Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    i found that laptop on tescodirect for £1,699,97 and it's brand new, i rather pay more for a brand new one than a used one, it seemed a bit dodgy the ones on amazon

No offense but you are spamming this thread with too many posts of nonsense questions when others need help. Thats a big jump from 500 pound used laptop to a 1600 pound laptop. Buy whatever you want.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2016
    @thesims_gamer96 - The point is, we are saying that the MSI model is theoretically upgradable, but there isn't a card in existence as of today that one could upgrade to from a 980M that would fit (is there?) and doing so wouldn't make any difference to TS3. If you have other intended uses for all that graphics power not related to simming, then justifying the expense would be a different matter. I might not have put it quite the way @phoebebebe13 did, but she's right in that it doesn't really feel like this conversation is on topic for TS3 anymore.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    if i was a member i would have made a separate topic about this, so that is why i did post it, it does say thread for new members, and as mine is not member this is the only place to post as rosemow suggested this thread :)

I understand that but it does not mean make several posts about keyboards ( which you need to ask the seller about, not us) . Going from one laptop to another. Asking some questions that you could answer yourself. Posting on my wall if I don't answer. Sorry but we don't work for EA. We are all players that volunteer our personal time to help others. We are also on different time zones. Usually when someone is actually interested in buying a computer they post their budget and country and we will help find you the best choices we can within your budget. Not start off with I want a used laptop for 500 pounds and oh now I have 1600 pounds 10 posts later.
  • AllMadHereAllMadHere Posts: 55 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    have never tried to make a personal cemetery off my own lot

I've done that only once - in university. A dormie caught on fire after being outside too long on a very hot day (or that's what I think happened) and died on the dorm lot. I got tired of the ghost so one morning moved the lot to a sim's inventory and placed it on the Grotto lot. I was surprised that worked. The university world doesn't have a cemetery though.

I've never tried moving a grave to a homeworld's cemetery lot. @AllMadHere , did you check the home lot in case the game put it there? I'd use MasterController to find the lot.

What is MasterController?
    AllMadHere wrote: »
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    have never tried to make a personal cemetery off my own lot

I've done that only once - in university. A dormie caught on fire after being outside too long on a very hot day (or that's what I think happened) and died on the dorm lot. I got tired of the ghost so one morning moved the lot to a sim's inventory and placed it on the Grotto lot. I was surprised that worked. The university world doesn't have a cemetery though.

I've never tried moving a grave to a homeworld's cemetery lot. @AllMadHere , did you check the home lot in case the game put it there? I'd use MasterController to find the lot.

What is MasterController?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Getting+Started+Using+NRAAS+Mods
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Why is nobody accept my apology yes i know it was annoying but theres no need to not forgive me :( so phoebebe13 please accept my apology :(
    Its not me you have to apologize to. EA has forum rules, spamming and bumping threads is not permitted.
    I never spammed anything i posted questions on ONE topic it would be understandable if i did it on e.g 5-8 topics but i didnt so please accept my apology i didnt mean it :(:(
    We accept your apology. But we would really like this thread to be used for its original purpose, for New Members who cannot start their own threads and who need tech assistance. Really long conversations that wander away from their original subject detract from that purpose and might discourage others who need help from posting here. I know you can't start your own thread yet and that can be frustrating, but this one isn't really meant to be for long, ongoing and wandering conversations like a member-originated one might be.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2016
    does anyone know any websites that sell the MSI GT80S 6QE Gaming Laptop under £1,000 as others are WAY too expensive like £2,000-5,000 and i found one on amazon.co.uk brand new for £980.00 but was gone when i went back to look at it, but yeah does anyone know of any websites that sell that model for under £1,000?

There are four MSI GT80S 6QE on Amazon.co.uk now, and they cost between £2799,97 for the cheapest, and £3588,41 for the most expensive, so if you found a brand new one for only £980, and that page is now gone, it was probably a mistake.

the model version i seen had a Dual SLI GTX 980 Desktop 16GB Graphics Card, what model is MSI's newer gaming laptops the GT80 series or the GT70 series?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question. Could you maybe rephrase it and make it more clear?

edited October 2016
    the laptop i mentioned the graphics is the GTX 980 but it is the Desktop Version of the GTX 980 not the Laptop version, it doesnt have the M at the end only the model number if that makes it more clear

I'm afraid it doesn't. I don't see how you could put a desktop GTX 980 graphics card into a laptop. It's way too big to fit in there, and besides, all the MSI GT80S 6QE in the Amazon.co.uk link I posted have GTX 980M graphics cards.
    the model version i seen had a Dual SLI GTX 980 Desktop 16GB Graphics Card, what model is MSI's newer gaming laptops the GT80 series or the GT70 series?

This game will not play in sli and many other games won't so you would have to disable one card. Its not worth it.
  • WillowsGallWillowsGall Posts: 197 New Member
    I have played the Sims 3 on my laptop for 5 years, had a repair and then a few crash problems so had to do a factory reset of the laptop. Installed sims played fine for a week and then had a pop up having to register windows to then realise I had chosen the wrong version (i did home ultimate instead of premium) so had to do yet another reset. Now when I play the sims I get to CAS and the game crashes. Crash log annalizer says I have a missing or corrupt skuversion.txt I have uninstalled the sims and cleaned the registary and then reinstalled and still having the same problem with the same info given from the crash log. All drivers have been installed since the factory reset.
    I am at a loss considering I have been playing fine for all this time till my 2nd factory reset!!
    I download the sims from ORIGIN and for some reason this time, I have the Adventureland world so dont know if this is why
    edited October 2016
    @WillowsGall - Not entirely sure what's gone wrong in the final reset there, but you can ignore CLA. It is not compatible with Patch 1.69, most players get both the skuversion error and errors all over the place about an unexpected executable being used, as 1.69 uses TS3.exe while CLA is expecting to analyze TS3w.exe (that's for 1.67 and below). A developer has made a 1.69 update for the CLA tool, but it's just as broken because they didn't at first understand what the problems were. Right now I would call that project still a work in progress.

The Adventureland world is irrelevant and safe to ignore also.

A better step to take, if you haven't already done so, is to pull your TS3 game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping and see if you can get a new game started on the fresh, clean folder that will spawn in its place hopefully without the CAS crashes.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor I have dragged the folder out, and I have still gotten a crash. CAS crashes as soon as I get to the clothes part. Its really frustrating me now, any other ideas?
    Okay, this is a clean game folder with no content added and a fresh game, not one added into the Saves folder from elsewhere? If so, this is not the way the game should be behaving especially on hardware where it worked properly before.

If you could please, provide us with a dxdiag report on your system so we can see what kind of environment the game is running in. There might be something that can be adjusted here. You would have to paste the report into several responses as it will be far too long to fit into one or use pastebin.com to upload it.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

Also please tell us how may EPs are in play and which ones.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes all fresh. Doing a dxdiag has enlightened me to the fact I no longer have a nvidia graphics card or the dedicated memory that I used to!! (I had my motherboard replaced) however that being said, for the past 3 weeks I have been able to run the sims 3 with all expansions I currently have. (supernatural, pets, adventures, seasons, ambitions, generations) + all store content and a handful of cc.
    I have just run the sims 3 base game and lowered all my graphic settings and it hasnt crashed in CAS, I have also ran with all my expansions apart from world adventures and it hasnt crashed.
    Im just downloading my NRaas Mods and going to have a little play and then see if I can get store content, and then run on higher settings.
    The only thing I have done different, apart from lowering the graphics is start up through origin, rather than clicking the desktop icon
    Ok, crashed again in cas choosing the clothes. Played without world adventures and supernatural. Was able to create a sim, and design clothes. 10-15minutes into game play I had another crash. Grrrr, so frustrated especially as I have been playing with default settings ect before whilst not knowing about the change in graphics card to having this mess around trying to play
    @WillowsGall - As this is a laptop, it might have dual graphics as many of them do and the game will need help in using the right card (if, of course, it's still there) by way of the Nvidia Control Panel and possibly a couple of other things that may have gotten lost in the shuffle.

But we would really need to be able to see the full version of that dxdiag to suggest what to do next. Right now we are just guessing as to the causes of what you are seeing.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    The nvidia is no longer there unfortunately. I will post the dxiag in the morning. (I'm in bed on my phone atm) in the mean time could you offer advice on these laptops (if they will run the sims 3 and 4)
    Lenovo ci3 8gb 1TB
    Acer Aspire ES1
    Acer Aspire ES AMD E1

edited October 2016
    The first one is practically a no-go. The Acer Aspires with or without AMD are series of laptops with all different specs, but none of them look like they rise to the correct level either (I could be missing something) for either game. But I think we're in the wrong ballpark here.

A new laptop capable of carrying TS3 with all EPs will run at least $900 (US Dollars), though sometimes sales can be had. Desktops are cheaper for stronger components. For TS4, we kind of have to predict what future patches and EPs will call for. If you could provide your budget and country, specify that this must be a laptop if so, and describe what else in addition to simming this laptop might be used for, I'm sure someone here can make some recommendations.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    What is the newest model of MSI Laptop GT70 Series or GT80 Series or whats the better laptop

Thanks phoebebe13

It looks like the GT70 is older it has an 800 series card which is no longer made. The 900 series cards are better and newer. The 1000 series is even better and the newest nvidia cards
    @igazor pastebin . com/ uzimyNae
    My laptop is a samsung rv511. Rather annoyed that the laptop repair man never stated that he put a motherboard in that wasnt the same as current. It used to be an i5 with nvidia geforce card. now its an i3 with intel HD graphics!
    My laptop is a samsung rv511. Rather annoyed that the laptop repair man never stated that he put a motherboard in that wasnt the same as current. It used to be an i5 with nvidia geforce card. now its an i3 with intel HD graphics!

This laptop your posting only has an i3, Intel graphics and a 32 bit version of windows which can't access the ram you have which is only 4 gb. The game alone needs 4gb to run not including windows, origin and now your processor/video card are one and these specs do not meet the requirements to run the game. http://pastebin.com/uzimyNae

Your laptop came with the specs your posting so I don't understand how it once had an i5 and an nvidia card http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-RV511-A01US
    edited October 2016
    The nvidia is no longer there unfortunately. I will post the dxiag in the morning. (I'm in bed on my phone atm) in the mean time could you offer advice on these laptops (if they will run the sims 3 and 4)
    Lenovo ci3 8gb 1TB
    Acer Aspire ES1
    Acer Aspire ES AMD E1

Unfortunately none. You need a mid range gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop. Desktops $700 and up USD. Laptops $1000 USD average depending on sales. Prices may vary in other countries

$767. 98 https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-Performance-Quad-Core-i7-4720HQ/dp/B01EH672U8/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1476965405&sr=1-1&keywords=gtx+960m+i7
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top