Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5vvwg48iNE

BLOG POST by SGGraham: Have Fun in the Sun With The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff:
https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/backyard-stuff-news?sf47299644=1

UPDATE! Monday 11th July: Drake just posted an excited gif! That means new information this week!

This is the quarterly teaser.

@SimGuruDrake Thank you for telling us :)

We treated this teaser just like the last, there is still a video that shows the same thing but opted to have a GIF on Twitter instead so its easier to share. And considering the layout is the same (content on a white background) and is meant to give you an idea of the content and the type of pack it is we fulfilled what we said we would do.
So, is this teaser just for the stuff pack? If so, why did Graham say this?

Capture.JPG?dl=0

It shows off the stuff pack, yes. But he is correct that not everything is part of the stuff pack (example is Kids Room Stuff and the Monster under the bed. Shown together because the Monster under the bed came in an update as a free base game feature that tied really well with the Kids Room Stuff Pack theme.)
ULIBABA66 wrote: »
I had such high expectations for this "teaser" and it turned out to be nothing than just a render for Backyard SP that will probably come no earlier than September and nothing else, right @SimGuruDrake ? Why did @SimGuruGraham tell on Twitter that the teaser also shows free content though? I don't get this at all anymore...

Because it does show free content.

Looks like Backyard Stuff is the only paid content we get this quarter.

- Lemonade

- New baby bassinet mesh?

- New unnatural haircolour for kids

- Nanny NPC - new free content?

No hints for a colour wheel apparently:
Krisha880 wrote: »
Post edited by Krisha880 on

Comments

• Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    3rd stuff pack now that focuses on gardens! Urgh :/

I hope we get some fun activities for our sims, or some fun new objects at least! I'm excited for more info on the pack!
  • littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    Umm....okay. Not expecting this but the info on the EP3 but still okay...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    It's so awkward how they have the babies crib in the garden like that's normal.

Lol I was thinking the same. I was like whut?! Why?

For the pack; eeh.. don't know. Not that impressed so far.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm honestly not sure how to feel about it. I need more information lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Looks like this is a leaked pic. The video is not really a video. Certainly not something Maxis put together, but it may prompt them to release the actual video sooner....
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I'll want for more info, to judge
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    I don't mind a more "family garden" pack, but need some more info. Loving those wedges though.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited July 2016
    I hope this is not everything that we get in the next three months. Also,has anyone noticed the coloured hair for children?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I would assume there's more to come. Any of the mini-teasers we've seen have left out key content, haven't they? We've seen that only in announcement videos. Lemonade alone would be waaaaay less of a gameplay object than anything we've seen in an SP so far, unless it's The Best Mega Lemonade Gameplay Ever.

@Simanite babies can already be held in the game, for a lot of interactions, but it would take a fair bit of work to hide the bassinet in that setup - it's not real gameplay in this teaser.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I would assume there's more to come. Any of the mini-teasers we've seen have left out key content, haven't they? We've seen that only in announcement videos. Lemonade alone would be waaaaay less of a gameplay object than anything we've seen in an SP so far, unless it's The Best Mega Lemonade Gameplay Ever.

@Simanite babies can already be held in the game, for a lot of interactions, but it would take a fair bit of work to hide the bassinet in that setup - it's not real gameplay in this teaser.

That said, I do like the lemonade pitcher! And now I need lemonade for real.

@TheSimer I hope not too, but I'd already convinced myself they'd rather release an EP in holiday-shopping season and that they just released a GP, so... But this doesn't look like a seasonal teaser either. And well caught on the hair!! I love that hair.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'll wait for the gurus here in the states to put out their teaser before I get all weak in the knees over new content. Another so called 'leak' coming out of nowhere? Sorry, but I am not taking the bait. Let's see, we had one come out of Denmark, one came from Spain and now this one comes from Italy. Oh, and the one from South America. About once a month we are gifted a leak of some kind, and I wish EA would rein in their foreign-based employees and give them more to do than cause trouble. How can anyone become excited over some music, voices and a picture? There wasn't much to see, in all honesty. But if that is EA's idea for a future stuff or game pack? Meh. I'll pass. So, in reality, I guess the leak was a total flop as far as grabbing attention. Just stop and consider the source before jumping to the conclusion that this is a true rendition of what the teams are working on. Just a thought.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    I know a lot of people aren't excited over lemonade but I am. My Sims had a BBQ yesterday and I had to give them orange juice. Also, I hope that this is a new gameplay jug that makes it easier to serve drinks. I hate having to make my Sims all get a drink individually from the fridge then get their meal if I want them to eat and drink at the same time, maybe this will make it easier to serve drinks at meal times and let us serve all the drinks we have!