Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    KatieKat7505KatieKat7505 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I just downloaded The Sims 3 onto my computer I previously owned it on a different computer and it worked perfectly I uninstalled from there about a year ago I just tried to re-downloaded it onto my computer and it said windows error I used command prompt and it said it deleted all corrupt files so I uninstalled it than reinstalled AND ALL THE FILES WHERE GONE... I have really bad social anxiety and I really don't want to have to call the EA help line. I have tried to reinstall and reinstall the short cut will come up on my desktop but when I click on it a little message will pop up saying The Sims 3 Launcher has crashed before it even opens. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this???? :#:#:s
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hi I just downloaded The Sims 3 onto my computer I previously owned it on a different computer and it worked perfectly I uninstalled from there about a year ago I just tried to re-downloaded it onto my computer and it said windows error I used command prompt and it said it deleted all corrupt files so I uninstalled it than reinstalled AND ALL THE FILES WHERE GONE... I have really bad social anxiety and I really don't want to have to call the EA help line. I have tried to reinstall and reinstall the short cut will come up on my desktop but when I click on it a little message will pop up saying The Sims 3 Launcher has crashed before it even opens. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this???? :#:#:s
    Sorry for asking this, but with modern download installs on Windows there is no shortcut that leads directly to the game. Is this an Origin install, are you using retail discs (that's not downloading, so I'm a bit confused there), Steam, or something else to install?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KatieKat7505KatieKat7505 Posts: 2 New Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Sorry for asking this, but with modern download installs on Windows there is no shortcut that leads directly to the game. Is this an Origin install, are you using retail discs (that's not downloading, so I'm a bit confused there), Steam, or something else to install?
    Yes I am using Origin (which works completely fine with the sims 4 for me) and there is a icon with a plumbob that says The Sims 3 that would lead to the launcher except the launcher wont launch if that makes sense
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Yes I am using Origin (which works completely fine with the sims 4 for me) and there is a icon with a plumbob that says The Sims 3 that would lead to the launcher except the launcher wont launch if that makes sense
    With an Origin for Windows install, as of late last year, you will land on Patch 1.69. That means the game has to be started from Origin, not shortcuts to the Launcher or through any kind of bypass. Had you tried launching the game from within Origin?

If so and the same failure, it sounds like you got a corrupt download of some kind and should perhaps uninstall TS3, use a tool such as CCleaner to clean the registry of any remnants that might be left behind, take out the TS3 Game Folder if there still is one in Documents, and try the install again.
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    ChrissyAnneChrissyAnne Posts: 36 Member
    I have version 1.67... there isnt a way to select EPs as far as I know :-/

I'm sorry, apparently I misunderstood. You said that you recently installed TS3 and its expansions through Origin. You would therefore be on Patch 1.69, there is no way to avoid it. Unless...ah, I now see from your posting history that you are on a Mac. That changes things. Issues with the Mac version of the Launcher and the game should really be posted to the Mac Discussions boards to avoid such confusion. :)

Hmm, I've played both extensively but we didn't have Origin for Mac back in the old(er) days, digital installs were handled a different way. You may need to uninstall and reinstall those EPs, but uninstalling and reinstalling Origin itself might be a better first step. Let's get some better informed input here.

@BluebellFlora
    @Tremayne4260

thanks...
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Hoping someone here can help me. I recently reinstalled my sims 3 and expansions through origin. The game is running great, except for the fact that two of the expansions that origin claims are installed, just don't show up in my game (university and ambitions). In origin, if I look in my expansions, they say installed and I can click to play them. The content and gameplay from both of those packs are not there when I'm in the game. I'm not sure if there is a way to uninstall expansions and reinstall them, but I'd really like to be able to use them! Help!

What Mac do you have? Manually uninstall UL, run the Origin reset tool, empty the Trash, restart your Mac then download and try to install it again.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    do laptops that are sold on amazon.co.uk come with the UK keyboard?

No, there's no guarantee you would get a UK keyboard or UK power cable/charger. Amazon is a marketplace, not a store like a high street brand like John Lewis/PC World etc.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    KatieKatKatieKat Posts: 3 New Member
    Just so everyone knows I am KatieKat7505 just on a different account
  • Options

Before I continue I am KatieKat7505 I am just on a different account, anyways when I had first downloaded The Sims 3 onto my laptop the files where originally never there and no matter what I did/do it refuses to download onto my device. I have tried launching the game through origin and it will do the same thing. I had followed your directions step by step but it did not work. I don't know what to do know :s:s:'(:#
  • Options
    AllMadHereAllMadHere Posts: 55 Member
    I'm not sure why my game has begun to stutter/lag. I have to pause the game before I give anyone an action to do, otherwise the game hesitates and locks up for a moment. It was working just fine for the first couple weeks of playing.

My computer is a beast, I can play Dying Light on ultra settings for example. I have Windows 10. I've tried things like deleting all the thumbnails in the folder for store items etc. I am running it in compatibility for Windows 7 and it seemed to help a little. I also tried to manually adjust the vsync in my graphics card software (Geforce) to play the game from there.

It's still stuttering. It's very frustrating. I have all of the visual settings maxed out (the game runs better than if I lower them). What is going on o_O

(I don't use cheats other than hideheadlineeffects. No CC/vanilla game. Also, I have 30+ posts as a new member and still can't find how to start my own thread.......)

Thanks
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @AllMadHere I replied in the other thread you posted in. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2016
    can the MSI Dominator Pro(MSI GT72S 6QE)'s graphics card be upgraded as i asked that question on Amazon and they said it can, but want to ask simmers if i definetly be upgraded
    www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Dominator-i7-6820-GTX980M--Windows/dp/BO15Q279WS/HTML, cant enter https on the link being a new member but can anyone tell me if the graphics card is upgradable?

@thesims_gamer96 Typically laptop graphics cards are not upgradeable. The only things you can upgrade (usually) on a laptop (if at all) are ram and the hardrive.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @thesims_gamer96 Typically laptop graphics cards are not upgradeable. The only things you can upgrade (usually) on a laptop (if at all) are ram and the hardrive.
    I believe that these might be an exception to that rule in that MSI sells graphics upgrade kits for many of its models where it makes sense to do so. But I didn't really understand the point of the question. The laptop has a GTX 980M already. Upgrade to what, a 1080M (which by that number I don't think really exists as I believe they went with just "1080 for mobile" on that range and it might not be the same size) or something else that doesn't exist yet? What would all that accomplish, certainly nothing noticeable for TS3 in particular.

The laptop also appears (to me) to be over £2,000 unless we are still talking about used items for which all bets are kind of off the table.

The game was released in 2009 and can't make any use of all that power.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    KatieKat wrote: »

Before I continue I am KatieKat7505 I am just on a different account, anyways when I had first downloaded The Sims 3 onto my laptop the files where originally never there and no matter what I did/do it refuses to download onto my device. I have tried launching the game through origin and it will do the same thing. I had followed your directions step by step but it did not work. I don't know what to do know :s:s:'(:#

Sorry, but I'm having some trouble following this. Might be because we have so many topics going on within the same thread. You have uninstalled TS3, cleaned the Registry, and attempted to reinstall by way of Origin. Can you specify what files in particular are not there? Also, do you have more than one Origin account or is that just a forum thing that we should ignore?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I believe that these might be an exception to that rule in that MSI sells graphics upgrade kits for many of its models where it makes sense to do so. But I didn't really understand the point of the question. The laptop has a GTX 980M already. Upgrade to what, a 1080M (which by that number I don't think really exists as I believe they went with just "1080 for mobile" on that range and it might not be the same size) or something else that doesn't exist yet? What would all that accomplish, certainly nothing noticeable for TS3 in particular.

The laptop is also appears (to me) to be over £2,000 unless we are still talking about used items for which all bets are kind of off the table.

The laptop is also appears (to me) to be over £2,000 unless we are still talking about used items for which all bets are kind of off the table.

Don't even know why this is even a discussion when the poster has a budget of 500-600 pounds so they claim. This game certainly does not need a 980m or a 1080m for that matter. No one needs more than a 970m on laptop for this game. From talking to people in this forum who have a 970m, the game plays great on that card. Yes the game will play better on a 970m than a 960m but both will run the game. The 980m on laptop is slightly better than a GTX 960 on desktop
  • Options
    Incoming random new topic (since I still can't see how to post my own thread again, getting seriously ticked off...)

Placed a gravestone in the local cemetery, as soon as I clicked on the ground with it - it disappeared. It's not off to the side somewhere else, it's just gone. (Taking it out of the guy's inventory to place it on the ground).

??
  • Options
    AllMadHere wrote: »
    Incoming random new topic (since I still can't see how to post my own thread again, getting seriously ticked off...)

Placed a gravestone in the local cemetery, as soon as I clicked on the ground with it - it disappeared. It's not off to the side somewhere else, it's just gone. (Taking it out of the guy's inventory to place it on the ground).

??

It might have been placed in the cemetery mausoleum . I don't believe you can place headstones in personal inventory on a community lot. Double check with user @igazor
  • Options
    edited October 2016

??

It might have been placed in the cemetery mausoleum . I don't believe you can place headstones in personal inventory on a community lot. Double check with user @igazor

Sorry, I have much more experience with living sims than dead ones. But if you are using MasterController (I'm quickly losing track of who is and isn't here), try on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Sim > Basic > Find Grave. And yes, also look in the Mausoleum. That can be done without sim interaction with NRaas > MC > Town > Manage the Dead. Or you could back up to a prior save from before the gravestone disappeared if needed and replay.

The reason you cannot create posts is that your status is that of New Member. You need 50 points for full forum membership, you currently have 19. You get points when other users give your posts Likes and Awesomes, and for getting achievement type badges over time and with more posting activity. Go to Off Topic and say something funny, kind, or that people will like and your points will increase. You also need to be a New Member for a certain amount of time, I think it's 30 days (not sure), before you can graduate to full Member. You've only been a New Member for 11 days. Getting seriously ticked off will not help, I'm afraid.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

??

Sorry, I have much more experience with living sims than dead ones. But if you are using MasterController (I'm quickly losing track of who is and isn't here), try on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Sim > Basic > Find Grave. And yes, also look in the Mausoleum. That can be done without sim interaction with NRaas > MC > Town > Manage the Dead. Or you could back up to a prior save from before the gravestone disappeared if needed and replay.

The reason you cannot create posts is that your status is that of New Member. You need 50 points for full forum membership, you currently have 19. You get points when other users give your posts Likes and Awesomes, and for getting achievement type badges over time and with more posting activity. Go to Off Topic and say something funny, kind, or that people will like and your points will increase. You also need to be a New Member for a certain amount of time, I think it's 30 days (not sure), before you can graduate to full Member. You've only been a New Member for 11 days. Getting seriously ticked off will not help, I'm afraid.

I know if the headstones are in your inventory you can place them on your lot. I don't know if you can place them if you buy a cemetery lot without mods. I don't know if you buy a second personal lot if you can place headstones there without mods. I know you can manage the dead and take headstones from the mausoleum and put them in your inventory. I have never tried to make a personal cemetery off my own lot

Lets ask @TreyNutz or @Karritz maybe they know more about the cemetery
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    have never tried to make a personal cemetery off my own lot

I've done that only once - in university. A dormie caught on fire after being outside too long on a very hot day (or that's what I think happened) and died on the dorm lot. I got tired of the ghost so one morning moved the lot to a sim's inventory and placed it on the Grotto lot. I was surprised that worked. The university world doesn't have a cemetery though.

I've never tried moving a grave to a homeworld's cemetery lot. @AllMadHere , did you check the home lot in case the game put it there? I'd use MasterController to find the lot.
  • Options
    @treynutz im curious now. @Rflong7 builds so maybe they can answer all our cemetery questions?
  • Options

Sorry, but I'm having some trouble following this. Might be because we have so many topics going on within the same thread. You have uninstalled TS3, cleaned the Registry, and attempted to reinstall by way of Origin. Can you specify what files in particular are not there? Also, do you have more than one Origin account or is that just a forum thing that we should ignore?

No I don't I have just one Origins account for some reason yesterday when I tried to login it would not work so I used the same origin account and made a new account for the forums. Anyways I have uninstalled The Sims 3 and used the program you suggested and cleaned the registry, ALL my Sims 3 files are gone, I have searched all my files and used the computer program Microsoft has built into the files place/ library thingy, and nothing shows up. Do you have any other ideas in how to fix this??
  • Options

No I don't I have just one Origins account for some reason yesterday when I tried to login it would not work so I used the same origin account and made a new account for the forums. Anyways I have uninstalled The Sims 3 and used the program you suggested and cleaned the registry, ALL my Sims 3 files are gone, I have searched all my files and used the computer program Microsoft has built into the files place/ library thingy, and nothing shows up. Do you have any other ideas in how to fix this??

Okay, with all traces of TS3 removed as they should be and the Registry cleaned, you go to Origin logged in as yourself, TS3 should still be showing in your games collection as it should be registered to your account, what exactly happens when you try to install the base game from scratch? Does anything download, does the installation sequence even begin?

If the Origin install sequence doesn't begin, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Origin.

And if that still doesn't actually install the game for you, I would have to suggest escalating this request to the EA Answers HQ board. There may be something off-kilter about Origin on your computer that they can help find and fix.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Yah the gravestone isn't in the mausoleum or anything. Just gone...
  • Options
    Yah the gravestone isn't in the mausoleum or anything. Just gone...

Did you check family inventory rather than personal inventory?

And I just found this post where the grave in your inventory gives you the option to move grave to the cemetery. I remember seeing something like this but its been a while.

This is what was posted Quote: "If someone dies it has an option on there grave (not in the museum, in a lot) to move it.

I also found this http://forums.thesimsresource.com/index.php?/topic/250325-make-your-own-graveyard/

If you can't find the headstone, can you go back to a prior save before you placed the headstone? I always use the save as option rather than save. Save as gives you a new clean save , you just rename the file. This way you have saves to go back to if the game messes up. Using just the save option overwrites the old save. This save option does not permit you to go back to a prior save unless you made a copy of that save and put it somewhere else for safe keeping.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top