Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolf Den -- Reading Circle for New Stories -- FULL

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
g826UvO.png
Welcome to the Wolf Den, a reading circle specifically for new stories! All skill levels, reader counts, themes and sims games welcome. :)
For more on reading circles, please check out @CathyTea's thread.
Logo courtesy of @Cement
Current Group Discussion
Registration Form:
Username:
Sims game(s) featured:
Main Theme:
Story link:
Update Thread:

Rules:
  • Your story must be no older than 30 days, or must start within the next 7 days. Once your story is complete or otherwise ended, your story no longer qualifies for the group. However, you may remain a member if you submit a new story to the group. :)
  • To remain a member of the group, you need to participate for at least two stories per discussion. If you give a reason to being unable to, then you have one month to return. If you don't give a reason, then you will be removed from the group. You can always return if you have a new story. :)
  • If you'd ever like a different story in the group, then list the sims game feature, the themes, and any links to the story. :)

Current Members:
  1. @SilentWolf101 with Heartbeats (TS4, Mature/Dark/Challenge/Romance/PG-13+)
  2. @Cement with White Lies And Half Truths (TS4, Thriller/Romance/Violence, Forum Update Thread)
  3. @arrowleaf with The Landon Legacy (TS4, Romance/Mature, Forum Update Thread)
  4. @Bellagorilla with Severed From Sixam (TS4, challenge/sci-fi-ish/drama Forum Update Thread)
  5. @Asaoyoru with BNLC (TS4, Family/Drama/Romance, Forum Update Thread)
  6. @winterbaby20 with The Graves Legacy (TS3, Mature/PG-16+/Romance/Violence/Family)

Former group discussions:
Discussion 2: Writing Style
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | General discussion

Discussions 3: Standing Out
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Discussion 4: Questions and Emotions
Week 1 |
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments

• StephKillahBStephKillahB Posts: 84 Member
    I'm interested in being a part of this group. Do I just comment here with my registration form?

Here it is anyway:

Username: StephKillaB (I wish so badly I could change this! :s)
    Sims game(s) featured: The Sims 4: Get To Work & Get Together EPs
    Main themes: Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Suspense/Romance
    Story link: simplexes.wordpress.com
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Please check out my TS4 story: 'Ineffable'
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    Username: BabydollAnne
    Sims game(s) featured: Sims 4
    Main Theme: Family drama
    Story link: Wiseone Legacy

I just wanna make reading/writing friends. Feel free to follow my tumblr, message me on here or there to chit chat about stories, anything!! I will provide good friendship and solid memeing.
  • noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    Hi, I just started a new story and am interested in getting feedback and seeing what others have to share!

Username: noxxims
    Sims game(s) featured: Sims 4
    Main Theme: Drama, Romance, Mystery
    Forum link: A Rose For Bella or click my signature!
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @StephKillahB Awesome! That's for your interest! And yes you do. I assume that your story is Ineffable, since that seems to be the only story on your site.

@noxxims and @BabyDollAnne Thank you both for joining. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    @SilentWolf101 Thanks! Looking forward to reading everyone's stories when I get a chance :)
    @SilentWolf101 Thank you! I'm loving these stories <3
    @StephKillahB Awesome! That's for your interest! And yes you do. I assume that your story is Ineffable, since that seems to be the only story on your site.

Yes, that is my only sim story so far. I'm sorry if I confused anyone. I'm very new to this.

@BabyDollAnne, could you please link me to the first chapter of your story? I'm a little confused by your blog, but I'd like to check out your story and give you feedback. :)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Yes, that is my only sim story so far. I'm sorry if I confused anyone. I'm very new to this.

@BabyDollAnne, could you please link me to the first chapter of your story? I'm a little confused by your blog, but I'd like to check out your story and give you feedback. :)

My blog posts are in a chronological order on the Legacy tab, so you can read it from start to [where it is now], grabbing the link to that just now :3 just keep scrolling down to read all parts! Wiseone Generation 1
    My blog posts are in a chronological order on the Legacy tab

Oh, good to know, thanks! I guess it was just the first post that threw me off the most. Beautiful sim, though. ;)

I'm going to start reading right now.
    L6ASt4L.jpg

My blog posts are in a chronological order on the Legacy tab

Oh, good to know, thanks! I guess it was just the first post that threw me off the most. Beautiful sim, though. ;)

I'm going to start reading right now.

I'm absolutely infatuated with my own sim though, she's so stunning I can't even handle. and thank you <3
    @BabyDollAnne I'm all caught up now!

First thing I want to say is, your sims look great! You must be using a pose pack mod or something which really adds to the realism of your story. Also, can I just say—Jessica's dad has this awesome gothic vibe to him. Even if he is a controlling jerk, he looks cool.

So, I don't have lot of constructive criticism right now because your story is still in the beginning stages. Could you possibly give me a quick run-down of the plot you have planned? Like, if you were to write a short summary of your story, what would it be?

I'm just waiting for something juicy and dramatic to happen! >:) What's in Jessica's near future, I wonder. Is she going to develop a sort of grandmotherly relation with the librarian or was that just a one-time meeting?
    L6ASt4L.jpg

@BabyDollAnne I'm all caught up now!

First thing I want to say is, your sims look great! You must be using a pose pack mod or something which really adds to the realism of your story. Also, can I just say—Jessica's dad has this awesome gothic vibe to him. Even if he is a controlling jerk, he looks cool.

So, I don't have lot of constructive criticism right now because your story is still in the beginning stages. Could you possibly give me a quick run-down of the plot you have planned? Like, if you were to write a short summary of your story, what would it be?

I'm just waiting for something juicy and dramatic to happen! >:) What's in Jessica's near future, I wonder. Is she going to develop a sort of grandmotherly relation with the librarian or was that just a one-time meeting?

You'll just have to waaaait, luckily for you it posts itself twice daily!
    (I'm so far ahead in gameplay. I feel super bad. I've been having SO much fun with the plot!)
    The best part about having only new stories be able to join is that it's very easy for readers to catch up on the stories. :) Hopefully I can have the first chapter of my story out today or tomorrow. :)

@BabyDollAnne I have finished reading what you have of your story, and so far, it's quite enjoyable. Though I personally prefer long chapters, your updates are still a very enjoyable read, and Jessica is quite the beautiful sim. :D I feel bad for her, but it seems like she'll be starting her own legacy here in the near future. :)

@StephKillahB I think that you're missing a few updates on your index page, because it shows more in the recent posts than what's linked on that page. The beginning of your story has made me consider what it would be like to have a legacy within a prison... Though the logistics aren't sound, it sounds like an awesome way to start a legacy. :3 I really love Elias Slade, though it confused me when his name suddenly turned from Slade to Elias and back to Slade. I had a feeling that his backstory to the sentence was something like that, though in my mind a lot more happened than what's in the chapter...

@noxxims I rather enjoyed the first chapter, and am interested in what you have in store for poor Bella. Will she choose her faithful husband, or will she chose the new guy? I can already see the drama unfolding...
    Honestly @StephKillahB's story has kind of inspired me for the future of my legacy, or perhaps a different story all together. But I have little ideas floating around my brainspace!

@SilentWolf101 thank you :D the short chapters are good for me, it means I can release multiple a day and keep peoples attention, also its more likely to be binge read because "Oh its just short chapters!"
    @StephKillahB I think that you're missing a few updates on your index page, because it shows more in the recent posts than what's linked on that page.

You're right, I am missing a few of the latest chapters on my 'Ineffable' page! I wasn't expecting people to find those (because not all Chapters 06-10 are finished yet), but I will be sure to add them to my index right away to make it more accessible.
    I really love Elias Slade, though it confused me when his name suddenly turned from Slade to Elias and back to Slade. I had a feeling that his backstory to the sentence was something like that, though in my mind a lot more happened than what's in the chapter...

Thank-you, I also have a fond spot for him, too. Sorry about the confusion, though! I kind of figured I needed to write that part a little differently. To explain: Elias is his first name, and Slade is his last. As narrator I prefer to refer to him as Slade because that's what he is normally called by most people, except for his brother who calls him by his first name. Hope that clears things up.
    Honestly @StephKillahB's story has kind of inspired me for the future of my legacy, or perhaps a different story all together. But I have little ideas floating around my brainspace!

Ha, that's awesome! Let me know if you ever do write it so I can check it out. ;)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Speaking of binge reading I'm going to read everyone's stories now lol
    @BabyDollAnne Hehe, that's perfectly understandable. :) And yes, that's exactly my thought process when I binge read your legacy today. XD

@StephKillahB Hehe, I just noticed that, but I used the arrows at the bottom of the chapters to get by. And it's alright -- I quickly figured out that it was the same person, but it just confused me at first. And I thought Slade was his middle name, not his last. It sounds nice, though! :)

@noxxims XD Awesome! :D
    @noxxims Nice! Please let me know what you think of mine when you get around to it. I'm looking forward to your feedback. :)

@SilentWolf101 Just realized I haven't read yours yet! I'm going to start that right now.

BTW, I have completed all Chapters 06-10 now. Please let me know what you all think of the story progression so far.
    L6ASt4L.jpg

@noxxims Nice! Please let me know what you think of mine when you get around to it. I'm looking forward to your feedback. :)

@SilentWolf101 Just realized I haven't read yours yet! I'm going to start that right now.

BTW, I have completed all Chapters 06-10 now. Please let me know what you all think of the story progression so far.

Hehe, mine isn't up yet. XD I'm working on the first chapter right now, but struggling with one little part that's throwing everything off. -.- And now I shall read the newest updates to your story. :)
    Hehe, mine isn't up yet. XD I'm working on the first chapter right now, but struggling with one little part that's throwing everything off. -.- And now I shall read the newest updates to your story. :)

I seen that, haha! Well, please let me know as soon as you post it.

I appreciate all the encouragement you've been giving me for my own story. :)
    L6ASt4L.jpg

Of course! :) I plan on posting when the story is uploaded, and if things go according to plan, then I should have the first chapter uploaded sometime tomorrow.
    Update: Woohoo! :D I finally have Scarlet Teardrops out, along with the first chapter. :)

Scarlet Teardrops
    @SilentWolf101 I just read it! It's so incredibly dark. I love it. >:)

I wonder what kind of character development is in store for Jacques (assuming that is the vampire's name).
    L6ASt4L.jpg

@StephKillahB Love your profile pic! I assume you just became a member, and if so, congrats! :D And thank you for the compliment. :) It's gonna get a lot darker and to the point where it's probably not something anybody under 17 (and even 17 is a bit questionable, but that's where I am sooooo) probably shouldn't be reading it. XD And yes, that is his name, but this is probably the only chapter you'll see from his point of view. :)
    edited July 2016
    [I edited this because I realized we're not supposed to talk about our ages here.]

I wonder if there are any people here my age or if I'm just kind of a huge dork, writing sim stories in between my wife and mother duties? :p
    L6ASt4L.jpg