Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We could change it all- Sims 4 Apocalypse challenge

Comments

• TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Well, lucky for you I am about to start writing and screenshotting the next chapter! And I understand the fast reader thing. Its a curse and a blessing :D
    Charlie

I was getting dressed for work when Damien walked into our room. I assumed he was just going to sleep. We don’t speak as much as we used to anymore; My graveyard shifts made sure we almost never saw each other. I was about to leave the room when he started talking to me. “Hey Charlie? Can you come here for a second?” I turned around and sat down next to him. “I don’t have a lot of time. I’ve got work in 20 minutes.”
    Damien brushed his hand through his hair and sighed. “I- I’ve got something really important to ask you, and please hear me out without jumping to conclusions.” Did he really think I was that hot-headed? “I’m listening.”
    02-25-17_3-03-04c2a0pm.png?w=680
    “I- I want us to have a child together.” He what?! I stood up and walked to the door without saying a word. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down on the bed. “This is exactly what I mean! You won’t hear me out before I’m done telling the whole story!” I scooted away from him and tensed up.
    02-25-17_5-30-38c2a0pm.png?w=680
    02-25-17_3-09-26c2a0pm.png?w=680
    He knows I hate being yelled at. He swallowed, quieting his voice a bit. “🐸🐸🐸🐸, sorry. I know you hate yelling. Please let me explain Charlie.” I relaxed a bit. “I’m sorry too. Your explanation better be good, because I’m not buying anything so far.”
    02-25-17_3-03-43c2a0pm.png?w=680
    He took a deep breath and started talking. About his dream, about his desire for a family and our parents’ condition. I knew Mika didn’t have much time left and James was going gray as well. But I hadn’t heard anything about my dad in a while. The last time I saw him was at the wedding, already months ago. He’d looked fine, but then again; look what happened to Mika in that time. He looked at me, unable to hide hoe desperate he was.
    02-25-17_3-08-25c2a0pm.png?w=680
    I sighed. “Damien, I need to think about this. You can just say these sorts of things, but I have to carry and give birth to this baby. Not to mention the …conceiving part. I mean, we’ve never... you know...” He put his hand on mine. “I know. And I can’t even imagine what it will be like for you. But look at the bright side. You get to be a mom. There will be a little person we made that loves you unconditionally, and that you can love more than anything in the world. The little person will become a big person to be proud of, to continue our legacies.”
    02-25-17_5-31-21c2a0pm.png?w=680
    We both smiled at this idea, and hugged. “Like I said, I’ll think about it."

Did that require a tissue warning? I think not. Sorry it's out so late. My word document decided not saving was a great idea...
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Nope it didn't for me at least :)
    I love how awkward their relationship is. It must be really hard in both of them
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    Yay! More to read and potential happiness around the corner too :blush:

...now I'll, start at the beginning and read to the end again until there's more to read :lol:
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I hope she says yes!
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I actually kind of feel like Damien had no right to request such thing. It felt kind of... Selfish I guess?
    And shoving it of like it's something positive for Charlie feels almost manipulating. I hope she thinks long and hard about whether this is something she really wants. Not just something she has to do because she's stuck in a loveless marriage.

Great chapter though! I might sound critical, but that's because I liked it <3:lol:
    @Broncos4life It is. they're both struggling in their own ways.

@sweety_blondy bahaha! :D good luck reading!

@Aeriexo11 Who knows, the possibilities are endless... ;) \

@Sterretjeee The reason it seems selfish is because it is! Damien has no right to ask this of her. But you have to keep in mind they're both young st*pid. They have a lot to learn about the world and setting their own boundries.
  • amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member
    This was so cool I just found this last night and am caught up with everything. This is so amazing and even inspired me to start a similar story type thing for my own challenge I've made. Keep up the great work!
    @amberquigley Im so glad I could inspire you! I read through your first two chapters and I'll definitely be keeping up with it!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited March 2017
    Oh my gawd. What is she going to do? She must feel like she's suffocating. She was forced into this marriage, she had to move to their house and now they ask more of her. It's like she's being put in a smaller and smaller boxes. Poor girl.
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited March 2017
    letter_charlie_pruhledny02.png?w=680
    Emily_letter02c.png

Charlie looked over the letter she just read with a heavy heart. Emily’s situation was a terrible one, but It also made her realize what It really means to be a mother.
    03-04-17_9-08-43c2a0pm.png?w=680
    It is a huge commitment and a wonderful thing. If people aren’t using it against you that is. That husband… 5 minutes alone with that man and Emily would be a free woman.
    03-04-17_9-06-16c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Charlie huffed, realizing how much that thought made her sound like her father. She missed him sometimes. At other times she was glad she was away from him.
    03-04-17_4-23-53c2a0pm.png?w=680
    03-04-17_4-24-08c2a0pm.png?w=680
    She started typing on her typewriter, making a mental note to have a chat with Damien about kids when they got the chance.

Sorry it's up so late, something unexpected came up.
    Post edited by TheGeekGamez on
    She's got a typewriter! It's amazing! Where did she get it? Love her angry face.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Probaby from some kind of junk yard. You were the one who thought of it.
    I like that Charlie has someone to talk to outside of the house. It's cool that you put the letters in though I'm not sure what Emily's say, can't read cursive, but it's a really cool concept and Annie looks so cute!
    I love the correspondence between Charlie and Emily, I believe they both benefit from it <3
    I wonder how that conversation will go.. Certain 'action' will have to take place to make a baby after all
    @amberquigley i'll put a non cursive letter under the spoiler tag for you.
    Hello Charlie, Those are horrible conditions you're living in! I guess I should be grateful for what I have and I used to be, but I can't anymore. I'm sending you a picture of my daughter Annie. She is my everything. I am allowed to see her only once a month and I can't do anything about it. My husband saw to it. I tried to leave him once. I took Annie and I had help, but he found out. He stopped us and he made the person who was helping me disappear. Then he took Annie from me. She is now with his sister who can't have Children of her own. She brings Annie every month, twice if I behave. I live only for those moments. I wanted to take my life, but I can't leave Annie in their hands. all i want is to be with my daughter. I'm sorry this letter is so depressing. I saw Annie just yesterday and now I have to wait a whole month to see her again. Emily

@Sterretjeee How Charlie wishes storks really did bring babies. :D
    @TheGeekGamez aw thank you for doing that!
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Just wanna say a huge thank you, I just found this thread, and you are such an amazing writer, I love it!! I have just sat and read the whole thing through and bookmarked. So entertaining!!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    No, thank you for reading and the compliment!
    2.15 A Child’s innocence

Yes! Charlie agreed to have a baby! She stated a couple of conditions of course.
    03-11-17_5-11-29c2a0pm.png?w=680
    1. After she is pregnant, no more baby making. Ever. One child and that’s it. 2. I am there when she gives birth and support her through the whole thing or she’ll have my head. 3. I will always care for my child, no matter who they turn out to be. I thought the last one was pretty self-explanatory and asked her why it was a condition. The only answer I got out of her was that her father had always wanted a son. Charlie never really talks about her childhood. I know that it wasn’t very great and that her mother wasn’t around for most of it, but that’s all she told me. I hope she is going to be okay.
    03-11-17_5-06-45c2a0pm.png?w=680
    This will be tough for her and I know that I am a selfish 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for asking this of her, but what other choice do I have? We can’t exactly divorce as long as our parents are around and both of us have legacies to uphold.
    A child is something pure and innocent. A young impressionable mind that believes in all the wonders you wish could be real. Raising a child in this world will be difficult but I made a vow today. I vowed that I will never let anything happen to my baby and that I would never stop trying to change this world for them. It’s dangerous out there, and I would gladly give up my life if it means keeping my child safe. -Damien

I should not be allowed near the Hamilton musical. I get way too inspired...
    edited March 2017
    I like Charlie's list. The girl knows what she wants. Makes me sad to know her father made her feel less wanted than if she was a boy. :cry:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    The last sentence seems so foreshadowing! Damien better not will have to give his life for the baby and leave them and Charlie alone!
    The last sentence seems so foreshadowing! Damien better not will have to give his life for the baby and leave them and Charlie alone!

I thought that too! I hope Damien doesn't die young!

@Maladi777 Charlie is very strong willed. It's one of the qualities she got from her father ;) For the rest of your comment
    Tony will eventually get to explain himself and everything he did will make more sense.
    @Sterretjeee @Broncos4life Ladies! I might have some evil plot twists up my sleeve, but I am no George R.R Martin!
    @Maladi777 Charlie is very strong willed. It's one of the qualities she got from her father ;) For the rest of your comment
    Tony will eventually get to explain himself and everything he did will make more sense.
    @Sterretjeee @Broncos4life Ladies! I might have some evil plot twists up my sleeve, but I am no George R.R Martin!

Glad to hear Damien will be around for a while! :D