Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

I can see all the simmers upset with the Sims 4 and am just wondering who else actually likes the Sims 3 better? Minus the lag, Sims 3 has so much more to do and I feel like the developers took more time with it. Plus the open world and extra objects available through the Sims 3 store just made the experience that much better imo!
Plus I like the more realistic look than the cartoony Sims 4 look, but thats just me :p

Comments

• Options
    sweetyjay96sweetyjay96 Posts: 104 Member
    Ah, yes, sims 3 has toddlers too! I cannot believe I forgot about that! Also miss the advance customization with the color wheel!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I can see all the simmers upset with the Sims 4 and am just wondering who else actually likes the Sims 3 better? Minus the lag, Sims 3 has so much more to do and I feel like the developers took more time with it. Plus the open world and extra objects available through the Sims 3 store just made the experience that much better imo!
    Plus I like the more realistic look than the cartoony Sims 4 look, but thats just me :p

I like the TS4 graphics overall, I still don't what they did to the sims upon the beta stage though, sims looked much better imo, they are much more pudding now.

But anyways, I still very much prefer TS3 and especially TS2 over TS4. TS4 is just plane boring to me, I can't get enjoyment off of it, the constantly changing and inconsistent, annoying emotions, lack of toddlers and "real" babies, no cars or carpools, goal nit-picked aspirations and basic whims, the constant smiles, lack of any real interactions and discrimination against traits (good, bad, even loves the outdoors all the same) and annoying useless skills (comedy skill anyone? All unlockable interactions are the same with different names on it, almost like the mischief skill and charisma skill), just can't make me play that game for more than 5 minutes.

Cas and Build mode are good though, with some small exceptions and limitations on the build mode side.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

But anyways, I still very much prefer TS3 and especially TS2 over TS4. TS4 is just plane boring to me, I can't get enjoyment off of it, the constantly changing and inconsistent, annoying emotions, lack of toddlers and "real" babies, no cars or carpools, goal nit-picked aspirations and basic whims, the constant smiles, lack of any real interactions and discrimination against traits (good, bad, even loves the outdoors all the same) and annoying useless skills (comedy skill anyone? All unlockable interactions are the same with different names on it, almost like the mischief skill and charisma skill), just can't make me play that game for more than 5 minutes.

Cas and Build mode are good though, with some small exceptions and limitations on the build mode side.

I couldnt agree more about the gameplay being so boring! I find myself trying to force myself to play just to get my moneys worth but its just so hard. Its so bad that I usually make a new active household every couple days hoping that the next will get me into the game but it never does
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    How I rate them:
    TS2 > TS4 > TS3 :P
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I used to like the Sims 4 more than 3 but too many game mechanic limitations and bugs ruined my experience with the Sims 4. Plus with how poor customers have been treated. The Sims 3 I consider the lesser evil. Yes it limited my rotational game play, but so does the Sims 4 to a much greater extent along with several of my other styles. So I took advantage of the Steam sale and completed my Sims 3 EP collection. Sims and Sims 2 are still my favorites.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    TS3 is my top fav but I have played them all (1-4). It runs pretty decent for me. I own the whole collection and about 90% of the store. 4GB worth of CC/Mods. I don't feel limited one bit. There is always so much to do.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TS3 is my top fav but I have played them all (1-4). It runs pretty decent for me. I own the whole collection and about 90% of the store. 4GB worth of CC/Mods. I don't feel limited one bit. There is always so much to do.

Random but I love your icon! World Adventures is my absolute favorite expansion pack ever made!
  • Options
    I definitely played too much but I cant anymore :,c My computer cant handle it, so much lag :cc
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2016

Random but I love your icon! World Adventures is my absolute favorite expansion pack ever made!
    World Adventures is very fun. :) I'm waiting for one of my sims to die from the mummy's curse.. But she has a death flower. I just want to see the death.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I prefer the sims 3, the problem I have with it is that I get too addicted to it. :#

Yep it has the same effect as sims 2 on me
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been playing TS2 UC and TS3 a lot and use Mods in both of them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I prefer the sims 3, the problem I have with it is that I get too addicted to it. :#

Yes I have that issue.

The worst time to play TS3 is before I start work and I have forbidden myself from playing in the evening as I would otherwise get no sleep ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    I have to say I greatly prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4 ... But that's easy enough to understand since I haven't even tried Sims 4.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @BlackSand I only tried the TS4 free trial, partially out of curiosity and partially because I got tired of the 'but you have never even played TS4 s you cannot comment...' types of replies. Funnily enough no one has used that against me since I did three whole videos ;)

But I gave TS4 30 points out of 100. The high points was the new CAS which is the only thing that is on par, if not better than what we have in TS3.

The worlds are tiny though and the gameplay is a little bit 'meh' for my liking.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    TS4 basegame just really is way too bare, I'm surprised there are people who were able to have fun with that to be honest. With GTW and GT (50% discount, couldn't resist) at least there are things to do and Windenburg is a much more open place than the other neighborhoods.

This topic started in the TS4 section by the way, now it's here. That will influence the outcome ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 You always have to have the popcorn at the ready when a thread gets moved from TS4 GD to TS3 GD ;)

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I prefer sims 3 over 4 for the graphics,the stuff to do,toddlers (I can't stand babies jumping out of their crib into a child :s ) I especially love the supernatural ,more space to put venues .theres very few things sims 4 does better.thats the gallery and the ability to put stuff down in world in an instant ,better building tools .

However I really want my sims to swim in the ocean on sims 4 and they just can't :s

I love cast and the color wheel in sims 3 ,rather have that over sims 4 building mode any day.good trade off . I came back to my sims 3 after a month of playing sims 4 .felt like a new game to me and I had so much more fun playing sims 3
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    @MemoriiValentine I have been playing TS3 for 6 years now, and it still feels like a new game to me ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited July 2016
    I really wanted to like TS4 but it started getting glitchy on me and I couldn't be bothered to look into it. Not when there's no open world, CASt or my Sims 3 family which I wouldn't give up for anything. TS3 is an excellent life simulator, TS4 just feels like it could have been made for phones and tablets. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way and feels way too different than all the Sims games before it. Change is good but they chose not to take their best features from TS2 and TS3. And what they came up with people are either gonna love it or not care at all.
    Post edited by coco on
  • Options
    @coco well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    coco wrote: »
    I really wanted to like TS4 but it started getting glitchy on me and I couldn't be bothered to look into it. Not when there's no open world, CAS or my Sims 3 family which I wouldn't give up for anything. TS3 is an excellent life simulator, TS4 just feels like it could have been made for phones and tablets. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way and feels way too different than all the Sims games before it. Change is good but they chose not to take their best features from TS2 and TS3. And what they came up with people are either gonna love it or not care at all.

Well said .many sims remember the ts4 fridge glitch .oh the sims lost to that glitch
    Happy Simming!♥
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top