Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolf Den -- Reading Circle for New Stories -- FULL

Comments

• Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello! I noticed that this group seemed to be missing a member, and since I am already caught up on @Cement and halfway through @Dancer-freak, I figured I would ask if I could join.

I really am looking for constructive criticism and the sort, plus I love helping other people grow as writers.

Also, my legacy is only 3 weeks old. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Noted! Did I mention I was off jury duty? I lied. Still here... Hoping it's ending soon.
    ...Hope is failing :')

Nawwwwww, it's okay. Hopefully it's not tooooooooo bad! Maybe you got to see some things you haven't seen before? :D

Also, forgot to mention: There is an exception: If you mention BEFOREHAND that you won't be able to participate for the cycle, then you have an excuse. :) For example, you have jury duty. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Hello! I noticed that this group seemed to be missing a member, and since I am already caught up on @Cement and halfway through @Dancer-freak, I figured I would ask if I could join.

I really am looking for constructive criticism and the sort, plus I love helping other people grow as writers.

Also, my legacy is only 3 weeks old. :]

Hello and welcome, @Arrowleaf! May I ask you to fill out the form on the first post first? :) I'll quote it below so it's a little easier to find.
    Registration Form (Purple indicates a mandatory field):
    Username:
    Sims game(s) featured:
    Main Theme:
    Story link:
    Forum link (for if you have an update thread):
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Of course! I just wanted to make sure it was okay to join before I filled it out :) Thank you for having me!

Username: Arrowleaf
    Sims game(s) featured: TS4
    Main Theme: Romance and Mature Themes
    Story link: https://thelandonlegacy.wordpress.com/
    Thread Link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913768/
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Noted! Did I mention I was off jury duty? I lied. Still here... Hoping it's ending soon.
    ...Hope is failing :')

Nawwwwww, it's okay. Hopefully it's not tooooooooo bad! Maybe you got to see some things you haven't seen before? :D

Also, forgot to mention: There is an exception: If you mention BEFOREHAND that you won't be able to participate for the cycle, then you have an excuse. :) For example, you have jury duty. :3

Jury Duty won't ever stop me from hanging out on the forums, no matter how tired I'll be :sob: I'll definitely be here for discussions unless my faithful companion of a computer decides it's time to kick me off the internet.
    Again.
    :sob:
    Why does my own computer child do this to me
    I am your parent pls respect me
    why don't you appreciate the parts I gave you

Or if service drops in between comments when I'm at that hell hole courthouse.

As for stuff I haven't seen before... Man, I learned some nice tidbits and fun facts, but Jesus Christ please save me from that box room. LOL. My fingers are crossed and taped together in order to maximize luck efficiency that it'll end on Monday. At least.
    I don't know how long I can stand eating sad doughnuts and turkey sandwiches. My jury notes are being overrun by doodles I make of the witnesses or whatever I try to draw to keep me awake in the box. This experience was uncalled for

Also ayyeee it's @Arrowleaf <3
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry to be MIA guys, I did get sick in the end and I had terrible migraines. I actually drafted my answers on Monday and em..kind of didn't realize I never posted them.

@Arrowleaf Welcome! :) I only joined few weeks ago and this group is great. You're in for a treat, I loved all the stories here( you already know I'm at least half-right) and I'm looking forward to checking out your legacy. I'd say you found the right place with your mature-themed story as everything here is rather murky. Which brings me to my answers about @JordanSimsF 's legacy:

1. What are you impressions so far of the characters? Do you have a favourite?

My favourite may be Gianna, for now. Founders have it the hardest, and she did a great job starting the legacy. She was resilient, resourceful and on fire doing the ground work. The moment I really fell in love with her was the breakup with elderly Gary. So raw and practical <3
    I said "for now" because Kassie is likely to steal the crown. I like her more with every chapter. I felt bad when she was in a kind of a rough patch and now I'm rooting for her to succeed. I also enjoy seeing her in love and her slight detachment from the reality makes for a original and very interesting personality. Plus she's sooo attractive.
    I liked Levi a lot. I agree with @Cement - his mean streaks were hilarious. And then he did well as a single parent. I'm not a fan of the way he treats Kassie though, so he lost a few points here. At least he finally gave some explanation.

2. How do you think the deaths of the characters, Gianna, Noah and Aurora, have impacted the story? What were you thoughts when Aurora so suddenly died?

Gianna and Noah dying and bickering with the Grim Reaper gave the story the feeling of a black comedy and that is something I really enjoy. (Yep, really just said that.) Mr. Death is my favourite secondary character here.
    Aurora was genuinely tragic, but the story took an interesting turn afterwards, so... it was worth it? ( Seriously, what is wrong with me.)

3. What has been your favourite part of the story? Be it a scene, a quote or a picture?

Well, I've already mentioned Gianna/Gary breakup, but it's a runner-up overall. My number one is a scene from Field Trip when Levi is bonding with his children after Aurora's death. He tells them about the previous generations and they all play together. It's very touching and bittersweet.

2-3-22.png?w=620

4. What do you hope will happen to/for Kassie in generation three?

I want her to do well career and family wise, and to be able to deal with her mental issues- so good things to happen. I wouldn't mind some mild trouble caused by her quirkiness and insanity, because knowing @JordanSimsF , they would be really funny. ( Again. I'm a terrible person.)

Oh, and @Cement how is your ankle?
  • Options
    It's all good, @chocis! I forget to press "post" all the time. :joy:
    I hope you're feeling better now. Being sick is terrible :(
  • Options
    Thanks @Cement I'm better now. :)
    I've never really got the idea of jury duty, it plums that you're stuck there. How's your ankle?
    Oh, I got caught up with White Lies and Half Truths ! I have a lot of good things to say, but I want to give you some nice and constructive feedback so it may take a while to compose it :D I couldn't stop reading.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @chocis Welcome back! :smiley: Sorry that you got sick. :( But glad you're back! :)

*totally not saying the same thing to my kitty who does NOT want to love me all of a sudden*
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Of course! I just wanted to make sure it was okay to join before I filled it out :) Thank you for having me!

Username: Arrowleaf
    Sims game(s) featured: TS4
    Main Theme: Romance and Mature Themes
    Story link: https://thelandonlegacy.wordpress.com/
    Thread Link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913768/

Totally didn't miss this post... Nope, never...

Awesome, you've been added to the front page! :) I've included your story in the cycle for this... cycle?
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 Thanks :) Thinking doesn't come to me easily when I'm sick, but next time I'll give you the heads-up.
    Being here makes me wish for LOL buttons.

*totally not saying the same thing to my kitty who does NOT want to love me all of a sudden*

Because I'm not saying it to my dog when she looses interest in me as soon as I finish sharing my meal with her either.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @chocis I did notice that most people here seem to have mature rated stories - which is another reason I wanted to join. ^_^ I'm excited to catch up with everyone. I am glad you are feeling better!

@Cement So, how does jury duty work? I had always thought you weren't allowed to access the media and such, but is that only in high profile cases?

@SilentWolf101 Thank you!

Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    @Arrowleaf I can use my phone during breaks in the jury room which I do often to retain my sanity since there's no view out the window either. The reception is terrible and their wifi is the worst, but it's manageable. I can find a signal if I restart my phone a few times and stand near the door.
    I can't use it anywhere else in the courtroom, though. Only in that terrible little box of a room :pensive:
  • Options
    @Arrowleaf I can use my phone during breaks in the jury room which I do often to retain my sanity since there's no view out the window either. The reception is terrible and their wifi is the worst, but it's manageable. I can find a signal if I restart my phone a few times and stand near the door.
    I can't use it anywhere else in the courtroom, though. Only in that terrible little box of a room :pensive:

Aw, so by that point, it's almost not even worth it. :( V-V But hey, at least it's almost over, right?
  • Options

Aw, so by that point, it's almost not even worth it. :( V-V But hey, at least it's almost over, right?

I am desperately hoping it'll be over on Monday. It's so exhausting :sob:

On the bright side, being stuck there for so long gives me time to brainstorm about my story :joy:
  • Options
    Dancer-freakDancer-freak Posts: 223 Member
    Welcome @Arrowleaf it is so nice to have a new member!! Glad to hear you are all caught up with my crazy Blakesley's <3

@chocis Oh no! I hope you are feeling a little better!! xx

@Cement Ugh still on Jury duty, huh? Gross. Does it look like it'll be ending anytime soon?/After you come to a decision you should tell us what the case was about lol. As a person aspiring to work in the legal system I am curious!

@SilentWolf101 thank you for updating the rules!! :blush:

Finally, it is Cycle Sunday!!

This week we are discussing The Blakesley Legacy by myself. Since this is my story I am gonna sit back and let someone else take the reigns on the discussion this week. Although I will have some questions later on.

I am curious though, how far as everyone gotten into the story?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Dancer-freak I wish I was caught up, I do believe I am on chapter 11.

Just so you know, your link on wordpress to chapter 11 brings me to a post about you winning the unique blogger award. (Congrats!) :smiley: Chapter 12 and 10 bring you the correct chapters, so it's not hard to get there, but I figured I'd give you a head up.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    @Dancer-freak I'm better, thanks! @SilentWolf101 Do you have some questions already? I have a few ideas, but I can post them in about 5-6 hours (my evening) Or I can PM you to make one post if you're willing to wait.
    :)
  • Options
    Sorry about being so late, I've been stuck at work all day. Thank you for the pm, Chocis! I actually am not ready for the week since I'm not *quite* caught up yet. XD Totally not embarrassed about how far behind I am... :( In that case, thank you, Chocis, for sending some questions to me. :) I'll be posting those for now. :) If you have any more questions, Dancer or Chocis, feel free to post them. :) Thank you!

Questions for the author:
    *Shouldn’t spoil anything up to Chapter 11*
    1. Creative process is surely interesting, so we need a question about your source/sources of inspiration for the main characters. So where did the idea for Char, Leighton and Damian come from? On a related note: since Char and Damian seem to be psychologically disturbed, did you do a research on any particular personality disorders or mental conditions?*

2. To what extend did you outline Charlotte’s character development at the beginning? ( very precise profile, general guidelines, just the gist assuming the rest will come as your actually write, etc.)

3. If for a day you would be feeling like a gracious creator and your characters had a chance at alternative, happy, reality- what would they end up doing? ( you can answer just about one of the three)

*possible spoilers up to Chapter 22*

4. You wreck our hearts with Char-Leighton-Nate dynamic. Can you explain their motivations in the way the interact with each other after the triplets are born? (I loved the answers you gave me below Chapter 21, so feel free to copy past that comment. I’m also curious if Lee is having trouble embracing Nate as his son? For example, would he react the same way if it was Sam acting up?)

5. Think about all the children in the story. Yep, there’s a lot of them. Still, what animal/colour/song come to mind when you think about each child?

6. What scene/line and screenshot were the most important from the character or relationship development perspective? ( doesn’t matter which character)

Questions for readers
    *questions themselves are spoiler-free for the first half of the story*
    1. What was your reaction to the first in-story encounter between Char and Damian?

2. What do you think Char did in her past?

3. On a scale 1-10, how much do you hate Damian? Why?

4. In your opinion, which scene/line and screenshot is the most defining for a character/relationship? ( again, doesn’t matter which character)

5. You can pick one character and hang out with them. Who do you choose and what do you do?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    1. What was your reaction to the first in-story encounter between Char and Damien? At first I was just curious about what would happen but by the end of it I was very much in the 'Oh hell nah' camp.

I'm going to assume that she was a drug dealer, much like Damien. I think she may have also hurt people when they did not deliver on their promises.

EDIT: After reading a few more chapters, I think she killed her parents. :[ Or maybe her child? But Damien tried to kill his child, so that's not 'the one thing he couldn't bring himself to do'.

3. On a scale 1-10, how much do you hate Damien? Why? How many miles are there to the sun? That's how much I hate Damien.

Because he's a do*che nozzle, duh :P

4. In your opinion, which scene/line and screenshot is the most defining for a character/relationship? ( again, doesn’t matter which character) “Put the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 coke away, Charlotte. Or I swear I will cut that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing out of your body while you watch.”

This line of dialogue really shows how unhinged Damien is. It makes his actions in chapter twelve more believable and in character, as well, since we already know that Damien has no remorse or second thoughts about hurting Char if she disobeys or disappoints him.

5. You can pick one character and hang out with them. Who do you choose and what do you do?

Probably Char. She's seen so much, and lived through so much, that she would have great stories. She could regal me with tales of all the cities she went to. I would want to sit down over a coffee with her and just pick at her brain, see what makes her tick.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    JordanSimsFJordanSimsF Posts: 221 Member
    Welcome @Arrowleaf. Great to have you here.

Guys laptop went down again on Sunday but I'll try to participate as best as I can from my tablet
  • Options
    Hey guys, I typed a response but fell asleep on my keyboard. I'll post it when I get back from Jury duty--Hoping it's the last day today. Really, really hoping :sob:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Dancer-freak It actually ended today! I'm free and the gag order is off! Woohoo! Not that kind of woohoo
    Unfortunately the other guy I and my fellow jurors hoped would get a guilty verdict is free too. :/ Should I put my experience in a spoiler? I'm going to put it in a spoiler. :joy:
    I was in a sort of odd situation; The trial had two defendants, and there were two juries. Jury? (What is the plural :sob:) I was on one of them. The trial was on a first degree murder, and it was gang-related. The reason both of them were there was because they were both involved in the same crime, so we shared the courtroom with another jury, but we were always separated whenever it came to the other side.

Anyway, it started off because of some drunken taunting about a rival gang, which led to my defendant to tell his crew about it and got them all riled up. When the victim entered the building, he received an intense beating, was dragged outside, then shot four times across his body. My defendant only beaten the guy and dragged him out, but because his friend--the other guy--pulled the trigger and killed him, he got the guilty charge. He was an accomplice, yeah, but the issue was that the other guy could've been hauled off to prison also if my defendant spoke. He chose not to.

I think it was probably a gang thing. Loyalty, I guess. The witnesses were very hesitant and snarky when they came on the stand and lied outright about their accounts on the murder because they didn't want to ruin their rep.
    It was really stressful. Nine days of "I do not recall" and "were you or were you not asked these questions and gave these answers; Question (blah blah blah) Answer (blah blah blah)" made me want to shove my head through the wall. The police officers and detectives involved responded similarly, and it made the whole thing stressful.
    I found myself doodling the witnesses during the testimonies, if it could be called those. We had their grand jury testimony transcripts to look over as well as surveillance videos and all that stuff from evidence to look over and use to deliberate. When we reached our verdict, it was bittersweet. Because he didn't stop him whatsoever and had a hand in instigating the whole thing, he was found guilty--But also because some of the evidence that could've possibly gave him more leeway wasn't even tested for blood and fingerprints, and also because during the interrogation, he incriminated himself by putting himself even in those situations smh
    The whole ordeal was just... Wow. I wish it was more like cut and dry, but it was just mind boggling since they kept switching it up on us. My overall experience as a juror was alright, I guess. Extended for an extra 5 days when I was told only 4 really threw me off. :s My fellow jurors were kind and pretty funny, so I guess that made it less terrible. We had one that started talking about how he should just sleep in the parking lot so he wouldn't have to drive an hour to the courthouse, then talked about how he feels like his dog is forgetting him because he's been going to the courthouse so often instead of hanging around with his doggo, then low key gave up and said he should change his address to the courthouse and become a professional juror as the days went by

I'm also caught up with your legacy, too! :)

@chocis Nice to hear you're feeling better! :D

Cycle Sunday answers! :)
    1. What was your reaction to the first in-story encounter between Char and Damian?
    My first thought was, "wow can you not just grab her like that in public?" LOL
    Then I found him really rude for imposing on her.

Aside from the obvious that she ran away from an abusive household, Yumi said something about her being a mother, and later on Damien mentioned something about them being a family. Maybe something happened with that kid that caused her to wake up and leave Damien, finding her only way out to be faking her death? But 🐸🐸🐸🐸, it's real crazy about what happened.
    I wonder what's in the mysterious rooms in her old home, and what the relationship between her parents and Damien's probably is? What does a Politician, a CEO, and a Drug lord have in common? Being able to do underhanded shady things hehexd

3. On a scale 1-10, how much do you hate Damian? Why?
    Like a 4/10.
    He seems like a huge D-bag but, I like to think of him as a guy who doesn't understand why he lost her. They were "together" at one point, but Charlotte is stronger now and is resisting his advances. I think he's more pitiful than scary, even though he keeps threatening her. I don't really hate him as much from the beginning where I thought he was just a creepy mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸 man who touches women in broad daylight LOL. I don't think he'd actually act on things. There was one quote in some chapter where he mentions how he still loves her and doesn't want to leave her, so I guess he's just obsessive and... Yeah, pitiful. He'd probably keep trying to threaten her and her family, but it'll just be hot hair.
    Hopefully.
    But if he even goes near Nathan, I'm going to hate him 999999999999/10
    Don't corrupt the angsty child ples

4. In your opinion, which scene/line and screenshot is the most defining for a character/relationship? ( again, doesn’t matter which character)
    I really love the relationship between Charlotte and Sam in the early chapters! My heart :sob:
    “Thanks ma, it’s so go-” He stopped with a shocked look on his face. Charlotte had stopped eating her sandwich and was staring at the little boy with wide eyes. “I-I’m sorry Charlotte. I didn’t mean to say ma.” He mumbled, quickly taking a bit of his sandwich. “Sam…” Lee started before Charlotte cut him off. “Hey, it’s okay buddy.” She said, smiling. “I don’t mind if you don’t mind.” Leighton was looking at his son, something complicated woven deep in his gaze. “Yeah buddy. It isn’t the end of the world. And like Char said. It is okay if you want to call her mom.”

“But what about my real mom, won’t she be mad?” Leighton winced. “I don’t think so buddy.” Charlotte murmured, holding Lee’s hand gently. “I think that she would be happy that you are your dad are doing so well.” Squeezing Lee’s hand gently, she noticed a small smile grow on his lips.

And this quote from Nathan's reaction to his new triplet siblings:
    His two small sisters and one little brother had him completely entrapped, he imagined what it would like as they grew up. He made a secret promise that no matter what he would protect them, even when their mother started to ignore them too.

And screenshots--This pair, really:
    screenshot-65.jpg?w=820
    screenshot-63.jpg?w=820

Nathan's detached from his family, and their once close-knit family relationship has dwindled to an extent when Nathan becomes more rebellious. He's starting to feel like he's the "odd one out" and it's definitely upsetting him now that the triplets are around. But I don't think Nathan has an issue with his new siblings, but rather just Char in general since she's, how he describes, a bad mother, when I think he just doesn't understand how overworked she's been, I guess.
    Having so many kids now, it's hard to give attention. It could also be because Nathan looks like his real dad and it hurts to look at him, which is, what I find, really sad.

Nathan.
    I'd give him hugs and spoil him with obnoxious stranger love as he kicks my shins, tells me I'm a weirdo and runs away. He'd do that, wouldn't he?
    :sob:
    Can I just hug all her kids actually

Also, how was you guys' weekends? Anything fun planned? :)
    My weekend was pretty nice. I went to see Power Rangers and it was pretty good, celebrated my cousin's birthday and played at an arcade (along with watching more movies with a train theme--Train to Busan, The Girl on The Train...)
    Also failed to get wasted off wine, so I'm a little disappointed I don't know what kind of drunk I am
    Post edited by Cement on
  • Options
    @Cement Definitely not the good kind of drunk *cough cough*

Anyways, holy goodness, that sounds kind of crazy! O.O And good to hear that you had some good fellow jurors (whatever it's spelled). It's crazy how people go by, though... Even the guilty can be free...
  • Options
    is it because I fail to get drunk? :sob:

Yeah. The law is flawed. :sob: For some reason, I could've sworn "even the guilty can be free" was a quote from somewhere. :joy: How's your week going, @SilentWolf101? :)