Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolf Den -- Reading Circle for New Stories -- FULL

Comments

• noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    Been able to do some reading...

@SilentWolf101 excited to see where your story goes and happy to see Bridgeport again. That last line was chilling!

@StephKillahB beautiful writing! I'm really interested in learning more about your characters. Right now the plot is kind of reminding me of the movie Stardust, have you ever seen it?
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • StephKillahBStephKillahB Posts: 84 Member
    @noxxims Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

I actually don't think I have seen it. Now I kind of want to check it out! Is it on Netflix by chance?

Also, have you updated your story lately? I've been thinking about what Mrs. Goth is going to get up to! ;)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Please check out my TS4 story: 'Ineffable'
    @StephKillahB I actually just did today!

And doesn't look like stardust is on Netflix, it's really enjoyable though.
    Finally caught up with everyone's stories!

@BabyDollAnne like everyone's been saying your founder is SO pretty, and I'm not just saying that because we share a name :P also I'm loving the older brother
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @StephKillahB There are people of all ages and genders writing simlit. :) From teens like me to elderly ladies.

@noxxims Thank you! :D And I'll definitely check your story out here soon. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'd like to join the circle please <3

Username: DreamsInPixels
    Sims game(s) featured: TS4
    Main Theme: Family Drama
    Story link: It Takes a Village
    Other: The story will deal with some mature themes, and has the occasional curse word.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    I added a link to the reading circle on my story thread!
    @SilentWolf101 Well, I'm not quite elderly. :D Just a couple years past my teens.

@DreamsInPixels I'm going to start on your story right away!
    L6ASt4L.jpg

@DreamsInPixels I love your story so far! It hooked me right from the beginning.

You're a good writer with an easy, natural flow. And the TS4 screenshots you took were great, too. (They really added to the story.) I like that your chapters are lengthy enough to learn about a character in only one page. Already I find myself caring about Elden and Victoria. It's also a nice little touch to use some of the original TS4 characters in your story. Elden being related to the Goth family is interesting!

Can't wait to read more!
    L6ASt4L.jpg

• SubtleSimmingSubtleSimming Posts: 196 Member
    Hello!! I would love to join this reading circle! :)

Username: SubtleSimming
    Sims game(s) featured: TS4
    Main Theme: Drama, Mystery, Romance
    Story link: An Unclean Slate
    Forum link (for if you have an update thread): An Unclean Slate: Forum Posts
    Other: In the beginning chapters there is a lot of backstories. Hang in there, it's important ;)

I just began this story, so I'm trying to get it out there! Also, I love finding new stories to read, so I'm excited to have a look at all your stories :)
    @DreamsInPixels I love your story so far! It hooked me right from the beginning.

You're a good writer with an easy, natural flow. And the TS4 screenshots you took were great, too. (They really added to the story.) I like that your chapters are lengthy enough to learn about a character in only one page. Already I find myself caring about Elden and Victoria. It's also a nice little touch to use some of the original TS4 characters in your story. Elden being related to the Goth family is interesting!

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much. I admit, I take pride in my screenshots. I care so much about Victoria, she's such a sweet and happy girl. And Elden just melts when he's talking to her. :love:

I kinda took creative liberty and created an entire universe that expands the Goth Family. I've loved them since TS1, and when Unleashed added Elden and his Mama, and Goth Sr, I've always had it in my head that Elden was Gunther's son lol.

@DreamsInPixels Your story is really well written! Loving how you've incorporated some canon families.
  • TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    Username: theoriesofhappiness
    Sims game(s) featured: TS4!
    Main Theme: Legacy / drama
    Story link: https://thehumblelegacy.wordpress.com/generation-one-chapters-daisy-humble/
    Forum link (for if you have an update thread): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/891895/the-humble-legacy-updates-every-tues-thurs-and-sat#latest
    Other info: have been wanting to join a reading circle for a while, i'm a voracious reader, so i'm excited to be in one (possibly)!
  • SubtleSimmingSubtleSimming Posts: 196 Member
    Update: I have caught up to a few of the stories! @StephKillahB @DreamsInPixels I will begin yours after my break :)

@noxxims: I love A Rose for Bella; your writing style is so intricate and detailed and makes for a great read!
    @SilentWolf101: Scarlet Teardrops kept me on the edge of my seat!! (figuratively speaking :D ) I can't wait for more chapters! I definitely need to go read the rules though--I got a little excited to start reading!
    @BabyDollAnne: I think I know the direction this story is going, and I know it's about to get wild!! ;)
    @SubtleSimming I'm gonna start yours while I'm waiting for baked goods to bake :p

@BabyDollAnne fabulous chapters today. I'm so intrigued by how things are going. (Even though I know where things are going lol)
    the bad news is i've already read almost all of your stories up to date, hehehe :D
    the bad news is i've already read almost all of your stories up to date, hehehe :D

I know whatcha mean. I only have your story left to read.

I'm really glad I joined this circle (I originally joined because Anne is my bff) because all of the stories have fantastic starts and have me hooked.

I know whatcha mean. I only have your story left to read.

I'm really glad I joined this circle (I originally joined because Anne is my bff) because all of the stories have fantastic starts and have me hooked.

ditto!! i'm already in love with all of them so far, hehehe
    @SubtleSimming I just read an Unclean Slate and left a comment on the latest chapter. Your sims are all very attractive—you know, for sims and all. That must make taking beautiful screenshots a bit easier for you. Looking forward to reading more!

@TheoriesOfHappiness All caught up on yours now! As the story progressed I seen how strong of a woman Daisy is, and I was instantly taken by her. She's witty and unique. I love it.
    Also, bonus points for the toddler joke and triple points for Daisy's possible bisexuality(?). I can't wait to see how this goes!

My only criticism that I have is to break apart your paragraphs a little more. When a character talks, for example, that should be a new paragraph. I find that it helps to keep readers engaged with the story. There were times during your story that I was a bit confused on who was speaking, so making sure you separate characters' dialogue could help a lot with that! :)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

@StephKillahB
    thanks! i was worried about that as well, but figured that if no one commented all was well hahahah.
    @DreamsInPixels and @SubtleSimming and @TheoriesOfHappiness Sorry for such a late reply -- been a little busy today. I shall go ahead and add you guys to the roster! :D

@SubtleSimming Thank you for the compliment. :) I'm actually going to read the new stories, then going to go work on the next chapter in the story. :D
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    @StephKillahB
    thanks! i was worried about that as well, but figured that if no one commented all was well hahahah.

Yeah, it's no problem! Just a suggestion.

I can't wait to learn more about Daisy. :)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Updated the first post! :D Now everybody is listed there.

Now that we have seven members in this group (and hopefully gain some more), how about we hold a vote? On the first post, I said this:
    Group Activities:
    ~Should the group want to, every month members will choose a group story (without repeating stories, cycle resets January 1st) to read during the month, and at the end of the month, we can have a group discussion about that story. :) You are still able to talk about other stories in this thread.

Basically, it's like a book club where every month (resetting Jan 1st) we as a group choose one of the stories here to talk about during the last week of the month. There are many things we could talk about, such as author-posed questions about their story for the readers to answer. What does everybody else think about this idea? Keep in mind that if we do decide to do this, then it is not a requirement to participate every month, as I do realize that sometimes we can get busy. However, at least half of the year members should participate.

Also, as a side note, if you guys were to do side-stories based off of these main stories (for example, if I did the back story of a character from Scarlet Teardrops), then you are free to post a link to that here. :)
    @SilentWolf101 I think it's a nifty idea. Do we even have enough members for a year of no repeats though? :o
    Updated the first post! :D Now everybody is listed there.

Now that we have seven members in this group (and hopefully gain some more), how about we hold a vote? On the first post, I said this:
    Group Activities:
    ~Should the group want to, every month members will choose a group story (without repeating stories, cycle resets January 1st) to read during the month, and at the end of the month, we can have a group discussion about that story. :) You are still able to talk about other stories in this thread.

Basically, it's like a book club where every month (resetting Jan 1st) we as a group choose one of the stories here to talk about during the last week of the month. There are many things we could talk about, such as author-posed questions about their story for the readers to answer. What does everybody else think about this idea? Keep in mind that if we do decide to do this, then it is not a requirement to participate every month, as I do realize that sometimes we can get busy. However, at least half of the year members should participate.

Also, as a side note, if you guys were to do side-stories based off of these main stories (for example, if I did the back story of a character from Scarlet Teardrops), then you are free to post a link to that here. :)

i'm down!! like i said, i'm a voracious reader, the more the better!!