier games.
    Not to sound rude and all but these are NOT reason enough for me to play TS4. I much would prefer to keep playing TS3 as I love the graphics better, I love the way the Sims look, I love the animations that my Sims do. They have me laughing so hard at the things that they do in my game. The game runs just fine on my PC and that was even before I had added any mods. The only reason why I wanted to use mods is because I have always wanted to use the Traveler mod so that I can can send my whole Scooby Doo and the Gang to other worlds and not just Fred, Daphne, Shaggy and Velma. And plus I wanted to install the Mystery Machine that someone has over on MTS and couldn't since I didn't have the set up for the mods folder that I needed to have for the van. They did look kind of funny exploring around in Egypt without Scooby Doo sniffing out clues for them and them driving around in a vehicle that wasn't the Mystery Machine.

I also I love the open feel of the world as I can spot an island over in a lake and take a boat out to it to explore since TS3 doesn't have the fake backdrops.

Take these pictures for an example. You can't do this in TS4.
    LiSzTwsl.jpg
    YcahIcNl.jpg

Now I'm out on this island talking to a classmate on the phone... :)
    zOtnMo4l.jpg

Take this for an example. I can go anywhere in this picture and not be limited to how far that I can go and not bump into a fake backdrop... ;)
    xa7vFStl.jpg

And as for the Sims in TS3 being hideous, I have seen other players creating Sims that looks real good without ever having to use custom skins/eyes/hair or whatever else that they use to create Sims with.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/911548/making-sims-without-a-ton-of-cc/p1

Here is one of my SS that I have made. And she is made without CC skins or anything else. And I don't find her hideous.
    sELrqkHl.jpg
    KApvKS5l.jpg

Now take this picture of a Sims 4 sim. I feel like someone had taken a clump of clay and molded this sim out of clay. The hair to me doesn't even look real to me, it looks like someone made the hair out of Play-do. And no, I'm not trying to bask TS4 Sims but that is how I feel when I look at TS4 Sims. I am not very impressed with how they look or how they act in the game.
    th?id=OIP.7_EL4Q1jErOxwtfETR3ZQwEsCo&pid=15.1

So I guess what I'm saying is that whatever reasons you or anyone else think that are good reasons for many or anyone else to play TS4 isn't good enough for others who still prefer the older games to newer and shinier game. Newer doesn't always mean better to everyone.

I'm glad that there are players out there that love TS4 and would rather prefer to play that one instead of the older games. We all love the Sims no matter which version of game it is and we all get enjoyment out of those games that we prefer to play... :)

You may have noticed that I wrote "many players, not everyone, of course not, if so, there wouldn't be any more people who play TS3 :D I also still play it from time to time, so I didn't move on to TS4 completely. It was just a suggestion, because I saw many people saying that TS4 has better graphics and animations than TS3, but these are still opinions and can differ from person to person, it's just that I also share it.

Of course, we could discuss about wether TS3 sims or TS4 sims look better, but that's again pointless, because our opinions differ in that. I personally like TS4 sims better because they don't look that realistic. Imo a more unrealistic art style suits the sims series much better. And what did you expect from TS4 graphics before it was even announced? I can't think of any way the realistic looking art style of TS3 could have been improved much more than in TS3. It was obvious that they would go a different direction.
    But I must admit that a good cc skin is enough in most cases, I even dare to say that most sims that are created with many cc look extremely bad and much more unrealistic. My problems are more the imo emotionless faces and the way these sims move.

I'm not completely against an open world, If we may get a semi-open world in TS5, without loading screens in the same neighborhood, everything you described could be done in it, too. Nonetheless, not everyone can be pleased, it was the same with TS3, there are people who never played this game because they never liked it how it is.

I think the lack of an open world in TS4 doesn't bother me that much because I am just a casual player who wants to play a funny game from time to time, and who still has the option to play TS3 if the missing features in TS4 begin to bug too much.

I like to build stuff
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Colours are far better in the sims 4 than in the sims 3 but no way to compare the two gameplays. Sims 3 is perfectible of course I sometimes miss some awesome realistic interactions from the pie menu from the sims 2 and they could add the search bar and the MOO of the sims 4 no more omsp that ruined a game. The Gurus at that time put a lot of stuffs but occults some as for sms for instance. Why we can't read them in the notification as in the sims 4? Why we can always write love letters and not other types of even hate letters? Why no more prank calls like in the sims 1, other including ambitions carreers Police or the hospital carreer for instance. More courses to take at university etc. I don't know yet the game by heart because nobody knows it I think even people who plays it for several years and switched on the sims 4 defintively. It also lack of vets stuffs, pharmacy and shops as well and more illness.
    Ok that's details it globally awesome as it is and sure the Gurus team of the sims 3 made a very marvellous work on it .

In the sims 4 despite the improuving (I heard about I just tested it a couple of times not in my computer) it is hardly enjoyable and I am sure sims 4 players can't stay more than 4 hours except for decorating on it.
    Red is red and blue is blue;
    How are TS4 colours (far) better for you?

(yeah, feeling poetic B) )
    Do not fall for the trap,Don't Let @JoAnne65 get started with poetry, next thing you know this whole thread will sound like a Dr.Suess book. :(

:D

Kidding

But yeah wondering that too how baby blue is better than umm baby blue :|

I tried Sims 4, I tried a lot...
    Could not like the game I bought.
    I tried it once, I tried it twice...
    Just to make sure, I tried it thrice

Closed world gaming is the pits.
    The cartoon sims gave me the fits.
    Multitasking was no fun.
    My sims didn't get a plum thing done...

So back I go to Sim 3 fare.
    The open worlds a delight there.
    Sims 3 for my heart has won.
    It's proven, 3 is much more fun.

Told you, @CravenLestat, the threat for poetry comes from different locales. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer sigh....I just love a poet. Best post all week! <3
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Colours are far better in the sims 4 than in the sims 3 but no way to compare the two gameplays. Sims 3 is perfectible of course I sometimes miss some awesome realistic interactions from the pie menu from the sims 2 and they could add the search bar and the MOO of the sims 4 no more omsp that ruined a game. The Gurus at that time put a lot of stuffs but occults some as for sms for instance. Why we can't read them in the notification as in the sims 4? Why we can always write love letters and not other types of even hate letters? Why no more prank calls like in the sims 1, other including ambitions carreers Police or the hospital carreer for instance. More courses to take at university etc. I don't know yet the game by heart because nobody knows it I think even people who plays it for several years and switched on the sims 4 defintively. It also lack of vets stuffs, pharmacy and shops as well and more illness.
    Ok that's details it globally awesome as it is and sure the Gurus team of the sims 3 made a very marvellous work on it .

In the sims 4 despite the improuving (I heard about I just tested it a couple of times not in my computer) it is hardly enjoyable and I am sure sims 4 players can't stay more than 4 hours except for decorating on it.
    Red is red and blue is blue;
    How are TS4 colours (far) better for you?

(yeah, feeling poetic B) )
    Do not fall for the trap,Don't Let @JoAnne65 get started with poetry, next thing you know this whole thread will sound like a Dr.Suess book. :(

:D

Kidding

But yeah wondering that too how baby blue is better than umm baby blue :|

I tried Sims 4, I tried a lot...
    Could not like the game I bought.
    I tried it once, I tried it twice...
    Just to make sure, I tried it thrice

Closed world gaming is the pits.
    The cartoon sims gave me the fits.
    Multitasking was no fun.
    My sims didn't get a plum thing done...

So back I go to Sim 3 fare.
    The open worlds a delight there.
    Sims 3 for my heart has won.
    It's proven, 3 is much more fun.

Told you, @CravenLestat, the threat for poetry comes from different locales. :mrgreen:

Love this... :)
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    In the night of my world
    Mazakeen said while she hurled,
    A werewolf aside of her child
    Here, daughter, you must grow wild.

Are they still talking plum?
    Everyone knows this ain't the slum.
    For us there is no sims four.
    -Thats only a for a slim wh***

Yes, mama. You've always been right.
    Now lets go and give fight
    Them pesky werewolves never rest
    Even if us vampyres are the best.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    edited May 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer Lol, love your poetry :D

Edit: and @Mazakeen ^.^
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer , that was an awesome poem, I loved it.
    So is yours @Mazakeen
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top