Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    I tried reseting him by the cheat
    I tried evicting him
    Those two didn't work, but I'll try the MA reset. I'm just gonna try it tomorrow cuz honestly I'm mad at my game rn, but thank you ^-^
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Also I was thinking of using errortrap on the sim if that doesn't work? Should I?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Also I was thinking of using errortrap on the sim if that doesn't work? Should I?
    ErrorTrap is a Core Mod that runs behind the scenes, watching for unexpected error conditions and cleaning up stale, unusable data. It doesn't have any user-based commands associated with it, so you can't "use" ErrorTrap on a sim directly.

If a MasterController Reset doesn't fix this when you get a chance to try it, I would have to say that the sim has become corrupt.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Simly05Simly05 Posts: 9 New Member
    Not really new but I was playing the Sims 3 pets and in create a sim my pets are glitched everything is morphed and long. I've restarted my computer and game nothings worked help!
  • Simly05Simly05 Posts: 9 New Member
    i already posted on here once like an hour ago no response so here i go again. In the Sims 3 pets I am having a problem where my Pets in game and cas have bulged eyes and there bodies are de formed. Please Help!
    edited July 2017
    @Simly05 - An entire hour ago, you say? Shocking! :)

Okay, sorry if that sounds a bit unfriendly. But we aren't a paid staff, it's your fellow players answering posts here. We are all in different time zones, have jobs or school, etc., some of us might be asleep or even be playing our own games occasionally and the TS3 boards don't get as much traffic as they used to. Time for a bump if no responses received should be more like two or three days, not an hour.

But anyway, hi there. If the animals look distorted as you have described in both CAS and in-game, there are usually two causes.

-- Custom content. Do you have any pet-based CC in play? How do things go on a test run if you remove it all and clear the five cache files in your TS3 user game folder in Documents before starting up?

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package (this one is optional)

Nothing bad will happen, the cache files will regenerate the next time you startup your game.

-- System overload. Pets is the heaviest of the 11 EPs by far, followed by Seasons, IP, and ITF. If the animals never looked right for you, it is possible that your computer isn't strong enough to handle the EP. Can we get some specs on this computer -- processor, RAM, graphics card, hard drive? If you like, you could supply us with a full dxdiag report so we can see the full picture and provide better informed advice. You would have to paste the report into several replies here by section as its far too long to fit into one, or use pastebin.com and provide a broken up link that we can make sense out of to see it all.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Mercy994Mercy994 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello, I am not a new member but I want to post anyway because of the sites new rules. I am having troubling looking for a solution for my problem. My sims 3 cc sliders aren't working. I have the Master controller, Integration, and XCas whatever it's called install and even went into the in-game Nraas settings and turned up the sliders to 900 but it's still not working. I am baffled and I do not know what I am doing wrong I did download a lot of mods and I am thinking about doing a factory reset to see if that works.
    > @Simly05 said:
    > i already posted on here once like an hour ago no response so here i go again. In the Sims 3 pets I am having a problem where my Pets in game and cas have bulged eyes and there bodies are de formed. Please Help!

It sounds like it's a CC problem. You can download Delphy's Dashboard I think that helps shows you what files are corrupted.
    edited July 2017
    Mercy994 wrote: »
    Hello, I am not a new member but I want to post anyway because of the sites new rules. I am having troubling looking for a solution for my problem. My sims 3 cc sliders aren't working. I have the Master controller, Integration, and XCas whatever it's called install and even went into the in-game Nraas settings and turned up the sliders to 900 but it's still not working. I am baffled and I do not know what I am doing wrong I did download a lot of mods and I am thinking about doing a factory reset to see if that works.
    If you have both MasterController and XCAS at the same time, they will fight each other over slider control. MC is a Script Mod and XCAS is a Core Mod, they load at different times (not controllably) during the startup sequence. I use both and find that unless have them both set to exactly the same number of sliders, then periodically none of them work.

If by any chance you are also using AwesomeMod, then all bets are off and the game probably won't load anyway.

The NRaas setting you have already found, although 900 is awfully high. Over a certain point, no one has proven exactly where or if it differs among players, the value will get ignored or something else will malfunction. Do you really need that many? A more reasonable number to try, for most players, would be 100 or maybe 250.

To set the equivalent value in XCAS, a tuning file alongside of her mod is required. CmarNYC supplies some samples, but you can only use one. Either one of hers or grab one and take it into S3PE to tune it to the number you want.

But just to restate, if the MC setting is 250 for example, then the XCAS tuning file must also be 250.

Caches must be cleared after any changes. If you still have slider malfunction after making things match and clearing caches, then it's time to suspect that your sliders are the problem or they just aren't going to work with each other in the combination you have.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > Mercy994 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, I am not a new member but I want to post anyway because of the sites new rules. I am having troubling looking for a solution for my problem. My sims 3 cc sliders aren't working. I have the Master controller, Integration, and XCas whatever it's called install and even went into the in-game Nraas settings and turned up the sliders to 900 but it's still not working. I am baffled and I do not know what I am doing wrong I did download a lot of mods and I am thinking about doing a factory reset to see if that works.
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have both MasterController and XCAS at the same time, they will fight each other over slider control. MC is a Script Mod and XCAS is a Core Mod, they load at different times (not controllably) during the startup sequence. I use both and find that unless have them both set to exactly the same number of sliders, then periodically none of them work.
    >
    > If by any chance you are also using AwesomeMod, then all bets are off and the game probably won't load anyway.
    >
    > The NRaas setting you have already found, although 900 is awfully high. Over a certain point, no one has proven exactly where or if it differs among players, the value will get ignored or something else will malfunction. Do you really need that many? A more reasonable number to try, for most players, would be 100 or maybe 250.
    >
    > To set the equivalent value in XCAS, a tuning file alongside of her mod is required. CmarNYC supplies some samples, but you can only use one. Either one of hers or grab one and take it into S3PE to tune it to the number you want.
    >
    > But just to restate, if the MC setting is 250 for example, then the XCAS tuning file must also be 250.
    >
    > Caches must be cleared after any changes. If you still have slider malfunction after making things match and clearing caches, then it's time to suspect that your sliders are the problem or they just aren't going to work with each other in the combination you have.

Okay, I removed all of the XCAS files and put the slider set to 250 and nothing has changed. No, I don't have the awesome mod and I don't know what's know. To be specific I can't customize my sims man parts and most of the other sliders still don't work.
    > @Mercy994 said:
    > > @igazor said:
    > > Mercy994 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello, I am not a new member but I want to post anyway because of the sites new rules. I am having troubling looking for a solution for my problem. My sims 3 cc sliders aren't working. I have the Master controller, Integration, and XCas whatever it's called install and even went into the in-game Nraas settings and turned up the sliders to 900 but it's still not working. I am baffled and I do not know what I am doing wrong I did download a lot of mods and I am thinking about doing a factory reset to see if that works.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > If you have both MasterController and XCAS at the same time, they will fight each other over slider control. MC is a Script Mod and XCAS is a Core Mod, they load at different times (not controllably) during the startup sequence. I use both and find that unless have them both set to exactly the same number of sliders, then periodically none of them work.
    > >
    > > If by any chance you are also using AwesomeMod, then all bets are off and the game probably won't load anyway.
    > >
    > > The NRaas setting you have already found, although 900 is awfully high. Over a certain point, no one has proven exactly where or if it differs among players, the value will get ignored or something else will malfunction. Do you really need that many? A more reasonable number to try, for most players, would be 100 or maybe 250.
    > >
    > > To set the equivalent value in XCAS, a tuning file alongside of her mod is required. CmarNYC supplies some samples, but you can only use one. Either one of hers or grab one and take it into S3PE to tune it to the number you want.
    > >
    > > But just to restate, if the MC setting is 250 for example, then the XCAS tuning file must also be 250.
    > >
    > > Caches must be cleared after any changes. If you still have slider malfunction after making things match and clearing caches, then it's time to suspect that your sliders are the problem or they just aren't going to work with each other in the combination you have.
    >
    > Okay, I removed all of the XCAS files and put the slider set to 250 and nothing has changed. No, I don't have the awesome mod and I don't know what's know. To be specific I can't customize my sims man parts and most of the other sliders still don't work.

I looked at some post from the Nrass wiki website and I did merge my CC and I think I merged my sliders also. Idk if that's the problem but I will do a factory reset of some sort and come back and tell you the results. I don't know if this is important but I did download sliders from different sites.
    edited July 2017
    Okay, so sounds like we have ruled out MC vs. XCAS conflicts. There are some sliders available out there that are outdated, some that refuse to work in combinations with others, and some I suppose that never worked for all players. And, when I say a slider isn't working, often that means it stops all other sliders from working as well, even the built-in EA ones. It takes some trial and error with different combinations to sort those out and know which ones to avoid.

Yes, the merging process could also be having an impact. I would suggest not doing that, at least for the time being.

I have what must be almost 200 custom sliders myself. I could tell you which sites they came from, like you all different, but that probably won't do much good as there are so many different combinations out there and whatever I was interested in at the time I installed them might not match the effects you have been trying to obtain.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > Okay, so sounds like we have ruled out MC vs. XCAS conflicts. There are some sliders available out there that are outdated, some that refuse to work in combinations with others, and some I suppose that never worked for all players. And, when I say a slider isn't working, often that means it stops all other sliders from working as well, even the built-in EA ones. It takes some trial and error with different combinations to sort those out and know which ones to avoid.
    >
    > Yes, the merging process could also be having an impact. I would suggest not doing that, at least for the time being.
    >
    > I have what must be almost 200 custom sliders myself. I could tell you which sites they came from, like you all different, but that probably won't do much good as there are so many different combinations out there and whatever I was interested in at the time I installed them might not match the effects you have been trying to obtain.

I do want to know the list of sliders you use. If you don't mind giving me that info. Besides the intimate sliders, I have mostly sliders for the face and some body.

Okay, so I placed the file with my merged packages on my desktop and copied and pasted the ones I want in the packages folder. When I went in game my sims man parts weren't there. (-_- ) The game loaded faster but I have no idea what I did wrong.
    Mercy994 wrote: »
    I do want to know the list of sliders you use. If you don't mind giving me that info. Besides the intimate sliders, I have mostly sliders for the face and some body.

Okay, so I placed the file with my merged packages on my desktop and copied and pasted the ones I want in the packages folder. When I went in game my sims man parts weren't there. (-_- ) The game loaded faster but I have no idea what I did wrong.
    Sending you my slider list by PM, it was over 100 but not quite as long as I thought it would be.

I don't think this is the right way to go about this, though. What I would do is start over with a very small set of sliders and a new game. Verify that the small set works/shows up in CAS. Then add to it in small batches until you get to a point where things break again, at which point what you just added either won't work or conflicts with what you already had.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > Okay, so sounds like we have ruled out MC vs. XCAS conflicts. There are some sliders available out there that are outdated, some that refuse to work in combinations with others, and some I suppose that never worked for all players. And, when I say a slider isn't working, often that means it stops all other sliders from working as well, even the built-in EA ones. It takes some trial and error with different combinations to sort those out and know which ones to avoid.
    >
    > Yes, the merging process could also be having an impact. I would suggest not doing that, at least for the time being.
    >
    > I have what must be almost 200 custom sliders myself. I could tell you which sites they came from, like you all different, but that probably won't do much good as there are so many different combinations out there and whatever I was interested in at the time I installed them might not match the effects you have been trying to obtain.

Update: Okay, so I installed a mod that was missing and now the sliders for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mod is working! (I hope I won't get deleted for saying that) but one problem. He have two 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Lol.
    Erm, let's move this discussion to PMs if we could please. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ElanaBerryElanaBerry Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, i have a problem with my sims 3 game. A few days ago i downloaded about 5 horse coats, they downloaded fine, but when i opened the launcher it said that they weren't downloaded, and that i need to update my game, before they can download. But the problem is my game is fully updated and i cant update it anymore. I don't know what to do because i really want those horse coats, what can i do to download them?
    If anyone knows how to fix this, id appreciate it if you told me
    edited July 2017
    @ElanaBerry - Hmm, not quite getting the complete picture here. Were the coats sims3packs or package based files? If they are sims3packs, are they unzipped (if necessary) and actually in your TS3 user game folder's Downloads sub-folder? If not, where did they download to?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • MeltyCatMeltyCat Posts: 8 New Member
    OK, so I have a few issues. I'll start with the one I am having trouble with right now.

Bonehilda:

- Beds keep becoming unusable while Bonehilda is active. Sims act as if the item is currently in use or not accessible at all, so end up sleeping elsewhere where they shouldn't. I've tried getting dismissing Bonehilda, but that didn't do anything. I even tried deleting Bonehilda, but the item is still stuck in 'being used' mode.

- I buldozed a lot after everyone had died and they had a Bonehilda active in the house which I'd forgotten about. After bulldozing, I added a new family and built a new house, but found that Bonehilda was still there despite having no coffin present. I tried 'resetsim Bonehilda', but it did nothing. i even tried 'testingcheatsenabled true' and shift clicking to delete her, but it just tells me I can't remove her.

Death:

- I was minding my own business playing a household when all of a sudden I got a notification telling me that they were now in mourning due to a friend passing away from another family. The issue was that the Sim in question was a toddler! I instantly freaked out, because I thought toddlers couldn't die like that, or at least that is what I was told. I went into the family in question and sure enough, they weren't there. I looked in the family tree and it showed they were still a branch, but no remains showed up, they weren't in the family inventory, in any Sims inventory, on the lot and the cemetery had no remains inside the mausoleum either.

- Same as above, only this time it was a teenager. Weirdly, from the same family too. (Spoopy!) No remains anywhere. POOOOF! Gone.

Any ideas?
  • MeowGeekMeowGeek Posts: 16 Member
    Okay so on a different computer I logged onto orgin and everything to download the sims 3 but when I went to expansion packs none of my expansion packs were there except University life.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    MeowGeek wrote: »
    Okay so on a different computer I logged onto orgin and everything to download the sims 3 but when I went to expansion packs none of my expansion packs were there except University life.

Did you buy any of your game codes off ebay or some other unauthorized seller? If so , EA has taken away unauthorized codes from players for violating TOS. You would have to contact EA directly regarding this issue. If you have legit codes, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin, then reboot your computer. If your eps are not there , contact EA they may need to fix your account
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello there,

I have a problem with my save games.

No matter if I make a new save and rename it different things, all my saves right now in that town won't produce a backup file. But non of the saves say .bad with them, but they won't produce a backup. any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2017
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Hello there,

I have a problem with my save games.

No matter if I make a new save and rename it different things, all my saves right now in that town won't produce a backup file. But non of the saves say .bad with them, but they won't produce a backup. any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you use the save option it creates a back up save and will overwrite the old save. If you use save as it will create a new clean save and you just rename the save The save as option does not create a back up save. Save as option is better because it does not overwrite the old save. You have less chance of a corrupt save by creating a new clean save. If your save as does become corrupt or something goes wrong with the game you have a previous save to go back to. If you use save and overwrite the old save you will not have a prior save to go back to. If your overwrite save becomes corrupt you will loose all your progress and that save.
    edited July 2017
    @Tixyen - Just to expand on what @phoebebebe13 is saying a bit by way of an example. Suppose I've creatively named my ongoing game "MyGame." By using Save As exclusively, but changing the name of the saved game slightly each time by adding a number on the end, after a while in my Saves folder I have this:

MyGame1.sims3
    MyGame2.sims3
    MyGame3.sims3
    MyGame4.sims3

The renamed saves are my backups (not formally, but of my own creation) that I can revert to at any time if needed. Now while continuing to play MyGame4 I do a regular Save. Then I will have this:

MyGame1.sims3
    MyGame2.sims3
    MyGame3.sims3
    MyGame4.sims3
    MyGame4.sims3.backup

MyGame4 is the current game, with a slightly older backup. MyGame3 would be older than that.

Now suppose I decide that four is enough and I want to re-use the numbers so I do a SaveAs to MyGame1, thus over-writing the much older original and cycle through the numbers again. Periodically I might just delete the much older saves and the backups (if any).

Does that help clarify how this works? If not averse to using mods, the NRaas Saver mod can help you manage this process by suggesting the next number in line for each ongoing game, and automatically cycling over again when you reach the number specified -- default is 4, but that's adjustable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Addicted2GamZzAddicted2GamZz Posts: 135 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @Tixyen - Just to expand on what @phoebebebe13 is saying a bit by way of an example. Suppose I've creatively named my ongoing game "MyGame." By using Save As exclusively, but changing the name of the saved game slightly each time by adding a number on the end, after a while in my Saves folder I have this:
    >
    > MyGame1.sims3
    > MyGame2.sims3
    > MyGame3.sims3
    > MyGame4.sims3
    >
    > The renamed saves are my backups (not formally, but of my own creation) that I can revert to at any time if needed. Now while continuing to play MyGame4 I do a regular Save. Then I will have this:
    >
    > MyGame1.sims3
    > MyGame2.sims3
    > MyGame3.sims3
    > MyGame4.sims3
    > MyGame4.sims3.backup
    >
    > MyGame4 is the current game, with a slightly older backup. MyGame3 would be older than that.
    >
    > Now suppose I decide that four is enough and I want to re-use the numbers so I do a SaveAs to MyGame1, thus over-writing the much older original and cycle through the numbers again. Periodically I might just delete the much older saves and the backups (if any).
    >
    > Does that help clarify how this works? If not averse to using mods, the NRaas Saver mod can help you manage this process by suggesting the next number in line for each ongoing game, and automatically cycling over again when you reach the number specified -- default is 4, but that's adjustable.

i'm planning of building a custom gaming pc from cyberpower or pcspecialist, i have posted 4 or 5 times on a thread and no-one has responded but have answered others, have i done something wrong, i'm just wanting advice, what to buy, what to avoid, etc.?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top