Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    i bought the dog park and cat part and placed them in my town map how come none of the sims are bringing pets there. what am i missing. also no stray dogs are spawning.

plus im so distrought over this. why didnt they include caudrons unlocked in the supernatural expansion pack. i got 7 points. out of cash and wanting to smash my head into a wall cause this is the second sim game i missed out on getting one. :(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    For a little over a year, I've been having a continous problem with my saved sims games just disappearing. I'll be playing a family and then one day I'll log back on and they'll be gone and a family I played months ago will reappear in their place. Any custom content or sims I've saved to the bin since then will be gone, too. But then a few weeks later the same family will pop back up, replacing the other family. It's just became this continuous cycle and I have no idea on how to fix it. (the sims don't seem to always be in the backups folder, either). Luckily, none of my paid expansion packs seem to go missing and still work fine.

I've gotten used to it, but now its starting to bug me. I recently figured out how to download mods, which are amazing (as long as they work correctly), however, after playing with them for a few days the same thing happened, and my mods don't work in game anymore. They're still in tact in the mods folder, everythings in place where it should be, but they're just not working anymore and my old family is gone. I've tried deleting and reinstalling a few of the mods, but that doesn't seem to work, either. At this point, I'm just waiting for my current game to disappear so my old family will come back as well as the mods. I don't know what to do anymore and this is starting to really frustrate me.

Hi there. I think I see what's happening here. We all have what we call a Game Folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (or some path like that) that contains our installed content, worlds, saved sims, Library files, mods, and saved games. It sounds to me like somehow you ended up with two different Game Folders on your system and sometimes one of them is loading up with one set of each of those things while at other times the second one with a different set of everything is loading instead. Expansion Packs aren't a part of this structure, they are installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) and will persist no matter which Game Folder is being loaded up.

If you have Win 10 (or even 8.1, I think), the game loves to try to put its Game Folder in OneDrive if you have that activated, but it really doesn't belong in there. But the second one could be hiding in other locations. We've even heard of second unwanted Game Folders appearing in the Documents folder of a different user on the same computer. You may have to do searches for it if it's not obvious.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    mommarhondamommarhonda Posts: 2 New Member
    igazor wrote: »
    For a little over a year, I've been having a continous problem with my saved sims games just disappearing. I'll be playing a family and then one day I'll log back on and they'll be gone and a family I played months ago will reappear in their place. Any custom content or sims I've saved to the bin since then will be gone, too. But then a few weeks later the same family will pop back up, replacing the other family. It's just became this continuous cycle and I have no idea on how to fix it. (the sims don't seem to always be in the backups folder, either). Luckily, none of my paid expansion packs seem to go missing and still work fine.

I've gotten used to it, but now its starting to bug me. I recently figured out how to download mods, which are amazing (as long as they work correctly), however, after playing with them for a few days the same thing happened, and my mods don't work in game anymore. They're still in tact in the mods folder, everythings in place where it should be, but they're just not working anymore and my old family is gone. I've tried deleting and reinstalling a few of the mods, but that doesn't seem to work, either. At this point, I'm just waiting for my current game to disappear so my old family will come back as well as the mods. I don't know what to do anymore and this is starting to really frustrate me.

Hi there. I think I see what's happening here. We all have what we call a Game Folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (or some path like that) that contains our installed content, worlds, saved sims, Library files, mods, and saved games. It sounds to me like somehow you ended up with two different Game Folders on your system and sometimes one of them is loading up with one set of each of those things while at other times the second one with a different set of everything is loading instead. Expansion Packs aren't a part of this structure, they are installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) and will persist no matter which Game Folder is being loaded up.

If you have Win 10 (or even 8.1, I think), the game loves to try to put its Game Folder in OneDrive if you have that activated, but it really doesn't belong in there. But the second one could be hiding in other locations. We've even heard of second unwanted Game Folders appearing in the Documents folder of a different user on the same computer. You may have to do searches for it if it's not obvious.

Thank you! I found multiple sims 3 game files on my computer and deleted as many as I could. However, I still don't think I've found the right game file. How can I launch the original Sims 3 game thats on my Docs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder? That version has all my installed store content and mods, but the one I'm launching doesn't have any of that on it. Also, that folder says I have no current games but when I launch TS3 it has one current game, so I don't think I've fully deleted all the files but I can't figure out how to delete the current file.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @mommarhonda - Where exactly did these other Game Folders show up? Is your game installed or is your Documents folder on a drive other than C (if Windows) or the drive running OS X (if Mac) and if so, what kind of drive?

To find the one currently live (being used), you might try saving a game with Save As and an unusual, silly name then doing a system find on the silly name to see where it takes you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Ivory_Rosebud1Ivory_Rosebud1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yo, a quick question for all my fellow Sims gamers. I have recently started playing Sims 3 on a new laptop. The games are the exact same games that i played on my old laptop, and they worked fine, and ones that i bought off a friend. However my games won’t let me play. I have updated them all fully and however when i get to the second loading screen (The one where it says to pick an existing account or start a new game) it tells me to insert a disc. It really annoys me because if i didn't have a disc inserted i would never have gotten to this point. The two times that i have gotten past this point the game is really glitchy and then freezes and i have to start the process all over again. Also i have been playing without being connected to Wifi so it can’t be a problem with my internet connection. I have no idea why this is happening and if anyone can help me out i would be eternally grateful.
  • Options
    @Ivory_Rosebud1 - Are you on Windows or Mac and do you have the disc for the most recently released EP in the drive when you are starting up?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Ivory_Rosebud1Ivory_Rosebud1 Posts: 2 New Member
    i am on a mac. most of the games were originally used on a PC and some of them on a mac. It was asking for me to put university life in, so i did but it was still lagging
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor Mac help thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    i am on a mac. most of the games were originally used on a PC and some of them on a mac. It was asking for me to put university life in, so i did but it was still lagging

If you are running El Capitan as an operating system, its refusal to authenticate by disc is well known. The only solution for that is to uninstall everything and switch to an Origin for Mac install. If the games are registered to your account, or can be, then there is no additional charge for the digital versions. But the used games will be a problem regardless. Technically, secondhand games will not work through Origin because they cannot be registered to a second owner. There is no viable mechanism to play used TS3 games when registration is required as the sale of such is against EA's terms of usage (sorry).

As for glitches and freezes once you actually get a game launched, many of the newer Mac models have graphics that are not compatible with TS3. It would help to know which Mac model you have, which processor, and which graphics card (all from About This Mac on the Apple Menu). There are some complicated workarounds, but even those don't help every player.

And finally, we are still talking about TS3 for Mac with its built-in 2GB RAM restriction. No Mac can overcome that and it becomes a problem for quite a few players, especially those trying to use many to all of the EPs. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    corpseposecorpsepose Posts: 16 Member
    is there a way to have any hairstyle be used for career outfits? very frustrating when my sims have a specific hairstyle and it completely changes to something not convincing when they go to work. i don't mean a hat or anything but just in general. it's my understanding that not every hairstyle is coded to be used in careers for some reason? any help appreciated! still in love with this game
  • Options
    mattsimmer456mattsimmer456 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have downloaded the sims 3 ultimate collection. I have some cc and now for some reason the game lags like crazy and crashes for no reason.i know its not the cc. it did not do anything like that before. i cant even click on the hair icon in cas without it crashing to the desktop. wth do i do? someone please help
    i have tried everything that i could find, and nothing does it for me. i really want to play the sims 3 again, but i just cant play for 2 minutes without it crashing!!!! i have tried deleting the cache files, letting the game through firewall, everything! i know its not my graphics card or ram because before it did not crash at all. i dont have any saves, so it cant be a bad save either. the game is crashing for every little lag. it lags for 3 seconds and the game crashes. normally if it would lag like that, it wouldn't crash, but instead just continue like nothing happened. i need help!!!!!!!!! i ran it without cc and still, the same thing happens.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I have downloaded the sims 3 ultimate collection. I have some cc and now for some reason the game lags like crazy and crashes for no reason.i know its not the cc. it did not do anything like that before. i cant even click on the hair icon in cas without it crashing to the desktop. wth do i do? someone please help
    i have tried everything that i could find, and nothing does it for me. i really want to play the sims 3 again, but i just cant play for 2 minutes without it crashing!!!! i have tried deleting the cache files, letting the game through firewall, everything! i know its not my graphics card or ram because before it did not crash at all. i dont have any saves, so it cant be a bad save either. the game is crashing for every little lag. it lags for 3 seconds and the game crashes. normally if it would lag like that, it wouldn't crash, but instead just continue like nothing happened. i need help!!!!!!!!! i ran it without cc and still, the same thing happens.

There is no sims 3 ultimate collection. There is a sims 2 ultimate collection. Did you buy a download for all eps and packs included all in one sale? If so this would be an illegal copy of the game. You would need a legal copy of the game

If you have a legal copy of the game ,Are you on patch 1.67 or 1.69? If on 1.69 you need to check off each ep in the launcher every time you start your game. If this is not your issue, what eps do you have installed if playing the sims 3? You had the game installed on this same computer before? Did you remove all the sims 3 files you left on your computer before reinstalling?

I would try uninstalling the base game. Use CCleaner to clean your computer registry than reinstall the base game and patch the game. See if it will run

CCleaner is free http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

How to use CCleaner to clean your computer registry http://www.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner

• Options
    HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    corpsepose wrote: »
    is there a way to have any hairstyle be used for career outfits? very frustrating when my sims have a specific hairstyle and it completely changes to something not convincing when they go to work. i don't mean a hat or anything but just in general. it's my understanding that not every hairstyle is coded to be used in careers for some reason? any help appreciated! still in love with this game

you need a mod for that. use nraas - mastercontroller

• Options
    edited September 2016
    @mattsimmer456 - Just to reiterate what @phoebebebe13 was saying in the beginning, there is no fix for the illegitimate "ultimate collection." It may have worked for a while but it cannot be registered, patched properly, and is essentially a scam (sorry).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    This is just what I needed thanks. My problem is my alien hybrid sim no longer has her black eyes. They're regular sim eyes. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened. She's one of my favorite sims and I loved her Alien eyes, with human eyes she looks weird.
  • Options
    SquidlyDiddlySquidlyDiddly Posts: 29 Member
    I hope it's okay for me to post in here. My Sims 3 Games takes hours to load to the main menu screen. I received an error message after installation saying that graphics card not found/setting may be too high.

I got the same message when installed sims 4 but it runs perfectly. Sims 4 boots up within 2 mins and I can play normally.
  • Options
    @SquidlyDiddly - Responded on your other thread. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor this is so off topic but do you remember the Squidly Diddly cartoon :p
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 - Just how old do you think I am, anyway? :angry:

(sighs)
    Yes to both, I remember and it's off-topic. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor LOL its not that off top since you are helping poster SquidlyDiddley :p
  • Options
    TeentitansJillTeentitansJill Posts: 5 New Member
    I been having problems where it would say susses and when I got in the game its not there and it would say this when I try installing stuff that I had paid for. Please make sure you have the newer update when I do. Its for the Sims 3. I would be happy if some one can help me.
  • Options
    @TeentitansJill - Please, if you could, restate the problem you are having more precisely as your post is a bit difficult to understand. What exactly are you trying to install (EP/SPs, worlds, EA Store content, something else) and what exactly is happening at what point? And what patch level is your game on?

For store content, that should be downloadable through the TS3 site directly, when things are working properly that is.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    sarammauriciosarammauricio Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, I have a file named launchermanifest.pid in the Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder. What is it? And more importantly, is it safe to delete? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    sarammauriciosarammauricio Posts: 4 New Member
    I forgot to ask, what about LoadOption.ini and Sims3Logs.bin? Safe to delete or not?
  • Options
    TeentitansJillTeentitansJill Posts: 5 New Member
    I had gotten hidden Springs world and when I try to install it it say's "Susses" when done but when I go in the game it's not there then when I try to install some hair that I paid for it say's "Please make sure your sim's is uptodate." the one I have is 1.69
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top