Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolf Den -- Reading Circle for New Stories -- FULL

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @JordanSimsF yaaas babies :sunglasses:
    I'll keep an eye out for typos. :) I'm cautious with mine also, and zone out when I read over to check. I had a funny one in my first chapter I had to laugh at--I typed "Bread" instead of "Breath" and it gave me the weirdest image in my head LOL.

Also, yay! It's Sunday! Cycle Sunday ;)
    1. What was your first impression of Jaques? How did that change when he took Raelynn in?
    My first impression was that he was downright cool. He seemed like such a sweetheart in the beginning, the way he wanted to prove his love to his human lady friend. When it gets taken away, he fights back to rebuild and stays angry. I still think he's cool even though he treats Raelynn as a "pet," since I mean, she kinda made a bad decision of just going in there head on. I'm with him 100% of the way lmao :joy:Go Jaques! Wipe out all the human scum!
    Wait, do I get spared if I'm a fan? Probably not. Oh well, time to write my will. -dry laugh-
    2. How do you feel about Raelynn? What kind of person do you think she is based on what you know of her?
    I think Raelynn is a little impulsive. She kind of thought something like, "if I go here, everything will fall into place" when she first arrives in Bridgeport, even though she was aware that there are rumors of large amounts of vampires. Maybe her mind was still full of upset against her step-mom at this point that she didn't think as clearly?
    I'm assuming she's still somewhat teenage, if not very young since she sorta bolted with her own pets to save them from her mean, gold digging step-mother. However, her taking her animals with her does show she's empathetic and that she is inclined to "save" those in danger since she mentions, "I just couldn’t let her kick them around like that anymore…"
    I think she might develop into a stronger character with more confidence later, possibly become more dangerous as time goes by. Right now she's still trying to take in what's going on and assessing her situation, which is good since it shows she knew she messed up.
    3. What do you predict will happen in the future for Jaques and for Raelynn?
    Toward the end of 1.01, Raelynn makes it clear she wants out, but she does make note that a part of her does enjoy living there, and understands there are always repercussions if she disobeys. I feel like this cause and effect kind of thing makes her realize that making brash decisions isn't right, so she'll now try to bide her time thinking of a way to leave instead of packing up and saying see ya. I'm sure she understands that Jaques has power around Bridgeport, seeing how easily she was caught.
    I'm terrible at making predictions, but I feel like maybe she'll get stockholm syndrome and she'll end up falling for him, finding reasoning for what he does the longer she's with him. Jaques will feel threatened by this since he wouldn't want another coven slaughtered, let alone have his feelings pulled by a human. Again. Yikes.
    The idea of someone possibly replacing the woman he was with before might make him hate Raelynn at first, then he'll get soft. When his coven finds out he's a big softy, they might try to overthrow him and threaten Raelynn's life--Something like that, maybe. Oh, tragic love, I love it LOL.
    4. So far what has been your favourite line of dialect and what has been your favourite screenshot?
    That’s when I heard it — the ever-familiar scream coming from of of my twin daughters. My eyes flicked over just in time to see them both die at the hands of a hunter.
    I like this line a lot; It shows how important family is to him. He was in a state of panic when the hunters came into the room, and the screams brought him back to focus. This line fuels the ideology of how angry he is toward the hunters, and what they've done.
    For screenshots... This one.
    014.png?w=676

Why I like this screenshot... Well, Jaques looks so smug there. I love it :joy: Nothing real deep, I just find it as a nice picture of him. :joy:
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    @JordanSimsF yaaas babies :sunglasses:
    I'll keep an eye out for typos. :) I'm cautious with mine also, and zone out when I read over to check. I had a funny one in my first chapter I had to laugh at--I typed "Bread" instead of "Breath" and it gave me the weirdest image in my head LOL.

Also, yay! It's Sunday! Cycle Sunday ;)
    1. What was your first impression of Jaques? How did that change when he took Raelynn in?
    My first impression was that he was downright cool. He seemed like such a sweetheart in the beginning, the way he wanted to prove his love to his human lady friend. When it gets taken away, he fights back to rebuild and stays angry. I still think he's cool even though he treats Raelynn as a "pet," since I mean, she kinda made a bad decision of just going in there head on. I'm with him 100% of the way lmao :joy:Go Jaques! Wipe out all the human scum!
    Wait, do I get spared if I'm a fan? Probably not. Oh well, time to write my will. -dry laugh-
    2. How do you feel about Raelynn? What kind of person do you think she is based on what you know of her?
    I think Raelynn is a little impulsive. She kind of thought something like, "if I go here, everything will fall into place" when she first arrives in Bridgeport, even though she was aware that there are rumors of large amounts of vampires. Maybe her mind was still full of upset against her step-mom at this point that she didn't think as clearly?
    I'm assuming she's still somewhat teenage, if not very young since she sorta bolted with her own pets to save them from her mean, gold digging step-mother. However, her taking her animals with her does show she's empathetic and that she is inclined to "save" those in danger since she mentions, "I just couldn’t let her kick them around like that anymore…"
    I think she might develop into a stronger character with more confidence later, possibly become more dangerous as time goes by. Right now she's still trying to take in what's going on and assessing her situation, which is good since it shows she knew she messed up.
    Toward the end of 1.01, Raelynn makes it clear she wants out, but she does make note that a part of her does enjoy living there, and understands there are always repercussions if she disobeys. I feel like this cause and effect kind of thing makes her realize that making brash decisions isn't right, so she'll now try to bide her time thinking of a way to leave instead of packing up and saying see ya. I'm sure she understands that Jaques has power around Bridgeport, seeing how easily she was caught.
    I'm terrible at making predictions, but I feel like maybe she'll get stockholm syndrome and she'll end up falling for him, finding reasoning for what he does the longer she's with him. Jaques will feel threatened by this since he wouldn't want another coven slaughtered, let alone have his feelings pulled by a human. Again. Yikes.
    The idea of someone possibly replacing the woman he was with before might make him hate Raelynn at first, then he'll get soft. When his coven finds out he's a big softy, they might try to overthrow him and threaten Raelynn's life--Something like that, maybe. Oh, tragic love, I love it LOL.
    4. So far what has been your favourite line of dialect and what has been your favourite screenshot?
    That’s when I heard it — the ever-familiar scream coming from of of my twin daughters. My eyes flicked over just in time to see them both die at the hands of a hunter.
    I like this line a lot; It shows how important family is to him. He was in a state of panic when the hunters came into the room, and the screams brought him back to focus. This line fuels the ideology of how angry he is toward the hunters, and what they've done.
    For screenshots... This one.
    014.png?w=676

Why I like this screenshot... Well, Jaques looks so smug there. I love it :joy: Nothing real deep, I just find it as a nice picture of him. :joy:

Omg, that made me laugh. Cycle Sunday. XD
    1) XD Because you chose to stand beside him, Jacquas has acreed to spare you this one time. But hurry up and become a vampire... This is the last time he will spare anybody.
    2) Ohhhhh, interesting. Impulsive and empathetic. :) I like it. ^-^ And I quite like your prediction about her as well. :)
    3) My goodness, I do quite love your prediction there! :) ^-^
    4) Oh goodness, that photo. It took me an hour to get that photo, and even then, I forgot to remove his freaking vampire glow. XD I tried sooooooooooooooooo many poses to find the right one, but could never find the right one! Even that one I wasn't quite happy with, but it was the best one that I had. XD

As for the typos, I'm horrible with that. XD What I do is I type everything out, then me being the perfectionist that I am, I go through and completely retype absolutely everything because I didn't like the way it went. And I do it again, and again... And by the time I finally am happy with what I've got, I'm too done with it to go back and reread for typos. XD So, if you guys ever find typos in my thing, let me know. It may be a while befroe I get to them, but I'll fix them eventually.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Dancer-freakDancer-freak Posts: 223 Member
    @Cement @SilentWolf101 I am literally loving this!! Cycle Sunday is a legit thing now.

I have things to say but it is D&D night at that means I have been drinking a bit :sweat_smile: So I will be back tomorrow with some more discussions. XD

G'night all <3
    Ok! Back and not wine drunk this time LOL. I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!! Let's get to chatting... (or maybe I will just ramble for a bit.)

@JordanSimsF I will keep an eye out for any! As long as ya'll do the same for mine... but to be perfectly honest sometimes I know there is mistakes and just go with it cause I am super lazy and people know what I mean anyways... *heh*. But @chocis pointed out that there was an issue with the sequence in which my chapters appeared on my blog! I think I may have accidentally published chapter 21 from my phone a while back and deleted it right away. When I actually published it, the chapter reverted back to it's original publication date. This made it so ch. 21 came before ch. 19 & 20. I want ahead and changed the publication date and it should appear normally now! At least it does for me. Thank you again chocis for pointing that out to me!!!!

Now, onto the story! (I am not going to tag you guys every single time I mention you lol so just

@chocis I am glad I'm not the only one who wondered what happened to the poor babies (meaning the kitten and puppy). @SilentWolf101 I understand where you are coming from saying that you wouldn't want to hurt them at all! I know what you mean. There is a lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that I will throw at my characters but hurting little animals is something I would have a hard time writing (*thinks about John WIcK* *cries hysterically for 10 minutes straight*) Although if push came to shove and I thought it would held aid the story/pull on readers heart strings I would do it.

@Cement @chocis I am glad we are all at least sort of on the Jaques band wagon! I like how chocis put it "A character that I hate to love". He is totally a bada** and I love him to death. This is coming from the girl that secretly wants her antagonist and protagonist to be together but you didn't hear me saying that.. Bad characters are totally the bomb and as much as you hate to see bad things happen to protagonists, you can't help but eat up all the drama. At least in my opinion. LOL. Chocis you also said that you think Raelynn is a bit of a bada** herself. I agree! Although, yeah she is very impulsive and a little immature at the same time.

GUYSSSSS dialect is so my jam, hence why I asked this question. I was so curious to see the little nuances that people picked up on cause I know that I saw a lot. @SilentWolf101 you did a really good job at that *clapping* I thought that was funny, what you said about my interpretation of the words and y'know what... I never thought it was an accident :wink::wink: But seriously, I think this question is really important. It is good to try and dissect the word choices of the authors, read between the lines and try and decipher deeper meanings, in the text. (Sorry, rambling, I am just so excited about dialect).

@SilentWolf101 is there anything you would like to ask us??

Also, on a side not @Cement how do you do that thing where you make the letters smaller?? I can't figure it out??
    edited March 2017
    Ok! Back and not wine drunk this time LOL. I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!! Let's get to chatting... (or maybe I will just ramble for a bit.)

@JordanSimsF I will keep an eye out for any! As long as ya'll do the same for mine... but to be perfectly honest sometimes I know there is mistakes and just go with it cause I am super lazy and people know what I mean anyways... *heh*. But @chocis pointed out that there was an issue with the sequence in which my chapters appeared on my blog! I think I may have accidentally published chapter 21 from my phone a while back and deleted it right away. When I actually published it, the chapter reverted back to it's original publication date. This made it so ch. 21 came before ch. 19 & 20. I want ahead and changed the publication date and it should appear normally now! At least it does for me. Thank you again chocis for pointing that out to me!!!!

Now, onto the story! (I am not going to tag you guys every single time I mention you lol so just

@chocis I am glad I'm not the only one who wondered what happened to the poor babies (meaning the kitten and puppy). @SilentWolf101 I understand where you are coming from saying that you wouldn't want to hurt them at all! I know what you mean. There is a lot of plum that I will throw at my characters but hurting little animals is something I would have a hard time writing (*thinks about John WIcK* *cries hysterically for 10 minutes straight*) Although if push came to shove and I thought it would held aid the story/pull on readers heart strings I would do it.

@Cement @chocis I am glad we are all at least sort of on the Jaques band wagon! I like how chocis put it "A character that I hate to love". He is totally a bada** and I love him to death. This is coming from the girl that secretly wants her antagonist and protagonist to be together but you didn't hear me saying that.. Bad characters are totally the bomb and as much as you hate to see bad things happen to protagonists, you can't help but eat up all the drama. At least in my opinion. LOL. Chocis you also said that you think Raelynn is a bit of a bada** herself. I agree! Although, yeah she is very impulsive and a little immature at the same time.

GUYSSSSS dialect is so my jam, hence why I asked this question. I was so curious to see the little nuances that people picked up on cause I know that I saw a lot. @SilentWolf101 you did a really good job at that *clapping* I thought that was funny, what you said about my interpretation of the words and y'know what... I never thought it was an accident :wink::wink: But seriously, I think this question is really important. It is good to try and dissect the word choices of the authors, read between the lines and try and decipher deeper meanings, in the text. (Sorry, rambling, I am just so excited about dialect).

@SilentWolf101 is there anything you would like to ask us??

Also, on a side not @Cement how do you do that thing where you make the letters smaller?? I can't figure it out??

1) To make letters smaller, do [*size=#]input words here[/size*] (remove the astericks, replace the #). I've found that 3 is the regular size of the text, I think.
    2) Thank you. :) I think that that is quite a good question to ask, since it definitely helped me as a writer. :)

As for things to ask you guys, well... Dancer asked what you guys PREDICT about the future of the story, so how about this: What do you guys WANT to happen in the story? Do you want to see Raelynn escape, or do you think it suits her living as Jacques' slave?

Also, what would you think if the roles were reversed -- if Raelynn was the evil master vampire, and Jacques was the pet?
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Yay, I made a contribution! :joy:Cycle Sunday! :joy:

@SilentWolf101 -gasp- Jaques spared me! I should hurry and become a vampire soon to not disappoint him!
    -makes a craigslist ad to get turned-
    Does it show that I don't spend my free time wisely since I edit weird stuff in photoshop for the sake of a joke? I do this pretty often, actually
    I understand how you feel about poses! It's why I got up to learn "how to blender" so I wouldn't have to hunt for ones I liked for long. (Also because I'd get engrossed in CC Shopping and forget what I was doing in the first place :sob:) Blender's pretty fun when you get used to it, I think. I'm still pretty new at it, but I think I'm getting progressively better from how my first ones I made to my latest ones. Haha, the vampire glow makes it have a nice touch!

And @Dancer-freak, it's just like how @SilentWolf101 said it :) I usually put mine as size 2 like this:
    [size=2]ayeee small text[/size]

Hope D&D night went well :) And hey, we all love a good bad guy here I see. :joy: I love a good antagonist, especially tragic villains. They really rile me up and set the tears flowing. Mmmm drama, can't get enough :joy:

As for what I'd want to happen in the story... I'd like a kind of Beauty and the Beast thing go on, where they end up warming up to each other, but can't really be together, considering the circumstances. Maybe all the Beauty and the Beast advertising is getting to me However, instead of a happy ending, maybe something terrible. Because drama. :joy: From the options given, I'd like to see Raelynn escape... Then come back, maybe against her will, or maybe because of something else? She comes back because she realized she forgot to feed her animals and she knows Jaques is probably going to do something bad to her since she forgot There's a lot of room for development for her.

If it was reversed but the same backstories, I'd feel really bad for Jaques. His family falls apart and gets roped up as a pet? Yikes! Raelynn as a master vampire would be kinda cool, but she doesn't strike me as the type to hold a grudge for that long. If she had the choice to kill her step-mother scot free, she seems like she wouldn't because then she might be just like her, and I'm pretty sure that's the last thing she'd ever want to be.
    edited March 2017
    Yay, I made a contribution! :joy:Cycle Sunday! :joy:

@SilentWolf101 -gasp- Jaques spared me! I should hurry and become a vampire soon to not disappoint him!
    -makes a craigslist ad to get turned-
    Does it show that I don't spend my free time wisely since I edit weird stuff in photoshop for the sake of a joke? I do this pretty often, actually
    I understand how you feel about poses! It's why I got up to learn "how to blender" so I wouldn't have to hunt for ones I liked for long. (Also because I'd get engrossed in CC Shopping and forget what I was doing in the first place :sob:) Blender's pretty fun when you get used to it, I think. I'm still pretty new at it, but I think I'm getting progressively better from how my first ones I made to my latest ones. Haha, the vampire glow makes it have a nice touch!

And @Dancer-freak, it's just like how @SilentWolf101 said it :) I usually put mine as size 2 like this:
    [size=2]ayeee small text[/size]

Hope D&D night went well :) And hey, we all love a good bad guy here I see. :joy: I love a good antagonist, especially tragic villains. They really rile me up and set the tears flowing. Mmmm drama, can't get enough :joy:

As for what I'd want to happen in the story... I'd like a kind of Beauty and the Beast thing go on, where they end up warming up to each other, but can't really be together, considering the circumstances. Maybe all the Beauty and the Beast advertising is getting to me However, instead of a happy ending, maybe something terrible. Because drama. :joy: From the options given, I'd like to see Raelynn escape... Then come back, maybe against her will, or maybe because of something else? She comes back because she realized she forgot to feed her animals and she knows Jaques is probably going to do something bad to her since she forgot There's a lot of room for development for her.

If it was reversed but the same backstories, I'd feel really bad for Jaques. His family falls apart and gets roped up as a pet? Yikes! Raelynn as a master vampire would be kinda cool, but she doesn't strike me as the type to hold a grudge for that long. If she had the choice to kill her step-mother scot free, she seems like she wouldn't because then she might be just like her, and I'm pretty sure that's the last thing she'd ever want to be.
    Totally didn't put that in a spoiler to shorten the post...
    Lol, I have actually made my own poses before, but since I got severely frustrated while making one pose in particular, I stopped making poses after that. XD But I did make a pose perfect on my very first try with Blender! :) I uploaded it for other people to use, too. It was actually this one here:
    Leaning%20on%20a%20fence_zpssmpucyyo.png
    I needed my character to be leaning on a fence, and the fence that I used was taller than all the ones poses on the internet used. So I learned blender to make that one specific pose. XD I'm still really proud of it. :3

ANYWAYS, that doesn't even look photoshopped! Then again, I've never been on Craig's list before... XD And ohhhhh, I like that Beauty And The Beast idea -- we'll just have to see how that turns out. :) And lol, funny thing is,
    I TOTALLY wanted Raelynn to be that bada** evil vampire, and made her completely different for the original version of Scarlet Teardrops. I didn't want another story out there about how the girl was put down. But then, I came up with a WAY better idea for Raelynn, and that is where Jacques was invented. :3
    @SilentWolf101 @Cement Thank you!!!

I kind of hope that Raelynn ends up staying and becoming sort of special to Jaques. I agree with Cement, the idea of a "Beauty and the Beast"-esque story (only the beast being a super hot vampire, so I mean bonus???) sounds really appealing to me! I imagine it like Jaques beginning to develop real feelings for her but then struggling to come to terms with that since he is obviously not over his families deaths. This sort of internal tug-of-war for him. And obvious I don't imagine it would be easy for Raelyn either, I mean this person kidnapped her and used her as a play-thing. I think it would be really cool to read about the internal strife they might encounter. Regardless, I just really hope they fall in love :sweat_smile:

Hot? Is that an appropriate response to the second question? I don't know but that is my answer. LOL. I think that these kinds of situations are often portrayed as "Dominant Male, Submissive Female". Wolf, I think you really need to go in game and reverse this picture
    015.png?w=676
    because all I am picture is Raelynn sitting in the chair all coy like and almost typed Damien here XD You can tell I really, really like Jaques when... Jaques on the ground beside her. I am going to be honest I am having such a hard time writing this response without bringing up this connection but I was involved in a vampire x human play-by-post RP a few years ago that was this exact situation only the dominant personality was a woman (actually they were both women) and it was wonderful! Having that strong female lead who was bada** and it was nice, from the perspective of a woman, to be able to read about a character who is also a woman and just does awesome s*it all the time. Like go on massive killing sprees after her entire family is slaughtered.
    This isn't to say I would prefer it if the roles were reversed, I love Jaque's character and I think that he is definitely better suited for the role in this instance that is for sure. But I am excited to see what lies in store for Raelynn too.

That pose looks great Wolf!! I have had zero luck with blender so far... heh. Any tips guys??
    And OMG I just read the entire "ad", Cement. I laughed out loud "Being into memes and bad jokes is a plus". :lol: literally bless you for this.

LAST THING before I hit the hay: A little sneak peak at tomorrow's chapter of The Blakesley Legacy, I was bored waiting for nighttime in-game and decided it was photoshoot time :blush: See any familiar faces in there??
    0Bz-38cwQCgOMdGNGMmFIWHpnWmc=w1180-h563-iv10Bz-38cwQCgOMNkRRMXU0RUphZzg=w1180-h563-iv1
  • chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    edited March 2017
    Oh my, I have things to add to this discussion, but it will have to wait till tomorrow. I'm already struggling to get everything done and I'm afraid I'm getting a cold again :( Btw, what time zones do you guys live in? I'm in UTC +1 (Central European Time) meaning it's 5:30 PM.
    @chocis Oh no :frowning: Don't work yourself sick! This well be here tomorrow that is for sure. I am Atlantic so it is like quarter after four here. It would have been about 1:30 when you posted that.
    Nice job on that pose, @SilentWolf101! :D Craigslist is a... It's a weird site. Great for low key shady dealings and odd jobs, at least from what I see :smirk: Glad you enjoyed the ad, @Dancer-freak :joy:

For Blender, what's the problem you're having? I'm sure the process for making them in 3 is similar to making poses in 4. It can't be that far off, anyway... Right? :cold_sweat: For poses, I think just having a good picture to reference when you make it is good. I won't lie, I'm guilty for playing in blender and making them do weird stuff anyway. LOL One of my favorites to do is tugging their expressions... That's what I find challenging about it, but I'm getting better at that so I don't have to partially redraw a face. I would redraw the face, or at least a part of the face, because I'm really picky about that kind of thing
    c8f89d2b692d9e046ed7e4936e81e65f.png
    2wEBYd9.png

Group poses are my favorite. I have an odd amount of "weird selfie" poses I don't use but keep going back to work on like this LOL
    b27ed68319c80f5404b32f499300a834.png
    It's all about camera angles and weird tricks for me to get things in the right spot since I'm not actually that good. Which is why I draw to fix some things in photoshop and don't put my poses out for use :joy:

Also, I can't see the sneak previews :sob:

@chocis Oh no, hope you don't get a cold! Being sick is terrible :( I think my time zone is like UTC-5? Or is it -6... It's 2:28PM at the time I'm posting this (I'm always bad with time zones and I'm always awake when I shouldn't be. I have terrible sleeping habits or rather, I sleep too much)

It started to snow again over here, and I'm a little upset since it's my birthday lmao :sob: Why, mother nature? Why? :sob: My brother kept cracking jokes about how it'd be hilarious if it snowed again and it's happening. Aaahhh
    But on the bright side, it's not too bad so it isn't messing with my internet. I can watch the Power Rangers marathon on twitch without too many issues LOL. Hopefully it'll let up or stop when I actually celebrate this weekend.
    I'm American, specifically mountain time (aka, UTC -7 I think?). O.O It's currently daylight savings, of course... XD

@Cement Thank you! My only problem is that I didn't know anything about moving the face around, so he's stuck with the default face set. XD But that's okay!
    @Cement you kind of remind me of my best friend :sweat_smile: She is super artistic and loves to draw/do graphic stuff like that. And a few of the jokes that you made in the ad remind me of some she would make. LOL. But it is really impressive that you add to your pictures through drawing and such. That is really amazing! And honestly I didn't even notice at all so you must be uber talented. :blush: As far as blender goes, I think I just need to play around with it more. It would be really nice to be able to make my own poses so I didn't have to spend hours upon hours searching the deep dark web for stuff.

I find most of the good stuff online too is now no longer available. Like all the links are broken since the sims 3 is getting older. And it is only going to get worse (like I was searching pinterest for sims 3 make-up and the only thing that came up was sims 4 stuff!) so I feel like I need to teach myself how to make my own poses, although I think I am probably a lost cause for CC.

Also, this is a little birthday surprise that I got off the internet LOL. Hope you had a great day yesterday! Movie marathons sounds like a great way to spend it. Hehe. My fingers are crossed that you get to go out and party this weekend though (your birthday + St. Patricks day?? I would say that equals party time).
    bl_b_day02.png

Also, pooh. Well here is a link to the imgur album if anyone really is interested. I am super happy with how these guys turned out :sweat_smile: The chapter will hopefully be up tonight, my game is acting up though and keeps crashing whenever I go into it. If not it will be up tomorrow with friday's chapter as well!

• JordanSimsFJordanSimsF Posts: 221 Member
    Happy Birthday @Cement !!! Hope it was really great!

Here are my answers

I think he's loyal because he avenged his coven to the best of his ability. I also think he comes across as tough but on the inside he has a gentle heart because he was heartbroken when his mate and coven died. He still is, but is putting on a brave face so his new coven won't be burdened by his grief.

I think Raelynn is stronger than we think. From her living on the street to going to a vampire infested town...even if she didn't really think it through. I think her being Jacques' pet will bring out this strength. I foresee her reaching breaking point then rising above and coming out a better person.

He will realise that he can trust her and giver her more and more freedom. Then she will realise she actually likes being with Jacques and his coven. I also think that Raelynn may turn out to be similar to his mate in some way or remind him of her and maybe they fall in love?

[Thing is, I don’t regret it, nor do I care about the possible consequences my actions will bring.]
    [And nobody can ever stop me as I avenge what those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 humans took from me.]
    These lines bring out his don't care attitude and I love it! It's like the world revolves around him. It also shows his need for revenge and tells us that whatever he puts his mind to he's gonna do it to the best of his ability.

007.png?w=497
    I think this adds suspense to the whole story. Like, what is he gonna do to her???
    @Cement How could I have missed this?!?!?!?! Happy belated birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys! The day was nice, had a small celebration with my family on the day of and ended the night with midnight gaming with friends.
    I did plan a party for the weekend, but I guess the government wanted to give me a present with jury duty. I've been so exhausted, but hopefully it won't drag too long. I can still party, but I gotta be wary :sob:

@Dancer-freak if you look hard enough, you can see it all! LOL Ooh, that's nice. I get that comment a lot :joy: I guess I could say I'm a bit artsy. I used to draw comics and did jobs as a mural painter back when I was in high school and a little after along with face painting gigs for children's parties :joy: I don't do it much now since I spend most of my time doing other things relating to school or whatever. I also worked in photography for like a few months, too. ...My background is actually really art oriented now that I think about it lmao :joy:
    Nowadays I photoshop my friends on weird actually animals and the like. :joy:
    Kinda wacky I'm doing nursing now, I think :joy:

And wow, I know what you mean. CC hunting is hard in general. Broken links break my heart :'( When it comes to CC, TS4 doesn't have all the good stuff yet. I'm hoping, but a lot of the things I'd like in my game don't exist yet (probably because they're technically controversial... I love shady stuff, although I can't exactly explain why I have them in my game lmao).

And ooh, looking forward to reading your chapter after I get all of this jury duty stuff over with. :joy:
    @Cement oh ew! Jury duty??? That is a major bummer :(

WOW! Only a bit?? Hehehe, but I mean nursing is kind of an art in itself and the aforementioned friend is trying to make it as an artist, it's a hard field to have a steady job in. But I mean it is always a wonderful skill to have and you could always supplement nursing with on-the-side arts stuff!

I am sure TS4 will have better stuff out soon! Or if you dug deep enough you might find what you are looking for... especially if it is shady. I found with TS3 all the shady stuff you have to pay for, which like you aren't suppose to do but whatever.

As for my story! My game is literally driving me mad right now. I have it almost done and it keeps crashing and it is frustrating me so I am going to wait a bit and come back to it later lol.

IT'S CYCLE SUNDAY
    This week we are discussing The Reed Legacy by @JordanSimsF

Before you read these questions I would like to say that there is spoilers if you have not read through the whole thing!

Here are a few questions for the author!
    1. What was your inspiration to start The Reed Legacy and what inspired the creation of the founder, Gianna?
    2. What is the hardest part about a Build Newcrest Challenge?
    3. So far what has been your favourite part of writing this story? Do you prefer Gianna or Levi or Kassie and why?
    4. As for 2.3, when Aurora dies, was that plot twist planned? How much of the story is planned and how much is story-driven?
    5. So can you tell us why Tobias and the rest of Kassie's family don't get along or is that a 'wait and see' situation?

And for the readers!
    1. What are you impressions so far of the characters? Do you have a favourite?
    2. How do you think the deaths of the characters, Gianna, Noah and Aurora, have impacted the story? What were you thoughts when Aurora so suddenly died?
    3. What has been your favourite part of the story? Be it a scene, a quote or a picture?
    4. What do you hope will happen to/for Kassie in generation three?

Lastly here are my answers!

So far I like them! JordanSims has really created a bunch of ambitious sims who are hard working and family loving. My favourite is probably Levi, he is the little baby in my eyes. The only child of Gianna and Noah and HE IS SO ADORABLE. LOL. Although I also really, really like Kassie. I feel badly for her in the last few chapters because she feels so stagnant in her life. That is never a great feeling. I just hope that generation three really picks up for her!

2. How do you think the deaths of the characters, Gianna, Noah and Aurora, have impacted the story? What were you thoughts when Aurora so suddenly died?

I think that death is always a really important part of any "legacy" type story. Especially that of a founder/heir/other intrinsic character. It adds depth and realism to a plot and, especially in the case of Aurora, it can add an element of drama. I was very sad when Aurora died, I would have liked to see her be able to watch her children grow up.

3. What has been your favourite part of the story? Be it a scene, a quote or a picture?

Probably when Kass and Toby got married!! Those pictures were so beautiful and her dress was just awesome.
    2-10-5.png?w=620

I hope that she finds fulfillment! I would also like to see some more drama for her, hehe. So I think that the hostility between Kass's family and her husband is a pretty great way for that to happen.
    IT'S CYCLE SUNDAY
    This week we are discussing The Reed Legacy by @JordanSimsF

Before you read these questions I would like to say that there is spoilers if you have not read through the whole thing!

Whew, I just caught up last night, actually. :) Just in time, eh? ^-^
    1) Personally, I kind of like the characters. :) I was totally hoping for one of them to be g.ay, since g.ay couples are my absolute favorite. I got really excited when I read the part about Levi's son not wanting to tell his dad the secret -- thinking that he was g.ay, not dating an older woman. XD But se-la-vie (totally misspelt that).
    2) Peronally, I feel like the deaths were almost a way to get them out of the picture -- so that they couldn't steal the heir throne back yet. However, I think that Aurora's death was especially tragic since she didn't come back to life -- and she left her young kids behind to be raised by their poor father. XD
    3) So far, my favorite picture is the one with Kassie and Tobias sitting in the hot tub together. :32-11-8.png?w=768
    I don't even know why...
    4) One thing that I hope will happen for Kassie is that she will get more recognition, since it seems like she's not quite the preferred child of the family. At least, not to Levi or the rest of their family, since her family chose the wedding over her birthday...
    @Dancer-freak It is! Hopefully the last few days will go by quicker. :sob:
    I did want to balance the two things, but it gets hard to continue art stuff when I have so much to study for in nursing. :sob: At least I can doodle in between classes and study periods. :)
    And you know, when I read "if you look hard enough you'll find it," I suddenly realized I could just easily recolor this one jacket to get what I wanted, and, well... Now I'm happy LOL. It's one of the things I "needed" :joy:I spent this morning uselessly drawing it in Photoshop and turning my monitor away from my door so I won't get judged for the controversial thing

Pay for? Whaaat, that's wacky :o And oh, I hope your game works out its kinks! I'm currently smashing my head into a wall trying to figure out how to word things again. It's so easy to figure out A and B, but not the inbetween. :pensive:

My answers for ~Cycle Sunday~

In Gianna's era, she seemed bubbly and outgoing, and seemed much more in tune with her role as a mayor to build Newcrest from the ground up. When it was Levi's turn, the story became more family oriented and focused more on the kids, possibly because of his aspiration. The family looked more close-knit to me since there wasn't much talk about other townies around when in comparison to Gianna's generation. Kassie seems like she'll be a very motivated character since she rose to the top of an elite club so quickly. Looking forward to seeing what Kassie's story develops into. :)
    As for favorites, yes. Levi is my favorite, because he was a single dad for a time. I obviously have a soft spot for single dads.

Is it odd to think of Gianna and Noah's deaths as comical because they almost successfully came back every time?
    I found Aurora's death actually tragic in a way since it left Levi with three kids--But as a lover of single parent households, I found the outcome pleasant. I like to think that point of time made Levi more mature in a way, since he had three mouths to feed by himself.

Almost anything with Levi being plain rude LOL. It reminds me he has Evil like his dad, and that it just makes me laugh. :joy:
    Levi only had male friends though because as you know girls have cooties.
    The first thing did Levi did after aging up was get a stylish hairstyle.

“Gone are the days of mum and dad dressing me and combing my hair.” he thought.

1-10-8.png?w=620

“Hey random girl on the street! What do you think about my hair” he shouted running into the street.
    “Get away from me you weirdo” she said.
    “You’re just jealous you have lame pigtails in you hair.” Levi said pointing at her.
    2-11-4.png

I'm hoping her transition as the new heir would be smooth, since it seems pretty rocky right now with almost everyone in her family aside from her siblings suddenly antagonizing her husband. (Maybe Damien's right, and Levi's just thinking about what Tobias is doing to Kassie behind closed doors ;)) Hopefully the whole thing was just a misunderstanding and everything will work out. :)
    It's so easy to figure out A and B, but not the inbetween. :pensive:

Here's what I struggle the MOST with in my writing. Right now, in Scarlet Teardrops, I have A (which you've already read) figured out. And I have B (gen 2) already figured out. But nothing else between has been figured out. :( That's where my main struggle is at the moment. XD
    Hi guys! I can't help but smile when I read your answers. It's so good to see people enjoying my story. I still think of myself as new to the whole sim story thing and I read other stories and they're so fabulous and I'm sitting in my corner thinking wow my story must be lame. So it's nice to be a part of this circle and hear your opinions :blush:

@Cement I totally understand that A and B thing. I'm at a point like that with my story now. Especially since my inspiration sort of died with all my recent laptop trouble.

And here are my answers!

1. What was your inspiration to start The Reed Legacy and what inspired the creation of the founder, Gianna?

I've been a Sims fan since the days of Sims 2 I only recently started playing Sims 4 (like late 2015- early 2016 I think) and I saw that people did Sims challenges so I thought "Hey! Let me try one." I did a Big brother one but I never really watched that show or read many challenges so it was pretty lame but then I stumbled upon the build Newcrest one and I I defffff wanna try this.
    Inspiration for Gianna... I pretty much just created a Sim that I found appealing to the eye but now looking at her she's kind of like me.
    People seem to think I'm outgoing (I beg to differ), I love the outdoors and I tend to trip alot :lol: Maybe if I stretch I can say she looks like me too :smiley:

2. What is the hardest part about a Build Newcrest Challenge?

Completing the tasks for each generation. With Gianna the perfect plants part was hard to get and she didn't complete until she was close to elder. With Levi I had to wait for Damien to have babies especially since I wasn't ready for Kassie to start hers and now with Kassie, getting her career to level 10 is taking forever!

3. So far what has been your favourite part of writing this story? Do you prefer Gianna or Levi or Kassie and why?

Kassie is my favourite so far! Like ever since she was a child I thought I def want her to be the next heir. Why I'm drawn to her I don't know. you know sometimes there are Sims that you just fall in love with? She's one of them. I hope she lives really long.

4. As for 2.3, when Aurora dies, was that plot twist planned? How much of the story is planned and how much is story-driven?

With Aurora, she was a townie and after she moved in she had a glitch and she wasn't aging so I killed her off (is that bad?). It came in nicely in the story though. I write while I play. I know my story has to follow certain rules so it has to go a certain way so I mostly focus on the tasks and build the story based on things that happen in the game. Every now and then I get a burst of creativity and write a piece of the story then get the screenshots to match it up.

5. So can you tell us why Tobias and the rest of Kassie's family don't get along or is that a 'wait and see' situation?
    Honestly I just wanted something different. I thought everyone getting along was too boring and in life things aren't always fine and dandy. I didn't actually think though reasons why I they didn't get along but it's sort of sorted in 3.1
    Aw, looks like we're all stumped here. :pensive: Just two slices of bread and no stuff to put inside. I think I found the stuff for my A and B for my next chapter, but I won't know if it works out until I actually type it! Jury duty is seriously exhausting. I wanna write but I'm just so tired after it all, aggghh :sob: I'd write while I'm there, but my laptop isn't the best (and the wifi there is utter garbage). I can't win :sob:

Just two more days left and I can get back to writing. Everything is aching :sob:

I also messed up my ankle, I think. It aches every so often and forces me to walk with the ouch foot bent outward. Not sure why it's like this now, but I should get it checked out sometime.

Aahh Jury duty please be over soon

And @JordanSimsF, was Aurora not aging because of her pregnancies, or was she just not aging at all, even when not? :o I guess that glitch worked out into something good, hehe
    Ah, sims I fell in love with, definitely. They're all my babies
    And I agree with your statement there, it does get boring when everyone gets along. (Where would the drama go? :'()

How's everyone doing?
    She wasn't aging at all. Her age bar was just stuck.

Doing ok. Waiting for work to finish so I could go for ice cream!
    Hey guys! So, there has been a new rule update. Instead of just participating once a month to remain a member of the group, instead, you need to participate twice per cycle. In other words, you need to respond to the questions for at least two stories every cycle. These do not have to be in a row -- for example, you could answer my questions, then answer @Dancer-freak's story questions later. But you need to participate in at least two story discussions. :)
    Noted! Did I mention I was off jury duty? I lied. Still here... Hoping it's ending soon.
    ...Hope is failing :')