Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We could change it all- Sims 4 Apocalypse challenge

Comments

• TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Broncos4life thanks!

@thejennifer things will be getting better, can't have my characters upset EVERY chapter ;)
    edited February 2017
    Entry 2.12: The toll time takes

I know that it’s been a while, but between work and being there for my family I really haven’t had much time. Now that mom has taken forced retirement and is chained to her bed all day I’m starting to notice how much we all depend on her. Once the pipes start leaking or the electricity is failing my first instinct is to call for her to fix it; until I realize she can’t anymore. So I try it myself, resulting in long periods without power or getting out of bed while ankle deep in water. Well, at least she’s still alive. Watching her wither away like this has made me realize what time can do to a person. If someone told me ten years ago my mother would end up as a husk of her former self tied to her bed I would’ve laughed and told them my mom would never die, she’s my hero after all.
    02-04-17_2-47-52c2a0pm.png?w=680
    02-04-17_2-59-36c2a0pm.png?w=680
    She is still fighting, but when you’re in an uphill battle that you know you’re going to lose all motivation leaves you. I heard her crying last night while talking to dad. The sole reason she’s holding on is because of us. She doesn’t want Sam, Eric, Diana and I to lose her this soon. And Lenny; oh watcher Lenny would lose another mom so quickly after he lost the one before that. Age never stops, no matter how much you want it to. –Damien

Hello!

My name is Emily. I hope someone will read this note. I really need a friend. Maybe you're desperate and feeling alone just like me. Please, reply, or I'll lose my mind soon.

Emily

letter_charlie01.png

Emily_letter01c.png

Hey guys! i hope you'll enjoy enjoy this little corrospondence between Charlie and Emily! Emily is a character from the Heffner legacy by @Maladi777 She wrote all of Emily's letters and they will soon appear in that story too! if you don't already now is the time to go read the heffners!
    Post edited by TheGeekGamez on
  • AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    Yay! A friend for Charlie. I hope that helps her when she's feeling sad.
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Awh... I hope they'll learn to take care of themselves along the way!
    And yay for Emily and Charlie! <3
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Awesome loved it!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    @AllyTod13 @Sterretjeee @Broncos4life Im glad you guy's enjoyed it! :) The kids will learn to take care of themselves, eventually. Im happy Charlie has a friend now, it'll be good for her.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited February 2017
    Nice to see those letters are out now. I'm little behind with my part because of health problems and some technical difficulties, but I hope the correspondence will resume soon on all sides.

And I have to say it's breaking my heart seeing Mika as an elder. She was always such a strong woman, a force of nature.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @Maladi777 I hope you get better soon! Seeing Mika like this is painful for me too. Makes me wish I had given her a happier life.
    Hey guys! Update might be a little late because I've been looking after my toddler sister for the past day or so and I am completely exhausted. Caring for IRL toddlers is a lot harder then it is in the game :s
    Entry 2.13: Dream

I have to write this now, before I forget it again. I had an amazing dream. I was standing in front of a little cottage that I can only describe as magical. There were flower’s everywhere, a small pool and through the window’s I could almost see the warmth radiating from within. I walked through the front door where I was met with a pleasant warmth and the smell of a home cooked meal. I followed the direction the smell was coming from and ended up in an old cozy kitchen. And in the center of it all was Charlie. Wearing a blue dress that complimented her gorgeous eyes. She had no scars, no tattoo’s and a happy smile on her face that is so incredibly rare.
    02-11-17_4-29-44c2a0pm.png?w=680
    02-11-17_4-32-46c2a0pm.png?w=680
    02-11-17_4-36-32c2a0pm.png?w=680
    She lovingly kissed me on my cheek and welcomed me home after a long day of work. Dinner was almost done, so I turned around to the dining table.
    02-11-17_4-34-19c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Which is when I experienced the biggest shock yet. In the high chair next to the dining table was a little girl with pitch black hair and gigantic grey eyes. My eyes. I swiftly picked her up from her chair; barely containing my happiness when I held her.
    02-11-17_4-42-45c2a0pm.png?w=680
    02-11-17_4-43-25c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Charlie was walking in with dinner and I put our daughter back in her dining chair.
    02-11-17_4-46-28c2a0pm.png?w=680
    I looked at the two girls sitting at the table with me and I didn’t know I was able to be that happy. That’s when I woke up, because I realized I couldn’t. -Damien

I hope you had your tissues prepared for this one! I have to admit, this made me kind of emotional as well. I felt like I needed to demonstrate Damien's newest personality trait; Family-Orientated. I also got inspired by those who commented on the Christmas special that it should've been someones dream. you know who you are.
    Awhhh, poor Damien! I wish his life could be like that! Hopefully things will look up for him soon!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    This is so sad. He has the perfect wife, except that he's not her perfect mate. I'm wondering how they're going to make this work. Can they adopt?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    I wish you had put the tissue box warning at the top XD :D

I feel so bad for Damien.... I wish he could live a happier life

• sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    That's it, next time I'm grabbing the tissue box before I sit down to read!
    I love what your doing with the journal entries - even if the story is so sad - so creative! Don't stop writing, please :)
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
    That's it, next time I'm grabbing the tissue box before I sit down to read!
    I love what your doing with the journal entries - even if the story is so sad - so creative! Don't stop writing, please :)

Same :D

@Sterretjeee Damien is currently in a very dark place. He'll have to pull his head out of the gutter soon though.

@Maladi777 I agree with you that Charlie amazing, but she isn't perfect. I blame the Corleonesi blood. :)

@Broncos4life note to self: Tissue warning for sad entries. :D

@sweety_blondy Thank you so much! Made my day :)<3
    Entry 2.14: What if

After reading that last entry over and over again I realized something. I want a family. Maybe not a big one like mom had, but a kid or two would be nice. The problem is Charlie. I have no idea if she wants this at all, and I have absolutely no right to force her into anything. Especially not something this big. She may be my wife, but she is not my property. Just imagine; everything I dreamed of could be true.
    dream.png?w=680
    Just a Dad, a mom and a child. A simple apple pie-life is that too much to ask? Our parents’ health is decaying, and quickly. I want them to meet their grandchild before they pass. Especially mom.
    Moving on from my little dilemma; lets write about something happier today. For example, Alice and Laurence will be starting in their fields soon. They are Months away from their birthday and so excited to leave home for the first time.
    02-18-17_5-55-03c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Lenny has recovered from his shock a bit and is now constantly following me around. He says he wants to be a writer, just like me. I’d be proud if he did, but I have the feeling it’s just a phase originating from the bedtime stories I tell him. Oh well, only time can tell. Everything is pretty peaceful right now. Mom is slowly coming to terms with that she isn’t what she used to be, and started helping around the house a bit more, so no more flooded bathrooms and powerless evenings.
    02-18-17_5-47-17c2a0pm.png?w=680
    It even allowed aunt Naomi to get her job back! She only works on weekends and we don’t really need the money, but I think she enjoys seeing what the system she built from the ground up all those years ago has become.
    02-18-17_5-49-04c2a0pm.png?w=680
    I suppose that these days being happy about little things is whats important. Dwelling on the past isn't healthy; and neither is worrying about the future.-Damien

I told you guys everything would become happier! also, be proud of me because after spending the whole afternoon struggling I finally fugured out how to use gimp! *bows*
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I just started reading the story today and I am all caught up! Love it!
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    @Breazona Welcome! I hope you will enjoy the rest of it as much as you enjoyed it so far!
    Another great part! Glad I didn't need the tissue box this time ;)

I really hope Damien and Charlie will have a good talk, figure out how to make a plummie situation less plummie.
    Glad Mika is getting better! :)
    @Broncos4life see? I can write happy stuff!
    @Sterretjeee I'm glad Mika is getting better too. I can't stand to see her this weak. Even though it's my own fault. :D
  • sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2017
    LOL I've got pins and needles waiting to read more of the story! Sorry for being so impatient @TheGeekGamez! When I find a good "book" I usually am unable to put it down until it's finished and I'm a fast reader (paperback = 2-4 hrs; hardcover = 6 hrs). This feels like someone took my book away - I must finish!!! :lol:
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)